Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ceoil_Cailin

Taz1 wrote: »
    So I was quite disciplined at the rugby yesterday. I managed to drag myself out of bed to go to the gym yesterday morning, then had a 0pp bowl of soup and a bowl of fruit and yoghurt to keep me going until I got to town. As planned, I treated myself to a chicken fajita in a bowl (all the goodness of a fajota without the wrap!) from the yummy mexican restaurant in town before walking from there out to the Aviva (about a 40 minute walk) which I was quite proud of with the hope that it may have helped to work off some of the grub! Got to the Aviva and managed to resist the burger/hotdog stalls all over the placewith every second person munching away, I just kept sipping my water! We got a taxi back into town where the OH got a few small munchies in Burger King. I sipped away on some tea while he had his fries. Got home, had 2 bananas and some weetabix and that was me for the night! Bit of rant I know but was quite proud of my ability to resist over the day, really hoping it'll pay off on the scales tomorrow night but still cant help but feel like its not going to be a good result.. :confused:

Taz that's brilliant self discipline ! You should feel really proud of yourself.
    I on the other hand had a really bad weekend. Managed to go to a party Saturday night and not drink or touch the food (brought my own instead) - but Sunday I just couldn't stop eating !!!!!! I was seriously hungry ALL day long. Breakfast, dinner and supper were good meals, but then had biscuits, cake ;( first time i really broke out.
    I am starting again today and being really disciplined - it's hard not to let the guilt get to yourself though !!!
    So close to goal now - only 6lbs away (hopefully not more after that weekend) from it. So need to cop on !!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Up 1/2 a lb...boo hoo!
    It's only what i deserve really, was out on friday night, ate in the pigs ear on nassau street, was yummie, didn't make good choices, decided to order what i wanted. Drank a skin full of wine, and a good few G&T's after that!!!
    Then saturday I didn't exactly control my eating either!!!

Back on track today though!
    Sometimes i think after doing WW for 6 weeks or so, you need to have a blow out to feel normal.... does anyone else feel like that??

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Lormuz wrote: »
    Sometimes i think after doing WW for 6 weeks or so, you need to have a blow out to feel normal.... does anyone else feel like that??

I found the exact same thing when I started!! About 8 weeks in I just took a break, ate all around me but I needed it! Ended up gaining 2lbs but my leader said I'd have my first stone lost by christmas so I could afford to have a week like that.

The next week I was completely back on track, it was like when I first started WW, I had all my motivation back and lost 2.5lbs.

So maybe that was just me but I think sometimes you need to take a bit of a break, just don't go overboard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Lormuz wrote: »
    Back on track today though!

I think you have to do this or you wont stick to Weight Watchers, because this i what happens in life, we all fall off the wagon but the main thing is the next day or two you get back on track. Very hard to be good all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Hello all,
    Back from my great weekend in Monaco. Well I did as I said, had a few tasty drinks but didn't overindulge much on the food front. WI this morning said, guess what???STS once again. Which is good but that is 3 weeks in a row now and I have only been back for 5 weeks.
    One of my friends that went on the trip is a GP and I explained what has been going on with me and she advised me to look into the 5:2 diet (similar to ADF and IF diets) which has apparently been having great results for some of her patients who have experienced similar weight loss plateaus to me. First it was nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem because I really thought if I heard one more person say if you diet and exercise it will definitely happen, when quite clearly that is not enough for me (She puts it down to metabolism). Secondly, It was good to get that advice from a trained professional. So, I'm gonna try and combine that with my weightwatchers for a few weeks and see if it breaks my plateau. Can't hurt. Something has to give eventually right? So, I'm gonna have my 2 days on 500 calories on a Monday and Wednesday because that is when I have college in the evenings so is easy to avoid too much temptation, and then normal propoints the rest of the week, including my weeklies if I need them. If anything else it will just break up my routine. Anyone got any experience of this or tried combining the 2?

• Advertisement

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    Back from my great weekend in Monaco. Well I did as I said, had a few tasty drinks but didn't overindulge much on the food front. WI this morning said, guess what???STS once again. Which is good but that is 3 weeks in a row now and I have only been back for 5 weeks.
    One of my friends that went on the trip is a GP and I explained what has been going on with me and she advised me to look into the 5:2 diet (similar to ADF and IF diets) which has apparently been having great results for some of her patients who have experienced similar weight loss plateaus to me. First it was nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem because I really thought if I heard one more person say if you diet and exercise it will definitely happen, when quite clearly that is not enough for me (She puts it down to metabolism). Secondly, It was good to get that advice from a trained professional. So, I'm gonna try and combine that with my weightwatchers for a few weeks and see if it breaks my plateau. Can't hurt. Something has to give eventually right? So, I'm gonna have my 2 days on 500 calories on a Monday and Wednesday because that is when I have college in the evenings so is easy to avoid too much temptation, and then normal propoints the rest of the week, including my weeklies if I need them. If anything else it will just break up my routine. Anyone got any experience of this or tried combining the 2?

I have heard alot about the benefits of intermittent fasting for overall health alright and have been meaning to give it a go ! Might try it this week along with my weight watchers and see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Have been quite good this weekend.

I bought the WW calculator last week, only got it working today though. Hoping it will help with my tracking.

Also, had been pointing the Laughing Cow Light triangles at one point each, when in fact they are 2 for 1pp.......woo hoo, I can have an extra one with my crackers at break.

It's the little things in life eh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

New week! I feel like I've really slipped on tracking - not been writing things down which I swore I would do this time around! I do think I've been making good choices though and I hope I'm going to get away with my laziness. Tofu and soba noodle stir fry this evening - one of my favourite low point lovely things.

With regard to the weeklies, I always try to have about 15 left over. Not because I don't think I should have them, I'm just always worried that we'll have a suprise lunch in work or something the day of the weigh in and I like to have a few spare 'just in case'. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail and all that!

IF seems to have some benefits based on the research I've seen. I would admire anyone who is dedicated enough to do it - I fear I wouldn't have the strength of will for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

I have heard alot about the benefits of intermittent fasting for overall health alright and have been meaning to give it a go ! Might try it this week along with my weight watchers and see how it goes.

Right, well we can both give it a trial for a week or two and see how we get on. I might do tomorrow and Thursday this week as I have a week off college this week and Monday and Wed doesn't really suit. I'll just have a lowpoint soup for lunch and a low point dinner like I normally do and still be under 500 calories.

donnamc5 wrote: »

Right, well we can both give it a trial for a week or two and see how we get on. I might do tomorrow and Thursday this week as I have a week off college this week and Monday and Wed doesn't really suit. I'll just have a lowpoint soup for lunch and a low point dinner like I normally do and still be under 500 calories.

K !! Will do it tomorrow and Thursday also so ! ! Might give me the extra push I need to lose last few pounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 The Firpster

Dear Forum,
    I am a keen amateur baker and my wife is a professional weight watcher - In an attempt to stop ruining my point structure I would like a little help to 'refine' my recipes to be 'point-friendly'; can anyone help me with the following conversions please;

This is not a recipe - just want to know the conversions so that i can work out the proper points values.

100g Self raising Flour
    1 tbsp sunflower oil
    100g porridge oats
    1 egg (would powdered egg be better points)
    6 tbsp skimmed milk

Also, I have heard that a tbsp of soya flour and a little water is a good substitute for 1 egg - does anyone know if this would be a positive move or add more points.

If I can develop a mega low point cake slice I promise i will publish it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 The Firpster

Hi, me again,

Just found this recipe on an American site and I think it works out to 3 points a slice if anyone's interested - haven't tried it yet but I'll give it a go at the weekend.

3 eggs
    1 pinch of salt
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup corn starch
    2 tsp flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    Recipe Directions for Light sponge cake - only 100 cal per slice
    Separate eggs. Beat egg whites and salt until stiff.

Add sugar gradually and beat until stiff and sugar has dissolved.

Add egg yolks. Beat until well blended.

Sift together cornstarch, flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture.

Pour into two 20cm (8 inch) greased and lined cake tins.

Bake at 190c (350 F) for 15-20 min or until cake springs back when lightly touched.

Leave in cake tin for 10 min before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.

This cake is especially good if you sandwich the 2 layers together with raspberry jam and freshly whipped cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Down 2.5 and back to goal for the second (pretty much third!) time, now to try hover around this weight as best I can! Good luck all with WI's!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I had a bad couple of days. A family member passed away and had the funeral yesterday - and on top of that I havent been well either. I don't know what is wrong with me but I am really really run down. And i cant seem to shake it no matter how much sleep I get. I got into work and my boss sent me home cos I looked so unwell. If i feel like this in the morning im gonna head to the doctor. But anyway for the past 2 days I havent had the energy to cook but I have been forced to eat by people to keep my energy up - my sister forced some sugary drinks into me and everything. So i have been eating all the wrong weight watcher things. I managed to somehow find the energy to make some soup and hairy dieters cottage pie this evening (it literally took everything out of me) so at least now I have healthy, good food to eat for the next few days if this carries on.

Im not looking forward to being weight - it seems like every week there is something that is stopping me getting the last 11 pounds off!!I want my 50lb cert and I only have 1.5lbs to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭tartlet

Hi Everyone,

I dip in and out of this post every so often and this evening I have decided to give myself a kick in the bum and start WW properly. I am sick of being very overweight, 14st 9.5lb :(

I am the class clerk, which makes my weight even more embarrasing as I have not followed the plan for the bones of 2 years :o...time for all that to change. My class is Wednesday evenings so it all starts from the day after tomorrow.

My biggest motivation is that my sister is getting married in Aug next year, so that is giving me the push that I really need.

Can I ask ye what ye have for lunch and dinner? Im in need of ideas and inspiration! I am writing out a food plan to get me started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I need a serious kick up the hole in a bad way.............

Got married, went away, came back 15 stone 4.

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's pure laziness and greediness, I start on a Friday morning, use all the weeklies by Saturday, then say "Ah sure I'll just do what I want for the weekend and start Monday" and then by Tuesday I think "naaahhh it's weird weighing in on a Monday, I'll start a new week Thursday" and eat the weeklies again!!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME!!!!!!

/RANT. Ugh. Disgusted. DISGUSTED.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

I've lost my PP booklet, can anyone tell how many PP are in an egg, have been having 2 egg omelettes for breakfast, but wanna get back on the tracking wagon to get back to goal!

Also anybody got any other filling breakfasts they'd recommend?

intouch44 wrote: »
    I've lost my PP booklet, can anyone tell how many PP are in an egg, have been having 2 egg omelettes for breakfast, but wanna get back on the tracking wagon to get back to goal!

Also anybody got any other filling breakfasts they'd recommend?

A medium egg is 2pp and a large is 3pp.
    porridge is 3pp plus whatever milk you use...
    crumpets are 2pp and 1pp for butter...yummie!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

I'm full of questions today!!! Have been reading up on 'Simply Filling' and it looks interesting- most of the food I would eat when in the proper WW mentality is on it, am considering giving it a go- how do others find it? Do ye just do a day here or there or has anyone done a full week or longer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Dear Forum,
    I am a keen amateur baker and my wife is a professional weight watcher - In an attempt to stop ruining my point structure I would like a little help to 'refine' my recipes to be 'point-friendly'; can anyone help me with the following conversions please;

This is not a recipe - just want to know the conversions so that i can work out the proper points values.

100g Self raising Flour
    1 tbsp sunflower oil
    100g porridge oats
    1 egg (would powdered egg be better points)
    6 tbsp skimmed milk

Also, I have heard that a tbsp of soya flour and a little water is a good substitute for 1 egg - does anyone know if this would be a positive move or add more points.

If I can develop a mega low point cake slice I promise i will publish it!!

Hello,

Ive propointed this and as far as i can see it works out at 28 propoints. I hope this helps :-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Hello Everyone

Ive just blogged a new post for a beef casserole and its really tasty for 6 WW PP. Its on http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/11/weightwatchers-beef-mushroom-casserole.html I hope you all have a great week and great wi:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Really love your blog, and your recepies are really helping me stick to my tracking while still eating good food and not packet stuff which is easier to point! Just wanted to say thanks so much! Will be stocking up to try the curry and meatloaf this weekend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

I've had a terrible wk just have eaten all around me :( was doing so well...down 8.5lbs in a month and had planned on having a really good wk but just felt hungry all wkend so ate non stop!..and ate silly things too like just pigged out on junk! Had a whole bag of percy pigs from M&S which are 1pp per pig! Scandalous!! Even today I wasn't even hungry and I ate a moro which i just found out is 9pp!!!!! Crazy!!! :( So cross with myself. It's almost like just because I'm feeling colder I feel I need to eat more! Really need to hop back on the wagon now and try get 5.5lbs before xmas so that I'll be down my first stone! Don't want to throw the towel in just need to get out of this mood that I'm in!!!!! Rant over sorry! :(

I'm full of questions today!!! Have been reading up on 'Simply Filling' and it looks interesting- most of the food I would eat when in the proper WW mentality is on it, am considering giving it a go- how do others find it? Do ye just do a day here or there or has anyone done a full week or longer?

I haven't tried this coz i am a glutton, and if i'm told i can eat what i like, then i will, unfortunately i wouldn't trust myself to do this, i need boundaries!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Lost 2lb and am getting my seventh silver seven and my 50lb very tonight!! So happy

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I tried F&H when I had hit a plateau to see if the change of diet would help. If memory serves me right I lost 2lb after trying it for a few days out of one week. I though it was great because I felt a lot more satisified throughout the day, the only 2 bad things about it in my opinion is the fact that you've to take from your weeklies if you want a treat or for butter or sauces and the likes, and that its hard to tell when you're full sometimes and could overdo and take advantage of the system! I tried it the following week for the full week and I lost again but the week after that I cant remember whether I STS or gained but I didn't lose, so decided to go back to pp again. I think the STS/gain was because I wasnt been as strict with myself and took advantage of it a bit, or maybe that my body started to get used to it, its hard to tell! Either way, i'd say, if you can trust your will power, give it a try, even just for a day and see how you get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Lost 2lb and am getting my seventh silver seven and my 50lb very tonight!! So happy
    Well done! You've worked so hard- I'm delighted for you. Are you feeling better today?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Hi

For breakfast during the week I normally have porridge with skimmed milk and a tea spoon of no added sugar jam. Mid morning I have a satsuma or berries.
    Lunch during the week I have WW bagel with low fat cream cheese or low fat laughing cow with rocket. Usually have low fat Greek style yoghurt or carrot sticks or celery. I find these really filling after I have had my lunch. Sometimes have soup.
    Weekends are difficult for me but last weekend I had 2 sausages (sometimes have quorn), turkey rashers (2) or sometimes proper bacon (1), scramble egg with two egg whites, mushrooms and one slice of toast. Sometimes I run out of breakfast ideas but I think the porridge works for me as it is filling. My other big issue is I love coffee so am cutting that down as i take milk in it and with the amount i normally drink it adds up quickly. Trying to replace with green tea. Would like to find a herbal tea I like if anyone can suggest any nice ones? Not too fruity ones though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Hi everyone!

I've been dipping in and out of here but have never posted before. I recently joined ww (16/10/12) to be exact, and I have lost 6lbs so far!:D

Anyway, I was just wondering has anyone any tips for us newcomers? So far what I find good is the tracking, I try my hardest to track every day... It's hard though. I also try to incorporate some exercise into my week also, (do zumba once a week and try and walk every other night)

Anyhow best of luck to everyone trying this:)

• Advertisement

Down 2lbs :) 10.5lbs down in 5 weeks and 4lbs away from my goal WAHOOOOOOO !!
    AND I used my weeklies aswell for the first time this weekend - so you can still lose weight when you use your weeklies which is great :)
    Back to the grindstone tomorrow !!
    Let's all have a great week again this week :)
    We can do it !!!!!!!!!

Advertisement