Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

Hi everyone :) I'm new to this thread, had my weigh in yesterday and lost 1.5lbs :) well done everyone else so far, we can all reach our goal weights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I was down 2 pounds yesterday so delighted with that. Within 5 of my goal again so free, wohoo :) I've a big weekend coming up so must plan out my eating. Luckily it wouldn't look too weird bringing my own food with me so I might try and be super organised and do that. We'll see, we all know these things don't always pan out :rolleyes:

Well done everyone with the weight loses.

What's everyone's favourite low point snack that they've discovered? :) I like meringues for 1 pp eaten with zero point fruits yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Joolsie

I'm not much of a meringue fan, I snack on fruit now (tinned and fresh) and would never have done that before or Tesco Milk Chocolate Wafers (2pp) and a cup of tea... yummy and cheap :):) Also Alpin light Bars - one is 2pp and two are 3pp, Kelloggs squares Caramel and Chocolate (4pp).

I've yet to try a recipe I saw on Facebook for porridge scones which are free on Filling and Healthy, 1 tub (500g) 0% natural yoghurt, 2 tubs of porridge oats, , half tsp baking powder, half tsp bread soda, 1 egg, 1 medium banana - mashed, blueberries and raspberries, fresh or frozen. - about 2 tbsp of each.
    Mix everything in a bowl and use an ice-cream scoop to divide the mixture into a muffin tray. Should get 14 scones. Bake for 30mins at 180 degrees. They'll be lovely with the 0pp jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Joolsie

Has anyone else seen their energy level drop in the 3rd/4th week, I'm exhausted the last two days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hope everyone is having a good week. Well, as I mentioned in my post last week, my mojo went AWOL for a while. Still doing okayish, but just not as motivated.

Bit the bullet last week, and went to class, despite being a bit tempted not to, because I knew I had a gain.
    2 lbs up, I was so glad I went, I came out of there determined to get the scales going in the right direction. One of those rogue pounds gone at WI, this week, phew! Think I am back in the 'zone' again.

It wasn't my usual class, but the leader was lovely too. Said to me, pointing at my gold card 'you know you can do it'. I said 'yes, I know how to do it, and I know I can do it'.

Anyway, just to say, we have all heard it, said it, written it, I'm sure, but if you are tempted not to go to class, knowing it won't be good news, just go. Don't fool yourself that 'by next week, I will have lost that, and I will go then'. (Voice of experience here, believe me) ;).
    Get the 'bad news' over and done with.
    It's good to start afresh and that's the good thing about the weekly WI, in my opinion.

All the best everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Hope everyone is having a good week. Well, as I mentioned in my post last week, my mojo went AWOL for a while. Still doing okayish, but just not as motivated.

Bit the bullet last week, and went to class, despite being a bit tempted not to, because I knew I had a gain.
    2 lbs up, I was so glad I went, I came out of there determined to get the scales going in the right direction. One of those rogue pounds gone at WI, this week, phew! Think I am back in the 'zone' again.

It wasn't my usual class, but the leader was lovely too. Said to me, pointing at my gold card 'you know you can do it'. I said 'yes, I know how to do it, and I know I can do it'.

Anyway, just to say, we have all heard it, said it, written it, I'm sure, but if you are tempted not to go to class, knowing it won't be good news, just go. Don't fool yourself that 'by next week, I will have lost that, and I will go then'. (Voice of experience here, believe me) ;).
    Get the 'bad news' over and done with.
    It's good to start afresh and that's the good thing about the weekly WI, in my opinion.

All the best everyone!

Well done! Glad you got your mojo back:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lost the 1lb I gained last week, back on track!

Have a good week everyone!

Zanablue wrote: »
    Well done! Glad you got your mojo back:)

Thanks a million. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jack.ryan

oops, went into McDonalds for a treat, had a big tasty with cheese.

Researched it after, 24 Pro points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, nearly twice a big mac, be careful people

That means that failing my NCT is still the highpoint of my day.

• Advertisement

Down 1.75lbs this week :) bringing me to a total of 29lbs finally at the 2 stone loss mark, hope the next 2 stone come off quickly :)

Down 1.75lbs this week :) bringing me to a total of 29lbs finally at the 2 stone loss mark, hope the next 2 stone come off quickly :)

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

So I haven't been to class in about 2 weeks - had exams and now have a wedding coming up where I'm bridesmaid. I can't lose weight as the dress was altered but keeping tabs at home on the scales and staying around the same, so happy with that. Will be back to class in less than 2 weeks so will re-commence my weightloss journey again. Everyone is doing great here - keep up the brilliant work :)

Hey all, Its great to see that everyone seems to be doing so well. I didn't make my meeting today but I stayed the same on my scale so that's ok. I have upped the exercise and I am running again so hopefully that will help too.

Anyway have a great weekend everyone.

Onwards and Downwards:)

Went to my meeting last night, expected to be told that I was up 2, surprisingly I'm down 2, I love those meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cinnabon

Hi All, I'm a newbie to this thread and back doing weight watchers after 2 years. I'm really struggling this time, can't get motivated. Help!

cinnabon wrote: »
    Hi All, I'm a newbie to this thread and back doing weight watchers after 2 years. I'm really struggling this time, can't get motivated. Help!

Hi cinnabon, Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey! You will get plenty of support here:). Just keep trying and break everything into small goals and eventually it will click.

I was a bold boy over the weekend, can anybody tell me the propoint values for the following all chipper portions

Smoked Cod
    Half pounder with Bacon and cheese
    Portion of chips

cinnabon wrote: »

Welcome aboard, cinnabon, and best of luck.
    Zanablue wrote: »
    Hi cinnabon, Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey! You will get plenty of support here:). Just keep trying and break everything into small goals and eventually it will click.

+1.
    Definitely you will get plenty of support here.
    I know what you mean about getting the motivation going. I was the same when I rejoined, but once you start to see the weight dropping, that does act as a motivator, in my opinion. As Zana has said, break down your goals, and be realistic about them.

This thread is great, whether you are having a good or a bad week, so please keep posting. I also enjoy listening to what others in the meeting say. Often, something can just hit the spot, and help you along.
    When I rejoined last year, another member described it as something she was doing for herself, for the first time, in a long time. She was about to hit a milestone birthday, and had just got into the habit, over the years, of putting others first. So this was just for her.
    I have no idea why, but that was something that resonated with me.

It might also help to think back about what worked for you, last time around. As a leader recently said to me, 'you know you can do this', and I do.
    You know you can do it, you know how to do it. All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I've been doing weightwatchers at home and the biggest annoyance is my scale. I'm not sure how accurate it is as my weight can fluctuate by about 5 pounds overnight which seems excessive. Anybody recommend a decent scales that tends to match the weight at weigh in?

Also, I've been eating a lot of frozen fruit in smoothies (not juices). Are they still zero PP? I read somewhere that it counts as points if you blend them but maybe that's only if you juice them and don't eat the pulp which contains most of the fibre?

• Advertisement

SillyBeans wrote: »
    I've been doing weightwatchers at home and the biggest annoyance is my scale. I'm not sure how accurate it is as my weight can fluctuate by about 5 pounds overnight which seems excessive. Anybody recommend a decent scales that tends to match the weight at weigh in?

Also, I've been eating a lot of frozen fruit in smoothies (not juices). Are they still zero PP? I read somewhere that it counts as points if you blend them but maybe that's only if you juice them and don't eat the pulp which contains most of the fibre?

I have a Weightwatchers scales, and find it accurate. I usually do a sneak preview before class, and find it matches with official WI.

I don't know the answer re the frozen fruit blended, if you drop a mail to WW, they usually respond very quickly.

Best of luck, hope it's going well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

Have people here had much success with filling and healthy only? I did propoints in the past and lost weight but the constant weighing etc caused me to give it up, I eat a lot of filling and healthy foods as it is so Im wondering if it really works?

Have people here had much success with filling and healthy only? I did propoints in the past and lost weight but the constant weighing etc caused me to give it up, I eat a lot of filling and healthy foods as it is so Im wondering if it really works?

I did it for a while and lost weight on it but to some extent you do still need to watch your portion sizes. The foods on the F&H list are filling (as the name suggests) but you can still overdo it. You wouldn't need to weigh things exactly but you couldn't have massive portions of all the foods and still lose as they still have calories in them. Same as if you ate a crazy amount of 0PP foods. I returned to pointing as I found that my portion sizes were starting to increase and my weight was starting to go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I rejoined at the start of the month, I'm doing filling and healthy and after my first week I was down 6lbs. My second week I was on holiday so ended up putting back up 2. But on my third week I stuck to just filling and healthy and spent as little pp as possible and I ended up loosing 7lbs! I have a lot of weight I want to loose so I'm not expecting results like that every week though it's a great start and really boosted my confidence.

So for me filliing and healthy is really working out. It does help to watch your portion sizes, eat slowly and stop when you are feeling full. Or if you still feel hungry after eating wait 20 minutes, as often your stomach just needs time to catch up with your brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

First time ever at weight watchers today, weighed in at 11stone 10 and my goal is to loose at least a stone and hopefully a small bit more before my graduation at the end of november. At the moment i'm a size 12 and sometimes 14 and my main goal is to look well in a size 10 dress on the 30/10/15 :

starting off with the new filling and healthy plan and at first glance it doesnt look to limiting. my thoughts atm are 7am: smoothie 10am: egg and one of the breads off the list 14.00 dinner 18.00 fruit and maybe a salad after work at 20.30.

i know its only meant to be three meals a day but because i'm working over 12hr shifts i've decided to split up breakfast and tea into two seperate meals. hope this is ok to do? maybe someone on her can advise me?

i'm quiet a healthy and active person so i hope a bit of guidance on the food front, cutting out sugar and bad fats and a little bit of motivation from class leader will help me reach my goals :) thanks

Hi everyone :) well done on all your losses so far :) could do with some advice please :) the last 2 weigh Ins I've stayed the same :( has anyone encountered this in their journey? I've followed plan and have a Fitbit so exercise is 10,000 steps minimum a day. What do ye think/do when any of ye have reached a standstill? Should I up my exercise? :)

Thanks everyone :)

Hi everyone :) well done on all your losses so far :) could do with some advice please :) the last 2 weigh Ins I've stayed the same :( has anyone encountered this in their journey? I've followed plan and have a Fitbit so exercise is 10,000 steps minimum a day. What do ye think/do when any of ye have reached a standstill? Should I up my exercise? :)

Thanks everyone :)

If I stay the same I always check to see if I've really gone to town on some 0 PP foods (especially bananas!). My group leader told me that she sometimes needs to cut back on free foods (or use less of her weeklies) if she stayed the same. That said it could be just a bit of bloating if you've been eating salty foods or something like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Have stopped going to the meetings personally but I am still loosing inches here and there but not pounds on the scales. Was with my doctor today and he thought I had lost a lot more than the 10 pounds I have lost since joining WW. I still follow the plan and weigh in every Wednesday morning before breakfast even though I am not officially attending meetings.

I don't go to meetings any more either. I use Value Diary. It's an app and it's about €2 I think. It's a once off payment instead of paying monthly for the official app. I didn't like meetings because it felt very repetitive and like I was being spoken to like an idiot! Probably just a bad leader though. I miss having someone to 'judge' me every week though. I had a lot less "ah sure one more biscuit wont hurt" thoughts when someone else would see my weight!

• Advertisement

Down 1.5lbs this week :) happy with that after two stayed the same weigh ins, thanks SillyBeans for the advice, I cut down my portions of vegetables so that might have helped :) being a vegetarian I probably had too much veg the last two weeks

Advertisement