Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Chong wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Long time poster and lurker oh also a yo yo WW person.

I started back in January but I happened to have a few rough months personally but finally got back on the horse back on the 1st of June.

WW seems to come naturally to me when I am back on it, so far I have lost 24.2lbs, which is great but I think I am starting a plateau.

I believe my biggest issue is using my points for sweet treats and snacks, I get 56 points a day and must easily use 16-18 points of that on treat stuff. I strongly believe this sweet stuff is slowing me down. I have approximately 13lbs left to lose, could be less after my weekly WI tomorrow.

Sorry for rambling but I am finding it hard to get off the sugar, I dunno if anyone has watched the doc "Fed Up" its fantastic and it really shows the effect of sugar on the body. It is however near impossible for me to kick it.

Will

PS: I do the at home WW

56 points seems a bit high if you only have 13 pounds to go? I could be wrong though but just seems quite a high number of points. Have you decreased your points as you've lost weight?

Regarding the sugar, it can be really difficult to cut out things you love but just reduce it where you can. Figure out when you crave it the most and try to distract yourself. I'm always peckish at night so I try to make sure I have something to keep me occupied at that time eg going swimming, arranging to meet friends etc etc. If I sit at home watching telly all evening I'll eat everything that isn't nailed down! Will power me eye

Edit - try swapping one sweet thing for a piece of fruit - gradually increase that over the next few weeks. Fruit is a lot more filling that eg a bar of chocolate so you won't end up eating as much of it plus it has natural sugars so your body won't be craving the sugar from the sweets

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Sillybeans, I thought that about the points too. 56? I'd LOVE 56!! I'm on 26! But I think it's a guy and they get to eat more :(

Worth checking that out though Will- That'll be one definite reason you're not losing!

I'm the same though. I LOVE sweets. Chocolate in particular. I could really eat most of my allowance on it. For me, it's not about cutting it out but reducing.

Try Freddos/curly wurlys both 3 pp or fun size crunchies(careful, the mini ones are 3, you want the fun size ones for 2, the full ones are 5)

Try hot chocolate sachets, they're 1pp and so so good. you can get fudge or caramel ones too. Very chocolatey and Very delicious.

Or for 0pp get some mixed spice and sprinkle it over some chopped apple- it tastes like apple tart :)

I agree with Sillybeans. The time of day is a big thing for my cravings because sometimes its a habit. Just after lunch is a big one, so I try to go for some berry tea instead. If I can make it to about half 3 I'm usually ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Hahaha I started on 62!!!!! I have been steadily dropping down. Yup I am a guy started at 20st.2lbs at 6ft 5. I think that's why I get so many points, my friend is also on it, she is a girl and only gets 29 points.

I thankfully do not crave any chocolate or sweets but I put them in to my allowance as a way of keeping my cravings at bay. I get all my sweet stuff eaten in the morning time.

What do you mean by treat things then?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

So bit the bullet last night and finally went back to class! Up 4 since May so not too bad to claw back & get going again. Have my holidays in 6 weeks so my next aim is to lose 7.5lbs to get to my 2 stone. Onwards & downwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 jack.ryan

Going to get my act together and return on Friday night, after a crazy few weeks workwise were diet went to hell

Expecting to be up 5, not looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Down 1lb this week! 12.5lbs to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

2.5 lbs down this week, delighted after eating fast food and all at weekend. That 10pounds in 5 weeks :) only 1more stone to go to my goal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I need to get back to WW. I've been calorie counting lately as I found that when I followed my points and then checked what calories I'd had that day, they were far too low for me. I'm struggling to get past this plateau though so I think having someone weight me again might give me the kick I need!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

granniecaz wrote: »
    So bit the bullet last night and finally went back to class! Up 4 since May so not too bad to claw back & get going again. Have my holidays in 6 weeks so my next aim is to lose 7.5lbs to get to my 2 stone. Onwards & downwards!

You and me both!
    Up 2.5 lbs, and pleasantly surprised at that. :p. I thought it would be more. Mojo reappeared a bit last week, but went missing somewhat at weekend. ;)
    So, back on the wagon, hopefully. Am setting a goal of losing 7, as my first aim.

Well done everyone, onwards and downwards for all of us!

• Advertisement

Down 1.75 lbs this week :) have officially hit the 2 and a 1/2 stone mark :)

Well done everyone else on your losses :)

LynnGrace wrote: »
    You and me both!
    Up 2.5 lbs, and pleasantly surprised at that. :p. I thought it would be more. Mojo reappeared a bit last week, but went missing somewhat at weekend. ;)
    So, back on the wagon, hopefully. Am setting a goal of losing 7, as my first aim.

Well done everyone, onwards and downwards for all of us!

Good luck LynnGrace! We can do this :D

granniecaz wrote: »
    Good luck LynnGrace! We can do this :D

We certainly can granniecaz!
    Good luck to you too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

1.5 off that makes two stone and a half pound :D

Having the best week I've had in a very long time. One day left and I have 38 weeklies used and 10AP earned. Usually I use all my weeklies and then some and all my AP too. But I guess that's why Im 6.5lbs over my goal :p

Down 2 :) 4.5 to get back to goal. And 4 weeks to Spain. Totally achievable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

keesa wrote: »
    Down 2 :) 4.5 to get back to goal. And 4 weeks to Spain. Totally achievable

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I got my third silver seven last week and am nicely on the way to earning my fourth so I'm doing well enough. I love reading about everyone else doing so well, so keep it up!

My sweet tooth was my biggest problem when it came to putting on weight so how I try and manage it now is not to spend more then 3 points on any one things. So I'll stick to a piece of chocolate with my tea instead of a full bar or a small multipack bag of crisps instead of the bigger bags. I try and tell myself that the first taste is always the nicest and I don't need much more then then that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fredtbvfh

have hit a plateau. . I've lost 16 lbs altogether but I've been hovering around that for a month.. I can't stay consistent with my healthy eating. It goes out the window ay the weekend.. and my weekend is 4 days as I only work three.. i have upped my exercise a bit .. I know if I stay strict at the weekend, that will help hugely.. i feel a lot thinner than ever before and see it as an excuse to relax a little but I still have 5 stone to lose..

I am on my own in this - all my friends are thin and healthy.. my mum says every Sunday that "tomorrow I'll start" but she doesn't so I've stopped listening to her...

I know I can be strict if I want to be. . Buy what's stopping me?

I needed to get this off my chest but does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Hi Fred, I get in that situation a lot since Christmas. Only think I can do to snap myself out of it is to move my weigh in day or the day my weeklies refresh. My week starts on Saturday and by Monday they're all gone so I move it to Wednesday to help me spread them out a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Has anyone ever worked out the points for Koka noodles? When I was making them saw the NVs were as prepared then when they were ready I forgot to weigh them. A very fussy baby means I've barely eaten all day so know I have the points just want to know how many to count!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 corkgirl111

Dreading the weigh in tomorrow - been on holidays the last week and really feeling it. Ww has always worked for me but its going very slowly this time. Its taken me like 4 months to lose half a stone and I have probably put half that back on after this!! Seriously just need to cop on!!

I haven't pointed koka noodles angeldelight but I did pp the ones that are in aldi cos my niece lives on them and they were quite high maybe 6/8 for half the pack . I could be wrong tho . I went completely off plan today and just ate junk . I defiantly won't be getting to goal this week!dunno why I sabotaged myself and me so close :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Woohoo, down half a pound this morning, 12lbs to go! :D

Down a pound, very happy. :D

Had a good week, mojo took a slight holiday at the weekend ;), but back again, hopefully.
    Am planning to get out walking this week too, to heck with the rain. For various reasons, I didn't get out much last week.

Well done everyone! Best of luck if you have your WI later in week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Dreading weigh in in the morning, had a bad week, just lost commitment hope I havnt put on too much!!

Why the heck am I bingeing on RICE CAKES? !?

I did that tonight but on cornflakes. The devil is in me!

Can't make weigh in tonight and had a terrible weekend as well. Going on my scales at home though I'm down 1lb so going to stay on the straight and narrow this weekend and hopefully will be down another bit before I get to next weeks meeting!
    Well done on the losses everyone :)

• Advertisement

At least cornflakes are nice!

Advertisement