Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

@Cosmic - agreed eat lunch a little earlier than normal and stop drinking water sooner. As ccseli says every ounce counts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

cosmic wrote: »

I always pp all of my alcohol. When I'm going out for a night out, I'll leave a note pad on the hall table. Then when I come in, on my way up to bed, I scribble down how many drinks I've had and what they were. It takes less than a minute so it's not awkward or anything. Then the next morning I tot up the pps and stick it all in my tracker. Nice and easy!

Can someone help me with something? I can't make my WI in tonight so I'm going to a different one this afternoon. I usually WI at 6pm and the class I'm going to instead is 4.15pm. Will there be much of a difference in my weight in those time differences? I'm going to eat my lunch slightly earlier than I usually would to try to balance it out. I don't want an inaccurate reading though!

I would be nervous of a time change too. Our weight fluctuates so much over the course of the day it could make a difference. Obviously in the grand scheme of things it won't, but when it comes to actually timeframe of hitting your goal this week or next it might. As others have said the best thing is to limit your water after lunch and eat lunch abbot earlier. If you don't get the result you expec just remember it could just be the timing and you will get there. Stay on track and next week it will show!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

I would be nervous of a time change too. Our weight fluctuates so much over the course of the day it could make a difference. Obviously in the grand scheme of things it won't, but when it comes to actually timeframe of hitting your goal this week or next it might.

But you would hit it anyway, whether or not it's recorded. :confused:

When I was losing weight before, I let the last few pounds come off whenever they did, I didn't need them to be lost within a certain frame. If one gets hung up on timeframes to such a degree, it will just make you feel a failure when you really shouldn't. And having lunch earlier in an effort to reach that arbitrary weight just seems daft.

I know what I'm saying won't be popular, but this kind of mindframe just seems so punishing and doesn't seem at all conducive to a lifelong lifestyle change.

But you would hit it anyway, whether or not it's recorded. :confused:

When I was losing weight before, I let the last few pounds come off whenever they did, I didn't need them to be lost within a certain frame. If one gets hung up on timeframes to such a degree, it will just make you feel a failure when you really shouldn't. And having lunch earlier in an effort to reach that arbitrary weight just seems daft.

I know what I'm saying won't be popular, but this kind of mindframe just seems so punishing and doesn't seem at all conducive to a lifelong lifestyle change.

Working to targets is a proven weightless tool that works. It is advised that you get weighed at the same time of day each week because it is known that weight fluctuates. When you have been working hard at something for a long time it's nice to see the results when you feel you deserve them. Everyone has their own way of doing things, just because you had no set goal does not mean that's true for someone else. Regardless, a negative result on the scales can be a huge confidence knocker no matter how you try to justify it.

Long term weight loss journeys are different for everyone and cosmic was just looking for some advice for how she feels about this particular week. You gave yours and she felt it was not helpful to her situation. Not that it's bad advice in general just not relevant to her.

Long term weight loss journeys are different for everyone and cosmic was just looking for some advice for how she feels about this particular week. You gave yours and she felt it was not helpful to her situation. Not that it's bad advice in general just not relevant to her.

That's fine but she dismissed it because I was a new poster. New to an internet forum is not new to life.

Targets are good. But they are simply a guideline. The human body will not necessarily respond to these as you might predict. A downward trend is the most important thing.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the subject.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Anyhoo, Maybe time to draw a line under this conversation as not really getting anyone anywhere. I was wondering if anyone else has got and used the Hairy Dieters recipe book and if you have any tips or recommendations???

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Anyhoo, Maybe time to draw a line under this conversation as not really getting anyone anywhere.

That was why I said "That's all I have to say on the subject". :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Anyhoo, Maybe time to draw a line under this conversation as not really getting anyone anywhere. I was wondering if anyone else has got and used the Hairy Dieters recipe book and if you have any tips or recommendations???

I bought it today for a payday treat! Looking forward to that lasagne. And the lamb tagine. And the chilli. And. Well... Lots of other things! Need a bit of variety!!

Was down 3.5lb this morn. Hurrah! Makes up for last weeks very unjustified gain! Now to get my runners on and go for a loooong walk. Good luck everyone!

Using Leeks instead of pasta for it took a bit of effort and to be honest I found them a bit difficult to cut but the ragu part was absolutely divine and I will be making that again for bolognaise. I don't like mushrooms so left them out but the flavour for something low fat was out of this world and even a sixth of the recipe left me feeling so full up. Totally recommend. Even the white sauce came out perfectly and I've never got it right before. I think tomorrow I'm going to attempt the Chicken and Ham pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Hi guys. Yesterday my doctor changed my pill prescription to Yasmin. Apparently it's marketed as the 'no weight gain' pill. Anyway considering I must have put on some weight with my last pill (as most do), I was just wondering if ye think being on this new one will show a result on the scales?

Wishful thinking, I know, but every little but counts!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

@sunrise91
    I was on that before about a year ago I'd say and managed to lose weight while on it!! definitely didn't gain weight anyway! :) There's a Yasmin-L too which I think is a lighter version again, took that too for a while & had no weight gain issues!
    Only reason I had to come off it is because I suffer from migraines so have a different one now which definitely does increase weight gain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Stayed the same after the bank holiday... I am actually fairly proud, considering I consumed garlic cheese chips, a Chinese, a rake of taytos and enough alcohol to fell an elephant between Friday and Saturday. I was extremely disciplined the other days, so it seems I broke about even.

I am really loving the hairy dieters book-it seems like there are lovely things that you could use if people were over for dinner and things- and the two hairies themselves are a great advertisement for their diet!

New week, new start! Having a wee treat of a skinny hot choc in Starbucks here. Unfortunately there's going to be a family funeral this week and I'm a little worried- these events are stressful enough without having to avoid the food side if things.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Day one of a new week and I'm feeling pretty confident!
    I did 2 hours of medium intensity exercise today and I calculated it (from the back of the purple book) as 12 activity points? Is that right? It seems a lot!!!!

I'm off to Cork for the weekend with my OH, planning on going to Scoozi's for dinner while there and I think that will be the biggest challenge for me since I started ww last year! I intend to have a look at the menu before hand and make a few choices! The same goes for anywhere we may have lunch that day!

Best of luck to everyone for the coming week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Day one of a new week and I'm feeling pretty confident!
    I did 2 hours of medium intensity exercise today and I calculated it (from the back of the purple book) as 12 activity points? Is that right? It seems a lot!!!!

12 points is a massive amount to earn on one day, what was it you did for 2 hours that you classified as medium intensity? You have to be careful with this..

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Taz1 wrote: »
    12 points is a massive amount to earn on one day, what was it you did for 2 hours that you classified as medium intensity? You have to be careful with this..

I thought so.. I just went walking with my Mum!
    I might calculate it as 60 mins low and 60 mins medium..

I just entered 60 mins brisk/power walking on the online activity points tracker and got 4pp. 60 mins at a gentle 20min mile pace earns you 3pp. So I'd say you earnt 7pp, poss 8 if you think you walked at a brisk pace the whole time. Hope that helps.

I just entered 60 mins brisk/power walking on the online activity points tracker and got 4pp. 60 mins at a gentle 20min mile pace earns you 3pp. So I'd say you earnt 7pp, poss 8 if you think you walked at a brisk pace the whole time. Hope that helps.

I'm on 26pp a day though so you might get more if you're on different points. Not 100% sure on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

I'm on 26pp a day though so you might get more if you're on different points. Not 100% sure on that.

You get more or less activity points depending on what weight you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I am not taking your comment the wrong way but you are completely wrong about me. As a new poster to this forum you have no idea of my journey so far, or my attitude to WW. If you knew me as a poster, like many other long time users of this forum do, you will know that, to date, I have lost 88lbs with WW, in the most healthy way. I am now 2.5lbs away from my goal weight so I am conscious of obtaining an accurate reading so that I can soon stop losing and begin maintaining my current, healthy weight.

How did you get on today? As I'm not close to goal it wouldn't effect me that much as it'll just show up next week. However as you are so close to goal that 0.5/1 lb can make such a difference. It's also could be an extra tenner which I know I'd love not to have to spend!

Thanks for the tip about the alcohol! I'll give it a try if I go out this weekend. Its something that is definitely hindering my weight loss so I want to rein it in without being unsocial!
    I got the biggest shock of my WW journey on the scales last night.... I was most definately expecting a gain and had planned for one, after being away and eating and drinking everything around me for 3 full days, but not the gain I got... I've never heard of anyone get such a big gain in such a short period of time (I've gone way above goal :(), I'm wondering if any of it is to do with other factors, like the complete lack of water I drank over the weekend,or rejoining the gym last week... SUCH a set back, getting pretty tired of it at this stage...... :(

It could be anything. I had a similar gain the other week which I didn't mention here for sheer embarrassment. Like you I was expecting to be up but not 3lbs :mad: Its taking me ages to lose it but I have lost every week since. I'd say keep at it today and try and limit the bad days because if you have bad days then its difficult to tell if there's anything else causing the problem. If next week there's no change then maybe look at all the potential reasons and see can you change things around. Do you go to a meeting? If so mention it to your leader!

Hope everyone is having a good Halloween ;)

I hate bank holidays! I had a gain this week too - 1lb :-( So unogranised and hungry all week and I think that made all the difference. Now 2.5lbs away from my 50lb cert :( Oh well, just gotta move on and work my a** off this week!!

In good news I felt great in my halloween costume! A big difference from my birthday present costume - let me tell you! I suppose they cant all be scales victories :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Eabhabear wrote: »
    How did you get on today?

I was down 2lbs! Only 0.5lbs to goal. Very exciting! You're dead right, it'll be great not to have to pay for classes any more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ceoil_Cailin

Day one of "back to being good". After a gain on the scales this week :(
    Wasn't as prepared today as I would have liked but not too bad of a day all the same.

Breakfast; 1 egg, 2 egg whites
    Lunch: orange and yogurt (too busy to eat
    anything else)
    Dinner: chicken breast, cabbage and veg.
    Supper: cod, salad.

1 Hour of moderate exercise.

Have all my meals prepared for tomorrow. I feel when I'm prepared I do much much better.

In terms of exercise, what kind of exercise do you all do and how often would you typically do it?

It's gonna be a good week - let's keep motivated !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ceoil_Cailin

maidie wrote: »
    Hi Ceoilcailin, well done on losing 3 stone, thats some achievement, I am exactly the same weight as you and have the same target, which I was at this time last year, I am a gold card member but have lost all motivation so I will keep a close eye on your progress for the next 5 weeks. I believe its very achievable once in the right frame of mind. Plenty of vegetable soup, porridge for breakfast and write everything down. When I stopped keeping my food diary, I got very sloppy and weight crept up. I know its not much weight but a half a stone can make a huge difference in how we feel about ourselves. I'm just in from having dinner out and here eating ryvita and full fat butter, not hungry just laxadaisy... Please keep posting to keep us motivated for next 5 weeks..Good luck :)

Thanks maidie. Thats great to have someone at same weight and with same goal :)
    I have started back again today !! And have breakfast an lunch ready for tomorrow.
    Let's keep on track - we can get there !!

Posted a new recipe to get me back on track! Nothing like trying new things to get the motivation going! Lemon Honey Chicken - a real winter warmer!!

http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/10/lemon-honey-chicken.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I was down 2lbs! Only 0.5lbs to goal. Very exciting! You're dead right, it'll be great not to have to pay for classes any more :)

Congrats! Just goes to show hard work and dedication always pays off in the end. We just have to keep going. I am little jealous though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

Thanks maidie. Thats great to have someone at same weight and with same goal :)
    I have started back again today !! And have breakfast an lunch ready for tomorrow.
    Let's keep on track - we can get there !!

Hi CC, well I started off great with porridge made with skimmed milk and seeds, then had cod, broccoli and carrots with potatoe wedges for dinner, then had a ciabatta with butter and banana for tea but over stocked for trick a treaters and just had 2 bags of wheelies, a small bag of haribos and numerous ryvita with butter and ham... So today was a right off but tomorrow is a brand new day so I'm going to write off my weeklies for today and start on 29 PP from tomorrow. Got the veggies in for soup anyway... Lets keep going

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I remember my leader telling us that a walk (even a brisk walk) should never be counted as anything more that low intensity..
    Eabhabear wrote: »
    It could be anything. I had a similar gain the other week which I didn't mention here for sheer embarrassment. Like you I was expecting to be up but not 3lbs :mad: Its taking me ages to lose it but I have lost every week since. I'd say keep at it today and try and limit the bad days because if you have bad days then its difficult to tell if there's anything else causing the problem. If next week there's no change then maybe look at all the potential reasons and see can you change things around. Do you go to a meeting? If so mention it to your leader!

I already had a big gain 7 weeks back due to antibiotics/hospital stay, in the form of 5lbs and I worked my butt off to get that weight off (took 5 weeks of being ridiculously strict). This time around my gain has been almost twice that amount after what was just 3 days of bad eating. I was super good the whole weekend leading up to it, rejoined the gym and replaced my walking with gym sessions earning myself a good few activity points... Its really not fair, I'm not sure WW is for me and my body anymore..
    I hate bank holidays! I had a gain this week too - 1lb :-( So unogranised and hungry all week and I think that made all the difference. Now 2.5lbs away from my 50lb cert :( Oh well, just gotta move on and work my a** off this week!!

Ha, what I would give to have such a little gain... Multiply that a couple of times and you'll have my (totally undeserved) gain this week... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

I remember my leader telling us that a walk (even a brisk walk) should never be counted as anything more that low intensity..

I already had a big gain 7 weeks back due to antibiotics/hospital stay, in the form of 5lbs and I worked my butt off to get that weight off (took 5 weeks of being ridiculously strict). This time around my gain has been almost twice that amount after what was just 3 days of bad eating. I was super good the whole weekend leading up to it, rejoined the gym and replaced my walking with gym sessions earning myself a good few activity points... Its really not fair, I'm not sure WW is for me and my body anymore..

Ha, what I would give to have such a little gain... Multiply that a couple of times and you'll have my (totally undeserved) gain this week... :(

Taz are you sure you weighed in right, that does seem incredible?
    Are you weighing yourself at home or are you going to meetings?

if at home are you sure your scales are ok?
    If at a meeting what did your leader say to that gain - it doesn't seem possible to gain that much in 1 week....

maybe it's something to do with blood sugar levels?
    I have to say it does seem incredible....

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Oh God, I'm a disaster. After my weekend away, the bad week before, I ended up getting a chinese last night and stuffed myself with sweets and wine! I stood on the scales this morning and was 4lb up.

I can't get my head in focus to get back on track. Got my next WI on Tuesday and really need to cop on :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Good morning all!

I feel like I'm back on track this week and although I'm dosed with a cold and feel like eating comfort food I'm at work and I had a boiled egg, mushrooms and an orange for breakfast.

I won't be exercising til I feel better again as it's bad for you to exercise when you're under the weather, but I just hope I can be good food-wise.

I just ordered the Hairy Dieters cookbook from Amazon - does anyone have it and is it any good?

Could do with trying some new food - feel like I'm stuck in a rut.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement