Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Hi everyone! Just joined this forum as I started weight watchers 3 wks ago, am down 6lbs to date and was feeling a bit sluggish and felt like pigging out but thankfully came across this forum! From reading these posts I think I'm ready to tackle the wkend and hopefully not go too wrong with my propoints at the same time!! Really want to get my first ever silver 7 next wk!!! Thanks for keeping me motivated! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Everyone is doing so well congrats I have good news and bad news after not seeing results on the scales for a few weeks I was down 4 lbs yesterday which was just brilliant. That got me to one below the goal originally set by WW but after a discussion with my leader I decided to go 5 lbs more this would give me a bmi of 23 which would b great that's the good news. Bad news I haven't stopped eating since God damn fun size bars and crisps I can't stop have a sick little girl at home so I didn't get much sleep so everytime I passed food today I ate it what am I like hoping I get some more sleep tonight and if so I'm planning to go for a run in the morning and try not ruin the entire weekend. Sorry for long rant had to get all that out best of luck to u all for the weekend enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I haven't been able to post much this week as I've been very busy in work. My week was a bit mixed of good days and bad but a sneak peak at scales say there's been no damage yet so hopefully I won't go too bad on the alcohol tonight ;) I'm working in town now so I find that I'm doing a lot more walking which is definitely helping. Hopefully if I get some exercise today and tomorrow I can rack up a loss on Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

bb86 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Just joined this forum as I started weight watchers 3 wks ago, am down 6lbs to date and was feeling a bit sluggish and felt like pigging out but thankfully came across this forum! From reading these posts I think I'm ready to tackle the wkend and hopefully not go too wrong with my propoints at the same time!! Really want to get my first ever silver 7 next wk!!! Thanks for keeping me motivated! :):):)

Welcome! Well done on your loss so far that's a great number. If you keep doing what you're doing you definitely will get that silver 7 this week or next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Ok everyone! In a dilemma... My plan to give my OH my one for all voucher didn't go to plan... He forgot to take it, and I found myself at lunchtime back in topshop oogling the lovely new coat I want! And after about a half hour in the changing room, trying to decide what size to get, I came away with it in a size 12... I haven't bought a 12 in YEARS! In fact, I had an interview last jan, and couldn't fit into a size 20 suit jacket!! Eeek! I'm afraid that I got distracted by the label though, and that the coat might actually be a bit too snug... If I had a bulky jumper under it, I'd struggle. So I'm going to go home and try it on, and see how it feels with a selection of things underneath it.
    I was going to just buy the 14, and have it fitting just right for now, but I feel that if its a little bit tight it might give me a push on! Or maybe I should go and get my money back and make do with my old coat for now!
    I know it's only a coat, not a house that I'm buying. It was quite expensive though, so I'd like it to last. I don't want to keep the 12, and be saying next year that I wished I'd bought it bigger. Equally, I don't want to change it and have a coat that's way too big this time next year and never get to wear it! Life is easier if one just stays away from topshop! I'd never do this much worrying about a cheapie coat from penneys!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Happy Sunday everyone, did you know that a pumpkin spiced latte from Starbucks is 8 propoints? I've just blogged a post for a pumpkin spiced latte recipe and it's gorgeous. www.theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.com I hope you all enjoyed your extra hour in bed :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Congrats to everyone who is doing so well this week - great to hear about all the progress.

I am having a nightmare weekend. Nightmare! Drinking too much alcohol and eating all round me, and no exercise and awfulness. Back to being good today but I have the worst guilt ever! Just so disappointed in myself and very very worried about how it will impact on the scales on Wednesday. :-( :-(

Congrats to everyone who is doing so well this week - great to hear about all the progress.

I am having a nightmare weekend. Nightmare! Drinking too much alcohol and eating all round me, and no exercise and awfulness. Back to being good today but I have the worst guilt ever! Just so disappointed in myself and very very worried about how it will impact on the scales on Wednesday. :-( :-(

Just start afresh and forget about it. You have to live, the most important thing is not letting a weekend of "awfulness" turn into a week and then a month of it!

Just got a smoothie from jump. Picked up a nutritional info leaflet on my way out...8 pp it worked out at!! Eeek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Uh I'm so annoyed with myself first week lost 3lbs then had to go christening and was planning on being good but instead I went drinking then on week long session of eating utter crap :-( bought loads of veg so going to cook loads of soup 2mo.

On a good note joined crunch westmanstown gym so planning to go 3/4 times a week and hopefully that will really help. Didn't even weight myself this week I will 2mo morning and start fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

I have had an absolutely disastrous week!! I graduated from college on Thursday, which of course led to a beautiful (but no way WeightWatchers friendly) meal. I knew loads of people graduating all week so I've been out a lot. I knew this was gonna be a bad week though so, and this was a big achievement for me so I won't feel guilty about it! Dreading the WI on Tuesday but I'm getting back on the wagon tomorrow and hopefully it will show on the scales next week :)

ck83 wrote: »
    Just got a smoothie from jump. Picked up a nutritional info leaflet on my way out...8 pp it worked out at!! Eeek!

You have to be so careful with things that seem low in points e.g. smoothies, salads and wheat products. However they can be healthier for you just higher in points. Its a bit of a catch 22 situation.
    Regarding your coat situation. I had a similar situation where I bought a coat that fitted my perfectly sleeveless however it meant I couldn't wear my suit jacket under it. It was expensive as well. I ended up bringing it back. I was gutted because it was a gorgeous coat however there was no point keeping it as I need a coat now and the next size up would be too big on my body (it was the sleeves that were the problem :() I think maybe bring it back and stick with your original plan. There'll be loads of nice stuff in the shops in November in the run up to Christmas.

To those having bad weeks/weekend, strike a line through it and move on. It'll do you no good thinking about it. Do out a plan for the week and stick to it. One day will only do some damage whereas a week will do a lot of damage!

• Advertisement

Eabhabear wrote: »

You have to be so careful with things that seem low in points e.g. smoothies, salads and wheat products. However they can be healthier for you just higher in points. Its a bit of a catch 22 situation.
    Regarding your coat situation. I had a similar situation where I bought a coat that fitted my perfectly sleeveless however it meant I couldn't wear my suit jacket under it. It was expensive as well. I ended up bringing it back. I was gutted because it was a gorgeous coat however there was no point keeping it as I need a coat now and the next size up would be too big on my body (it was the sleeves that were the problem :() I think maybe bring it back and stick with your original plan. There'll be loads of nice stuff in the shops in November in the run up to Christmas.

To those having bad weeks/weekend, strike a line through it and move on. It'll do you no good thinking about it. Do out a plan for the week and stick to it. One day will only do some damage whereas a week will do a lot of damage!

I was thinking about the smoothie afterwards. It wouldn't actually be 8 pp. the nutritional info is based on the carbs/protein etc of all the ingredients... Fruit juice, low fat frozen yoghurt, and fruit. A lot of the carbs would come from the fruit, but there's actually 0pp in that. There'd probably be a max of 5 pp in the smoothie altogether.
    I was delighted with that development!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Praying for a STS this week, although very unlikely, just devoured a bar of chocolate a while ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Had another bad weekend. i dunno what is wrong with me. I have just been so hungry. Wasnt as bad as last week -think I might be just within my weeklies but its gonna be a nervous WI tomorrow!!

Haven't been posting many recipes of late so got the ball rolling with my chicken goujon recipe - super easy to make and really hits the spot
    http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/10/chicken-goujons.html

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Am down 1/2 a lb this week which is a bloody miracle!
    I had a scoop full of wine on Friday night, was out for dinner and drinks on saturday and was in my mums house all weekend where there is loads of temptation and "Full Fat Milk"!!!!!

back on track now for next week....God bank holidays are tough!!!!

Hello Everyone, I hope you all had a great bank holiday. Ive just blogged a new post on best value store bought treats that wont haunt you this Halloween on http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/10/weightwatchers-friendly-halloween-treats.html

I hope you all have a spooktacular Halloween

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Well goodbye and good luck to the bank holiday!! I am very very glad to be back into a normal routine. I had a good day yesterday, today has started well and I mean to continue you. Before I started back to WW this time, I would have gone from the weekend I just had to a week of stacks of white toast and real butter every day (why continue diet when I have made a mess of it)...

So fingers crossed that between yesterday, today and tomorrow I can mitigate some of the damage and get a sts tomorrow evening.

I am veggie and as such don't each jelly sweets, so I bought bags of them for halloween tomorrow so I don't go near them! And a pumpkin that I am going to turn into soup!

Does anyone know how many PP are in Crackerbread?
    I worked it out for 1, and it said 0pp ( on my App), but i assume 2 or 3 are worth some pp????

I STS this week. I was relieved and disappointed at the same time. I was ok last week but I wasn't perfect. I'm already feeling good about next weeks WI. Halloween tomorrow so I've decided to plan my meals and then leave the rest of my points for chocolate. Its the best solution as I know I'll be picking even if I say I won't.

Just out of curiosity do people point all their alcohol? I try my best to leave a few points for drinks and to stick to those but it never works. I never know how much I drink after a night out. Its not even that I'm drinking loads its just that I don't remember the next day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ceoil_Cailin

Hi all

Joined weight watchers again four weeks ago. Was previously a member and have lost 3 stone to date.
    Finding it very difficult to lose last little bit so joined again.
    So far have lost 7.5 lbs. But weigh in today I put on 1.5lbs ;( damn bank holiday weekend.
    Now im Currently weighing at 10;3.5.
    Target weight is 9;9.
    Can i get there in 5 weeks ??
    Need motivation !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

Hi Ceoilcailin, well done on losing 3 stone, thats some achievement, I am exactly the same weight as you and have the same target, which I was at this time last year, I am a gold card member but have lost all motivation so I will keep a close eye on your progress for the next 5 weeks. I believe its very achievable once in the right frame of mind. Plenty of vegetable soup, porridge for breakfast and write everything down. When I stopped keeping my food diary, I got very sloppy and weight crept up. I know its not much weight but a half a stone can make a huge difference in how we feel about ourselves. I'm just in from having dinner out and here eating ryvita and full fat butter, not hungry just laxadaisy... Please keep posting to keep us motivated for next 5 weeks..Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity do people point all their alcohol? I try my best to leave a few points for drinks and to stick to those but it never works. I never know how much I drink after a night out. Its not even that I'm drinking loads its just that I don't remember the next day :rolleyes:

I always pp all of my alcohol. When I'm going out for a night out, I'll leave a note pad on the hall table. Then when I come in, on my way up to bed, I scribble down how many drinks I've had and what they were. It takes less than a minute so it's not awkward or anything. Then the next morning I tot up the pps and stick it all in my tracker. Nice and easy!

Can someone help me with something? I can't make my WI in tonight so I'm going to a different one this afternoon. I usually WI at 6pm and the class I'm going to instead is 4.15pm. Will there be much of a difference in my weight in those time differences? I'm going to eat my lunch slightly earlier than I usually would to try to balance it out. I don't want an inaccurate reading though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Hello all,

Haven't been on here in over a year as took some time out when I started back at college in the evenings and wanted to concentrate on that for a bit. Anyway, I figure this year I can balance both and joined up to the online version as I'm always online anyway. Last night I made the Hairy Dieter's Skinny Beef Lasagne for 7pp a portion. It was absolutely delicious and super filling. Have another portion in reserve for this evening as I don't get home from college until half ten. Canny wait. In the last year I managed to keep off the stone I lost only putting on 7lbs when I went on holiday for 3 weeks last month but that all came off in the past 2 weeks on WW. This time I am determined to lose the weight once and for all and get down to my initial goal so here's to us all succeeding. 29lbs to go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

cosmic wrote: »
    I usually WI at 6pm and the class I'm going to instead is 4.15pm. Will there be much of a difference in my weight in those time differences?

cosmic, please don't take this the wrong way, but that is fixating on the scales to a scary degree. It's not healthy. There will be negligible difference between the two times. Sorry if this is harsh. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

cosmic, please don't take this the wrong way, but that is fixating on the scales to a scary degree. It's not healthy. There will be negligible difference between the two times. Sorry if this is harsh. :o

I am not taking your comment the wrong way but you are completely wrong about me. As a new poster to this forum you have no idea of my journey so far, or my attitude to WW. If you knew me as a poster, like many other long time users of this forum do, you will know that, to date, I have lost 88lbs with WW, in the most healthy way. I am now 2.5lbs away from my goal weight so I am conscious of obtaining an accurate reading so that I can soon stop losing and begin maintaining my current, healthy weight.

Perhaps you might read through this thread, and the previous two WW threads, before commenting on the attitudes of long standing users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

I am not taking your comment the wrong way but you are completely wrong about me. As a new poster to this forum you have no idea of my journey so far, or my attitude to WW. If you knew me as a poster, like many other long time users of this forum do, you will know that, to date, I have lost 88lbs with WW, in the most healthy way. I am now 2.5lbs away from my goal weight so I am conscious of obtaining an accurate reading so that I can soon stop losing and begin maintaining my current, healthy weight.

Perhaps you might read through this thread, and the previous two WW threads, before commenting on the attitudes of long standing users.

If you've been doing it a long time (and searching back I know you have), you'd know that those few hours will make little difference, especially as there are many variables every day that can slightly throw off a reading.

I might be a new user, and I've never used WW but I HAVE lost a good bit of weight in the past and know that it's all about an overall downward trend not the slight difference there might be in a two hour gap.

Here's what I don't understand. You're are worried you'll get a different reading at the earlier time. But whatever your reading might have been at the later time is still what it's going to be, whether it's officially recorded or not.

Fretting about it is a bit obsessive, IMO. I don't think I need to read the whole thread to pick up on that, and if you think my mind might be changed by reading the thread, what on earth does that say about this thread or WW in general? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I got the biggest shock of my WW journey on the scales last night.... I was most definately expecting a gain and had planned for one, after being away and eating and drinking everything around me for 3 full days, but not the gain I got... I've never heard of anyone get such a big gain in such a short period of time (I've gone way above goal :(), I'm wondering if any of it is to do with other factors, like the complete lack of water I drank over the weekend,or rejoining the gym last week... SUCH a set back, getting pretty tired of it at this stage...... :(

Taz1 wrote: »
    I got the biggest shock of my WW journey on the scales last night.... I was most definately expecting a gain and had planned for one, after being away and eating and drinking everything around me for 3 full days, but not the gain I got... I've never heard of anyone get such a big gain in such a short period of time (I've gone way above goal :(), I'm wondering if any of it is to do with other factors, like the complete lack of water I drank over the weekend,or rejoining the gym last week... SUCH a set back, getting pretty tired of it at this stage...... :(

I think i recall a couple of weeks back that something similar happened to you when you were on antibiotics?? Is that right?
    But I also recall you lost a good bit of that again over the next week or two. So don't worry, maybe your body just reacts differently to changes in diet, if you return to original program then next week should see you return to normal.

In addition to the post on www.theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.com for propointed Halloween treats Mr. Kipling Fiendish Fancies are 3 propoints.happy Halloween

I always pp all of my alcohol. When I'm going out for a night out, I'll leave a note pad on the hall table. Then when I come in, on my way up to bed, I scribble down how many drinks I've had and what they were. It takes less than a minute so it's not awkward or anything. Then the next morning I tot up the pps and stick it all in my tracker. Nice and easy!

Can someone help me with something? I can't make my WI in tonight so I'm going to a different one this afternoon. I usually WI at 6pm and the class I'm going to instead is 4.15pm. Will there be much of a difference in my weight in those time differences? I'm going to eat my lunch slightly earlier than I usually would to try to balance it out. I don't want an inaccurate reading though!

That's like me my class is at 6 and I usually have my lunch at 12 I'd say u should be fine as long as u space ur lunch out. At this close to goal every ounce matters. Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Lormuz wrote: »
    I think i recall a couple of weeks back that something similar happened to you when you were on antibiotics?? Is that right?
    But I also recall you lost a good bit of that again over the next week or two. So don't worry, maybe your body just reacts differently to changes in diet, if you return to original program then next week should see you return to normal.

Yeah I put on a big gain about 7 weeks ago with being on hosp/antibiotics, but managed to lose that weight slowly the following weeks by being extra strict.. Nothing has really changed, i mean I've gone on a binge like that before on a 2 week holiday over the summer and didn't even put as much on as I did over the weekend just gone... The only thing that has changed in the past week is that I've started going to the gym again instead of a daily walk, but I can't see that making much of a difference as that was what I was doing to lose the weight earlier in the year... I dunno, there's just too many variables, wish I had a definate reason.... Ya think you've finally gotten there, but no.... Yet another setback! Thanks for the encouraging words though, I'm trying my best to be good this week as pointless as it seems....

Advertisement