Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

shaunac93 wrote:
    First time ever at weight watchers today, weighed in at 11stone 10 and my goal is to loose at least a stone and hopefully a small bit more before my graduation at the end of november. At the moment i'm a size 12 and sometimes 14 and my main goal is to look well in a size 10 dress on the 30/10/15 :

First weigh in today and I'm down 4.5 pounds :) absolutely delighted so at just over 11stone 5pounds I've just over a stone to go and 3 months to do it but if it happens earlier that would be grand :) looking forward to next week already.

Propoints kinda confuses me so going to stick with filling and healthy for the week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I went back to WW last night. I had a baby 6 weeks ago - just after she was born I weighed less than I did before I got pregnant, but have managed to put on 8lbs since then by eating loads of crap. I'm breastfeeding and it makes me ferociously hungry. I was eating all the wrong things and now my clothes are getting very tight. I want to lose that 8lbs and I'm a gold member so meetings are free for me until my baby is 6 months. I lost weight successfully last year with the healthy and filling option so hoping it'll just take me a few weeks to get the extra weight off and I'll have broken the cycle of eating nothing but crap.

I have found myself more hungry than last time, simply because of the breastfeeding - I had two sandwich thins for lunch instead if the one I would usually have so I'm hoping it'll all even out. You do need 300-500 extra calories a day when nursing and the leader told me to eat to my appetite as long as it was stuff from the list so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

I didn't realise meeting were free toll the baby was 6months if you were gold member :O I've been back since babs was 10 weeks but I started on a new card . I'm breastfeeding too and like you found some days I'd be seriously hungry so I stuck with filling and healthy!

bobskii wrote: »
    I didn't realise meeting were free toll the baby was 6months if you were gold member :O I've been back since babs was 10 weeks but I started on a new card . I'm breastfeeding too and like you found some days I'd be seriously hungry so I stuck with filling and healthy!

I actually never got my gold card, even after doing the maintenance period. I rang WW last week and they found my details in their system and rang the leader at the meeting I went to to tell her to expect me and that I was a gold member good customer service!

Have you found you have still lost weight despite the extra hunger? I'm really not sure how it will work out. Everyone says when breastfeeding the weight will fall off you but that is not my experience! On my first baba I was so slim after giving birth (I'm a hyperemesis suffere - I lost 2 stone in about 6 weeks this pregnancy :() and I put loads of weight on when breastfeeding. That's why I went to WW last time! This time I was determined to nip it in the bud early and not let it get to as bad a point as last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Nipping in from the SW thread but I had the exact same experience Woshy! Didn't gain weight during pregnancy due to health issues but put on a stone and a half while breastfeeding. I think SW Extra Easy and WW Filling and Healthy are more or less the same and I've found it brilliant. I'm constantly eating and it's falling off me. It's the only plan I've tried post baby that didn't affect my milk supply which says a lot really.

• Advertisement

yep I found it brilliant . esp the fact you can have be good bread and rolls cos it's so handy to make a toasty or something when your under pressure . I'm 1.5 lb away from 2 stone so it definitely works . plus your not worry in about counting points . I found it very easy to stay on track with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Went back today after not being for a month (joys of being a gold member) and stayed the same. Delighted with that now as thought I'd be up a few, within 5 of goal so free but want to be at goal now.

it's way to easy or go off track . If I get to goal this time I'm gonna weigh in once a month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 stickyfinger

I'm finding snacks during the day difficult, I generally eat fruit but sometimes I just crave savoury snacks but I can't think of any good ones that aren't eating into all my treat points! Does anyone have any good savoury snack ideas?

Thanks Dolbert and Bobskii - that's great to hear! Little madam was cluster feeding this evening and I would have inhaled a family sized bar of chocolate (which I had been doing!). I had a little mini bar instead and took it out of my weekly points - that kept me going 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Hey everyone, I didn't make it to my meeting this week but I am down a pound, its coming off very slowly but surely:)

Congrats everyone on the great weight losses:) Onwards and Downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I'm finding snacks during the day difficult, I generally eat fruit but sometimes I just crave savoury snacks but I can't think of any good ones that aren't eating into all my treat points! Does anyone have any good savoury snack ideas?

I love the salt and vinegar rice crackers, there are really strong tasting ones in Aldi and the Kelkin ones are great too. They are one pp per cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I just realised that I haven't posted here in a couple of weeks. Last week I was down 2.5lbs, this week I was up 1lbs. I'm still down overall. I was a little disappointed but then I started to think maybe I'm not eating enough. I'm using my 26 dailies and maybe 10-15 weeklies during the whole week and I've also upped my exercise. I used to walk at least 5 days a week. Now I've started Zumba twice a week and walk 4 on top of that. Going to try eat a bit more and see.

Down 1 lb this week :)

Down 1.5lbs :)

Down 1.5lbs :)

Well done:)

Thank you!

Just 13lbs left now!

I got weighed yesterday and managed to lose 1lb. I was pleased with that because I was worried I'd shift no weight with the breastfeeding. Last time I did WW I lost 5lbs in the first week so it just shows how my metabolism is different and how much more I steal! As I said to my leader, I'd even be happy with staying the same every week. Breastfeeding seems to make weight go on me very easily so just maintaining my current weight would be good.. I need the discipline of following a plan and getting weighed every week to stop me going off the rails!

same a that . I need to be accountable to someone else! 1.5 off today.3lb to target!

bobskii wrote: »
    same a that . I need to be accountable to someone else! 1.5 off today.3lb to target!

Well done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Well done everyone. Great to see everyone doing well.
    I've nothing much to report. Haven't fallen off the wagon, but definitely trailing one foot on the ground :D over the last while. Will definitely attend class this coming week, and get back into the swing of things.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Well done everyone. Great to see everyone doing well.
    I've nothing much to report. Haven't fallen off the wagon, but definitely trailing one foot on the ground :D over the last while. Will definitely attend class this coming week, and get back into the swing of things.

I am the same, I am going to try and get my mojo back and sort myself out this week because I will regret it if I let things slide. So heres to both of us getting into the swing of things.

Good luck everyone and congrats on all the great losses:)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Zanablue wrote: »
    I am the same, I am going to try and get my mojo back and sort myself out this week because I will regret it if I let things slide. So heres to both of us getting into the swing of things.

Good luck everyone and congrats on all the great losses:)

Ditto! Just cannot seem to motivate myself these last few weeks. I need to get a handle on things before I lose control altogether :( Finding it hard to get back on track.

granniecaz wrote: »
    Ditto! Just cannot seem to motivate myself these last few weeks. I need to get a handle on things before I lose control altogether :( Finding it hard to get back on track.

Even if it takes months, just keep trying because eventually something will click. We will get there in the end:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

ok folks - newbie to this thread. Rejoined ww online last week, so still in week 1. I've done it before successfully, so I know I can do it again. Over time, the old bad habits crept back in....especially over the winter months.....mainly the glasses of wine and the nibbles.

I'm fairly ok with my main meals, but it's my sweet tooth and instant 'yes' when offered sweets/cakes/crisps etc that I need to knock on the head.

Any tips that have worked for others when sitting down watching the tv & the need for nibbles hits? Last night, I had to almost tie myself to the couch, so I didn't raid the kitchen.

I know a good dose of willpower and discipline will really help!!

Half a pound back up :o

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I've been struggling since Christmas :( I've not even lost my Christmas weight yet. I need to focus but I just can't seem to

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Joolsie

chuckles30 wrote: »
    ok folks - newbie to this thread. Rejoined ww online last week, so still in week 1. I've done it before successfully, so I know I can do it again. Over time, the old bad habits crept back in....especially over the winter months.....mainly the glasses of wine and the nibbles.

I'm fairly ok with my main meals, but it's my sweet tooth and instant 'yes' when offered sweets/cakes/crisps etc that I need to knock on the head.

Any tips that have worked for others when sitting down watching the tv & the need for nibbles hits? Last night, I had to almost tie myself to the couch, so I didn't raid the kitchen.

I know a good dose of willpower and discipline will really help!!

Firstly, well done on resisting the urge to raid the kitchen last night.... :):) It's not easy.

You know you can do it so it's just a matter of getting your head back in to the zone. I used to be the same snacking whilst watching tele so what my leader told me to do was drink water instead and try to keep occupied. If I want a snack now in the evenings, I'll have tea with skimmed milk and either a weight watchers chocolate biscuit bar (2pp for 1) or a tesco milk chocolate bar (2pp for 1). Toasted Hovis crumpets with 0%fat greek yogurt, grapes, strawberries and some choc shot is also a nice treat.... <<belly grumbling thinking of it>>

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

OK so I bit the bullet and went back to class. Up 2.5 since my last class but sts from last week. So overall 6.5 pounds to goal.

This group really helped me get to goal last year so I'm back and going to do my best to deserve my gold card again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Hi guys,

Long time poster and lurker oh also a yo yo WW person.

I started back in January but I happened to have a few rough months personally but finally got back on the horse back on the 1st of June.

WW seems to come naturally to me when I am back on it, so far I have lost 24.2lbs, which is great but I think I am starting a plateau.

I believe my biggest issue is using my points for sweet treats and snacks, I get 56 points a day and must easily use 16-18 points of that on treat stuff. I strongly believe this sweet stuff is slowing me down. I have approximately 13lbs left to lose, could be less after my weekly WI tomorrow.

Sorry for rambling but I am finding it hard to get off the sugar, I dunno if anyone has watched the doc "Fed Up" its fantastic and it really shows the effect of sugar on the body. It is however near impossible for me to kick it.

Will

PS: I do the at home WW

Advertisement