Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Hey everyone,

I am writing here for some badly needed motivation.

Basically I joined WW 4 years ago, got to goal and stayed at goal for nearly two years.

I started putting on weight but got back to goal last summer.

Then I started a new job which had longer hours and I got out of my routine. I am back to normal hours now but am 2 stone heavier than I was this time last year.

I am so upset at how I let this happen. I am heavier than I ever have been and am really struggling.

I have been starting and stopping WW the last few weeks, never being able to get back into it!

This seems to be a great support network :)

Hi Corkgirl,

Welcome to the thread and hopefully we can give you some of the support you need:)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Joolsie

Zanablue wrote: »
    Hi Corkgirl,

Welcome to the thread and hopefully we can give you some of the support you need:)
    Hey everyone,

I am writing here for some badly needed motivation.

Basically I joined WW 4 years ago, got to goal and stayed at goal for nearly two years.

I started putting on weight but got back to goal last summer.

Then I started a new job which had longer hours and I got out of my routine. I am back to normal hours now but am 2 stone heavier than I was this time last year.

I am so upset at how I let this happen. I am heavier than I ever have been and am really struggling.

I have been starting and stopping WW the last few weeks, never being able to get back into it!

This seems to be a great support network :)

Hi Corkgirl,

You've taken the first step and gone back to WW, now you just have to stick with it. You've done it before so with a little bit of self belief and support from this board, you'll be back on the road to success in no time. One pound at a time.

Hi Joolsie, Welcome:) and good luck with the weigh in tonight.

7.5 pounds down. Delighted but I know not to expect that every week.

<<4 stone to go>>

Joolsie wrote: »
    7.5 pounds down. Delighted but I know not to expect that every week.

<<4 stone to go>>

Well done:) That's brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 corkgirl111

Well done Joolsie, thats amazing!

Was tempted to not go to meeting this evening cause was sure I hadnt lost anything but I went and had lost 2 pounds. Just shows how important it is to go to the meetings! Delighted, the loss should hopefully motivate me to stick to the plan this week! Id love to try the filling and healthy plan as ive heard its great for weight loss but just with weekend plans I need the points!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Up half a pound today. Was expecting way more!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

Hi guys, does anyone have good filling and healthy breakfast and lunch ideas? I don't have a microwave at work so I can't reheat anything

I'm stalling and I need some new ideas

Well done Joolsie, thats amazing!

Was tempted to not go to meeting this evening cause was sure I hadnt lost anything but I went and had lost 2 pounds. Just shows how important it is to go to the meetings! Delighted, the loss should hopefully motivate me to stick to the plan this week! Id love to try the filling and healthy plan as ive heard its great for weight loss but just with weekend plans I need the points!

Thanks all, it's probably all water though :):)

Had a bad day yesterday, back on track day....... I THINK!!!

Well done on the 2 pound loss Corkgirl.

Hi everyone and well done on all the great losses:) I went to my weigh in yesterday and I stayed the same, I was a bit disappointed but once it goes down or stays the same its good. Hopefully I will have a loss next week.

Onwards and Downwards:)

Zanablue if you had a good week keep going and it might show next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Elliottsmum79

Hi everyone and well done on all the great losses:) I went to my weigh in yesterday and I stayed the same, I was a bit disappointed but once it goes down or stays the same its good. Hopefully I will have a loss next week.

Onwards and Downwards:)

I know itd disheartening to have a static week but you're right to focus on next week and holding your own isnt the worst result ever :) Good luck this week........

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Back again after a 2 week break for exams! Went straight to my meeting yesterday after the exam and was up 3lbs. Will take it though so going to try my best to get back on track this week to get rid of some of the gain! Onwards & downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

So I went back after 8 weeks off (wedding and honeymoon in the middle) and I'm 6.5 pounds up so 7 pounds off goal. Not too disgusted with myself but it's the kick up the arse I needed. Back at it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jack.ryan

Well, time for an update, I went on holidays at the start of May and put on 11.5Lbs (but it was worth it).

I'm back 2 weeks and down 5.5Lbs of that weight and still down 25Lbs for the year over all.

Getting there slowly

I forgot to post this week.

I was at Slane last Saturday, got soaked, ate chips while I was there, and when I got home. We had a great day but by the time we got home we were so hungry and cold and wet!

Then on Monday I did the mini marathon and beat my 2013 time by 13 minutes. My time this year was 1hr 27mins meaning I think I might be able to enter as a jogger next year. Went to McDonald's on the way home and got a grilled chicken wrap with a medium portion of chips. When we arrived home we all went for a few drinks together.

I was full sure I'd have gained but I was down 2.5lbs! Maybe things balance out because I'd gained 2lbs in total and I was disappointed. And I did stay within my points on the other days.

Trying really hard this week. I said I'd have Chinese for dinner when I got back to 9st 7, 1.5lbs to go! 15.5lbs to goal now. :)

Well done on the run, just to point out to you that muscle weights more than fat, so while looking at your weight is good, its not the only guide, with your increased fitness, perhaps its muscle that increased your weight, are your clothes any looser? I've gone down 2 trouser sizes and I'm happier about that than I am about the actual weight.

jack.ryan wrote:
    Well done on the run, just to point out to you that muscle weights more than fat, so while looking at your weight is good, its not the only guide, with your increased fitness, perhaps its muscle that increased your weight, are your clothes any looser? I've gone down 2 trouser sizes and I'm happier about that than I am about the actual weight.
    I walked fast more than jogged but thanks! I knew I could be putting on muscle tbh as I have been losing inches but no change on the scales. My clothes are definitely getting loose. :)

I walked fast more than jogged but thanks! I knew I could be putting on muscle tbh as I have been losing inches but no change on the scales. My clothes are definitely getting loose. :)

Balance the fit of the clothes with the weight, ideally if you could get a body fat calculation, I used to get them every time I was reassessed back when I was in a gym, it used to be great seeing that % drop every time, while my weight also dropped, calculating how much fat I was losing at the time was great.

If anyone knew of a cheap enough instrument that could calculate body fat, I'd be interested in buying one.

That would be great. I'd definitely be interested in that.

Overall I'm happy with my progress though. Started off trying to lose weight but now I'm trying to be healthier in general.

That would be great. I'd definitely be interested in that.

Overall I'm happy with my progress though. Started off trying to lose weight but now I'm trying to be healthier in general.

That is the way to think, while still having a life, that's why I'm not down about the holiday weight I added, I enjoyed getting every single one of those Lbs's, even if it takes twice as long to lose them as it took to get them.

• Advertisement

Exactly. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, and you have to have a life. Which is why I no longer feel bad if I do have a little treat here and there. :)

Exactly. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, and you have to have a life. Which is why I no longer feel bad if I do have a little treat here and there. :)

Hi Purple Pawprints, Well done on both the marathon and the weight loss. Glad you got your mojo back:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hi Purple Pawprints, Well done on both the marathon and the weight loss. Glad you got your mojo back:)

+1, well done!
    My mojo is gone AWOL in the last week. Heading to meeting tomorrow, will accept the bad news, and get things rolling again from there hopefully.

Best of luck everyone!

Thanks everyone. Weigh in tomorrow :)

*nerves kicking in*

Thanks everyone. Weigh in tomorrow :)

*nerves kicking in*

Good luck with the weigh in:)

1lb up. Had a decent week so I think last weekend must have caught up with me. :o

1lb up. Had a decent week so I think last weekend must have caught up with me. :o

Don't be disappointed you will get that off in no time.

I'm determined to have another good week this week and lose that 1lb at least :)

I am determined too! So good luck to both of us:)

• Advertisement

Here's to a good week Zanablue! :)

Advertisement