Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭keepwalking

Might No Count be a runner for you AmyPL? I know it's quite restrictive in some ways and depends on your personal taste in food, but the fact that you can eat more if you're finding your intake very low appeals to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Absolutely kicking myself. I slept in and missed all but 5 mins of my meeting so I missed the whole explanation of smart points! Trying to figure it out from the books now.

I've been sick this last week. Antibiotics and bed, no appetite at all. But 5.5lbs down today :O

• Registered Users Posts: 21 corkgirl111

So starting the new plan tomorrow after todays meeting. Going to take some getting used to. On 35 weeklies at the moment but was told the lowest possible weeklies is 14! All based on weight and height etc..hope I never have to have that little weeklies because it sounds so low! Looking forward to the week ahead and getting stuck into the new plan :)

I think a yorkie is 14!! No chinese treats for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chaz donegal

14 weeklies I couldn't survive on that 😭 Is 30 sp dailies the lowest ? Day 4 of sp and I'm doing well I'm on 42 weeklies though so don't know how I'd manage on less!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Stuck to plan all week. Was down 4lbs on Friday morning. Am back up those 4lbs this morning! Had a Chinese on Friday night but used mostly dailies and only 8weeklies for it. Not time of the month.
    So infuriating. Am really demotivated and disappointed. No loss on week 1. Unheard of. 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Toodles_27 wrote: »
    Stuck to plan all week. Was down 4lbs on Friday morning. Am back up those 4lbs this morning! Had a Chinese on Friday night but used mostly dailies and only 8weeklies for it. Not time of the month.
    So infuriating. Am really demotivated and disappointed. No loss on week 1. Unheard of. 😭

Dont lose heart. Wait and see for your weigh in. You could be retaining water from all the salt in the chinese. Weight can fluctuate so much, you only get a true idea how you're doing on a monthly basis.

Monife wrote: »
    Dont lose heart. Wait and see for your weigh in. You could be retaining water from all the salt in the chinese. Weight can fluctuate so much, you only get a true idea how you're doing on a monthly basis.

I agree with Monife. I'd recommend giving the plan and yourself a chance toodles. Personally, I don't go near scales between weigh ins and try to think beyond week to week. An example was my last weigh in before Christmas, I was down 2.5 and had been on the tear for a good bit of the week. However, in the weeks previous to that, I'd been doing lots of exercise (well for me anyway - walking every day and 2/3 zumba classes a week) and I think that's what that loss reflected, not what I'd just done in the few days beforehand.

Best of luck :-)

Has anyone found ANY guidance on SP for Chinese food? rice, sauce ...anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

keesa wrote: »
    Has anyone found ANY guidance on SP for Chinese food? rice, sauce ...anything?

I bought the Eating Out book mainly for info on Chinese. Very disappointing

• Advertisement

They were sold out at mine. Does it have anything like Thai even you could guess from?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

AmyPL wrote: »
    Pretty much maintained over Christmas, I'm happy enough with that! Gained 0.8lbs overall which shouldn't take long to lose.

I am really not liking Smart Points however. I get 30 a day, which I think is the lowest they go. I've been counting calories just to see how much I'm actually eating, and it's coming in at 900-1200 a day. Not good :( I feel hungry and deprived and finding it really tough to exercise, so I've been going over my points, but that makes me feel crappy and I start losing all my focus.

Seriously considering ditching WW at the end of the month, and either switching to an app that will let me use the older point system, or just switching to MyFitnessPal. The old system felt like I could take a balanced approach. The new points feel like a starvation diet.

Hi Amypl don't lose heart if it doesn't suit you then go back to propoints it works and I have never felt hungry on it.. My last weigh in was on December 2nd and I reached goal started on September 9th and lost 17 1/2 pounds. I'm weighing in tomorrow for the first time since reaching goal I know I have about 3ibs to lose and to be honest I have no interest in smart points at all if the propoints work for me then im sticking to it don't want the bother of working out new pointing system if your new then I can see the point otherwise I feel from looking at the thread no one really has the hang of it yet and its just another thing to make the journey harder so instead of ditching WW maybe just try a week at the old propoints system and see how you get on.. the thread here will have a lot of references to the new system but like me some people are sticking to the old way and the web is full of propoint values so if I'm ever stuck I just google it. Good luck hope it works out for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Hi all, I haven't posted for a while but have been following the thread. Been trying to keep myself on the straight & narrow myself as I haven't had time to get to any class in a few months. Was hoping to get back in a couple of weeks though as I know it will help me lose the last 10-12 lbs that I want to lose. Does anyone know if you have to do the smartpoints or can you still go to class & get your propoint allowance? I'm so used to the propoints after so many years, really don't think I would get used to it!

granniecaz wrote: »
    Hi all, I haven't posted for a while but have been following the thread. Been trying to keep myself on the straight & narrow myself as I haven't had time to get to any class in a few months. Was hoping to get back in a couple of weeks though as I know it will help me lose the last 10-12 lbs that I want to lose. Does anyone know if you have to do the smartpoints or can you still go to class & get your propoint allowance? I'm so used to the propoints after so many years, really don't think I would get used to it!

I think classes have completely moved over to SmartPoints granniecaz. However, I did hear people at my meeting today saying they were sticking with ProPoints for the moment and there was one person who is still using Points from years ago, so I'd say it is a matter for yourself really, if you're happy to continue with them?

I was down 0.5 today, which is the first small step on the second half of my journey to goal, so I'm happy with that :) My focus is renewed and I'm getting plenty of exercise in, so here's to a good week! Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Joolsie

After been up 7.5 lbs last week, I know I'm up this week again as had a girls weekend away in England and rather than sit there and have to listen to some of my jealous friends tell me I'm being a right bore, I let down my guard a little but I enjoyed myself. Now I tried to behave where possible but it’s hard on weekends like that especially when drink is involved. I avoided the late night visits to the chippers on the way home so that’s something anyway.

Starting fresh RIGHT NOW.

I got some bad news yesterday and I went a bit over but I'm still JUST under my weeklies. I'm really trying to convince myself not to get another takeaway. Only 4lbs above goal!

keesa wrote:
    I got some bad news yesterday and I went a bit over but I'm still JUST under my weeklies. I'm really trying to convince myself not to get another takeaway. Only 4lbs above goal!

Hope you didn't give in Keesa. Think about why you started to lose weight and get healthy in the first place. I need to get that mantra embedded in to my head after the month I've had ☺ we all meet obstacles along the road but we're hear to support you and help you stay on the straight and narrow. New start tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

Hi All,
    Some of you people doing great! Keesa, you are fab! four off goal is where I would love to be now.
    Have been on/off member for years, have lost 1/2 lb short of two stone, another 1 1/2 to go, roughly.
    Had a WI last night, having tracked for 5 days on the new smartpoints plan, had been bold one night, and still managed to lose 2 1/2 pounds. Liked the plan, love protein foods, and I think this could be good! Have to shed this now, or never!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chaz donegal

Lost 6.5lb at weigh in today absolutely delighted starting the gym tomorrow so hoping for another good week ahead😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Lost 3.5lb today :) first week. Would have liked a little more as usually lose 5-6lb on first week but on antibiotics so that might be affecting it.

• Advertisement

Great losses Chaz donegal and Monife, well done! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Down 2.5lbs, delighted with that now. I really stuck to the plan but enjoyed my food too so it wasn't that hard. I must say I'm loving Smart Points. Anyone that is saying they aren't changing just give it a go as you might like it.

Well done on the losses everyone, some fab ones here!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cinnabon

Well done on the losses everyone!

I just completed 1st week and had a weigh in yesterday, I'm down 9.5lbs. I'm delighted but also scared because every success is making me more lazy (not my first time on WW), so I need to be extra cautious and focused this week. I have 7 stone to lose so my journey will be really long.

I feel great today and meeting friend for lunch, keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have a lovely day guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ana G

Had my weigh in yesterday and lost 8.5lbs my first week on smartpoints :) I know its the first week so usually have a reasonable weightloss but very happy with this - didn't find that different to propoints other than I find Im probably eating healthier for some reason. Only another 19.5lbs to go ....

Wow! Incredible losses!! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

@ Cinnabon @ Ana G,

That is an absolutely fantastic result for you both! This thread is great.
    Having my second WI on smartpoints on Monday, have pointed every bit of every label, remained within daily and weekly allowance, should be very interesting to see how I get on. I like the plan so far, do not feel deprived at all.
    Only thing is, getting used to 28 rather than 49 weekly allowance. It seems a lot less to play around with.
    They are really penalizing for high sugar content. Seems to be the enemy more than saturated fat was ever considered to be. Going to try some of the recipes.
    Keep going, everyone!

I've lost 3stone 10 since May, have put on 10 pounds like the middle of December. Just can't seem to get my mojo back. I'm grand during the day, it's the evening it's hitting me. Funny thing is I've given advice before to people who were in the same position as me now when I was flying with my weightloss but now I can't even take heed of my own advice. Ahh it's never ending

• Registered Users Posts: 21 corkgirl111

Well done everyone on the losses! How is everyone doing on smartpoints? I did no count this week so didnt calculate points for most things I ate. Treated myself as part of my weeklies to a TINY tube of mini eggs and was shocked later when I worked them out to be 11 smartpoints!! One third of my weeklies gone in that tiny tube. Has anyone found any chocolate/treats that are low in smartpoints? Curly wurlys are now 6 smartpoints which is very high as well I think.

Arghhh WI in an hour and I've weighed at home this morning. I've put on 2lb over night it seems!! So unfair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Hey, I had my weigh in on Thursday and I was 6lb down. I have been a member of weight watchers for years and this has been my biggest weekly loss ever. It was a cross between shock and a woohoo moment.

Still finding it hard to get my head around the smartpoints. Hope everyone has a good week.

Onwards and Downwards:)

Advertisement