Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi all, I started WW last Wednesday after going it alone for a few years during which time I tried slimming world but found that the leader gave very little information and what was discussed went over my head.. Also did Nupo for a while which I wouldn't recommend to anyone!! so I decided to go back to the only thing that ever worked for me and here I am. At present I'm 11s 3.5 ibs the heaviest I've been in a long time I would love to try and get to 10 stone for Christmas. So far I have been very good I plan my meals the night before and stick to what I have written down and its going ok. Did treat myself to 2 glasses of WW rose wine on Saturday evening (I'm more a red wine person but couldn't find it) the WW wine is expensive at €12.95 a bottle but it makes me savour it even more if I where to take into a bottle of red id have it gone in no time. I'm on 26 points which was a shock as I remember it been 29 the last time I done WW... I love the Thread its nice to know that everyone shares the same worriers about weight and I love to see how your all getting on..
    Good luck to everyone and here's to hoping that I have a pound or two off on Wednesday!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Down 3.5lb this week, happy as it's the first week I've stuck to plan properly in ages. I'm thinking of changing my weigh in day from Monday to Thursday as I'd prefer to refresh my weekly points near the weekend rather than trying to save them for weekend! I do ww online - any suggestions on what to do with my weekly points between now and Wednesday? I have the full amount now as my WI has been Monday so I was thinking if I aimed to have eaten 3/7 of them by Weds evening it should balance out? As I'll have more new ones on Thursday! I'm probably overthinking this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

barneylou wrote: »
    Hi all, I started WW last Wednesday after going it alone for a few years during which time I tried slimming world but found that the leader gave very little information and what was discussed went over my head.. Also did Nupo for a while which I wouldn't recommend to anyone!! so I decided to go back to the only thing that ever worked for me and here I am. At present I'm 11s 3.5 ibs the heaviest I've been in a long time I would love to try and get to 10 stone for Christmas. So far I have been very good I plan my meals the night before and stick to what I have written down and its going ok. Did treat myself to 2 glasses of WW rose wine on Saturday evening (I'm more a red wine person but couldn't find it) the WW wine is expensive at €12.95 a bottle but it makes me savour it even more if I where to take into a bottle of red id have it gone in no time. I'm on 26 points which was a shock as I remember it been 29 the last time I done WW... I love the Thread its nice to know that everyone shares the same worriers about weight and I love to see how your all getting on..
    Good luck to everyone and here's to hoping that I have a pound or two off on Wednesday!!!

Hi Barneylou, Welcome:) You will get lots of support and motivation from the posters on this thread, they are a great bunch. Good luck on your downward journey:).

Hi Zanablue,

Thank you I'm so glad to be back before this id spend my spare time annoying myself because of my weight it would sit there in my head niggling at me but now that I'm doing something about it whether I do well or not its one less thing to annoy me and the thread is great it proves one thing if you want something bad enough you can achieve it, there will be bumps in the road along the way but as every one says its a marathon not a sprint!!

barneylou wrote: »
    Hi Zanablue,

Thank you I'm so glad to be back before this id spend my spare time annoying myself because of my weight it would sit there in my head niggling at me but now that I'm doing something about it whether I do well or not its one less thing to annoy me and the thread is great it proves one thing if you want something bad enough you can achieve it, there will be bumps in the road along the way but as every one says its a marathon not a sprint!!

Just keep trying and break everything into smaller goals, even if it takes a long time. The bumps in the road are just life and sure you have to live. Think positive you will do this and hopefully we can all keep pushing each other:)

• Advertisement

Great advice Zanablue thank you...

Had my first weigh in last nite and I was down 4 Ibs very happy with that!! here's to another good week ahead... Good luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Well done ^^

I really really made an effort this week, -4.5 WOOHOO!!! Tried on some clothes that wouldn't do up last week, they will now (although snugly). Who knew such a small amount would make such a difference. Really given me a kick to keep going. Slim for Christmas so I can gain it all back :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Carolineonecat

Well done !!! I'm a gold member and hadn't been since june - I put 12.5 on over the summer !!! I feel rotten !! Yesterday I said draw the line now but it's my birthday and got sweets !!! Of course I ate them !!! I need to really focus so on here now to get ideas - support and hopefully give support too !!
    Well done on your losses !! Barneylou - we looked to Have been the same weight and looking same kind of loss - well done xx

Good on you Sillybeans 4 1/2 is brill, Im like you thinking about Christmas and all the nice clothes id like to get into. I like the idea of wearing the same clothes to weigh in each week and I could see a little difference in them yesterday from the week before not just as stuffed sausage as they were. good luck for the coming week:)

• Advertisement

Good luck to you too barneylou :) I always wear the same thing to weigh in so that I know that my clothes aren't affecting the weight. I know some people who wore their shoes to their first weigh in so that they could take them off for an artificial loss if they were having a bad week?!?!?!?!

Happy Birthday Carolineonecat. Think of tomorrow as the first day of a new year and start over. Enjoy your Birthday :)

Hi Carolineonecat (great name) I'm 10 13 1/2 now back into the tens thank god. been a gold member do you think its doable to loss 13 1/2 ibs by Christmas?

God sillybeans definitely I wear the lightest jeans top and sketchers I have I wear them every week that's what I did before so i'm sticking with it by the time I shift this 13.5 ibs I hope they will be falling of me and ill need a belt!! only way to go..

Happy Birthday Carolinoneccat its my sons birthday on Tuesday I keep telling myself its his birthday not yours... your rite to celebrate your birthday its only once a year and go for it hell for leather after.. I always find its good to start at a time when you don't have much events coming up. grant it I am going to watch the match Sunday and have a few drinks but ill have my walk done and dinner eat so I wont feel as hungry ill take my drinks out of my weekly and my food out of my daily's and hopefully it should be ok...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Well done on the losses ladies :)

After a 3.5lb gain after Electric Picnic, I lost 2lbs this week. Happy days!

That's great purplepaws well done!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Thank you :)

Hope everyone has a fab week!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I was down 2 last night, I was amazed after all the food I ate last week. Hopefully it's not one of those ones where I lose 2 and then I'm up 1.5 next week. I'm being fairly strict now though, all Hairy Dieters dinners this week which helps an enormous amount.

I always wear the same clothes and shoes, that's what I've always done, just routine now at this stage :)

Hi Corkclaire82 congrats on your loss that's great, everyone seems to have had a good week. I'm going to copy what I eat last week this week day for day apart from the few drinkies on Sunday should be ok.. I know that the first week is always a good loss and it slows down after but ill give it a try and I must drink water i'm terrible at drinking apart from tea/coffee I have no fluids during the day I just never seem to be thirty so its hard to take it.

I drink absolute tonnes of water. Always loved the taste of it. It does make me feel a little nauseated if I drink it on an empty stomach though. Try having a pint of water with dinner or something, that way you'll barely know you're drinking it. All this talk of weight loss is making me hungry...

That's a good idea sillybeans ill give it a try... Looking forward to my lunch myself have any of you tried the salad from Aldi. it comes in a bowl with a basil dressing its lovely I mix it with half a tin of tuna its only 2 points for the salad and 2 for the tuna good and very little points...I think its called the garden salad..

• Advertisement

Hey all, Congrats on all the great losses this week! Well I went to my weigh in and I was only down a half pound, but I'm happy because its my time of the month. Once the the weight is going the right way I'm happy:)

Onwards and Downwards everyone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Carolineonecat

Each half pound adds up !! I lost weight before summer holidays ( 10 lbs ) in about 6 weeks - I put in the 5/2 idea taking less calories 2 days a week to help me - I don't know if I was always under the 500 calories but it was 2 days I had soup and salads with porridge to start my day !
    Whatever works best for us -
    I love hearing what people do to help them - good luck xx

• Registered Users Posts: 21 corkgirl111

SillyBeans wrote: »
    Well done ^^

I really really made an effort this week, -4.5 WOOHOO!!! Tried on some clothes that wouldn't do up last week, they will now (although snugly). Who knew such a small amount would make such a difference. Really given me a kick to keep going. Slim for Christmas so I can gain it all back :p

Wow thats amazing! How did u do that? Filling and healthy or points? Need tips!

Wow thats amazing! How did u do that? Filling and healthy or points? Need tips!

I did a mixture. I ate mainly filling and healthy food, but I pointed it. I also avoided pasta and potatoes and bread most of the week (not completely) because it bloats me a lot.

I'm really bad for eating breakfast so didn't eat it often. It was usually some fruit. One morning I was hungry so had some buttery toast.....mmm toast...

For lunches I had a salad with lots of chicken or tuna or ham instead of having a sandwich. One day I was particularly hungry I added a baked potato with some light spreadable cheese.

For dinners I had chicken with looooooooooooooooooooads of veg (must have gone through about 3 bags of mixed veg over the week on my own!) or wholewheat couscous with chicken (instead of cooking the couscous in water, I boil it with a chicken stock cube, that way I don't need to add sauce to it) or curry (made with curry powder, not a sauce from a jar) but using cauliflower rice instead of normal rice or veggie mince, passata and courgette spaghetti. Had a couple of ready meals too (I find the supermarket own brands to sometimes be lower points than the WW ones). At the weekend I'd have one of these for lunch as well as dinner. I'm a little piggy at the weekend and that's what usually ruins my weight loss!

Sounds like I didn't eat much but I always used my points (26) every day, I just didn't use my weeklies. Even though it was healthy food, I had large portions, especially for dinner. I didn't feel I was depriving myself then as I had a large meal to look forward to every night. I'm not sure if it's the healthiest way to do it but I felt great. My proudest moment was sitting in the car with my bottle of water while my boyfriend was eating a McDonald's (wasn't his fault, he was going and I wanted to go for the drive so nobody to blame but myself!).

I weigh in on Tuesdays. I weighed myself yesterday (Thursday) and was down another pound and a bit so hopefully I add a couple more to that this week. Really focused on it now, it finally just clicked that I was making myself miserable by not losing it, especially with all my nice clothes taunting me!!

My downfall was never been sweet suff more savoury and most definitely portion sizes.. One thing I have learnt from this is if your going to have toast for breakfast then its wise not to have a sandwich for lunch and potatoes or pasta for dinner its just to many carbs in on day so I have 20g of bite size shredded wheat with nuts and honey ( I don't add nuts and honey that's just what there called) it works out at 11 pieces and 2 points plus a ww yogurt 1 point so that's breakfast for 3 points I sometimes include half a banana, if I get hungry say around 11 I have fruit then for lunch Aldi Salad with 1/2 tin of Tuna 4 points total for lunch which leaves me with 19 points for dinner including a curly wurly I find I'm hungrier in the evenings I work in an office by myself so its easy to be good because there is no one to tempt you. Today I fancied a sandwich for lunch with ham so I'll had the same breakfast as before and in the evening ill have a baked potato veg, beans and laughing cow light and give meat a miss. its works for me I'm only on my second week but I feel better in myself I'm conscious of what I'm eating for the first time in a long time...:):):)

I try to plan most of my meals in advance eg on a Sunday so that I don't have to think about it much during the week. I find if I have to think about what I'll make for dinner every day, I almost become obsessed with food and then end up eating loads as it's all I've been thinking about. A personal chef would solve allllllllllll my problems!

I'm like that to Sillybeans I weigh in on a Wednesday so that night I see what I have in the house and plan my Thursday what's down is gospel I eat only what's on the list I need to be disciplined that's why I prefer the idea of points rather than healthy and filling I know if I was to do it id end up eating way to much of everything!! The my score first app is great for tracking your food I live by it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 corkgirl111

SillyBeans wrote: »
    I did a mixture. I ate mainly filling and healthy food, but I pointed it. I also avoided pasta and potatoes and bread most of the week (not completely) because it bloats me a lot.

I'm really bad for eating breakfast so didn't eat it often. It was usually some fruit. One morning I was hungry so had some buttery toast.....mmm toast...

For lunches I had a salad with lots of chicken or tuna or ham instead of having a sandwich. One day I was particularly hungry I added a baked potato with some light spreadable cheese.

For dinners I had chicken with looooooooooooooooooooads of veg (must have gone through about 3 bags of mixed veg over the week on my own!) or wholewheat couscous with chicken (instead of cooking the couscous in water, I boil it with a chicken stock cube, that way I don't need to add sauce to it) or curry (made with curry powder, not a sauce from a jar) but using cauliflower rice instead of normal rice or veggie mince, passata and courgette spaghetti. Had a couple of ready meals too (I find the supermarket own brands to sometimes be lower points than the WW ones). At the weekend I'd have one of these for lunch as well as dinner. I'm a little piggy at the weekend and that's what usually ruins my weight loss!

Sounds like I didn't eat much but I always used my points (26) every day, I just didn't use my weeklies. Even though it was healthy food, I had large portions, especially for dinner. I didn't feel I was depriving myself then as I had a large meal to look forward to every night. I'm not sure if it's the healthiest way to do it but I felt great. My proudest moment was sitting in the car with my bottle of water while my boyfriend was eating a McDonald's (wasn't his fault, he was going and I wanted to go for the drive so nobody to blame but myself!).

I weigh in on Tuesdays. I weighed myself yesterday (Thursday) and was down another pound and a bit so hopefully I add a couple more to that this week. Really focused on it now, it finally just clicked that I was making myself miserable by not losing it, especially with all my nice clothes taunting me!!

Thanks so much for that info - its really helpful! I definately eat too much bread and potatoes, I should prob cut carbs down to once a day and start eating salads or chicken and veg more! Must try that for a week! And pointing but eating F&H foods at same time is such a good idea!

Hope everyone's weekend went well. Food wise I was very good pity I cant say the same about the drink!!! Watched the match in our local avoided the finger food was very proud of myself the Hubbie was delighted he eat mine as well as his own. The 6 vodka's turned into about 10, of which I am paying for today not well at all. on the upside instead of grabbing cabs till they came out my eats I had toast for breakfast with 2 laughing cow light cheese and salad for lunch. I'll go for a walk after work and hopefully that should sort the head out well at least that's the plan any way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi all,

How would you recommend ww to slimming world? I need to lose weight and I dunno what to chose to go to!!

Thanks in advance x

Advertisement