Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

New to WW - first day on the plan and no grocery shopping until tomorrow! Need to pick up a kitchen scale as well!
    I was wondering how the active points work? Do you need a special piece of equipment to track your movement or what's the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Anyone know how many smart points in a bottle of Corona? And a bottle of Corona light?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Down 2.5lbs this week, chuffed with myself, hopefully this is me out of the "up a couple, down a couple" pattern that I got into there last month.

I don't use my activity points, I don't even point them. I'll just use my weeklies and dailies and ignore the activity ones. I mean obviously if I've something on I do probably end up using, I just try and plan not to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Lucy21

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have been with WW since Valentines Day (My Present to myself)
    Started out in Jan 5th weighing in at 15 Stone, lost a bit for a couple of weeks and then took the plunge to join WW on Valentines day at 14St 6lb and since then I have lost 13lbs so am pretty chuffed with WW Smart POints System and the Activity Points.

I just use my daily allowance and the weekly allowance - I don't break into my activity points at all.

I don't go to meetings - I joined the WW UK Online and find it great.

Long may I stay on the Wagon :-)

My Treat is to bake myself an Apple and Blueberry Tray Bake (on the WW Website its called an Apple and Cranberry but I just swopped them for Blueberry) and then I slice it up and pop it in little freezer bags so I always have a nice little treat if I feel like it - and its only 3 point s a slice (small slice mind you but still a treat) just pop in the microwave for 30 seconds and its lovely with a cup of tea :-)

Happy WW

LUCY XXX

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    New to WW - first day on the plan and no grocery shopping until tomorrow! Need to pick up a kitchen scale as well!
    I was wondering how the active points work? Do you need a special piece of equipment to track your movement or what's the story?

There should be a chart at the back of one of the first books. Some of the apps will calculate them for you too. It's a mix of your weight, the effort used and the duration.

I'm not going to get anywhere near my 6lb goal by easter but I'm mentally back in the game which is a huge part of it. Down 3 after last week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I'm thinking of signing up for 3 months WW online. I did Slimming World up to a few months ago but couldn't lose more than 2.5 stone on it. Anyone come over from SW to Smartpoints and would you recommend it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Lucy21

Dolbert wrote: »
    I'm thinking of signing up for 3 months WW online. I did Slimming World up to a few months ago but couldn't lose more than 2.5 stone on it. Anyone come over from SW to Smartpoints and would you recommend it?

Yes definitely - its so much easier - I could not get my head around Slimming World at all. WW Online is great but you do have to put in a UK Postcode otherwise they wont allow you to sign up (any random one will do and then just select pay by Pay Pal)

I have been on it 5 weeks and have lost under 1 stone :-) (13lbs to be precise with WW Online)

Best of Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Joolsie

ShindyB wrote: »
    Anyone know how many smart points in a bottle of Corona? And a bottle of Corona light?

A lot of drinks are pointed here. Hope it helps :):)

http://www.theskinnydoll.com/p/whats-point.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just signed up for 3 months online. Here goes nothing, maybe my weight loss will get moving again!

5lbs off in the first week!
    They gave us the Move book today, so going to have a snoop in it tomorrow morning!

• Advertisement

Well done! My first week was 5lbs too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Hi everyone :)

I am a target member of SW but I am considering joining WW, probably online because I don't think I want to go to a group. I would like to lose a bit more weight though but no matter what I do on SW, my weight isn't budging, it is only going up so I thought I would try something else.

Can someone give me their views on how they find WW and what is the best version of the plan to try out?

Vahevala wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

I am a target member of SW but I am considering joining WW, probably online because I don't think I want to go to a group. I would like to lose a bit more weight though but no matter what I do on SW, my weight isn't budging, it is only going up so I thought I would try something else.

Can someone give me their views on how they find WW and what is the best version of the plan to try out?

I've just switched from SW to WW because the consultant was absolutely beyond useless and the group was full of some very nasty people. The original plan was to give WW a week or two, and if it wasn't working out I was going to stick to the SW plan and just go to WW for the excellent group session.
    It requires (in my opinion) a lot more forethought than SW. I feel to be totally in control and prepare for any temptations, I need to have my whole day of eating planned at least the evening before! There's not an awful lot of info in the book you are provided with - most things that you would find in your SW book will need to be pointed online. A lot of the books, like the eating out and supermarket one will need to be bought separately to the one you are given on joining. The big plus is that exercise earns you back points that you can eat if you feel like it.
    You can and probably will find yourself feeling hungry compared to SW, especially since pasta, rice and spuds need to be weighed (and can take a lot of your points very easily!) so prepare to offset that with having plenty of low point soups and free fruit/veg to snack on through the day.

I personally try to keep my breakfast and lunch low in points (I like soup so I can get away with that for very close to 0 points) so that I can have a very filling dinner and have enough left over for nighttime snacking or some sugary treats if I don't feel too hungry.

Don't forget if you find restricted carbs hard(like me!) You can go on filling and healthy or whatever it's called now and just eat till youre full. It's more carb friendly.

I'm down another 1.5lbs today :) I finally feel like I'm back in control. That's 4.5 in 2 weeks. 5.5 til I'm back at goal, and only 3 til I'm back at my happy weight!

I was up 2.5 yesterday, completely deserved as lost the run of myself last week. Back at it now today, went for a 7k walk earlier and will point EVERYTHING! Even my hot cross bun I'm about to have ;-)

Gutted. I realised today my scales are wrong so I made it to a class. 4lbs higher than I thought. I could actually cry.

keesa wrote: »
    Gutted. I realised today my scales are wrong so I made it to a class. 4lbs higher than I thought. I could actually cry.

I've cried over weight watchers before, kinda released the annoyance and then gave me the kick up the arse I needed. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Haven't been on in a really long time lost almost 4 stone in 12/13 got pregnant in 15 and looked after myself during the pregnancy but did all the damage while at home for 6 months so not quite back at the start but not too far from it. Feel so crap this morning after totally pigging out over the weekend.
    SO NEW DAY NEW ME - Here we go again giving myself a tough target but I did it before and ill do it again. 16 weeks to 21st July I am going to loose 2 stone I know it sound a lot but I know if I knuckle down I can do it. Onwards and downwards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Haven't been on in a really long time lost almost 4 stone in 12/13 got pregnant in 15 and looked after myself during the pregnancy but did all the damage while at home for 6 months so not quite back at the start but not too far from it. Feel so crap this morning after totally pigging out over the weekend.
    SO NEW DAY NEW ME - Here we go again giving myself a tough target but I did it before and ill do it again. 16 weeks to 21st July I am going to loose 2 stone I know it sound a lot but I know if I knuckle down I can do it. Onwards and downwards :D

I think I'm going to join you in trying to lose 2 stone by July. I've had so much on lately that I have completely let myself go, I can put a stone on in a couple of weeks but it can take me months to lose it. Anyway Onwards and Downwards

Zanablue wrote: »
    I think I'm going to join you in trying to lose 2 stone by July. I've had so much on lately that I have completely let myself go, I can put a stone on in a couple of weeks but it can take me months to lose it. Anyway Onwards and Downwards

Oh Zanablue you and me both, I've put on a stone and a half since mid December. So annoyed and I keep trying to start again but I just fall mid week. I'm going to start again today and give myself one treat every day, otherwise I'll keep going crazy at the weekends. It's never ending.

• Advertisement

Zanablue, how are you getting on? I stayed the same this week, better than being up. Went to the gym after so in a good place. Hope everyone else's weigh-ins went well.

Joolsie wrote: »
    Zanablue, how are you getting on? I stayed the same this week, better than being up. Went to the gym after so in a good place. Hope everyone else's weigh-ins went well.

Hi Joolsie, Im not doing very well, have a lot going on at home and I have discovered that I am an emotional eater. I went up this week so your stay the same looks good to me. I think I am going to have to get on here more often especially when I need someone to tell me not to eat a sandwich or cake or whatever I have in a moment of weakness. The gas part about it is if I get upset I don't even taste the food, so I have to work on that.

Going to really try and watch myself this week because I can see myself getting bigger and I hate it. Glad your in a good place.x

Good luck to everyone with the weigh ins.

I was down 2.5 yesterday, I was bridesmaid on Friday and I think I was running around and then dancing so much that I did exercise without realising, went for a big walk with my dad Wednesday as well.

Zanablue, I've a friend I text if I'm going to eat something really off plan, can you have someone like that? I also tell people in work I've to pay them a fiver if I don't go exercise in the evening, makes me get out as I'm not doing that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 aug16

Hi everyone, am looking for a recent ww forum. I got to goal in Sept 2012 but now 1.5 stone over goal. Am back in ww a good while now but have just been messing! Finally focused and looking forward to getting back to goal. Looking for support and tips. Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 21 aug16

Just reading back over some of your posts. Seems like a great thread. Well done to.all of you. I didn't go last weds and was away at weekend so not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow but am finally back on track and pointing, tracking etc so really going give this a good go now. Have 2 confirmations this weekend but not going let that put me off. Best of luck to you all xx

aug16 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, am looking for a recent ww forum. I got to goal in Sept 2012 but now 1.5 stone over goal. Am back in ww a good while now but have just been messing! Finally focused and looking forward to getting back to goal. Looking for support and tips. Thanks x

Hi Aug16, Welcome, you will get plenty of support here. Good luck on your journey:)

Hey everyone, I had my weigh in this morning and I was 1lb down. I was very good last week and would have liked it to be more but once its down I'm happy:) Going to try and be extra focused this week.

Good luck everyone, onwards and downwards.

Finally gotten my head back on track and back at goal? Not in the slightest. But I'm down a lb putting me 8lbs up and I've decided to focus on a few things.

1. It's almost summer and I'm not liking my tummy
    2. I like this guy and IF I manage to get a date I want to wear what I want
    3. I'm not letting myself shop until I'm at least 2lbs to goal because I had to buy bigger jeans a few weeks ago.

Hoping it'll keep me on track

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

Hi fellow-WW's, Keesa and everyone
    I have really fallen off the wagon, and it is getting me down.
    Culprit is white wine, I cannot seem to stay away at all, no doubt raging high stress levels, sick son and husband, c*ap at work, need I go on. put up 4lbs over Easter, up to two weeks ago, lost one and a half of that. Missed last week with working late.
    Have no idea where I am this week, but if I don't go, I am finished, and will have all of what I lost back on. I only have to look funny at what I shouldn't be eating. Not sure about these smart points either. Found PPs much easier. Liked the pick n mix options in the older material, this one is all fancy, and big into oats in jars, salads in jars, etc.
    Can't find the older recipes on the website either. All WW food products are still in propoints. I am very mixed up!! When I do track, it seems to be a mix of PPs and SPs. They introduced SP's before they were ready, anyone else think that?

• Advertisement

Hi fellow-WW's, Keesa and everyone I have really fallen off the wagon, and it is getting me down. Culprit is white wine, I cannot seem to stay away at all, no doubt raging high stress levels, sick son and husband, c*ap at work, need I go on. put up 4lbs over Easter, up to two weeks ago, lost one and a half of that. Missed last week with working late. Have no idea where I am this week, but if I don't go, I am finished, and will have all of what I lost back on. I only have to look funny at what I shouldn't be eating. Not sure about these smart points either. Found PPs much easier. Liked the pick n mix options in the older material, this one is all fancy, and big into oats in jars, salads in jars, etc. Can't find the older recipes on the website either. All WW food products are still in propoints. I am very mixed up!! When I do track, it seems to be a mix of PPs and SPs. They introduced SP's before they were ready, anyone else think that?

Hi fellow-WW's, Keesa and everyone I have really fallen off the wagon, and it is getting me down. Culprit is white wine, I cannot seem to stay away at all, no doubt raging high stress levels, sick son and husband, c*ap at work, need I go on. put up 4lbs over Easter, up to two weeks ago, lost one and a half of that. Missed last week with working late. Have no idea where I am this week, but if I don't go, I am finished, and will have all of what I lost back on. I only have to look funny at what I shouldn't be eating. Not sure about these smart points either. Found PPs much easier. Liked the pick n mix options in the older material, this one is all fancy, and big into oats in jars, salads in jars, etc. Can't find the older recipes on the website either. All WW food products are still in propoints. I am very mixed up!! When I do track, it seems to be a mix of PPs and SPs. They introduced SP's before they were ready, anyone else think that?

Hi picturehangup, I'm not doing great either, was up 2.5lbs tonight which is a total gain of 1 stone 5lbs since the middle of December. I just can't seem to get control back. I used to be so good last year staying away from biscuits and chocolate etc and now I have no control whatsoever.

I'm not sure what to do, I live at home with my parents so there's the added temptation of knowing there's always something nice somewhere in the house. I really have to stop drinking tea in the evenings because I think that's half the problem.

Regarding the sp v pp debacle, I'm in the same boat as you, using both which is not going to work. If I'm to be honest with myself I think I'm just being lazy though with regards using the sp plus I love chocolate so much and hate to see so many points used up on it compared to the pp.

But I have decided that tomorrow is a new start for me, that 1 stone 5lbs I've put on is going. None of my dresses fit me and I'm refusing to buy new stuff plus I've around 4 stone to lose so I really have no excuse at the moment.

Let's start tomorrow, as in Wednesday and go with the sp, it's the easiest thing to do because we won't have half the support otherwise. We've done it before, we ARE going to do it again.

Best of luck with the potential date too, can't remember who had it in their post. As my mother says chest out, shoulders back, head up and smile :):):)

Advertisement