Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kerrieq

Hi Everyone!

I've been following your thread for the last few weeks but this is my first time to post. I need some motivation and advice so hopefully you can help :) So I got to goal about 4 years ago and pretty much stayed at it for about 3 years but for some reason over the last year my eating habits have gone to hell. I have put on 12lbs and I'm finding it so hard to get back on track and get back to goal. I start out pointing on a Monday and last until Thursday or even sometimes Friday but the weekend arrives and I just give in and eat whatever I want and usually the worst type of food and far too much of it and then I go to work on Monday feeling awful and trying to start again. I haven't had 1 full good week in months. I don't know why I'm being like this as I really had my head around eating well for years but I seem to have no control over my eating and my choices. So I'm going off drink for November as I think that is also causing problems with my eating as I usually go out 1 night over the weekend and spend the next few days eating all around me. I went back to WW classes about a month ago determined to lose the 12 lbs before Christmas but I haven't gone back since as I know I've been so bad and probably put on more!!
    I still follow the old WW points system and I've wondering if you think I should try out the Propoints instead? If you could give me any help or tips on this I would appreciate it as I think I will struggle with it because the old system is totally ingrained into me. (I've been doing it for over 13 years) I'm hoping that if I start doing the Propoints it might give me a shake up and might give me more focus to stick to it..
    So that's my story.. Hopefully I can get back on track and start losing again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

kerrieq wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

I still follow the old WW points system and I've wondering if you think I should try out the Propoints instead? If you could give me any help or tips on this I would appreciate it as I think I will struggle with it because the old system is totally ingrained into me. (I've been doing it for over 13 years) I'm hoping that if I start doing the Propoints it might give me a shake up and might give me more focus to stick to it..
    So that's my story.. Hopefully I can get back on track and start losing again :)

You have done great to maintain for that long, i am just 3 from goal and im really worried about the maintaining part. I probably would be a good idea to try the new system, just to get a fresh start might get you back on track. Best of luck onwards and downwards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi Everyone!

I've been following your thread for the last few weeks but this is my first time to post. I need some motivation and advice so hopefully you can help :) So I got to goal about 4 years ago and pretty much stayed at it for about 3 years but for some reason over the last year my eating habits have gone to hell. I have put on 12lbs and I'm finding it so hard to get back on track and get back to goal. I start out pointing on a Monday and last until Thursday or even sometimes Friday but the weekend arrives and I just give in and eat whatever I want and usually the worst type of food and far too much of it and then I go to work on Monday feeling awful and trying to start again. I haven't had 1 full good week in months. I don't know why I'm being like this as I really had my head around eating well for years but I seem to have no control over my eating and my choices. So I'm going off drink for November as I think that is also causing problems with my eating as I usually go out 1 night over the weekend and spend the next few days eating all around me. I went back to WW classes about a month ago determined to lose the 12 lbs before Christmas but I haven't gone back since as I know I've been so bad and probably put on more!!

You sound like me!

I almost got to goal last year (was a few lbs away) but never made the final leap to get my gold card.

Anyway since then I've been pretty good, weight goes up and down a little but on the whole I tended to stay around the 11 stone mark or a little under and was happy with that.

Anyway lately I've lost the run of myself. Like you I am good all week pretty much and then the weekend comes and it's like Forget about it!!
    I used to be able to rein it in at the weekend but I have lost the ability to do that lately!

Help!!

dammitj wrote: »
    You sound like me!

I almost got to goal last year (was a few lbs away) but never made the final leap to get my gold card.

Anyway since then I've been pretty good, weight goes up and down a little but on the whole I tended to stay around the 11 stone mark or a little under and was happy with that.

Anyway lately I've lost the run of myself. Like you I am good all week pretty much and then the weekend comes and it's like Forget about it!!
    I used to be able to rein it in at the weekend but I have lost the ability to do that lately!

Help!!
    I sometimes think its worse to be so close to goal as you end up thinking - ah sure I've only a few pounds to go, I'll start properly next Monday!! But right now it's really starting to bother me as I haven't been this far off goal for a long time. Don't want to put on any more on top of the 12lbs.

This is it now - the big push to lose it by Christmas!!!

You have done great to maintain for that long, i am just 3 from goal and im really worried about the maintaining part. I probably would be a good idea to try the new system, just to get a fresh start might get you back on track. Best of luck onwards and downwards :D
    Yeh I think I will try the new system. Just been having a read of it there and I think it will be good. Also I'll go back to my meeting tomorrow and stay to listen to how other people are doing on it.. The focus is probably exactly what I need. Feel more motivated now :)

Well done on being so close to goal - maintaining worked so well for me for so long but its easy for bad habits to creep in and that's exactly what has happened with me. Good luck with the last 3 lbs!! You will have those gone before Christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Eabhabear wrote: »
    1.5 lbs seems to be the magic number today! I was also down 1.5 lbs :D Hopefully this week won't go too bad. Congrats to everyone who had losses today!

Just wondering if there are any coffee drinkers out there and if so do you think it affects your weight loss? I've never drank tea or coffee before but since starting work I've been drinking 2 cups a day with a small bit of milk and a bit of sugar. I'm scared its going to stall my weight loss as I really don't have the points for it and I feel like I need it :rolleyes:

Hi,
    I have about 4 cups of coffe each day, I also use canderal as a replacement for sugar, and i point 3 pp for all the milk i use in each cup.
    I don't think it should stop you losing weight as long as you are pointing the milk and sugar.

off to lunch, am starving!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi All,
    Had a bad weekend, ate a lot of bread. Was getting sick on Sunday night too which didn't help, can't help feeling it's something to do with the bread...
    Any how, back on track since yesterday!
    Had a delicious baked potatoe from M&S for lunch with bacon medallions, great low point lunch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Eabhabear wrote: »
    1.5 lbs seems to be the magic number today! I was also down 1.5 lbs :D Hopefully this week won't go too bad. Congrats to everyone who had losses today!

Just wondering if there are any coffee drinkers out there and if so do you think it affects your weight loss? I've never drank tea or coffee before but since starting work I've been drinking 2 cups a day with a small bit of milk and a bit of sugar. I'm scared its going to stall my weight loss as I really don't have the points for it and I feel like I need it :rolleyes:

I found last year when I was in full WW mode and being super good that when I started drinking tea every day (during the cold snap, was having 2 or 3 cups a day, sweetener and splash of low fat milk, all PP and accounted for), my weight loss stalled. It was the only thing I could think of and I googled it and it was something to do with the cafeine if you are slightly (or are) insulin resistant, which I think a lot of us could be.

I sometimes think its worse to be so close to goal as you end up thinking - ah sure I've only a few pounds to go, I'll start properly next Monday!! But right now it's really starting to bother me as I haven't been this far off goal for a long time. Don't want to put on any more on top of the 12lbs.

This is it now - the big push to lose it by Christmas!!!

I'm with ya sista!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

was down 3.5lb last night!! :) Absolutely delighted! Just what I needed to keep me motivated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Lost 1.5lbs!!! Delighted as was not expecting it. Must be all the extra walking I'm doing. Gotta try limit damage for the bank holiday!! Hope everyone has a great week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Monife wrote: »
    I found last year when I was in full WW mode and being super good that when I started drinking tea every day (during the cold snap, was having 2 or 3 cups a day, sweetener and splash of low fat milk, all PP and accounted for), my weight loss stalled. It was the only thing I could think of and I googled it and it was something to do with the cafeine if you are slightly (or are) insulin resistant, which I think a lot of us could be.

Thanks for all the coffee replies. I've had a lot of problems with plateaus so I just have a bad feeling that coffee is going to affect me. I managed to get through today without it. I'm going to try and go without it and if I really need one :rolleyes: I'll limit it to one only.

Well done on the great losses today some great numbers. Welcome also to all the new and returning people. This thread is a valuable resource I'd be loss without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 saine

Hi everyone,

I used to read this thread religiously last year when I started WW for the first time but never posted.
    I lost 17lbs on WW and then stopped after Christmas. I still had 19lbs to lose so I have no idea why I stopped. Mixture of Christmas, holidays and the fact I had done so well. Silly me.
    Anyway, I maintained my weight for the last 9 months, had a hectic summer, family wedding, moved jobs, moved country! But I stepped on the scales this morning and I have 4lbs on - this has just crept up on me so I need to stop it and make the scales go the other way! I have been weighing myself every week (on a Weds morning) to try and monitor it.
    As I mentioned I moved country and am living in Belgium now, meetings are in French or Dutch so I'm considering the online subscription but I think that they are also not in English. I am back tracking since Monday - I had a bad weekend so I knew things weren't going to be pretty stepping on the scales this morning!
    Anyway I'm back being motivated and am going to keep up with everyone online.
    Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to introduce myself and kick myself into gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Down 1.5 again last night, happy out!! Slow and steady but getting there :) I have my Graduation from college tomorrow though so I already know next weeks WI is gonna be a disaster!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Hello Everyone,

I hope your all doing well this week. Ive blogged a new post for a baked potato recipe for 7 Weightwatchers Propoints. http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/10/weightwatchers-style-baked-potato.htmlI hope wi goes well for you all. My wi is tonight, so fingers crossed.

Good Luck everyone:-)

24th October. 2 months and it'll be Christmas Eve #justsayin

OH DEAR Batton down the hatches.... we're going to be slim by Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Congrats to all on all the losses so far this week and welcome to more newbies :)

So I started off my new week a bit boldly by having apple tart for breakfast AND lunch (half of my defence was that my appetite still wasnt back to normal from the bug!). Disgraceful, I know..I was out for the rest of the day after that and had that notion in my head where ya think well I've already started off bad, no harm having more bad stuff, and was very close to buying more crap throughout the day, but the weight watcher in me came out and said no, reassuring myself that I'd only feel ten times worse and could undo my damage if I stopped there and then, so I did! Wouldn't let myself eat anything but a banana while I was out for the next few hours (being honest I was still kind of full from the tart!) and had a very light dinner when I came home, also forced myself to go for a walk in the wind and rain as punishment! Its days like those that make me worry about how easy it is to lose the run of yourself and before ya know it a few bad hours turns into a day, turns into a week, into a month, into a year,a nd the weight is back on. :( I know that the work is nowhere near over even though I'm at goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Was down another 1lb tonight. Woo!

Only 2.5lbs to goal now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

So... WI this morning. I was up 2.5lb. Gutted. I tracked well for the week. I know I let myself down yesterday when I indulged in some chocolate at work, but I felt a bit hard dove by on the scales this morn.
    I did, however, have enough excuses up my sleeve to make sure it wasn't the end if the world (totm, weighed later in the day, heavier shoes, and one other reason I won't go into!).
    I've been a bit bold today, am staying with friends, so had some yummy garlic bread with dinner. I was disciplined enough to eat my boring packed lunch today, rather than the hot chicken roll I'd have liked after my disappointing WI, so happy enough really.
    Ill track religiously again from tomorrow.
    Onwards and downwards folks!
    (I'm surprisingly upbeat this evening folks!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I have to say that's a very admiral attitude you have going on there ck! Theres no way that bit of chocolate in work could have undone a weeks worth of hard worth, it definately had to be one of the other factors you mentioned! Same has happened to me where I've been good and tracked all week and was up a totally unexpected 5lbs, it was sickening! Don't worry it'll show on the scales next week, especially if you put in as good an effort this week! And you definately deserved to treat yourself today, you have the right attitude, its great to see! Best of luck this week!

• Advertisement

Thanks taz! I'm a bit more on board with it all at the moment! I'm inspired by everyone here!

Hi all,

Has anyone been watching Jamie's 15 Minute Meals?

I have to say they all look yum and are low in calories, must have a go at propointing some of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

24th October. 2 months and it'll be Christmas Eve #justsayin

OH DEAR Batton down the hatches.... we're going to be slim by Christmas :D

I hate this time of year for weight watching. I am in quite a motivated mood at the moment but I am really weak and have zero willpower and this is the time when tins of quality street and roses start coming into work, various work nights out involving 3 course meals and drink and a good few of my close friend's birthdays are around this time. It's going to be tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Great to see so many excellent losses here! I was down 2lbs this week, so I have lept with grace and dignity into the 11 stone section of the scales! I was really delighted with that loss - I sometimes worry when I've been really good that I won't lose anything - I feel like I've invested so much in it that I have a mild freakout!

Ccseli - I am actually going to have to work out a veggie version of that (maybe with Quorn chicken pieces) because it looks delish! What was the raw weight of the potato?

Flowerpower - for me I am treating it as 8 weeks, 8lbs. 11st 5lbs by Christmas (it is shocking how close it is!!). My second small goal then is not to put it all on again over Christmas!! I have always overindulged like noones business over the three days - pub and Chinese on Christmas Eve, eat all day long Christmas day and then big mad night out on Stephen's Night. And probably crap food the next day. I need to start planning now for these downfalls or I will be the size of a moderate cathedral by January.

Taz - but apple pie is so nice!! Sounds like you adjusted for it and did what you needed to get back on track. I can learn an awful lot from people like you - if I had done that, I would have been on the phone to Dominos within the day... Need to learn new ways to have a treat and not let it define me.

Cosmic - go you! Congrats - it must be amazing to be so close to goal.

Ck - totally agree, you have a very sensible attitude. I think that not every week is going to be perfect. The 'skinny people' (as I like to call them) have bad weeks as well but they don't let the bad weeks turn into bad years. They just get back on track. Here's to next week!

Dammitj - I haven't seen it yet? But I rather enjoy me a bit of Jamie so I will have to check it out!

I have decided to reward myself with a new dress from Debenhams on Christmas Eve if I am at 11'5 by then. They tend to put the sale items out on Christmas Eve and then I will have something amazing for Stephen's night! Trying to build in rewards to my weight loss.

dammitj wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has anyone been watching Jamie's 15 Minute Meals?

I have to say they all look yum and are low in calories, must have a go at propointing some of them!
    I've seen the book around, so must have a closer look. I might request it for Xmas!

Good thinking!

I've been drooling at some of the food so I'm looking forward to trying some of it out!

Would be nice to have something different to eat - I think I'm stuck in a bit of a rut!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Just checking in having been on for a couple of weeks, so last week on my 3rd wi I was up 1lbs I was totally gutted but my leader assured me it was because it was totm so I took it on board and today at my wi I was down 3lb was so happy, a half a lbs to go to my silver seven :). Was totally shocked with the 3lbs because had been at a friends for dinner fri night where quite a few drinks were consumed too:D but I really behaved the following day didnt do the usual tayto sandwich for breakfast and a kebab in the evening like I usually did with a hangover! Its great to know that you can still have some kind of a social life and loose weight at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Back on track today but finding temptation tough. I really want chocolate and not just a little but a lot. Gonna have an fudge options now and chill out now. Heading out for a girls night tomorrow and need all my weeklies for that and to make sure I stay on track the rest of the weekend! Gonna try do some exercise as well though I am terrible for that.

Looking forward to dressing up for halloween and not wearing something that is just an excuse to hide my body though - 2 years ago I went as a birthday present because i got to wear a giant box that covered every bump.This year I'm wearing a fitted dress, maybe even a corset and going as a marionette puppet!

Back on track today but finding temptation tough. I really want chocolate and not just a little but a lot. Gonna have an fudge options now and chill out now. Heading out for a girls night tomorrow and need all my weeklies for that and to make sure I stay on track the rest of the weekend! Gonna try do some exercise as well though I am terrible for that.

Looking forward to dressing up for halloween and not wearing something that is just an excuse to hide my body though - 2 years ago I went as a birthday present because i got to wear a giant box that covered every bump.This year I'm wearing a fitted dress, maybe even a corset and going as a marionette puppet!

Ha ha! I did something similar a few years ago when I wore a box as I went with my friend as a pair of dice!

My costume this year still covers some bumps though - it's just a Ghostbusters jumpsuit that I bought in the US a couple of years ago.

Maybe next year I'll wear something a bit more fitted :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hi gals,
    Happy Friday!!
    Down 1 & 1/2. CANNOT BELIEVE THIS. very happy and defo need to keep going. I'm down 6 pounds in 3 weeks, most I've lost consistently, I went back to WW 13 months ago haven't lost this much wait in as much time (if that makes sense)
    Jeans feel loser today and I'm feeling great!
    YAY!
    Enjoy the bank holiday everyone, I plan to get out in the fresh air and go for a few cycles.

Advertisement