Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lost the run of myself completely over Christmas. Moving to England in a couple of weeks so I'm not rejoining until I settle in. Looking forward to a new plan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Thinking of rejoining is there a new plan out? If so any details on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭dasa29

yes there is a new plan it's called smart points and there is also a new plan called no count. the website has had a smart points calculator for the last few days and I have been comparing different items in terms of pro points to smart points and there is not much difference unless you are really in to chocolate.

"Smart Points™ value is based on calories, protein, saturated fat and sugar. It takes how your body processes food into account and takes the hard work out of making healthy, filling choices. It gives you credit for eating more lean protein and less sugar and saturated fat."

The only main difference is in the weekly points which as far as I know will be different to each person rather than the 49 everyone gets at the moment.

Posted by Toodles_27
    "Saw it today in paper 'smartpoints' Was very confusing but I'm sure if you're re-joining your leader will be well able to explain to you. I'll be sticking with my propoints and what I know. I'm not a fan of change, haha!"

I did see that and there is a bit more info on the website than was in the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I'm going back tomorrow and looking forward to hearing about these smart points, I don't mind change so much so it'll be interesting. Seems like we really need to start looking at our sweets and chocolate consumption though which is fine but just a bit of a mind change!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

I'm v upset curly wurlys are 6sp....they are my only treat.

• Advertisement

Any long term pro pointers switching to smart points now or sticking with propoints? :)

Toodles_27 wrote: »
    I'm v upset curly wurlys are 6sp....they are my only treat.

Ooo eeek :( I haven't read much about smart points yet, I am doing propointing at home myself so think I'm sticking to pro points for now espicially as a bit of a chocoholic :P and curly wurlys are viewed as a 'lighter' treat so I dread to think what the smart point value of others is :P probably double the propoint value based on curly wurly 3 Pp v 6 SP :(

Any long term pro pointers switching to smart points now or sticking with propoints? :)

Ooo eeek :( I haven't read much about smart points yet, I am doing propointing at home myself so think I'm sticking to pro points for now espicially as a bit of a chocoholic :P and curly wurlys are viewed as a 'lighter' treat so I dread to think what the smart point value of others is :P probably double the propoint value based on curly wurly 3 Pp v 6 SP :(

I'm sticking with propoints as it suits me and I know it works. Think the smartpoints penalises any sort of treats and processed food so you are making healthy choices all the time. I need my treats.....my curly wurly in the evening keeps me on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi all. I am a serial offender when it comes to WW but haven't been to a class in over 18 months. Gave Slimming World a try last year but it just doesn't work for me, much prefer the control you have with WW.

Joining back with my old leader tonight, can't wait, actually really looking forward to it.

I have at least 9 stone to lost but going to take it in increments of 2 stone :)

Hope you don't mind me joining in.

@Toodles 27
    Exactly my thinking too :)

@Monife
    Welcome aboard :) always good to do it in stages/goals, I know myself it makes it less 'daunting' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chaz donegal

Hi ALll,

This is my first post :)
    I'm rejoining tonight after a terrible 2015 food wise. need to loose 3 n half stone. Looking forward to the new plan might get me interested again!! I notice on pp I was wasting my pp and weeklies on choc and crisps so I m hoping for success on this plan. Cant believe curly wurly has gone upto 6sp.x

• Advertisement

Welcome ladies!

Great to have a forum for support and advice. Can I ask those that have rejoined, what's your daily smartpoints limit? And do you still get your weeklies? Just curious - I'm sticking to propoints for now.

@chazdonegal 4 years ago on the 18th Jan I walked into my first ww meeting. I had lost 3 1/2 stone and reached goal by July that year. I've put on 1st since then and that's what I'm out to shift now. Fingers crossed I'll get there in time for summer.

Onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭dasa29

Toodles_27 wrote: »
    I'm sticking with propoints as it suits me and I know it works. Think the smart points penalises any sort of treats and processed food so you are making healthy choices all the time. I need my treats.....my curly wurly in the evening keeps me on track.

hi the website has a smart points calculator and I looked at a few things this is what I got when comparing them.
    pro points : smart points
    crumbed ham 100g ---: 2 : 2
    breaded chicken fillet 175g ---: 8 : 7
    Tayto cheese onion 25g ---- : 4 : 4
    hula hoops c&o 24g
    : 3 : 4
    Dark Choc digest 1 bis ---- : 2 : 4
    double choc cookie 1 bis ---- :3 : 5

I wont know my smart points limit till tomorrow when I get back to class but I don't think there will be much difference, as for the weekly's they are changing. Rather than the 49 you get at the moment you will get a multiple of points from 7 to 49(not sure how low it could be) but it will be 7 X Z to get total. plus we were told in December that the scales will give you the total daily and weekly smart points you have based on height, weight and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Hi all, joined ww yesterday and tried to download the app but it seems it is only available in th uk. V disappointed with this, can anyone recommend a different one that would track and let me create my favourite meals etc?

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Hi all, The run up to Christmas was a total disaster for me, if it wasn't nailed down I ate it:P Anyway my clothes are getting tighter and I know if I don't do something now Ill have a very big problem in a couple of months, it takes me months to lose it but I can easily put up 7 or more pounds over a weekend. So Im going back this morning, not looking forward to it but I know I'll be happier next week.

Happy New Year to everyone and welcome to everyone who has rejoined or joined. May we all have a lighter year:)

Onwards and Downwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ana G

Hi all newbie here :) .... going back to WW today after a long long time away! I lost 5.5 stone 5 years ago and slowly 2 stone have crept back up so its do or die time again now. Strangely excited about getting back on the wagon again lol .....

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

So I went back yesterday and I was up 2 since before Christmas which means I'm 12 pounds off goal. I'm determined to get the €50 voucher so I'm aiming for 10 pounds in 8 weeks, definitely doable. It'd be free for me then too as well so wohoo.

Is anyone else finding it hard to use up all their Smart points if they don't snack on "bold" food?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

So I went back yesterday and I was up 2 since before Christmas which means I'm 12 pounds off goal. I'm determined to get the €50 voucher so I'm aiming for 10 pounds in 8 weeks, definitely doable. It'd be free for me then too as well so wohoo.

Is anyone else finding it hard to use up all their Smart points if they don't snack on "bold" food?

Best of luck with the weight loss :). I returned this week and am still getting my head around smart points... Stupid question but are diet drinks 0 smart points? I can't see anything in the book!!

Also is there a list online for where the €50 can be used (if we qualify of course)

Yes. I planned my food for today last night and I was only getting 24 SP and I have 42 SP dailies. But I'm sick today and asked my husband to get bread as it's all I have the energy for and he got batch bread :O 5 SP. So I think I will hit the dailies no prob if I'm having cheese on toast for lunch and dinner.

Has anyone been able to download an app to count smart points (iphone 5) - I can't see it in app store.

TIA Ana

Has anyone been able to download an app to count smart points (iphone 5) - I can't see it in app store. Went back to WW today and have a daily smartpoints of 30 and a weekly of 35 with 2 stone to loose. Doesn't seem that different to counting propoints other than obviously the points value of foods have changed.

TIA Ana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Hi all, I'm wondering with the new Smartpoints plan, would it make sense to start a new thread?

I too started back last night, and I know the hit on chocolate is going to be so hard for me. I know I'm going to be short smartpoints these evening, but I gave in an had a curly wurly in the afternoon.
    Need to get more organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Well I went to my weigh in and it was definitly the scale of shame:( :( Anyway here's to a new start. Trying to get my head around the smart points now.

Onwards and Downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cinnabon

Hi All,

I rejoined (again!) and really hope to follow the plan and get the results. I have so much weight to lose that I can't even believe it.
    Day one went very well, need to figure out the points for all of my usuals so I won't need to count them.

Cookie_Dough, I asked the leader and it looks like all diet drinks are 0 points. It's a massive difference compared to 8 smartpoints for a can of coke!

Anyway, good luck to all, we can do it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

cinnabon wrote: »
    Hi All,

I rejoined (again!) and really hope to follow the plan and get the results. I have so much weight to lose that I can't even believe it.
    Day one went very well, need to figure out the points for all of my usuals so I won't need to count them.

Cookie_Dough, I asked the leader and it looks like all diet drinks are 0 points. It's a massive difference compared to 8 smartpoints for a can of coke!

Anyway, good luck to all, we can do it! :)

Hey, thanks for the reply. It's good to know they're still zero but I aim to try cut them out completely...

Best of luck with your weight loss! Stay motivated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭keepwalking

Hi all

I've been a lurker on this and many other threads on boards for a long time, so I thought it was about time I signed up, with an appropriate username :)!

I rejoined WW last July (having previously lost 17 lbs 7 years ago) and have lost a stone so far, which is about half way to my goal. Like a lot of you here, I'm just starting to get my head around SmartPoints and have great plans to get organised food wise this weekend! The old Filling and Healthy tended to work for me so I may go with No Count, but I'll see how the next few weeks go.

Thanks for all the information I've gotten from this thread recently and in the past and best of luck to everyone this week! :)

Welcome to all the new posters :) nice to see more people posting here as it can be a great resource for help and motivation :)

Let's make 2016 our year to reach our weight loss targets :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Great to see the thread warming up again. Welcome to all the new people!
    I am not back to meetings until next month, so I am in the dark just yet, about the new plan. Will be looking forward to it.

Wishing everyone all the best, and here's to a lighter New Year for every one of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭keepwalking

Thanks for the welcome LynnGrace and Luminious, hopefully I'll be able to contribute usefully!

I'm spending my evening perusing recipes and SmartPoint programme information and am feeling very positive right now. Bring on zumba in the morning! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Pretty much maintained over Christmas, I'm happy enough with that! Gained 0.8lbs overall which shouldn't take long to lose.

I am really not liking Smart Points however. I get 30 a day, which I think is the lowest they go. I've been counting calories just to see how much I'm actually eating, and it's coming in at 900-1200 a day. Not good :( I feel hungry and deprived and finding it really tough to exercise, so I've been going over my points, but that makes me feel crappy and I start losing all my focus.

Seriously considering ditching WW at the end of the month, and either switching to an app that will let me use the older point system, or just switching to MyFitnessPal. The old system felt like I could take a balanced approach. The new points feel like a starvation diet.

• Advertisement

AmyPL wrote: »
    Pretty much maintained over Christmas, I'm happy enough with that! Gained 0.8lbs overall which shouldn't take long to lose.

I am really not liking Smart Points however. I get 30 a day, which I think is the lowest they go. I've been counting calories just to see how much I'm actually eating, and it's coming in at 900-1200 a day. Not good :( I feel hungry and deprived and finding it really tough to exercise, so I've been going over my points, but that makes me feel crappy and I start losing all my focus.

Seriously considering ditching WW at the end of the month, and either switching to an app that will let me use the older point system, or just switching to MyFitnessPal. The old system felt like I could take a balanced approach. The new points feel like a starvation diet.

If you use your points wisely or plan meals properly, you shouldn't be hungry. Fruit and nearly all veg are free, a chicken breast is only 2 SP. Still getting my head around it myself but I think it's really doable with properp planning.

Advertisement