Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi all,

I havent been on in a while as I've been so busy at work.

I had a gain of .5lbs last friday which I was ok with seeing as I'd had a wedding and not a very good week exercise or work wise.

Unfortunately, the long weekend did me no favours and I ate and drank all round me. Weigh in is tomorrow morning. I have been good since Tuesday morning and went to spin yesterday and will go today and tomorrow so I am hoping to only have a small gain but I know I deserve more. Its very comforting coming on here to see that other people have had bad weeks too but have pulled it back. Its good to know I'm not the only one who loses self control on occasion!

Anyway, I bought some treats for the trick or treaters and then none came to my apartment! So now I have 4 bags of sweets leering at me!! After checking though I realised that the little candy bars and packets of jelly sweets from Lidl are only 2pp each. The mini kitkats are 2pp. Beware though the Malteasers are 3pp which is unfortunate as they are my favourite. Its nice though to have some low pp "real chocolate" as the ww bars can lose their appeal after a while.

I have another busy weekend this weekend with a party Friday night and Muse Saturday. I think I will have a few drinks at the party and go teetotal Saturday as I will not need any help in enjoying Muse! I will try to make spin one day too.

Oh last thing, has anyone seen the WW chocolate digestive biscuits anywhere besides Super Valu? That's where I got them before but there isn't one near me.

Have a great WW week everyone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Lormuz wrote: »
    Taz are you sure you weighed in right, that does seem incredible?
    Are you weighing yourself at home or are you going to meetings?

if at home are you sure your scales are ok?
    If at a meeting what did your leader say to that gain - it doesn't seem possible to gain that much in 1 week....

maybe it's something to do with blood sugar levels?
    I have to say it does seem incredible....

I weighed in at a meeting, I'd usually weigh in on a Monday at half 6 but had to weigh in on Tuesday at half 6 due to the bank holiday this week.. The leader wasn't my regular leader so she wasn't really much help. I think she was a bit shocked herself too as she got me to step down off the scales and step back up to double check.. She asked if I was on antibiotics and other sorta stuff, none of which I am! I expected a gain alright but surely that much due to 3 bad days isn't possible! The only thing I can think of is the tearing and building up of new muscles/water retention with starting back the gym last week. Also, I went to the meeting with wet hair, don't know how much of a difference that would make though... I dunno I'm baffled! :confused:

Taz1 wrote: »
    I weighed in at a meeting, I'd usually weigh in on a Monday at half 6 but had to weigh in on Tuesday at half 6 due to the bank holiday this week.. The leader wasn't my regular leader so she wasn't really much help. I think she was a bit shocked herself too as she got me to step down off the scales and step back up to double check.. She asked if I was on antibiotics and other sorta stuff, none of which I am! I expected a gain alright but surely that much due to 3 bad days isn't possible! The only thing I can think of is the tearing and building up of new muscles/water retention with starting back the gym last week. Also, I went to the meeting with wet hair, don't know how much of a difference that would make though... I dunno I'm baffled! :confused:

Taz, do you feel it yourself as in your clothes and general feeling because I'm sure you would if it was an actual gain. It could be bloating combined with restarting at the gym and the 3 bad days.

I know it would be incredibly hard not to let it get you down and make you throw in the towel, but try to be as good as you can this week and see what is on the scales next week. It may all balance out.

Fingers crossed!

CavanGal wrote: »
    Taz, do you feel it yourself as in your clothes and general feeling because I'm sure you would if it was an actual gain. It could be bloating combined with restarting at the gym and the 3 bad days.

I know it would be incredibly hard not to let it get you down and make you throw in the towel, but try to be as good as you can this week and see what is on the scales next week. It may all balance out.

Fingers crossed!

I felt a tiny bit bigger around my midrif but it wouldnt be unusual for that to be in my head knowing that I've had a bad few days! My clothes don't feel any tighter or anything, the last time I was at that weight they would have. I'm on day 3 of my week, been super good so far, resisted all the treats last night, determined to have a good week to see what the story will be on the scales next week (even though it feels like ages away). Thanks for the encouragement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Hi guys,

I would love to join your thread. I did weight watchers 2 years ago for my wedding and lost almost 3 stone, I got to 10 stone 10lbs (BMI 26). After my wedding it slowly crept back on, but to be honest I was comfortable and happy with my body, I had done a lot of exercise and I liked my new shape.

We are trying for a baby at the minute, and so far everything looks good, except my weight, the doctor has recommended I loose 1.5 stone.

I am 5ft 5' and weigh (according to WW class scales) 12st 11lbs. I'm a medium build and about a size 14. So far so good, I have stuck to the plan for the last 2 days and started back spinning.

I know it's a tough road ahead, but willing to give it my best x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 The Resistance

Hi everyone,
    Delighted I found this place! I'm on my very first day of weight watchers only went to my first meeting last night.
    When I was weighed and saw I was just under 12 stone I actually nearly fell over, the denial was finally forced out of my brain! I'm 5 ft 6 and never been over 9-10 stone until about 2 years ago and if I don't do something now I'm going to keep getting bigger.
    But I'm finding it hard I guess that is normal?? I just realised I only have 7 points left for the whole day (total is 26 a day) and I'm starving!!
    No I'm not starving it's just old habits...I'm going to drink water and grit my teeth

Hi everyone,
    Delighted I found this place! I'm on my very first day of weight watchers only went to my first meeting last night.
    When I was weighed and saw I was just under 12 stone I actually nearly fell over, the denial was finally forced out of my brain! I'm 5 ft 6 and never been over 9-10 stone until about 2 years ago and if I don't do something now I'm going to keep getting bigger.
    But I'm finding it hard I guess that is normal?? I just realised I only have 7 points left for the whole day (total is 26 a day) and I'm starving!!
    No I'm not starving it's just old habits...I'm going to drink water and grit my teeth

Hi Resistance and Welcome to the Wonderful World of Weight Watchers ;)

Did your leader tell you that you have 26 points? My calculator app says you should have 28. Im 5"5 and 11.12 stone and that's what I am on. And believe me 2 points extra a day makes a huge difference!

Good luck on your WW journey and be sure to come on here often as everyone here is very supportive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Wow. Yesterday there was a bake sale which I stayed well clear of and today someone has put a big fat chocolate cake in the kitchen (which I am also avoiding like the plague). I think Jesus had it easier than this in the desert lol So has anyone got a weight wall like me??? I was always about 9 - 9 and a 1/2 stone until about 3 years ago. Then I gave up smoking and moved in with the fella and ballooned up to over 12 stone in about 6 months. Last year I got rid of just over a stone and stayed at 11 for weeks which is when I gave up. Over the last year I've gone up and down a few times with various efforts but always hit the 11 stone brick wall and can't get past it. I am there again now and just so determined to do it. Have eaten my 26pp all week and no weeklies even but psychologically I feel like I will never defeat it. Please tell me I am not the only one. It's not like 11 stone is even anywhere near my goal weight. I'm only 5'3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

anybody any idea to pro points for heineken bottles or pints ???

also if you have an iphone/android you have to download " ultimate value guide " my leader told me about this app and its like iwatchr but you can't get that one anymore , this has a barcode system aswell so just scan the item and brings up all the data

i just havn't any heineken at home to scan , so im trying to load up my database with stuff i have

anybody any idea to pro points for heineken bottles or pints ???

A heineken 330ml bottle is 5 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Ceoil_Cailin

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Wow. Yesterday there was a bake sale which I stayed well clear of and today someone has put a big fat chocolate cake in the kitchen (which I am also avoiding like the plague). I think Jesus had it easier than this in the desert lol So has anyone got a weight wall like me??? I was always about 9 - 9 and a 1/2 stone until about 3 years ago. Then I gave up smoking and moved in with the fella and ballooned up to over 12 stone in about 6 months. Last year I got rid of just over a stone and stayed at 11 for weeks which is when I gave up. Over the last year I've gone up and down a few times with various efforts but always hit the 11 stone brick wall and can't get past it. I am there again now and just so determined to do it. Have eaten my 26pp all week and no weeklies even but psychologically I feel like I will never defeat it. Please tell me I am not the only one. It's not like 11 stone is even anywhere near my goal weight. I'm only 5'3.

Your defo not the only one !! I am at a wall too that I am struggling to get passed. If we think of it lOgically, it is probably our bodies telling us that they are used to and have grown accustomed to what we are putting them through. So maybe we need to step it up a notch .... I know, easier said than done! I was just thinking about how to overcome this last night, and I am going to try incorporate running into my week as well as the gym. Not so easy in this weather though :(
    Keep going with it , keep your goal in mind and you will get there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Gggrrr. Those tins of flipping roses in work at this time of year are just a killer. I cannot seem to keep my hand out of them if I see one. Going to have to get a bit more willpower. It's such a waste of weeklies.
    Didn't make it to aerobics as planned tonight, as had to visit a relative in hosp... Going to do an exercise DVD before I go to bed instead

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Your defo not the only one !! I am at a wall too that I am struggling to get passed. If we think of it lOgically, it is probably our bodies telling us that they are used to and have grown accustomed to what we are putting them through. So maybe we need to step it up a notch .... I know, easier said than done! I was just thinking about how to overcome this last night, and I am going to try incorporate running into my week as well as the gym. Not so easy in this weather though :(
    Keep going with it , keep your goal in mind and you will get there :)

Have to agree u are def not on your own but maybe mix it up a bit exercise and food wise. Maybe start at the beginning again we are all so good the first few weeks then we get a bit relaxed about the whole thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I already had a big gain 7 weeks back due to antibiotics/hospital stay, in the form of 5lbs and I worked my butt off to get that weight off (took 5 weeks of being ridiculously strict). This time around my gain has been almost twice that amount after what was just 3 days of bad eating. I was super good the whole weekend leading up to it, rejoined the gym and replaced my walking with gym sessions earning myself a good few activity points... Its really not fair, I'm not sure WW is for me and my body anymore..

This is very strange and very unrealistic. There's no way you put on nearly 10lbs in ONE week! I put on a bit more than that during the summer and I could feel it in my clothes. I knew I had put it on no question and it showed, You would definitely feel it in your clothes if you had put on that much. After all 10lbs is supposed to be a dress size. Have you got a scale at home maybe take a look and see what you are now. I think see how your WI goes on Monday. If you don't have a significant loss then I would look at maybe trying different options. Its all about finding what works for you. I really wish I could be more help I know it can be very disheartening.
    CavanGal wrote: »

Anyway, I bought some treats for the trick or treaters and then none came to my apartment! So now I have 4 bags of sweets leering at me!!

Oh last thing, has anyone seen the WW chocolate digestive biscuits anywhere besides Super Valu?

That was the same as me. We had a meager 4 kids. Most of them are gone now thanks to my brother but I did have a few more than I should have :rolleyes:
    I have seen them in Superquinn as well.
    So has anyone got a weight wall like me??? I was always about 9 - 9 and a 1/2 stone until about 3 years ago.

Yep mine is about 11 stone 11 lbs. Just kept shifting a few lbs either side of it and couldn't get past it. Funny thing is I would love to be at that now. It was my pre-summer weight. I really wish I had better control over the summer but I learnt the hard way. My aim is to now get back to that and start afresh from there.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    This is very strange and very unrealistic. There's no way you put on nearly 10lbs in ONE week! I put on a bit more than that during the summer and I could feel it in my clothes. I knew I had put it on no question and it showed, You would definitely feel it in your clothes if you had put on that much. After all 10lbs is supposed to be a dress size. Have you got a scale at home maybe take a look and see what you are now. I think see how your WI goes on Monday. If you don't have a significant loss then I would look at maybe tryig different options. Its all about finding what works for you. I really wish I could be more help I know it can be very disheartening. .

I know, i only put on half that about after 2 very bad weeks on holidays during the summer
    So im baffled. To be honest im afraid t look at any scales for fear of confirmation that it is atrue figure., I've been in denial since. My plan is to be good for the week so that theres no variables, and to see how i get on with WI on Monday. Its made me reconsider the whole programme, i might find myself changing if it doesn't seem to be working for my body..

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I know, i only put on half that about after 2 very bad weeks on holidays during the summer
    So im baffled. To be honest im afraid t look at any scales for fear of confirmation that it is atrue figure., I've been in denial since. My plan is to be good for the week so that theres no variables, and to see how i get on with WI on Monday. Its made me reconsider the whole programme, i might find myself changing if it doesn't seem to be working for my body..

Wow yeah it seems very unlikely that you put that on in one week so I wouldn't worry too much!

I put about the same amount on in the last 2 months and I've been kicking myself about it - but one week? I'm sure it's just a glitch. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi all,
    I had a terrible week, was very good and walked every day of the bank hol weekend. But then ate and drank to make up for it. Which totally defeats the purpose of walking. Was very unorganised too for lunches which didn't help. I also had a flare up with my back since Tues so couldn't walk for too long.
    So as a result, I'm up 1 1/2 pounds. I'm quite annoyed really - I knew I'd be up and wasn't going to get weighed. I shouldn't have paid and just gone to the meeting.

ANYHOW, it's a new week. I'm not a great tracker so some help/ advice would be appreciated!!...
    So my general plan to keep me on track:
    • 2 boiled eggs or 2 weetabix for breakie (roughly 4 ppts)
    • Lunch - Baked potatoes (from M&S, 6 ppts for one); or cully & sully soup for 3ppts and 3 ryvita and 2 low low triangles (8ppts)
    • Dinner - M&S count on us meal or the fuller for longer ones (between 9 -10 ppts)

I think the M&S ready meals (whilst not the healthiest) will keep me on track?
    Going to avoid the alcohol this weekend, it really is my downfall. Need an excuse though as have a few parties on ??
    Thanks a mil,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Just got some extra lean mince, anyone any suggestions of something nice I can do with it?

I have been keeping to my 28 points every day, up to 19 so far today (so 9 for dinner), and weird, I had promised myself a couple of glasses of wine, but I'm nervous to touch the 49 points :o

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Hi all

Joined weight watchers again four weeks ago. Was previously a member and have lost 3 stone to date.
    Finding it very difficult to lose last little bit so joined again.
    So far have lost 7.5 lbs. But weigh in today I put on 1.5lbs ;( damn bank holiday weekend.
    Now im Currently weighing at 10;3.5.
    Target weight is 9;9.
    Can i get there in 5 weeks ??
    Need motivation !!!!!!!!

I wish i was 10 st 3.5.... that was my goal weight this time last year, and i did it.... but i've 7 pounds on since then so i'm trying to lose it again:(
    I started this time 5 weeks ago at 11 stone and am only down 4 pounds since then, its going very slow for me but then i'm not really into exercising so its my own fault.... I'm off to Paris on Thursday for a week with my husband for our anniversary and i'm dreading the weigh in after... my saving grace is that we will walk absolutely everywhere... And i will make smart choices, hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ohiknow

Hi everyone, lots of great info here so thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences. I joined weight watchers yesterday, it's all very daunting and a lot of adjustment needed. any advice for a newbie? :)

• Advertisement

dammitj wrote: »
    Wow yeah it seems very unlikely that you put that on in one week so I wouldn't worry too much!

I put about the same amount on in the last 2 months and I've been kicking myself about it - but one week? I'm sure it's just a glitch. ;)

Thats the worst thing, I've been going backwards all summer too and I finally got if off again and it just want back on like that in the space of a few days, we'll see Monday anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭1ehkrjq6x2opfm

Cripes!

It's been a while. I promised I'd post everyday to ensure I was keeping up with everyone and sticking to WW, but alas - work got in the way....and a little bit of laziness too.

I've been to three meetings since and down 3.5lbs since. Not too shabby considering the off days I had. Not long until the Xmas party season kicks off and I have a dress to fit into. I've managed to pick up a part time job that requires me to be on my feet a lot, so that'll keep me from snacking and lounging.

Glad to see the usual and some new faces here! Keep going peeps - it's worth it when you get to where you want to be.....right? :P

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

After reading about the hairy dieters cookbook on here i mentioned it to my OH and he only went and bought it for me today. He said he bought it so I keep cooking him delicious healthy food :D But im loving it. Gonna go through some of recipes in the morning and point them but I cant wait to try the chicken tanglepie and the crispy chicken!! Also fish stew and garlic croutons - all sounds so good.

Been a good week so far. Still have 34 weeklies left and going to treat myself to some popcorn tonight!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend :-)

After reading about the hairy dieters cookbook on here i mentioned it to my OH and he only went and bought it for me today. He said he bought it so I keep cooking him delicious healthy food :D But im loving it. Gonna go through some of recipes in the morning and point them but I cant wait to try the chicken tanglepie and the crispy chicken!! Also fish stew and garlic croutons - all sounds so good.

Been a good week so far. Still have 34 weeklies left and going to treat myself to some popcorn tonight!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend :-)

I'm going to point the meatballs tomorrow. And I'm looking forward to the chicken pie myself. Going to make it Wednesday when I'm off!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Oh help I have eaten all around me for a week now have a very sick little boy at home so am struggling to sort myself out and just in such a rut need a serious kick on the bum ;(

I made the crispy chicken tonight. Really easy and so yummy. Very flavoursome. Made wedges to go with. Delish. That recipe book is not getting a breather lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ck83 wrote: »
    I'm going to point the meatballs tomorrow. And I'm looking forward to the chicken pie myself. Going to make it Wednesday when I'm off!
    I made the crispy chicken tonight. Really easy and so yummy. Very flavoursome. Made wedges to go with. Delish. That recipe book is not getting a breather lol

Just spent the past 2 hours working my way through the book pointing all the recipes - im up to the pie section!! Replacing any oil they use with spray oil but so far everything is very reasonable - even if you added an extra propoint per serving for the oil if used! Very impressed!

Just spent the past 2 hours working my way through the book pointing all the recipes - im up to the pie section!! Replacing any oil they use with spray oil but so far everything is very reasonable - even if you added an extra propoint per serving for the oil if used! Very impressed!

I'm more impressed with your dedication than with the book!!

So the girls were getting a Chinese on the way home from an event yesterday and i managed to resist and make a beef stirfry while they ate their currys. Also munching on a big bowl of fruit and yogurt while the family have a fry this morning. But to be honest dont even know why im bothering!

• Advertisement

So the girls were getting a Chinese on the way home from an event yesterday and i managed to resist and make a beef stirfry while they ate their currys. Also munching on a big bowl of fruit and yogurt while the family have a fry this morning. But to be honest dont even know why im bothering!

It will all pay off in the end. I really admire your discipline. You're doing so well. Fair play!

Advertisement