Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Hi all, I've been in WW 10wks now, and am down 11.5lbs, apart from the first week I have to admit I haven't been strict at all. This week I'm giving myself a much needed kick in the arse and am going to start really tracking and doing more activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ohiknow

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Hi all, I've been in WW 10wks now, and am down 11.5lbs, apart from the first week I have to admit I haven't been strict at all. This week I'm giving myself a much needed kick in the arse and am going to start really tracking and doing more activity.

wow, 11.5 lbs! well done, i'm week 2 and up half a pound :( need to really revise things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Up 0.5 tonight. Not sure where that came from but not to worry, I'll keep being good this week and it should pay off next week. I've now gone up to being 1lb from goal but I'm still feeling good :)

ohiknow wrote: »
    wow, 11.5 lbs! well done, i'm week 2 and up half a pound :( need to really revise things

Thanks, it's been a weird journey so far, the meetings I go to are full of super dedicated people, this week 2 people lost 5lb and one lost 7lb!!!

I sometimes think "what the hell am I dong wrong, 1lb here and there!!" but then I think well at least it's going the right direction, and because i'm not uber strict on myself i think i'll stick with it longer than if I was killing myself, because sticking with something that makes me miserable is not realistic. I want to make these changes for life, not just to lose weight and then pile it back on again. I'm 13st 11lbs now....good way to go until goal yet, can't wait to be able to go for free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ohiknow

Shelli2 wrote: »

Thanks, it's been a weird journey so far, the meetings I go to are full of super dedicated people, this week 2 people lost 5lb and one lost 7lb!!!

I sometimes think "what the hell am I dong wrong, 1lb here and there!!" but then I think well at least it's going the right direction, and because i'm not uber strict on myself i think i'll stick with it longer than if I was killing myself, because sticking with something that makes me miserable is not realistic. I want to make these changes for life, not just to lose weight and then pile it back on again. I'm 13st 11lbs now....good way to go until goal yet, can't wait to be able to go for free :D

1lb a week is a nice steady rate, and means you'll make realistic lifestyle changes! I hope I'll get on track soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

cosmic wrote: »
    Up 0.5 tonight. Not sure where that came from but not to worry, I'll keep being good this week and it should pay off next week. I've now gone up to being 1lb from goal but I'm still feeling good :)

With the work you've put in, and the progress you've made, you're right to feel good about yourself! Thats such a teeny gain, you'll get rid of it no problem!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Hello Everyone,
    Ive just blogged a new post for a curry for just 6 Weightwatchers Propoints and its really creamy, thick and tastes like an actual curry. Here's the link http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/11/weightwatchers-curry.html I hope you all have a great week and great wi

The blog says 10 propoints?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

This looks delicious!! will defo be trying it at the wkend, I love my curries!! Thank u! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

The 10 includes the rice, the curry on its own is 6 propoints. It really is yummy, I'm having it for lunch today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Well day 2 of a new week and Ihave pretty much wiped out my weeklies! Though it was more than worth it. Went to L'ecrivain last night and had three delicious courses - half a bottle of wine and then a cocktail after.

Starter was Quail with girolles, spinach, sorrel and roasted chesnuts - close to being my favourite course of the night.
    Main was Turbot with roasted jerusalem artichokes, micro leeks, iberico tropette puree and cofit pear
    Dessert was Chocolate beetroot brownie with red wine jelly, salted walnuts and walnut ice cream - def my favourite (also gotta be lower in pp cos the cake was made with beetroot! Haha)

I worked it out roughly and I have 10 weeklies left (had a lot of my dailies leftover from yesterday as just had soup for my lunch!) But am just writing those last 10 off to be sure! So no more treats for me this week. Once in a blue moon treat it was and I have counted for it so time to move on and stay on track for the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Do you ever have days where your just hungry??
    Need to resist buying tayto's!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Oh yes definitely, sometimes I just tell myself all day that I can have them later. Sometimes I break and just have the blasted things and count it in! The key is not to have the SECOND pack.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi everyone,
    Well done on the losses this week, every little helps!!
    Terrifed of the scales tonight, I've done well with tracking and pointing, for the first time in ages.
    Was in Jamie's Italian for dinner this week...very hard place to stick with daily points. Italian food, fresh pasta. No bread thankfully but none the less ended up having carbonara, got the starter portion which was plenty to be honest.
    Good luck with the WIs.
    Flowerpower

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi guys,
    Can I join in please? I went back to ww last week after approx 1 year mainly because I am getting married in less than 7 months now eeekk so really need to get my wobbly ass in gear!!
    Was very ill yesterday & had WI today and I was down a whopping 8lbs!!!!! To say I am delighted would be an understatement although I do think this is probably a false loss but if I could just stay the same next week is be thrilled.
    Sorry for waffling just excited!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

JOJOC123 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Can I join in please? I went back to ww last week after approx 1 year mainly because I am getting married in less than 7 months now eeekk so really need to get my wobbly ass in gear!!
    Was very ill yesterday & had WI today and I was down a whopping 8lbs!!!!! To say I am delighted would be an understatement although I do think this is probably a false loss but if I could just stay the same next week is be thrilled.
    Sorry for waffling just excited!!

Even if you gain a couple of pounds next week, it would still be a loss of 6lb over 2 weeks. I did weightwatchers for a couple of years and still follow the girls on the thread and chime in every now and again with advice but I am currently doing Unislim (needed a change). I lost 7lb in my first week but I was sick aswell and then this week (my second week), I gained 2lb. Still happy though because it is still a loss of 5lb over 2 weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I was DOWN! Still in shock, it was such a tough week with the funeral and eating out all the time. I was trying so hard to make good choices, but I'm sure we all know how hard it is to track when you're in that situation. And yet I was down two pounds. Absolutely chuffed! Here's to a great week, even though I had a more than average drop of wine last night and I'm here trying to resist the lure of the kitchen... Very very hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brownel

Hey All,

Been a while since I've posted but in same boat as some others. Fell off the wagon there for a while. Luckily, Christmas is not my only motivation to get back on, I've a wedding the week before Christmas too!

So trying to get back in to the hang of it, it does get tiring after a while, especially when ur not a great cook, so I do think a break can be useful now and again, I just wish I had better will power :)

Have a quick question, we love corn on the cob and its my treat veg as it unfortunately has pro points so can't have it too often. I went to double check the pp value tonight and the new packs have different nutritional values to what they used to have. (Green giant brand) Even though the cob was 200g, it said it had approx 80g of corn and only gave nutritional value for that as a serving, which comes in at only 1pp instead of the 4-5pp I use to give them. I'm going to ask my leader next week at WI but was wondering if anyone else had encountered this yet. Am thinking its too good to be true :)

Anyho, keep up the good work everyone. It's a fantastic feeling when u make it in to the next dress size down, its so worth it and there's nothing wrong with falling off the wagon now and again as long as you don't wait too long before getting back on. I've been saved by the fact that I cycle 10km to work each day but have put on 8lb in two months now, would prob b twice that without the cycling. So time to get back to it. Hope to loose 4-6lb before Christmas, more would be great but am trying to be realistic and 2013 is a new year to start again anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brownel

cosmic wrote: »

Keep going, hang in there. Took me over four weeks to get my last 2lbs, couldn't believe it, and was super good for those four weeks. The problem can be that its such a routine by then, it becomes harder to loose weight.

It'll be so worth it though, hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Morning everyone,
    HAPPY FRIDAY!
    Was asbolutely thrilled last night - was down a whole 4 pounds YIPPPEEEEEEEE
    since I gained 1 & 1/2 last week, I feel my true lose was 2 & 1/2 pounds. This brings me down to 11.9 - 11 pounds to goal. Really going to try hard at making good ground on this before Christmas.

@brownel - I'm not a great cook either (and a bit lazy about weighing / pointing) so I stock up on M&S meals. The count on us veg ones and also some of the Full for Longer ones (ham, chicken in red wine, beef bourginon all work out at 9pps). I find these a great help especially coming in the door from work.

TO GOAL AND BEYOND !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi Guys!

Tiny, the cake and Florentines went down a storm today! All gone! Thanks a million for the recipes!

Have a good weekend everyone!

CavanGal wrote: »
    Hi Guys!

Tiny, the cake and Florentines went down a storm today! All gone! Thanks a million for the recipes!

Have a good weekend everyone!

No problem! Glad they turned out well. Did you double the recipe for the cake?

Havent done any baking in ages and there is a recipe in the new WW mag that i think I'm going to try out over xmas!

Really craving a glass of wine this weekend but just dont have the propoints! Just gonna have to exercise some self control - hope you all have a great weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Hmmm so I've managed to pick myself up a bit since my bad day on Tuesday... Was good with my food Wednesday and Thursday (and so far today) pointed everything, went to the gym Wednesday, a walk Thursday and gym again today and hopefully tomorrow morning. The OH decided to buy tickets last minute for tomorrow nights game in the Aviva so I've decided if I'm good up until then I'll get myself a 'Burrito in a bowl' from the yummy Boojum in town for dinner before we head onto the match... Hoping i can undo Tuesdays damage... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ceoil_Cailin

Hi All,
    Hope everyones week went well!
    I just have a quick question for you all - is it true that I HAVE to use my weeklies every week? I thought that they were there to tap into ONLY if I needed them???
    I haven't been using them at all so far in the last 4 weeks - if I start using them now will I stop losing weight I wonder !!!!

I rarely use my weekly points as I usually save them just incase I manage to get a babysitter to get out at the weekend, which is only every 3-4 weeks! I didn't think they HAD to be used.

I'm cooking the marmite pasta dish for myself and my veggie friend tonight, hope it goes down well :)

No guys, they don't have to be used. Some people save them for special occasions or might divide them up and add them onto their daily points. In my exeperience I've lost the weeks that I've used them and the weeks that I haven't.

I find for the weeklies it depends on the person. I try to use at least half of them each week, i don't want my body to get used to not having them so that when I need to use them I may not get as good a loss. I don't eat them for the sake of it but find I need some sort of 'treat' each week to keep me on track. The closer I get to goal the less I think I can use all of them and lose as much as I did at the start - If I have used every single one I may only lose half a pound or STS. I don't think I've had a single week in the whole year where I haven't used one of them though. They are there to be used but you dont want to be eating just for the sake of it.

Had the ymmiest brekkie today - poached egg and potato cake.

http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/11/saturday-breakfast.html

Marmite pasta dish was seriously delicious. I'm so in love with it I'm going to have it again today, and it was so quick and easy to make!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Have not had a very good week, drank all around me on Thursday night, but as a result I couldn't eat on Friday. But then went for dinner last night, pasta and garlic bread, probably not the best order, Weightwatchers wise. I had such a good loss last week and really intended on being as good this week.. I guess Tuesday's WI will tell all!

• Advertisement

So I was quite disciplined at the rugby yesterday. I managed to drag myself out of bed to go to the gym yesterday morning, then had a 0pp bowl of soup and a bowl of fruit and yoghurt to keep me going until I got to town. As planned, I treated myself to a chicken fajita in a bowl (all the goodness of a fajota without the wrap!) from the yummy mexican restaurant in town before walking from there out to the Aviva (about a 40 minute walk) which I was quite proud of with the hope that it may have helped to work off some of the grub! Got to the Aviva and managed to resist the burger/hotdog stalls all over the placewith every second person munching away, I just kept sipping my water! We got a taxi back into town where the OH got a few small munchies in Burger King. I sipped away on some tea while he had his fries. Got home, had 2 bananas and some weetabix and that was me for the night! Bit of rant I know but was quite proud of my ability to resist over the day, really hoping it'll pay off on the scales tomorrow night but still cant help but feel like its not going to be a good result.. :confused:

Advertisement