Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Lormuz wrote: »
    Holy Crap!!!!
    That is amazing!
    Did you do lots of excercise too or something?
    That sort of loss would really spur you on... Congrats!

I did one spinning class and one long walk (about 90 minutes). I think it was the reduction in carbs, I had no bad carbs (so no white bread, rolls, white pasta, noodles), instead I had high fibre ones (so whole grain and whole wheat :D ), I ate loads of fruit and drank lots of water.

I am going to step up the exercise to 3 times a week this week.

I think the first week you always loose the most, hoping to loose 1lb a week from now till xmas, that will be a stone for xmas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Lost a pound. Was a bit disappointed at first but then I realised its a whole pound and its my TOTM so I should be happy to lose anything! So yay!! Back to being half a pound from my 7th silver 7 and 1.5lb away from 50lbs lost!! I'll get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Hi. Newbie here. Could I get a bit of advice. Joined a few weeks ago. Lost 5.5 lbs so far. 3rd WI Thursday. I am usually fine during the week at work, bringing lunches and so on. However for next few days am out of the office and lunches will be served up to me. How do I stay on track? Just font want to ruin the hard work. Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Down 2.5, and it's my TOTM, I am delighted!! :D So happy because I was so nervous about tonight.. Here's hoping I keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Didn't go so well two weeks ago, so didn't return last week out of misery.

Put on my don't be stupid hat, went last night, down 3 :D was so happy, I went for a big long walk :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Well done everyone. As predicted I was up by 2lb - wasn't a bit shocked but back on track again. It's amazing how staying for the meeting really gives you a good kick in the ass!!!

Have a good week everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi. Newbie here. Could I get a bit of advice. Joined a few weeks ago. Lost 5.5 lbs so far. 3rd WI Thursday. I am usually fine during the week at work, bringing lunches and so on. However for next few days am out of the office and lunches will be served up to me. How do I stay on track? Just font want to ruin the hard work. Thanks all.

Just try and make the best choices you can. If you have an option (like in a restaurant) go for salads with dressing on the side, or meat and 2 veg with sauce on the side. Avoid mashed and roast potatoes. Choose things like steamed, boiled, chargrilled. If sandwiches, choose chicken or ham salad with no/little mayo.

If you feel you've made a bad choice, draw a line under it and don't let the rest of the day go badly just because of one choice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I made Tiny's Florentines last night and OMG they are so delicious. It was just a practice run so I halved the recipe and made 6 instead of 12. I really wanted to eat them all! And having chocolate around to melt for dipping is dangerous. I am definitely one of those people who pick at food as they bake!

Anyway, I think I was ok point wise and it will be worth it when they go down really well on Friday. I just hope the cake turns out as delicious.

I can see alot more baking in my future now that I have the utensils and ingredients!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Oh my, I've not had a great start to the week... I was down 4lb at Monday nights weigh in, which was good news after last weeks disaster, of which some of ye might be aware of. I treated myself to Eddies after, as promised to myself, for having a good week. I still had 49 weeklies and the rest of my dailies for this. The binging didn't stop there however. I had a good workout at the gym yesterday but that was about it. I ate cake all day and then a massive pasta dinner last night, I just didn't care! I had kind of an 'I'm sick of WW' attitude so didn't point nor make an effort to be good (other than the gym). Although I did well on the scales, I was, and still am, annoyed by the injustice of the week before! The only thing thats making me want to point and be good today is my fear of being back in bigger clothes sizes again, other than that I'm not gonna lie, I am kind of losing interest in WW! Sorry for the negative post, just had to get it off my chest! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

Ok Taz This is what jumps out at me from your Post
    1. I was down 4lb at Monday nights weigh in,
    2. The only thing thats making me want to point and be good today is my fear of being back in bigger clothes sizes again,
    3. I am kind of losing interest in WW.

Point 1
    I didn't read back to what happended last week so i can only assume that you had a good week but the scales didn't reflect it?? Well look at what happened this week....4lbs is a fantastic weight loss. Sometimes our bodies take a while to catch up with our hard efforts; recognise this, take the good weigh in's with the bad weigh in's and you are well on the road to success.

Point 2
    You don't want to go back into bigger clothes?? Then DON'T. WW quite clearly works your last weigh in proves that - and I know it works because when I stay within my ProPoints truthfully and exercise- guess what happens..........I lose!! (although some weeks it slows down but I can accept that!!) (it takes time to get to that stage;)

When I guess my ProPoints and mess around guess what happens.......... sometimes I "get away with it" and lose but if I keep messing with the plan... I GAIN:rolleyes:

Point 3
    It's bloody hard to stay focussed - I KNOW!! You've caught me on one of my "in the zone" times but it has taken a summer of putting on weight and me being miserable to realise this...IT'S MY OWN FAULT!!
    I DON'T WANT TO BE MISERABLE AT CHRISTMAS..........SO WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT?????????????

I have given up alcohol for November - just November because I know it will help me get back to where I want to be, after that I will keep my weeklys for it....... I don't believe in giving up anything:D
    My journal is peeking up at me out of my bag and every time I eat something I write it down.
    I've gone back to some of the good habits - I made veg soup this week, used it loads. I have upped the exercise but don't reward myself with food when I come back in the door..... How many of us let that happen:eek:

I was responsible for letting this weight go on..........I am in full control of getting it back off. ME yes ME. I can say NO to the Roses going around the office because it will be so worth it when my size 12 dress will be hanging off me at Christmas:)

Come on Taz and all the rest of you, take responsibility JOIN ME. Weightwatchers works - it's just sometimes we don't work with it!!

From a super motivated Kayleen
    Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Wow, Kayleen. Thanks for the motivating pep talk. I don't know about anybody else but sometimes a kick up the backside is what I need to put me back on track.
    I've been really good since I started back and never gone outside dailies and weeklies but I am off to Monaco this weekend for my boyfriend's 30th so I'm pretty sure that might go out the window on cocktails alone but I am having the weekend off. I'll still try and be healthy food wise and get in loads of walking and
    I will make myself get right back on the wagon as soon as I get back Sunday afternoon. I've got enough pastry and lean mince in the freezer to make the yummy beef and potato pies I made the other night - So delish.
    I made the Hairy Dieter's Chicken and Ham tangle pie last night. Oh my God - It was the tastiest thing yet. If you haven't the book then here's a link to the recipe -http://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/chicken-and-ham-tangle-pie/1628
    I swear it's the yummiest least diety diet food I have ever eaten. I divided it between 4, used low cal spray instead of oil, used 2 chicken stocks instead of white wine, 250ml of Avonmore half fat cooking cream and 400g of cooked chicken breast. I also threw in some diced celery that was in the fridge to beef it up a bit. It was trully delicious and filling and worked out at 10propoints a serving. Best bit is I have another portion left for dinner tonight after I get home from college.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

CavanGal wrote: »
    I made Tiny's Florentines last night and OMG they are so delicious. It was just a practice run so I halved the recipe and made 6 instead of 12. I really wanted to eat them all! And having chocolate around to melt for dipping is dangerous. I am definitely one of those people who pick at food as they bake!

Anyway, I think I was ok point wise and it will be worth it when they go down really well on Friday. I just hope the cake turns out as delicious.

I can see alot more baking in my future now that I have the utensils and ingredients!

Hi CavanGal, regarding the cake; did you make a ww friendly one? COuld I have the recipe if so? Please and thank you =)

Exactly donnamc5! We all need a good kick up the backside sometimes, that is what I have done to myself so if it helps someone else well that's even better!:D

You know what you are doing right???? YOU HAVE A PLAN for Monaco, once you think about these things before hand, the chances are you will do very little damage. And there is no harm in taking a weekend off here and there, but it doesn't mean that you have a green card to go sit and binge all around you :rolleyes: Stick to your plan and you will be fine
    Enjoy Monaco and as you said get right back at it when you come back but I know from your post that you will:)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Thanks Kayleen, I think I needed that motivating pep talk too!! :D We can do it!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Taz1 wrote: »
    Oh my, I've not had a great start to the week... I was down 4lb at Monday nights weigh in, which was good news after last weeks disaster, of which some of ye might be aware of. I treated myself to Eddies after, as promised to myself, for having a good week. I still had 49 weeklies and the rest of my dailies for this. The binging didn't stop there however. I had a good workout at the gym yesterday but that was about it. I ate cake all day and then a massive pasta dinner last night, I just didn't care! I had kind of an 'I'm sick of WW' attitude so didn't point nor make an effort to be good (other than the gym). Although I did well on the scales, I was, and still am, annoyed by the injustice of the week before! The only thing thats making me want to point and be good today is my fear of being back in bigger clothes sizes again, other than that I'm not gonna lie, I am kind of losing interest in WW! Sorry for the negative post, just had to get it off my chest! :cool:

I've been dying to know how you got on, and I'm delighted you had a good week. well done. I have no motivating tips to add, I think it's all been covered... and lets face it, I'm in no position to talk at the moment. But if the clothes size is the only thing you're afraid of, focus on that... it would be truly awful to have to start buying the bigger ones again. don't do that to yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Oh my, I've not had a great start to the week... I was down 4lb at Monday nights weigh in, which was good news after last weeks disaster, of which some of ye might be aware of. I treated myself to Eddies after, as promised to myself, for having a good week. I still had 49 weeklies and the rest of my dailies for this. The binging didn't stop there however. I had a good workout at the gym yesterday but that was about it. I ate cake all day and then a massive pasta dinner last night, I just didn't care! I had kind of an 'I'm sick of WW' attitude so didn't point nor make an effort to be good (other than the gym). Although I did well on the scales, I was, and still am, annoyed by the injustice of the week before! The only thing thats making me want to point and be good today is my fear of being back in bigger clothes sizes again, other than that I'm not gonna lie, I am kind of losing interest in WW! Sorry for the negative post, just had to get it off my chest!

^^^^^

Maybe have a think about how to work healthier eating into your life without pointing, make it kinda like second nature. :) You won't count points for the rest of your life so maybe try and take the stabilisers off.

donnamc5 wrote: »
    I made the Hairy Dieter's Chicken and Ham tangle pie last night. Oh my God - It was the tastiest thing yet. If you haven't the book then here's a link to the recipe -http://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/chicken-and-ham-tangle-pie/1628
    I swear it's the yummiest least diety diet food I have ever eaten. I divided it between 4, used low cal spray instead of oil, used 2 chicken stocks instead of white wine, 250ml of Avonmore half fat cooking cream and 400g of cooked chicken breast. I also threw in some diced celery that was in the fridge to beef it up a bit. It was trully delicious and filling and worked out at 10propoints a serving. Best bit is I have another portion left for dinner tonight after I get home from college.

I'm developing a slight obsession with this, but can you please tell me how you pointed the filo pastry??
    I had this on sunday, and it was yummy!! I also had it for my lunch on Tuesday

Soooo.... Got up this morning, and declared that I wasn't going to my WI... an awful waste of money I said. And it is with the attitude I've had lately. I had a great week last week (-3.5lb) and came out, and I swear, my tracker is still in the car. I didn't track one single day. I did as I pleased. Had two little parties for my son's first birthday, and I didn't stop eating (at either of them). I don't know if I exercised once or not at all... you get the jist.

But anyhow... I copped myself on, and went to my WI... up 2.5lb. I'm really struggling at the moment (and for the last few months). I did the prepay deal- 7 weeks for the price of five. So I handed over €50- which I think takes me to Christmas. If I don't manage to cop myself on over that time, and actually follow the plan that I'm paying to follow, I'm officially declaring myself a non-member and giving up... I don't have money to waste like that. I need to learn to walk past the tins of sweets at work... or at the very least, to only have one!

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Hi CavanGal, regarding the cake; did you make a ww friendly one? COuld I have the recipe if so? Please and thank you =)

I haven't actually baked this yet. I will on Thursday and Ill let you know how I get on!

http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/06/chocolate-cake-with-raspberries.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

ck83 wrote: »
    I'm developing a slight obsession with this, but can you please tell me how you pointed the filo pastry??
    I had this on sunday, and it was yummy!! I also had it for my lunch on Tuesday

I got the nutrition info off the Tesco.ie website. When in doubt and if it's not on online weightwatchers and I haven't the packet to hand, I always go on to Tesco shopping and search for the product's nutrition numbers. From there I input the figures into my weightwatchers online tracker and it worked out at 3pps for 1/4 of 3 sheets. I used 3 of the frozen Jus Rol 270g Pack Pastry sheets.

• Advertisement

I have a friend in England who has access to esource (the complete database list of foods that you can subscribe to in England!) and she sent me the following
    Pastry, Filo, Raw 1 sheet = 1pp and 3 sheets = 3pp
    Jus-Rol Filo Pastry, 100g = 7pp

Hope that helps

Why can't we have esource:mad::mad:

Thanks guys! This has been driving me mental, because I've seen recipes that say filo is 1pp per sheet, but obviously they're English recipes, and there must be a brand that sells it in much smaller sized sheets. Mystery solved!

4lbs is brillaint. I know its not what you were hoping for after last week - but its still such a huge loss for one week!! I know how hard it is to stay motivated, the easy option is to just throw it all out the window. But do try to remember how far you have come! Think of all the hard work you have put in and the times when it did show for you. You will get there, whether it be following WW or finding another plan that suits you. Just keep focused on your end goal and you can do it! Try draw a line under it - write off your weeklies and get back on track to see how you get on this week! Best of luck and keep coming back here to rant - motivation from everyone on here is a great help!

So happy you like them! I had the same problem when I made them, I wanted to lick the bowl clean and had to practically hide the biscuits until I was off to bookclub - and then I was the first person to eat one too :o Havent made them since only for fear that I will eat the lot. Though in the next few weeks will be having my OH's family over to our new apartment so I may make them to go with some tea after dinner!

The florentines are def nicer than the cake - but the cake is pretty good too :D Also thanks for all the blog publicity - glad to know people are actually using the recipes I'm posting :)

The florentines are def nicer than the cake - but the cake is pretty good too :D Also thanks for all the blog publicity - glad to know people are actually using the recipes I'm posting :)

I know! I never knew marketing was my strong point, wonder if its too late for a career change? ;)

I can see myself making small batches a lot! I imagine they would be delicious even without the chocolate as they are so sweet!

The darkness is making me want to skip spin and go straight home especially as my OH is away tonight so the remote is mine for the evening! But no I will persevere and go. I know I will feel great after, its just the thought of it!:rolleyes:

I know! I never knew marketing was my strong point, wonder if its too late for a career change? ;)

I can see myself making small batches a lot! I imagine they would be delicious even without the chocolate as they are so sweet!

The darkness is making me want to skip spin and go straight home especially as my OH is away tonight so the remote is mine for the evening! But no I will persevere and go. I know I will feel great after, its just the thought of it!:rolleyes:

Exercise is def my weak point. I have been meaning to buy the 30 day shred for the past month and just keep putting it off. I have no idea how I am going to make myself do when I actually buy it, but I have got to the stage where I desperately need to tone - with most of the weight gone now i def do not like how much my flatter stomach still jiggles :o
    There is also a place around the corner form me that do bootcamp and offer a free trial - i walk past every day saying ill go in tomorrow - and its true what they say - tomorrow never comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ceoil_Cailin

So things were going well today until I went into town after work - am after having a skinny butlers latte and the complimentary chocolate :( just couldn't resist ;( am now over my daily points for definite.
    It's so hard to stay on track all the time !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Thanks for all the replies guys, ye're a great lot for support. Kayleen your message was great but I'm getting tired of absolutely working my butt off (literally too) to be going backwards and forwards ALL the time. I'm a fairly athletic person so while the plan worked for me to lose the weight originally I'm not sure it suits me this time around (putting on weight just because I've rejoined the gym??). I guess I'm just getting tired of being super strict all week, saying no to social occasions with friends for fear of the food/drink, constantly worrying about points etc. I've been thinking about something similiar to what you said Emeraldy Pebbles, working healthier eating into my life without pointing and making it second nature, but then again I'm afraid that I'll slowly revert back to my old ways.. Right now, I'm 3lbs off goal again (even though I got to goal a month ago!), so what I was thinking of doing was working the system to get back to goal (will probably take double the time knowing my luck!), checking in at a meeting once a month after that, whilst trying to eat well/exercise as usual, perhaps weigh myself once a week at home to keep tabs. But I really can't see myself being happy in the future having to stick to the strictness of the WW regiment!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ohiknow

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I joined ww last week, was originally told I was on 41 points then the leader told me to stick to 29, and I did, religiously! I'm starving!! Went to weigh in today and I'm up half a pound and feel like a total failure! Has anyone else had this experience and do I plug on, at the moment and convinced I should reach for the chocolate digestives and resign myself to the fact that I can't do it

ohiknow wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I joined ww last week, was originally told I was on 41 points then the leader told me to stick to 29, and I did, religiously! I'm starving!! Went to weigh in today and I'm up half a pound and feel like a total failure! Has anyone else had this experience and do I plug on, at the moment and convinced I should reach for the chocolate digestives and resign myself to the fact that I can't do it

Firstly. You shouldn't be hungry on ww, it defeats the purpose. Ww isn't some ridiculous crash diet, it's a healthy eating plan.
    Secondly- if the little ww computer said you were on 41pp, then that's what you have. Your leader is wrong to tell you otherwise. If you only eat 29 pp now, then that's what your body will get used to having, and as you lose weight, you will plateau a lot sooner. Your body needs a certain amount of food (and calories) to function.
    I started on 40 pp, and ate every one of them every day, and I lost from the get go. Most ppl here will tell you the same.
    That's my advice anyhow... Eat your dailies, use your weeklies. As you lose weight, your dailies will go down. That's hard enough without losing them earlier!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 ohiknow

ck83 wrote: »

Firstly. You shouldn't be hungry on ww, it defeats the purpose. Ww isn't some ridiculous crash diet, it's a healthy eating plan.
    Secondly- if the little ww computer said you were on 41pp, then that's what you have. Your leader is wrong to tell you otherwise. If you only eat 29 pp now, then that's what your body will get used to having, and as you lose weight, you will plateau a lot sooner. Your body needs a certain amount of food (and calories) to function.
    I started on 40 pp, and ate every one of them every day, and I lost from the get go. Most ppl here will tell you the same.
    That's my advice anyhow... Eat your dailies, use your weeklies. As you lose weight, your dailies will go down. That's hard enough without losing them earlier!!!

That's makes perfect sense, thanks for your response. I'm so confused, I thought I was doing everything right, I have been very strict with myself and to put on weight after a tough week has been hard. I know half a pound isn't a huge amount, but I've a long road ahead and any gain is a major let down! I did weight watchers before and lost consistently, but have up and now I guess I just need to get back on the wagon!

Advertisement