Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Sitting in bed after having a cuppa and 2 Mars bars from the celebrations box for breakfast, so that's it Christmas is over, ignoring the two celebrations so counting this as my first day back on track, runners about to go on and the poor dog is about to go out for an hours walk with me. Hover around this thread a lot without posting but my new years resolution (starting on 28 Dec :P) will be to post more often.

Have a good one everybody,

T x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I've fallen off the wagon spectacularly in the past few weeks. I was 9st 10lbs (I think) so I'd say I'm definitely gone up over the 10st mark. I can feel it in my clothes. Need to get back walking. I bought new runners so that's a bit of motivation in itself.

I'm back to work tomorrow so I'll try to get back on track. I'm not sure if I can afford the tenner a week anymore. I might try for a few weeks myself and if it's a no go I'll just bite the bullet and head back to class.

Best of luck for 2015 everyone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

Christmas is so difficult, I've just done up some points for the last few days and my intake is horrifying-but the self pity of "everyone else is having it why can't I" overcame my will power. Never mind the fact I swore I'd do a few runs to make up for my overindulgence but no way did that happen!
    I had a massive Indian last night and while I thoroughly enjoyed there was no need!
    I've lost 6 lbs so far and really need to lose at least 8 lbs more. It's so hard to start but I reckon once we all get back into it it will become easier...best to just forget about Christmas now and look onwards!:)

I've asked this on Facebook already but I'm just curious, are there any of you that don't actually attend meetings or classes and have still lost weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I've asked this on Facebook already but I'm just curious, are there any of you that don't actually attend meetings or classes and have still lost weight.

Quite the opposite! I was about a stone from goal a year and a half ago when I stopped going to meetings, and now I'm three stone from goal...

• Advertisement

Yeah the overwhelming majority of replies on Facebook have been then same... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Do you ladies (and men) have any ideas for healthy & filling lunches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Do you ladies (and men) have any ideas for healthy & filling lunches?

This has been my problem the last few years and probably where I make the biggest mistakes. I am starting this Wednesday week so hope to get plenty of ideas when I start. Also wondering if there is a weightwatchers start from scratch recipe for hunters style chicken (using medallions instead of regular rashers)

In regard to your query I would assume that most if not all homemade soups (vegetale, chicken, tomato etc) would be free to low pp value and certainly welcome on days like today.

Yeah I had a recipe for a delicous spicy tomato soup before that I will definitely make again but fearful of getting bored if I have soup every day. Also don't relish the daily queue for the microwave, especially as I've only 25 minutes for lunch so hoping to eat something that doesn't involve heating much! (I ate cold baked beans before!!!)

Yeah I had a recipe for a delicous spicy tomato soup before that I will definitely make again but fearful of getting bored if I have soup every day. Also don't relish the daily queue for the microwave, especially as I've only 25 minutes for lunch so hoping to eat something that doesn't involve heating much! (I ate cold baked beans before!!!)

Ok I was speaking in terms of it now being winter and with the cold weather a bowl of soup sound lovely even to me sitting in a warm house this afternoon. Like I said above I am joining Wednesday week and hope to get plenty of ideas at the meetings. I can post them here if you wish when I get some ideas.

• Advertisement

Thank you very much. I did join WW years ago so probably just need to root out my stuff. Might have a few ideas then but not back until Thursday to get my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

When are the meetings back on? I've been a disaster since the start of December and I'm pretty sure I'll have a stone to lose on going back. I tried on my wedding dress last week and it's a little tight, if that's not motivation to get my arse in gear i don't know what is. I have till April so at least I've time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I went to my meeting last week and I lost a kilo! No idea how, to be honest.

I can't go this week, so next week will be my last week. I think I'll have gone up a tiny bit but it's grand, it's all balancing out, I feel like I'm very stable now. Nearly a gold member! :)

When are the meetings back on? I've been a disaster since the start of December and I'm pretty sure I'll have a stone to lose on going back. I tried on my wedding dress last week and it's a little tight, if that's not motivation to get my arse in gear i don't know what is. I have till April so at least I've time.

Week beginning Monday 5th Jan I believe. I am starting on the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Aaah it's raining :eek: And not the kink of rain that you could ignore and go out walking anyway. Looks like i'll have to stick on an auld Davina DVD :D

Hope everybody has a fab and lighter 2015.

Right. I've out on 5.5lbs in about 3 weeks. Gulp. Time to get back to basics.

Happy New Year everyone! Onwards and downwards :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Eep. I weighed on my own scales and I'm up 6 pounds since the week before Christmas. I'm hoping most of that is just bloating... Back on track today. I'd murder a burger though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Need to lose 22lb. Am I in the right place? :o

OldNotWIse wrote: »

I think so! I have 70lbs to lose. :eek::o

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Yes you are in the right place. I find out next Wednesday what I have to loose but I am expecting a figure in the region of 8-11 Stone!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

lycan238 wrote: »
    Yes you are in the right place. I find out next Wednesday what I have to loose but I am expecting a figure in the region of 8-11 Stone!!!

Nobody actually told me, it's the figure I would be happy with though. Feel like I am standing looking up a very steep hill :(

I started off with 63lbs to lose. I've got about 3st of that gone. You're in the right place!

SillyBeans wrote: »
    Eep. I weighed on my own scales and I'm up 6 pounds since the week before Christmas. I'm hoping most of that is just bloating... Back on track today. I'd murder a burger though...

(as it says it that song from the popular movie this Christmas) The past is in the past. Today is a new day. Draw a line under what has happened and start again from today. Best of luck.

Thanks lycan238 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

SillyBeans wrote: »
    Eep. I weighed on my own scales and I'm up 6 pounds since the week before Christmas.

My sis came back from her honeymoon and the scales told her she had gained a stone. But within a few days, that had dropped back to a five pound gain. I'm sure you haven't gained 6 pounds! :)

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    My sis came back from her honeymoon and the scales told her she had gained a stone. But within a few days, that had dropped back to a five pound gain. I'm sure you haven't gained 6 pounds! :)

With the amount of rubbish I ate, I'm surprised it's not more :p

I think it's my mother's Christmas goal to feed me as much as possible :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Hey all, I really need to get back on the wagon as soon as possible, I have really gone overboard and am up about 8 pounds:o I was sick over the christmas holls so not only did I eat everything that didn't move I also did no exercise. I think I need to post here more often and get back to my meetings asap! Good luck everyone, Onwards and Downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Just weighed in. Up 9 pounds. Yes 9! I can't believe it! I'm in shock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I rejoined today after a long absence. I'm 13st 3lbs and want to lose a grand total of 4stone. It's daunting but I know the plan works for me. It's going to be a bit of an adjustment after eating whenever and whatever I wanted over Christmas but I'm determined. I don't recognise the person i am anymore and I hate that feeling. I have a lot of support from family and friends so no excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I'm going to start Monday, i won't make class this week but if at least if i start I'll be on the right road. I've a feeling I've at least a stone if not more to go. I just feel bleugh right now, untoned and unfit, not fun.

We'll do it though, least there is a few of us heading down the right road.

Advertisement