Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

fyi all - operation transformation is starting this week on rte.
    there is to be a 5k run in february - 21st, I think or thereabouts. Thats what I'm going to use to get back on track as exercise has become zilch the last few months.

x best of luck and a happy new year to you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I was away for 10 days over Christmas and was fed very well. I did control it to some extent, and had a long walk or run (or both) every day to compensate. I weighed myself when I got back yesterday, I didn't put on anything. I'm happy because it means I can manage big food events without going off the rails. Last ever weigh in on Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Gained 6.5 pounds over two weeks. Whoooops! Back on track as of today. Had to change my weigh in day again, hopefully a weekend class will work out better for me. Does anyone know if I can book a holiday for one class, or do I have to pay for a missed class?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I got a weird 24 hour tummy bug and I've lost 3lbs since yesterday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Annnnnnddddd *drum roll* I am officially a gold member, yipee!

I'm so happy, I've lost 3 dress sizes, this time last year I would never have believed I'd do it!

Thanks so much for your support in here, it's been very helpful.

Now I'm off to delete my weight loss banner! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Congrats that's a fantastic achievement!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 11weeks

Fantastic - Congratulations!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I'm so happy, I've lost 3 dress sizes, this time last year I would never have believed I'd do it!

Congratulations Ivy that's brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Well done Ivy and congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Well done, congratulations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Well done Ivy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I weighed in at home, the first time I was back to my original weight, meaning I'd put on 5 lbs but then I weighed again a few mornings later and I was 2 lbs down. So don't know what to think. I could have gone to the meeting today but I was scared to see how much I'd put on. When's better to weigh yourself, in the morning or evening? Because tomorrow I'm going to weigh myself and use that as my starting weight again. I'm actually sick of eating crap food, but I feel like it's a necessity. . Hmm.. but I'm determined to get my relationship with food under control this year, once and for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

loubian wrote: »
    I weighed in at home, the first time I was back to my original weight, meaning I'd put on 5 lbs but then I weighed again a few mornings later and I was 2 lbs down. So don't know what to think. I could have gone to the meeting today but I was scared to see how much I'd put on. When's better to weigh yourself, in the morning or evening? Because tomorrow I'm going to weigh myself and use that as my starting weight again. I'm actually sick of eating crap food, but I feel like it's a necessity. . Hmm.. but I'm determined to get my relationship with food under control this year, once and for all.

Pick a morning and stick to it.
    Best is first thing after you've been to the toilet.
    Stop weighing yourself other days,you'll drive yourself nuts and its not accurate or beneficial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Morning time before eating anything.

I joined this morning and got my starting weight (was actually surprised could have been a lot worse). Now to get this excess 8 stone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

You'll be lightest in the morning but no matter what time you weigh just keep it consistent, I always go to class on Tuesday evenings but if I weigh in between I could 1-3 up or down and then be something different at my class then. Just stick with one weigh in day, time!

I'm being very good this week, my body is getting a shock with all this clean living. I was so used to eating at all different times that it's a bit of a transition but sure it's not too bad. Next week I'll not be as bad and same the week after. Looking forward to going back to class next week, I'm house hunting this week so no time to go unfortunately.

For the last two days I have been back on the plan, I have my weigh in tomorrow morning so hopefully I have limited some of the damage. Good luck everyone:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Zanablue wrote: »
    For the last two days I have been back on the plan, I have my weigh in tomorrow morning so hopefully I have limited some of the damage. Good luck everyone:)

Best of luck.

I'm focusing on filling and healthy, and walking this week, (despite the rain)!
    First WI on next Tuesday.

Hey all, I had my weigh in this morning and I am only up 3.5 pounds so am happy with that, could have been so much worse.. I am really going to work this week and hopefully I will get a loss next Thursday. Good luck everyone:)

Starving, starving, starving!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And already eaten my dinner! Gulping water now with a little miWadi! :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm in the middle of my first week and I feel tired and run down. Normally I have lots of energy. Is this normal? I'm not hungry, I've lots of fruit to snack on but its leaving me very unsatisfied. :( I'm hoping this is just temporary. I don't remember it being this hard before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Look at your trackers both of you. Are you eating enough protein. Are you eating enough carbs? Is there lots of veg?

Veg will fill you up while fruit is full of sugar. Are you eating filling and healthy foods instead of processed food. Is there alot of sugar from treats? Are you drinking a lot of caffeine? Caffeine increases digestion speed so your stomach is empty again faster. Are you wasting pp on oil butter mayo or sauces. If you're on simple start are your portions big enough?

Making a pot of 0pp soup is much more filling than eating fruit i find

keesa wrote: »
    Look at your trackers both of you. Are you eating enough protein. Are you eating enough carbs? Is there lots of veg?

Veg will fill you up while fruit is full of sugar. Are you eating filling and healthy foods instead of processed food. Is there alot of sugar from treats? Are you drinking a lot of caffeine? Caffeine increases digestion speed so your stomach is empty again faster. Are you wasting pp on oil butter mayo or sauces. If you're on simple start are your portions big enough?

I'm not eating any processed food at all and no treats. I use an online food tracker so I'm getting enough nutrients. One cup of coffee a day. I'm doing simple start and finding it hard. I'm doing a lot of exercise, 10k a day, so I might need to eat more but I'm not hungry so I don't know if it's just my body getting used to it. I prefer pro points. Did that before and felt amazing.

I ate an egg salad for lunch ( I had to eat it at 11.20 though) and had celery sticks, grapes and banana for 'lunch' at 12.30. Gobbled my chicken stirfry with pasta dinner down at 6.00. Just one of those 'hungry' days. (Blame time of the month or whatever). I've also drank a pint and half of water since coming home in case it was dehydration! I'm not following the WW programme so irrelevant for PP and the rest. Just trying to eat healthier.

I ate an egg salad for lunch ( I had to eat it at 11.20 though) and had celery sticks, grapes and banana for 'lunch' at 12.30. Gobbled my chicken stirfry with pasta dinner down at 6.00. Just one of those 'hungry' days. (Blame time of the month or whatever). I've also drank a pint and half of water since coming home in case it was dehydration! I'm not following the WW programme so irrelevant for PP and the rest. Just trying to eat healthier.

That's almost nothing! No wonder you're hungry!

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'm not eating any processed food at all and no treats. I use an online food tracker so I'm getting enough nutrients. One cup of coffee a day. I'm doing simple start and finding it hard. I'm doing a lot of exercise, 10k a day, so I might need to eat more but I'm not hungry so I don't know if it's just my body getting used to it. I prefer pro points. Did that before and felt amazing.

Maybe you're coming down with something? Maybe talk to your leader

Maybe you're coming down with something? Maybe talk to your leader

I'll be going on pro points this week so I'm hoping that makes a difference. I don't think simple start gives enough to cover a lot of exercise. I'm hoping this time next week I feel a bit more myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Everyone here in work is wrecked regardless of whether they are dieting or not, I think it's just one of those weeks. We're all tired from Christmas and going back to work (for those who are working) or even just getting back into a routine so it could be as simple as that. That's what I'm putting it down to anyway.

Pizza!!!! 3 pizzas brought into the kitchen in work just there to tempt us all, gah. I resisted though but it was hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I've been so hungry all week. I've a really bad cold and all I want to eat is really strong tasting (and greasy) rubbishy food. Feed me!!!

That's almost nothing! No wonder you're hungry!

It's lunch, snacks and dinner?! Why isn't it enough??? (I also had porridge with blueberries for breakfast!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

I'm back again. Up 21 pounds since my last weigh in! Really raring to go!! Have to say that I find the new simply start hard to get around! I'm thinking of just back to the pro points as with my lifestyle, its easier to plan around. What do you think? I want to do things properly this time so am willing to do things slowly....

Advertisement