Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ceoil_Cailin

Weigh in on Tuesday :O
    Scary stuff ! This week has been one of my better ones, diet was good and got to gym 3 times so far. Heading out for a nice walk now :) haven't went into my weekly points either this week !
    Really hoping for a loss .... Well I need a loss if I'm to lose 8.5lbs by Xmas ! Fingers crossed :)
    Come on everyone !! We can do it ! Just think of how good we will feel at Xmas. Usually at this time of the year my diet would totally lapse as it's cold and I can cover everything up ! Not gonna let that happen this year !!!!! :)

Taz1 wrote: »
    So the girls were getting a Chinese on the way home from an event yesterday and i managed to resist and make a beef stirfry while they ate their currys. Also munching on a big bowl of fruit and yogurt while the family have a fry this morning. But to be honest dont even know why im bothering!

Good woman :) that's the way to do it !! Just watch your portion sizes, thats what was the killer for me. I thought just cos it was good food I could eat the whole fruit bowl and the whole big carton of low fat yoghurt. Which I later paid for on the scales the following week :(
    Leave your gain behind you and just take it one day at a time. You are getting closer to your goal every good day you have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Hi guys, had a gain of 2 pounds last week which I wasn't one bit surprised about so I've been extra good this week!! Watched X Factor at a friends house last night though and of course there was chocolate and crisps everywhere so I indulged a little but not too much to set me back! Hadn't used any of my weeklies so dipped into those! My parents are coming to visit today and taking me out to dinner, didn't know they were planning on doing that, I would have shown a bit more willpower last night if I had!! Still have 38 weeklies left though and won't each much before dinner so I reckon I'll be OK! Just hoping my WI on Tuesday goes a lot better than last weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ck83 wrote: »
    I'm more impressed with your dedication than with the book!!

I finished - every recipe in the book. Made a few alterations but if anyone needs to know the propoints for the recipes then let me know!!

Feeling very motivated but hungry today. Had a big breakfast but not eating now until dinner and still have 30 weeklies left. Made a big vat of cumin spiced butternut squash soup for work this week. 0pp per serving with a ww bagel and philli for 5pp lunches :-) Recipe here http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/11/cumin-spiced-butternut-squash-soup.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I finished - every recipe in the book. Made a few alterations but if anyone needs to know the propoints for the recipes then let me know!!

Feeling very motivated but hungry today. Had a big breakfast but not eating now until dinner and still have 30 weeklies left. Made a big vat of cumin spiced butternut squash soup for work this week. 0pp per serving with a ww bagel and philli for 5pp lunches :-) Recipe here http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/11/cumin-spiced-butternut-squash-soup.html

My mam just made that chicken tangle pie, and it was yummy. How many pp did you work it out as? I have a question regarding the propoints, and this is something I've queried before. Ppl always say filo pastry is 1pp per sheet... But that's not what I get when I work it out on my wheel. I worked it out as 4- where am I going wrong???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

So the girls were getting a Chinese on the way home from an event yesterday and i managed to resist and make a beef stirfry while they ate their currys. Also munching on a big bowl of fruit and yogurt while the family have a fry this morning. But to be honest dont even know why im bothering!

Fair play to you! That's the hardest thing is watching everyone else eat junk around you especially after a night out. Hopefully it'll show on the scales this week.

I've a feeling it'll be another STS at WI tomorrow. I'm still getting used to working full time. This week was better as I brought in my own lunches but its the evenings that I'm struggling. Halloween didn't help either. I still had a relatively good week though so who knows I might get lucky! Exercise has been non existent but I want to get the tracking and food perfected and then I'll work on the exercise. Good luck to everyone with WI this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

ck83 wrote: »
    It will all pay off in the end. I really admire your discipline. You're doing so well. Fair play!

Thanks ck83, annoying thing is that I've been this disciplined the past 6 weeks (rarely diving into my weeklies) to get to goal, and I get the results I did at WI last week pretty much makign me feel like all my hard work was for nothing as it all went back on, and more! Hence why I'm starting to wonder if its worth it!
    Good woman :) that's the way to do it !! Just watch your portion sizes, thats what was the killer for me. I thought just cos it was good food I could eat the whole fruit bowl and the whole big carton of low fat yoghurt. Which I later paid for on the scales the following week :(
    Leave your gain behind you and just take it one day at a time. You are getting closer to your goal every good day you have :)

God no, I only ever eat 1pp worth of yoghurt, I buy small tubs of the irish diet yoghurt, weigh out one points worth and put the other points worth in a tiny tub in the fridge for the following day! I do eat a good bit of fruit though, but usually have 1 or 2 dailies left to allow for that...

Would love to get my hands on some of these recipes, is it a worthwile investment?! I tried out your chicken goujon recipe today, really yummy! And a nice amount of chicken. So thanks for that!
    Eabhabear wrote: »
    Fair play to you! That's the hardest thing is watching everyone else eat junk around you especially after a night out. Hopefully it'll show on the scales this week.

Yeah, my family are fairly lethal for bringing nice stuff like that into the house. If its not a chinese there are always mini muffins and biscuits being bought, makes my job SO much harder! I don't want them until I see them, and then I only want them because I cant have them! :mad: I was dying for some curry with them yesterday, smelt so much more appetitising than my stirfry... Hopefully I can treat myself after WI tomorrow...

I was up a measly 0.5lb this morning. It's my own fault I'm not being disciplined when it comes to food lying around the house. When I'm 100% I know I can get a good loss. It's 7 weeks tomorrow until Xmas so I'm going to try and get as close to a stone loss by then. Another I think is definitely a factor is the alcohol. I've been drinking every night out whereas normally I'd only drink every so often so I think after my friend's birthday this weekend I'm not going to drink until Xmas.

Taz do you WI on Mon? Good luck if you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Down 2 lbs this week. Delighted!!
    Is this hairy dieters cookbook by those two big hairy chefs who go around on their motorbikes???

Would love to get my hands on some of these recipes, is it a worthwile investment?! I tried out your chicken goujon recipe today, really yummy! And a nice amount of chicken. So thanks for that!

, .

Glad you liked it. :-) If you do a google search on hairy dieters recipes some come up. There area few listed on their bbc and their own webpage as well as others who have reviewed them! Will prob post a few myself as I try them!

You've done so well being good this week. So many people would just jump ship after a bad few weeks so well done Hun!! Best of luck with your WI this week!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Happy Monday Everyone,

Well yesterday, i made a gorgeous Apple Tart and it worked out at 3 pp, no porridge oats, it had a sponge base, lots of cinnamon apples and a floury crumble on top. For 3 pp you could even add a scoup of ice cream to it, so that it melts ontop of the apple tart. Here's the link to it, http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/11/weightwatchers-apple-tart.html
    I hope you all have a great week with great WI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

So as expected I STS this week. Stayed within my points, did use some of my weeklies but I'm still so far away from goal I don't want to give up my weeklies just yet or I'll be stuck on 26 points a day with no weeklies for months and I can't maintain that. Why oh why does my body not want to go below 11 stone??? :(

Anyway, I'm not going to let it deter me. I've been good and finding it easy enough to stick to the 26 points a day so wil perservere. I made the HD Roast Pork for dinner yesterday which was very tasty and also made the minced beef and potato pie for tonights dinner so just need to heat mine up when I get in from college. I am genuinely loving this recipe book. The food is low points but very very tasty which is unusal for most diet books.

Lormuz wrote: »
    Down 2 lbs this week. Delighted!!
    Is this hairy dieters cookbook by those two big hairy chefs who go around on their motorbikes???

Yeh they did a series about them losing weight and released a cOokboom after. One of the est diet cookbooks I've seen. Even my dad was impressed and he usually runs a mile from anything that mentions 'diet'!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi all

I was up .5lbs again on Friday but tbh, I'm surprised I only put on a pound over the last two weeks as I've had so many nights out and the wedding. I was out on Thursday and Friday night again and at a concert on Saturday but I stuck to the water there.

I am determinded to get back on track this week and I have purposely made no plans for the weekend except to go down home but there are rarely any temptations down there.

I have tag this evening (brr!) and I am going to try to go spinning or gym everyday this week.

My whole body; stomach, skin and nails seems to need a detox as I feel so unhealthy and sluggish. I am sticking to salads and fruit and no chocolate (which is huge for me) for the week just to get my body back on form and hopefully it will reflect on the scales on friday!

Only blip is that it is my turn to bake for our coffee morning on Friday but I'm going to use WW recipes and get my OH to be the taster. Any recommendations? I'm thinking choc chip cookies and something else from www.skinnytaste.com.

CavanGal wrote: »
    Hi all

I was up .5lbs again on Friday but tbh, I'm surprised I only put on a pound over the last two weeks as I've had so many nights out and the wedding. I was out on Thursday and Friday night again and at a concert on Saturday but I stuck to the water there.

I am determinded to get back on track this week and I have purposely made no plans for the weekend except to go down home but there are rarely any temptations down there.

I have tag this evening (brr!) and I am going to try to go spinning or gym everyday this week.

My whole body; stomach, skin and nails seems to need a detox as I feel so unhealthy and sluggish. I am sticking to salads and fruit and no chocolate (which is huge for me) for the week just to get my body back on form and hopefully it will reflect on the scales on friday!

Only blip is that it is my turn to bake for our coffee morning on Friday but I'm going to use WW recipes and get my OH to be the taster. Any recommendations? I'm thinking choc chip cookies and something else from www.skinnytaste.com.

There is a Ww recipe for white choc Florentines on my blog which is AMAZING. Best low fat thing I've ever baked. Went down really well at y book club, only Ww thing I've bought everyone tried and liked!! Got it from a calendar they were giving out in the RTE guide last year.

You seem focused to get that half pound off. Hard to find motivation in the cold weather, all I want to do is curl up with tea and biccies!! Love how busy this thread has got again, it's sooo helpful!

donnamc5 wrote: »
    So as expected I STS this week. Stayed within my points, did use some of my weeklies but I'm still so far away from goal I don't want to give up my weeklies just yet or I'll be stuck on 26 points a day with no weeklies for months and I can't maintain that. Why oh why does my body not want to go below 11 stone??? :(

Why would you be without your weeklies? You have your weeklies no matter what daily points you're on I thought :confused: If I'm right then that could explain you STS. You should definitely try eating some of your weeklies especially if you do any kind of exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Have my first weigh in tomorrow - very excited and a bit nervous. Stuck to my daily points every day except Friday were I used my weeklys and had some wine. Fingers crossed x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Eabhabear wrote: »

Why would you be without your weeklies? You have your weeklies no matter what daily points you're on I thought :confused: If I'm right then that could explain you STS. You should definitely try eating some of your weeklies especially if you do any kind of exercise.

Sorry I meant that I tried going without weeklies before to get through a weight plateau which worked but when i tried eating them again my weight went up so I don't want to stop using weeklies now when im so far away from goal. maybe when I've only got a couple of pounds to go it would be ok. I have been eating most weeklies since I started again but have hit a wall and not sure what to change. Already eating healthy and exercising and my body always stops when i get to 11 stone for some unknown reason. But this time im just gonna stick at it and hopefully i can get past this.

There is a Ww recipe for white choc Florentines on my blog which is AMAZING. Best low fat thing I've ever baked. Went down really well at y book club, only Ww thing I've bought everyone tried and liked!! Got it from a calendar they were giving out in the RTE guide last year.

You seem focused to get that half pound off. Hard to find motivation in the cold weather, all I want to do is curl up with tea and biccies!! Love how busy this thread has got again, it's sooo helpful!

Thanks tiny! I actually remember you talking about the Florentines before so I am going to try them. I will double the recipe and do half white and half milk chocolate. Did you use cooking chocolate or ordinary and if so what brand?

I also saw your chocolate cake recipe so I think I will do that too. I see it makes 8 portions. Are these fairly big? Could it be cut into smaller portions? I could double that recipe too but I dont want to have too much and 6 eggs seems like a lot! For the normal sized recipe, what size tin do you recommend? I think I'm more of a cook than a baker, hence all the questions :D

My first good day went well. Tag was cancelled but I went swimming instead which is a big step for me as usually I'd use a cancellation as an excuse to go home to my couch! I stuck to my points and went home to find the OH making a yummy beef curry with loads of veg so I was happy with that.

Day 2 and I'm very tired as myself and himself stayed up late discussing (read arguing about ;)) our sun holiday in February. Cue panic for me when I think of little shorts and tops and, gulp, bikinis. 14 weeks!!

Anyway, I will not use being tired as a reason to pig out, even though reading Florentine and Chocolate Cake recipes has given me a very strong craving for chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

@ cavangirl:
    Only blip is that it is my turn to bake for our coffee morning on Friday but I'm going to use WW recipes and get my OH to be the taster. Any recommendations? I'm thinking choc chip cookies and something else from www.skinnytaste.com

I made the skinny lemon drizzle at the weekend they were lovely. I made it in a loaf tin and cut it up into little pieces to make it go much further.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/skinny_lemon_cupcakes_15650

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Where would I find the blog for tiny penguns cakes...they sound yummy!

Haven't weighed in for 3 weeks - I've just been eating and drinking all around me and couldn't face going back but tonight is the night!!

Natmus wrote: »
    Where would I find the blog for tiny penguns cakes...they sound yummy!

Haven't weighed in for 3 weeks - I've just been eating and drinking all around me and couldn't face going back but tonight is the night!!

http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/ is tiny penguin's blog. Its very good.

Good luck tonight, I bet it wont be as bad as you think.

Thanks for the recipe. Last Friday's baker made a lemon cake so I will do something different but I will keep yours in mind for myself. Hopefully this will prompt me to do some more baking.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Absolutely dreading tonights weigh in!
    Was away in Cork for the weekend, I didn't make horrific choices but I definately know I indulged! We did a lot of walking, nearing 10 hours over the weekend and I did decline all the little extras on the way (the handmade chocolates at the English market and swapping dessert in Scoozi's for a bowl of strawberries!)

I just cannot seem to get in to the frame of mind!! I know I shouldn't touch the biscuits on the counter but there seems to be some sort of magnet between us! I need some sort of epiphany!
    I am hoping for an STS this week and I want my 7lbs gone for Christmas..
    Fingers toes and everything else crossed for it tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Have been very good all week except for a few treats at the weekend but still have a lot of my weeklies left. It's my TOM though so really hoping that doesn't ruin all my hard work!! I'm a bit apprehensive about WI tonight, as it didn't go too well the last time it was my TOM, it has scared me for a while! Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hi Tiny Penguin,

Could I get a link to your blog please?

Thanks =)

CavanGal wrote: »
    Thanks tiny! I actually remember you talking about the Florentines before so I am going to try them. I will double the recipe and do half white and half milk chocolate. Did you use cooking chocolate or ordinary and if so what brand?

I also saw your chocolate cake recipe so I think I will do that too. I see it makes 8 portions. Are these fairly big? Could it be cut into smaller portions? I could double that recipe too but I dont want to have too much and 6 eggs seems like a lot! For the normal sized recipe, what size tin do you recommend? I think I'm more of a cook than a baker, hence all the questions :D

I used milkybar - was the cheapest white chocolate that tasted good. Dont think cooking chocolate would taste as good, id go with milkybar and dairy milk for the chocolate!

I made the cake in a larger tin than recommended and it was heartshaped - so the cake was very thin and difficult to portion. The recipe recommends a 7in round tin. Though if you are doubling it i would maybe go with a bigger tin?
    Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Hi Tiny Penguin,

Could I get a link to your blog please?

Thanks =)

Sure thing its 59lbstogo.blogspot.ie :D
    sunrise91 wrote: »
    Have been very good all week except for a few treats at the weekend but still have a lot of my weeklies left. It's my TOM though so really hoping that doesn't ruin all my hard work!! I'm a bit apprehensive about WI tonight, as it didn't go too well the last time it was my TOM, it has scared me for a while! Fingers crossed!

Im exactly the same as you sunrise! Been so good after my gain last week but so scared TOTM is going to affect it. Dont want to push things further away from my next mini goals! Feel rubbish and just want to go home to bed after work but am making my WI no matter what!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Just back from my first weigh in, I can't believe it, I lost 7.5lbs I am in shock. I did stick to the points to the letter, but still can't believe I reached my first 6 week target in a week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Well done Stickybean that is amazing!!!!!!!!! Fair play to you! :) That is an amazing achievement!! :)

I have been fairly bad to stick to my points this wk, going to try religiously now for the next wk! :) Weigh In tomor, got my silver 7 last wk but have a feeling this wk won't be as good, it's my own fault like don't know what was wrong with me this wk, I was blaming the cold but just kept eating, I feel like I'm using my points but using them on junk and nothing filling so I feel hungry constantly! Going to get out my book after work and start planning my meals properly for the next 7 days! Would love another half stone before xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

stickybean wrote: »
    Just back from my first weigh in, I can't believe it, I lost 7.5lbs I am in shock. I did stick to the points to the letter, but still can't believe I reached my first 6 week target in a week :D

Holy Crap!!!!
    That is amazing!
    Did you do lots of excercise too or something?
    That sort of loss would really spur you on... Congrats!

• Advertisement

Down 2.5 lbs :) 7lbs off goal weight - is that too much to lose in 4 weeks? How did everyone else get on ??
    Well done Stickybean - that is amazing !!!! Great work :)

Advertisement