Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Zanablue wrote: »
    Hey, I had my weigh in on Thursday and I was 6lb down. I have been a member of weight watchers for years and this has been my biggest weekly loss ever. It was a cross between shock and a woohoo moment.

Still finding it hard to get my head around the smartpoints. Hope everyone has a good week.

Onwards and Downwards:)

Was that a normal week or are you getting back on plan after a bit of a blip? That's a huge loss, I'm just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

keesa wrote: »
    Was that a normal week or are you getting back on plan after a bit of a blip? That's a huge loss, I'm just curious

Like i said it was a total shock, I usually only lose a pound or two a week if even that. My biggest loss before that would have been 4lb a few years ago and that was a one off as well.

Like i said it was a total shock, I usually only lose a pound or two a week if even that. My biggest loss before that would have been 4lb a few years ago and that was a one off as well.

But it was just a normal week? Like, you've been following the plan? I usually only lose 1-2 thinking about giving sp a try

Keesa, Good luck with your weigh in. Your scale might be totally different to the weight watchers scale.

keesa wrote: »
    But it was just a normal week? Like, you've been following the plan? I usually only lose 1-2 thinking about giving sp a try

I have been following the plan on and off for a while, I never really left weight watchers. I can have weeks where I really follow the plan and I might lose a half pound or stay the same but lately I had been going up and down.

• Advertisement

Thanks but it's usually right :( I'm coming up to my time of the month and I usually gain about 3lbs really fast and then drop it really fast after but this time it's pushing me out of my 5lb limit so I'll have to pay. I'm a gold member. To be fair too I didnt follow the plan well this week either

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Hi everyone,

Sticking with filling and healthy for another couple of weeks as I have a few things coming up, hoping to try SP after that as the results are really impressive so far!

Does anybody know if hovis crumpets see still on the bread list for F&H?

+5... I'm up. But I'm definitely not up that much. I'd feel that! My clothes wouldn't fit! Between that and being down 5.5 last week I'm pretty certain her scales are wrong. Mine are always within a pound of the meeting too and I did not eat enough for FIVE POUNDS!

Just got added and blocked from the gold members group on fb... no idea why!

Anyway just batch cooked 14 dinners! Onwards and Downwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hey, I had my weigh in on Thursday and I was 6lb down. I have been a member of weight watchers for years and this has been my biggest weekly loss ever. It was a cross between shock and a woohoo moment.

Still finding it hard to get my head around the smartpoints. Hope everyone has a good week.

Well done, brilliant loss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Weigh in on Wednesday and down a pound so 3.5lbs in 2 weeks, love this new plan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi all. Forgot to post my first weigh in, was down 3.5lb and same again this week so down 7lb in 2 weeks. Delighted as I'm on meds and painkillers for rheumatoid arthritis and was on antibiotics last week so really really happy I reached 1/2 a stone in 2 weeks. Long may it last. Had dinner and drinks out this evening but think I'm covered with weeklies so hope I'll be down this week too.

Loving the freedom of WW. Slimmimg World just didn't work for me at all!

Hey All, I went to my weigh in on Thursday and I was another half pound down. I am on Antibiotics and steroids so Im delighted with any loss. Everyone seems to be doing so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

Delighted to see Boards back up and running! Missed it.

Everyone seems to be doing brilliantly this week, but I am struggling. Always hovering just below that two stone loss mark, can't seem to break through it.

Was up 1 pound last week (monday) and was devastated, as I had not gone outside my points allowance. No hormonal issues responsible this time round, so don't understand.

Have had four good days of tracking this week, still W/E to go had terrible sugar cravings yesterday, and gave in to the last of the Christmas biscuits, I am afraid to say. Hopefully, won't show on scales next Monday. However, back tracking normally today

On the plus side, I will have done 6 50-minute intensive walks (5 kms) this week, so if I don't get to my 2 stone target on Monday, I am afraid of getting disillusioned and quitting. Fast forward 6 months and two stone (nearly) back on, feeling miserable, guilty and back to WW with tail between legs.

Really want to get to Goal this time....

Hope everyone has a good W/E!!

Everyone seems to be doing brilliantly this week, but I am struggling. Always hovering just below that two stone loss mark, can't seem to break through it.

Was up 1 pound last week (monday) and was devastated, as I had not gone outside my points allowance. No hormonal issues responsible this time round, so don't understand.

Have had four good days of tracking this week, still W/E to go had terrible sugar cravings yesterday, and gave in to the last of the Christmas biscuits, I am afraid to say. Hopefully, won't show on scales next Monday. However, back tracking normally today

On the plus side, I will have done 6 50-minute intensive walks (5 kms) this week, so if I don't get to my 2 stone target on Monday, I am afraid of getting disillusioned and quitting. Fast forward 6 months and two stone (nearly) back on, feeling miserable, guilty and back to WW with tail between legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Joolsie

How're you doing now Picturehangup? I'm struggling big time, have a good day followed by a bag day followed by a good day and so on. It's biscuits I'm craving and didn't crave biscuits at all when I started ww. Suppose I'm still trying to get over the dreaded sugar rush that Christmas was. I've put on nearly a stone since December, it's so easy to pile back on. I've bought a few items in smaller sizes to get me going again. 1st of Feb is next Monday so I'm hoping against hope I'll be over the cravings and ready to roll 😀😀😀

I went for my weigh in today and I was up 1 and half, I have been losing the plot lately so maybe its the kick in the arse I need.

Anyway good luck everyone for the week ahead. Onwards and downwards:)

Zanablue, do not get disheartened. I only lost half a pound this week, having gained one the previous week.
    I seem to be hovering, and not really gaining much ground.

Zanablue, do not get disheartened. I only lost half a pound this week, having gained one the previous week.

Thanks, I was sick all last week and on steroids so I was half expecting to be up. But I have found in the past that if I keep going to the meetings and keep trying, something eventually clicks and I start to lose again.

Keep going we will get there in the end and thanks again for the support.

• Advertisement

@Joolsie,

I missed breakfast some days, seems to make a difference, as when I got to work, I was ravenous, developed sugar craving, and demolished 4 custard creams! Was raging afterwards. I think breakfast to get the metabolism going is the answer. I also found myself picking at brazil nuts (love 'em!).
    Doing fine yesterday and today, WI is on Monday, got monthly, so should be down, fingers crossed.
    @zanablue,
    Steroids definitely will cause you to retain. Hope you are feeling better now. Nasty doses doing the rounds, I have been lucky to avoid, no doubt because of higher intake of fruit an veggies, hence improved immune system.

picturehangup

@Joolsie,

I missed breakfast some days, seems to make a difference, as when I got to work, I was ravenous, developed sugar craving, and demolished 4 custard creams! Was raging afterwards. I think breakfast to get the metabolism going is the answer. I also found myself picking at brazil nuts (love 'em!).
    Doing fine yesterday and today, WI is on Monday, got monthly, so should be down, fingers crossed.
    @zanablue,
    Steroids definitely will cause you to retain. Hope you are feeling better now. Nasty doses doing the rounds, I have been lucky to avoid, no doubt because of higher intake of fruit an veggies, hence improved immune system.

picturehangup

Tried using the new smartpoints calculator on the weightwatchers Ireland site.
    Had used it successfully up to a few days ago, but now it seems that we need an access code to open it, which should be provided by our leaders. I have not been aware of this, and was not informed of this at last meeting. How are we to properly implement the new SP plan if we cannot work out smartpoints from packaging/labels. Just had a low cal sambo in M&S earlier, and could not find out how many points were in it. Anyone got any information to share? Would be grateful.
    Onwards and downwards, everyone!

Tried using the new smartpoints calculator on the weightwatchers Ireland site.
    Had used it successfully up to a few days ago, but now it seems that we need an access code to open it, which should be provided by our leaders. I have not been aware of this, and was not informed of this at last meeting. How are we to properly implement the new SP plan if we cannot work out smartpoints from packaging/labels. Just had a low cal sambo in M&S earlier, and could not find out how many points were in it. Anyone got any information to share? Would be grateful.
    Onwards and downwards, everyone!

Tried using the new smartpoints calculator on the weightwatchers Ireland site. Had used it successfully up to a few days ago, but now it seems that we need an access code to open it, which should be provided by our leaders. I have not been aware of this, and was not informed of this at last meeting. How are we to properly implement the new SP plan if we cannot work out smartpoints from packaging/labels. Just had a low cal sambo in M&S earlier, and could not find out how many points were in it. Anyone got any information to share? Would be grateful. Onwards and downwards, everyone!

First I've heard about a code to use the password but I missed class last week, thought I might be able to get some control back and lose a bit of the weight I put on the week before before going to class Tuesday coming but sure I've gone in the opposite direction and put more on. Has anyone ever been in one these ruts where you just keep eating for no reason and how the hell do I pull myself back out of it because if I don't I'm going to be back where I started and worse. PLEASE HELP

I find it so hard to use the new plan! Everything is so high in points and I only have 4 more, and much less weeklies! And it's so hard to point anything you don't make yourself. I got the eat out guide. It's very expensive and has no info on common foods like Chinese for example. I just checked the m&s page to see if I could give you an idea of the sandwiches but no mention of any in it!

I'm in a rut too. I've had a tough month so I found I was binging on sweets constantly. And the weight just kept going up. Otherwise I'm ok foodwise except sweets. So until I cop on and get back on track im off sweets. Not my usual approach but I need to get the cravings out of my system too

Otherwise I use cheap lipstick or you can get a whiteboard maker in a newsagents for about 3 euro. And I write my goal for the week on my mirror where I get ready. Then when I get tempted I just think 1 and a half pounds. 1 and a half pounds!! It helps keep me focused. Or stars for each pound to goal and I can rub them out when they're gone

keesa wrote:
    I find it so hard to use the new plan! Everything is so high in points and I only have 4 more, and much less weeklies! And it's so hard to point anything you don't make yourself. I got the eat out guide. It's very expensive and has no info on common foods like Chinese for example. I just checked the m&s page to see if I could give you an idea of the sandwiches but no mention of any in it!

keesa wrote:
    I'm in a rut too. I've had a tough month so I found I was binging on sweets constantly. And the weight just kept going up. Otherwise I'm ok foodwise except sweets. So until I cop on and get back on track im off sweets. Not my usual approach but I need to get the cravings out of my system too

keesa wrote:
    Otherwise I use cheap lipstick or you can get a whiteboard maker in a newsagents for about 3 euro. And I write my goal for the week on my mirror where I get ready. Then when I get tempted I just think 1 and a half pounds. 1 and a half pounds!! It helps keep me focused. Or stars for each pound to goal and I can rub them out when they're gone

It's never ending Keesa, I've started back walking now nearly every evening, it's just pure boredom with me. I've my weigh in now tomorrow so fresh start, the 1st day of spring and I know I've made a fresh start every day for the last month but this is it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chaz donegal

My leader emailed us today and said the password is SmartPoints (make sure you put in capital S and capital P)

Hi Joolsie and everyone,

Yes, it is easy to get stuck in a rut. This week, I am letting NO goodies whatsoever inside the front door.
    Have been eating a bit of dark chocolate today, and I am raging, as WI tomorrow night. Did walk a good bit, so hopefully will save my bacon!!
    Going to be tough in the shops, just won't buy it if not on the plan. And I agree with you Keesa, the points seem to vanish before you know where you are. I liked the mix and match options for breakfast lunch and dinner in the propoints material, but not really very fond of the presentation of options in the new materials. Weeklies are gone before you can say 'Jackflash'! Fresh start tomorrow!!

picturehangup

• Advertisement

Hi Joolsie and everyone,

Yes, it is easy to get stuck in a rut. This week, I am letting NO goodies whatsoever inside the front door.
    Have been eating a bit of dark chocolate today, and I am raging, as WI tomorrow night. Did walk a good bit, so hopefully will save my bacon!!
    Going to be tough in the shops, just won't buy it if not on the plan. And I agree with you Keesa, the points seem to vanish before you know where you are. I liked the mix and match options for breakfast lunch and dinner in the propoints material, but not really very fond of the presentation of options in the new materials. Weeklies are gone before you can say 'Jackflash'! Fresh start tomorrow!!

picturehangup

Advertisement