Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

1 lb off this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I'm home sick with a very nasty tonsillitis infection. Can't eat solids. To hell with pointing :( it's store bought soup and ready meals for a while. I'm not up for cooking and my back up meals are gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 fredtbvfh

Hope you feel better soon.

Down 3.5 lbs this week! Hope to keep up the good work. it'd so hard not to be lazy at the weekend!

Feel better soon Keesa, main thing is to get better, never mind the points til your better :)

1.25 lbs off for me this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Back to class AGAIN last night after 2 weeks and was delighted with a STS. Still 7.5 lbs for me to get to my next mini goal! Well done on the losses :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

granniecaz wrote: »
    Back to class AGAIN last night after 2 weeks and was delighted with a STS. Still 7.5 lbs for me to get to my next mini goal! Well done on the losses :)

Well done granniecaz. I know what you mean about the STS. I'm hoping for that next week, I wasn't at class this week.

Well done everyone.

I went out to dinner with some friends tonight. I've been a gold member for 2 years. And every time she sees me one friend feels the need to comment "you're wasting away" or "you look great" or "don't lose any more weight". These comments only started when she was told by someone else that I'd been trying to lose weight after I'd lost a stone and a half. She didn't notice otherwise. And have not stopped in 2 and a half years, even though I've told her I don't like it.

Now I get it. I do. I know she means well and she's only trying to give me a compliment. But 1 I've not lost wait in 2 years stop telling me I have or I'm getting too thin. I'm actually half a stone up. And 2 in what world is it OK to comment on my weight? Really. Has it ever been appropriate to comment on someone's weight? And if it was she sure kept her mouth shut when I put it on in the first place.

So annoyed! Sorry! Rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

keesa wrote: »
    I went out to dinner with some friends tonight. I've been a gold member for 2 years. And every time she sees me one friend feels the need to comment "you're wasting away" or "you look great" or "don't lose any more weight". These comments only started when she was told by someone else that I'd been trying to lose weight after I'd lost a stone and a half. She didn't notice otherwise. And have not stopped in 2 and a half years, even though I've told her I don't like it.

Now I get it. I do. I know she means well and she's only trying to give me a compliment. But 1 I've not lost wait in 2 years stop telling me I have or I'm getting too thin. I'm actually half a stone up. And 2 in what world is it OK to comment on my weight? Really. Has it ever been appropriate to comment on someone's weight? And if it was she sure kept her mouth shut when I put it on in the first place.

I've got a few family members like that and I know for a fact that for a few, it's born out of jealousy. Is this only an Irish thing though?

It's super annoying! I know my numbers. I've been measured by professionals. I don't tell them what I weigh. I let them have my body fat % coz I know they don't understand it and won't know what to do with that information. I've got a small frame so my numbers are naturally going to be small and it freaks them out.

For her it's not jealousy. She's happy with her weight. For family yes I agree. Just drives me nuts

keesa wrote: »

I wonder if you gazed anxiously back at her, and made some comment about her appearance, (you look tired / pale / whatever) how would she feel!

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've got a few family members like that and I know for a fact that for a few, it's born out of jealousy. Is this only an Irish thing though?

It's super annoying! I know my numbers. I've been measured by professionals. I don't tell them what I weigh. I let them have my body fat % coz I know they don't understand it and won't know what to do with that information. I've got a small frame so my numbers are naturally going to be small and it freaks them out.

I'm on an English website and this comes up even more regularly regularly there, so I don't believe it's an Irish thing.
    I love the body fat % idea :D, just picturing the puzzled faces.

I used to work with someone who always, always, always commented to people about their weight. She said to me one time with her usual fake attitude ' have you lost loads of weight'...
    Evidently thinking this was going to lead into one of her usual insincere 'compliments'.
    I said 'I wasn't aware I had loads of weight to lose'. I was a size 10, at the time. She never commented to me again.

Exactly! You've never (i hope) been out with friends where they said "oh keesa, you seem to have put on a bit more weight. Don't put on any more! "

As it happens though I seem to have gained another 2 :( back to 6 pounds to lose

0.75 lbs off this week, disappointed as I stuck to plan, but I guess a loss is a loss no matter how small :) Sure at the end of the day weight loss has its ups and downs (and STS ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Half pound gain. I'll definitely take that. I had a horrible week!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

My weight is driving me simple at the moment. I've gained 11 pounds and lost 9 of them in the space of two weeks. I must be eating something that's not agreeing with me because I've been fairly good with staying on track but I'll weigh myself and I could be three pounds lighter after lunch than I was before breakfast!??!!? Either that or my scales have seen better days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Are they digital scales? Might be worth changing the battery!

I had two bad days last week so was determined to be good this week then because the weather was so nice had an impromptu BBQ in my parents last night where I ate all the things! Just going to say that's all my weekly points gone and stick to daily points until Monday with fingers crossed

Yep they are. I'll try and see if it makes a difference. Almost cheaper sometimes to buy a new one than replace those batteries!

SillyBeans wrote: »
    Yep they are. I'll try and see if it makes a difference. Almost cheaper sometimes to buy a new one than replace those batteries!

Same thing happening to me! It's throwing me right off!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 corkgirl111

Only lost half a pound this week and I had thought I had done well - so frustrating!! :(

Only lost half a pound this week and I had thought I had done well - so frustrating!! :(

Well done corkgirl111, a loss is a loss and you're going in the right direction :)
    I have my meeting this evening....eeek!

• Advertisement

I STS this week, at my WI. I had put in a good week, had weighed myself on my usual weigh in day last week, because I wasn't at class, and I was up 1.5 lbs.
    My scales is generally accurate, so I'm happy, I did lose, even if it was unofficial :D
    I think the leader was a bit puzzled that I was so pleased with STS.

Well done everyone. Best of luck for later grannycaz

That may well show next week, corkgirl. I've been that soldier, confidently expecting to see a bigger weight loss, and not seeing it that particular week, but seeing it the following week.

Thanks LynnGrace! Was down 1.5lbs so happy that I've got the ball rolling in the right direction again. Like you are saying, hoping this will build for next week and aiming for a 2lb loss so here's hoping!
    Have a lovely weekend everyone :)

The email notification couldn't have come at a better time! I was just about to go get a fry for breakfast!

FOCUS!

To the shop I go! Just tried a different scales which is telling me I'm 6 pounds lighter than I was this morning despite now wearing clothes and shoes and having had lunch... Might just buy a new scales to be safe. It was stored standing upright for a while so not sure if that could affect it?

Was just chatting to a girl who said she doesn't go to meetings any more because the leader doesn't allow her to leave after weigh in. She had a GP appointment so couldn't stay and the woman told her that the doctor could wait and wouldn't allow her to leave??? This girl is quite shy so she just sat there, too embarrassed to say anything. I'd like to see the leader that would stop me leaving if I wanted to!!

To the shop I go! Just tried a different scales which is telling me I'm 6 pounds lighter than I was this morning despite now wearing clothes and shoes and having had lunch... Might just buy a new scales to be safe. It was stored standing upright for a while so not sure if that could affect it?

Was just chatting to a girl who said she doesn't go to meetings any more because the leader doesn't allow her to leave after weigh in. She had a GP appointment so couldn't stay and the woman told her that the doctor could wait and wouldn't allow her to leave??? This girl is quite shy so she just sat there, too embarrassed to say anything. I'd like to see the leader that would stop me leaving if I wanted to!!

I'd have just walked out. What can she do about it? ! Worth reporting the leader too..

I ended up weighing in the evening on Wednesday because I just couldn't figure out what my scales were saying! At the meeting I was up 2.5 but I usually weigh first thing so really I think it's a gain of just a half.

I'd just leave, in that scenario. I always stay for the meeting but if I had something like that on, I'd just walk out. I see loads of people who leave straight after WI, at any meeting I attend.

Speaking of leaders, I've temporarily moved from the meeting I used to always attend. The one I attend at the moment, the leader takes a little bit of time for everyone, whereas I had started to notice that my usual leader gave some people loads of time, I'm talking anything up to 10 minutes, and some of us were just about given our WI, and practically rushed off the scales.

I wasn't the only one who noticed it. Others commented on it too. We all pay the same fee, and if someone needs a lot of extra time, I think the best thing to do is ask them to wait at the end of class for a chat. I think I will stick with the new meeting for the moment. Everyone needs a bit of encouragement, IMO, whether you are brand new, or a returned gold member, like me.

granniecaz wrote: »
    Thanks LynnGrace! Was down 1.5lbs so happy that I've got the ball rolling in the right direction again. Like you are saying, hoping this will build for next week and aiming for a 2lb loss so here's hoping!
    Have a lovely weekend everyone :)

Well done missus!
    Have a lovely weekend.

My favourite leader just quit! :(

• Advertisement

Down 2.5! :)

Advertisement