Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I'm a bit confused over tinned tomatoes. I've pointed them with the calculator on the website and it says 2pp per 400g of normal tinned tomatoes but then my group leader says there 0pp. Can anyone help? I've seen a mixture of answers from other forums but just don't know which to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

I'm a bit confused over tinned tomatoes. I've pointed them with the calculator on the website and it says 2pp per 400g of normal tinned tomatoes but then my group leader says there 0pp. Can anyone help? I've seen a mixture of answers from other forums but just don't know which to go by.

I consider them 0 but im fat so dont take my word :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Haha! I'm just slightly annoyed thinking now that I missed out on a couple of points worth of food since I pointed them last week so I'm with you metime! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Tinned tomatoes which are stored in juice are 0pp just like fruit. You will get a pp value if you point them because they have a calorie value, but on the ww plan its free

Went back to my class. Im 5.5lb over goal so ive to pay again, but its still not as bad as I thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi all.

So I am back again and hopefully for the last time!

Weighed in a stone heavier than my heaviest :( (19 stone 2.5lb)

Anyone else weigh near what I weigh? Would be nice to buddy up as I feel this could be a very long road.

I kept holding myself back with the fact that I have to lose weight I already lost and was begrudging that fact. Now is the time to build and bridge and get over it and move on.

I have to stop letting the past hold me back and look towards the future.

Look forward to posting regularly :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Monife wrote: »
    Hi all.

Anyone else weigh near what I weigh? Would be nice to buddy up as I feel this could be a very long road.

I kept holding myself back with the fact that I have to lose weight I already lost and was begrudging that fact. Now is the time to build and bridge and get over it and move on.

I didn't weigh as much as you but there is a girl at my meeting, she started about a week after me back in March, who was about that weight, she has lost about 50 pounds since she started. She's not at her goal weight yet but she looks fantastic already and she's saying how happy she is. So in summary, you can do it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi all.

At my heaviest I was 17st 1lb. I know it can seem like a really long road ahead but just take it one step at a time.

I totally get were you are coming from about losing weight you already lost. I lost 5 stone and got to 12st 2lb. And couldn't get past that I had 2 stone to goal and I stopped going.

I went back and I was 15st 3.5lb. Over 3 stone to get back to my lowest. My leader suggested I clear my card and start from scratch! It was the best thing I did.

I am down 1st 11.5lbs since I rejoined and I now weigh 13st 6lb. I'm focussing on where I am now rather than where I was. So maybe start fresh!

It must be tough to have to lose more than the last time, but there's no point putting it off or you'll need to lose more again. Onwards and downwards!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hi all.

I kept holding myself back with the fact that I have to lose weight I already lost and was begrudging that fact

Why don't you set yourself loads of small goals. It's much more rewarding marking off a huge list of small goals rather than one big goal.

Stupid late night chips...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

metime wrote: »
    I consider them 0 but im fat so dont take my word :-D

Metime you are an absolute tonic:) Your posts always make me smile, hope your doing well.x

keesa wrote: »
    Stupid late night chips...

Hopefully you enjoyed every mouthful and you will pull it back today.

Hi all.

Hi Monife, Welcome back! When I came back to weight watchers this time I was two stone heavier then I was the first time I joined. I started this this time at 14 stone 7. and got down to 10 stone 7 but I have done a little bit of damage in the last few weeks and am up about 8 or 9 pounds. Just set yourself small 7lb goals. Every time I got a silver seven I started again to get another 7lb off. Anyway good luck on your journey and you will get plenty of support here.

Down 2lbs!!!

Well done! Looks like you are on the losing streak again:)

330fbpx.jpg

Gym session done and butternut squash soup for 0points. Only pointed the bread and flora :-D

Productive Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Jwacqui wrote: »
    330fbpx.jpg

Gym session done and butternut squash soup for 0points. Only pointed the bread and flora :-D

Productive Sunday.

What's the watch you use?

gubbie wrote: »
    What's the watch you use?

It's a Polar FT4. It comes with a heart rate monitor that you strap around your chest and then the watch.

They are €59.99 on here http://www.fitnessdigital.ie/polar-ft4f-heart-rate-monitor-purple/p/10002071/

Argos have then for €90.99, I bought mine on the above website and it was next day delivery. I love it. Has really helped me hit targets in the gym and motivates me.

Also I tried adding your blog to my feed before I realised that I already have it but the reason it wasn't showing up anything was because you haven't updated in more than a year! Update it please!! I love reading about peoples journey

Also I tried adding your blog to my feed before I realised that I already have it but the reason it wasn't showing up anything was because you haven't updated in more than a year! Update it please!! I love reading about peoples journey

Thanks! I've been so busy. I went back to college a couple of years ago and so busy with that and full time work. I must update it soon! I swore after teaching practice I would when I wasn't as busy then exams came around but I must get back to it.

Might try a weekly weigh in update!

Thanks! I've been so busy. I went back to college a couple of years ago and so busy with that and full time work. I must update it soon! I swore after teaching practice I would when I wasn't as busy then exams came around but I must get back to it.

Might try a weekly weigh in update!

Hate to tell you, life is about to get a whole lot busier once you start working! Just finished my NQT. Longest days of my life!

Please do though :)

• Advertisement

Hate to tell you, life is about to get a whole lot busier once you start working! Just finished my NQT. Longest days of my life!

Please do though :)

Ah it can't be as bad as it is now. I work a 40 hour week and complete a full time course and then TP aswell. I have some 17 hour days at the moment.

Had weigh in this morning. -2lb. Nearly had 2stone gone since I'm back.

My highest weight was 17st 1lb and I'm now 13st 4lb.

I have a wedding on Halloween night, my first wedding so I want to be down another 7lb for then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I have a wedding on Halloween night, my first wedding so I want to be down another 7lb for then.

Well done!

That is fantastic! Well done!

Congrats Jwacqui, you are doing so well. You are a total inspiration to the rest of us. Keep going!

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Well done!
    keesa wrote: »
    That is fantastic! Well done!
    honeygirl wrote: »
    Congrats Jwacqui, you are doing so well. You are a total inspiration to the rest of us. Keep going!

Aww thanks girls! You're all too kind! Couldn't do it without my wonderful boyfriend who is also down nearly 2stone. We make a dinner plan every week and make a shopping list from there. The organisation helps so much and we make sure to plan in our treats too!

I also think it helps being there before and regaining weight and having to re lose it. Definitely puts perspective on everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jwacqui, I love reading your posts. You're always so positive, it's great! :D

Not feeling so positive myself. TOTM always fecks things up for me. I'd love to STS this week but I'm almost always up this week every month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

honeygirl wrote: »

Totally agree, Jwacqui. It is like when I'm at meetings, and just listening to what others say can really strike a chord, and send me away determined, for the week ahead.

And thanks everyone here for the encouragement and support, this thread is great.
    I'm going to do this week as Simple Start, to get myself back into really positive habits, and I just have to get to a meeting next week. My own leader probably thinks I've run away! I've just been away with work, and a few days break. I've stuck fairly well to Filling and Healthy, but I think I do need to start afresh, in my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I was down 2 pounds yesterday, delighted with myself as I ate well but I didn't feel like I was depriving myself. However, we had cake in work yesterday at lunch and then went out for dinner as the in laws were up so I'll have to work hard for the rest of the week to make sure I don't go up next Tuesday. There's always something on though, it's hard to stay down!!

Well done everyone on the losses so far this week, people seem to be really going well at the moment.

• Advertisement

Not feeling so positive myself. TOTM always fecks things up for me. I'd love to STS this week but I'm almost always up this week every month.

A good week is never lost. If you're up it could just be water retention and you'll have the loss the next week. So dont give up!

Advertisement