Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ck83 wrote: »
    Well done! You've worked so hard- I'm delighted for you. Are you feeling better today?

Am a little better, went to the doctor and will be off work tomorrow too - so Im glad I am prepared with the soup in the fridge and leftovers which will keep me going right up to the end of the week. Delighted with the result tonight!
    offaly1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I've been dipping in and out of here but have never posted before. I recently joined ww (16/10/12) to be exact, and I have lost 6lbs so far!:D

Anyway, I was just wondering has anyone any tips for us newcomers? So far what I find good is the tracking, I try my hardest to track every day... It's hard though. I also try to incorporate some exercise into my week also, (do zumba once a week and try and walk every other night)

Anyhow best of luck to everyone trying this:)

Tracking is the best thng to do - even if you think youve gone over still write it down and face the music. Lots of water and planning, make sure you have good food in the house and you know what you are going to do with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ceoil_Cailin

Lost 2lb and am getting my seventh silver seven and my 50lb very tonight!! So happy

That is brilliant !!!! Well done :)

Double post - ooops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Weighing in tomorrow after a so so week. Was great for tracking up until Sunday, but then things started to slide. Only thing is I have to weigh in later than usual tomorrow, so I'm likely to have a gain because of that alone. Not to worry... Ill have another good week, and it'll all show next week! Imgoi g to have to dust offmy 30 day shred dvd soon, or my joints will seize up from lack of use! Good luck this week everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi offaly1, I agree with tiny, Tracking is vital. Weighing is essential too...I find I'm better of with "pointed" products...like the m&s baked potaotoes are 6pps or the count on us meals. I'm not a great weigher so tend to avoid items that I can add a sneaky few extras in, like pasta, I completely go over 130g's and screw myself up.

Ceoil_Cailin - well done on the loss, you're so close. IMO I thought weeklies were meant to be used and will still allow for heatly weight loss.

Re Filling & Healthy - yes Taz you're right - You have to dip into your weeklies for sauces. My leader suggested holding back 10 pps each week for sauces etc. I'd rather the wine though!! It leaves little room for boldness at the weekends I find!! And you have to eat slow to register your fullness.

Absolutely dredding WI tomorrow. I want a loss each week upto Christmas - no matter how small, I need a loss to keep going. Have been tracking well but made wrong decisions which will bite me in the ass for sure!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi guys,

It's been a bad week for me. I just can't seem to eat one 2pp bar, I eat 4! I'm good all day and then lose the run of myself in the evenings and eat all around me, pp be damned!

I walked Sunday and had double tag Monday and I am going to spin for the next 3 evenings. I had a quiet weekend planned but now we are going for Thai on Friday as we have a voucher that runs out next week and my friend invited a group of us to dinner in her house Saturday. I will try to rein it in and I will drive Saturday and have Diet Coke on Friday with the Thai so alcohol will be cut out of the equation.

I feel it's not my main meals which are the issue. It is, as it always has been, my snacking and addiction to blooming chocolate. I think I am going to have to stop keeping any treats in the house which is a depressing thought but I clearly can't control myself!

Sorry for the doom and gloom post but I feel my chance to lose a stone by Christmas is slipping away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Lost 2lb and am getting my seventh silver seven and my 50lb very tonight!! So happy

Well done tiny! You've worked so hard, you really deserve it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

@ Cavan Gir:

Get the mini merguines (aldi for 1pp) and break them up over a bowl fruit & youghurt, they are lovely and sweet & I find them great in the evening when I start craving something sweet. Don't get rid of the chocolate but maybe buy less - one pack of the ww bars per week.

I've got my WI this eve & dreading it too!! I'm great during the week but by the weekend everything just goes out the window...it's so frustrating because by Monday I'm panicking! Will I ever learn??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

CavanGal wrote: »
    Hi guys,

It's been a bad week for me. I just can't seem to eat one 2pp bar, I eat 4! I'm good all day and then lose the run of myself in the evenings and eat all around me, pp be damned!

I walked Sunday and had double tag Monday and I am going to spin for the next 3 evenings. I had a quiet weekend planned but now we are going for Thai on Friday as we have a voucher that runs out next week and my friend invited a group of us to dinner in her house Saturday. I will try to rein it in and I will drive Saturday and have Diet Coke on Friday with the Thai so alcohol will be cut out of the equation.

I feel it's not my main meals which are the issue. It is, as it always has been, my snacking and addiction to blooming chocolate. I think I am going to have to stop keeping any treats in the house which is a depressing thought but I clearly can't control myself!

Sorry for the doom and gloom post but I feel my chance to lose a stone by Christmas is slipping away.

I'm exactly the same!! Feel like I do so well but the second I walk into the house in the evening I literally eat my round the kitchen like pacman!! Can't control it and it really upsets me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elle1979

Hi everyone,

First of all well done to you all, there is fantastic dedication and results here!

I restarted WW last week so my first weigh in is tonight.

A bit of background, I did WW at home about 6 yrs ago before my wedding and went from 12st 6lb to 11st 1lb, I am 5' 6" so this was within my healthy BMI and a weight that i seemed to be able to maintain comfortably.

Then i had kids!

I went up to 14st 7lb at my heaviest after my first child was born 5 yrs ago, and i've hovered between this and 12st 6lbs.

I did lose with WW last year but then i became pregnant and had my second child this time last year. So I decided that I needed the advice and encouragement of a meeting, so signed up and paid for the 7 week deal to take me up to christmas. I was hoping to lose almost a stone but its not looking good for some reason, and I was hoping to get some advice!

So i weighed in last wed night on the WW scales at 14st 1lb. I checked this on my home scales just so I could keep track, and they showed the same weight.

On thurs morn I also weighed myself and it showed up as 13st 13lb, which makes sense as everyone is heavier in the evenings. I just wanted to know where I stood as I prefer to weigh myself first thing in the mornings as I feel it is a truer result. So this morn I weighed in at 13st 10lb which would show a 3lb loss, great, but all my evening weigh ins show that i am still pretty much at 14st 1lb, and I've a feeling that is what the WW scales will show at the meeting tonight. Now I know i shouldnt be weighing in daily, but I just wanted to try and get a feel for where i was in my first week. In the past I have lost approx 5lbs in my first week, but this is when I weigh myself first thing in the morn, for my "WW at home' weigh in. The one other time I went to meetings, I lost nothing in my first week, fell off the wagon with the frustration, and then decided to have a baby so left anyway. This time I am determined to get to my goal, but fear if I show no loss that all my enthusiasm and dedication will wane.

Sorry for this very long and confusing post, but if anyone has any advice or explanations I would love to hear them!

• Advertisement

I'm exactly the same!! Feel like I do so well but the second I walk into the house in the evening I literally eat my round the kitchen like pacman!! Can't control it and it really upsets me!

It upsets me too Rachael and even as I eat the blooming things, I think these aren't worth it and I'm going to feel so guilty in about 30 seconds. It's like there is no connection between my brain and my mouth. Then it's oh I've had 3 and I'm screwed so why stop now. Grr!

If my bf is in the living room with me, I eat far less as I know he will give out to me (in an encouraging way) but last night for example, he was on his playstation (new game :rolleyes:) in the other room so I just kept going back to the cupboard. At work, I barely touch any sweets or have one or two like everyone else as I'd be mortified if they thought I was greedy!

I feel better though getting it off my chest and knowing that I am not the only freak ;) My WI is Friday but I am going to aim for next Friday as my lose a good few pounds date and be good for the next 9 days and hope for a big loss to get me back on track. It has been a very slow road for me but I really want to feel confident in swimwear by my exotic holiday in February. 11 weeks! Eek!

PS Thanks Natmus, I will definitely try that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Weigh in tonight! Have been ok this week, the WW calculator has really helped with tracking, its a god send. I've gone from tracking 5/7 days to 6/7 days this week, and going forward i'll be tracking 7/7......thats the plan anyway, really need to take things up a gear coming up to Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

It upsets me too Rachael and even as I eat the blooming things, I think these aren't worth it and I'm going to feel so guilty in about 30 seconds. It's like there is no connection between my brain and my mouth. Then it's oh I've had 3 and I'm screwed so why stop now. Grr!

If my bf is in the living room with me, I eat far less as I know he will give out to me (in an encouraging way) but last night for example, he was on his playstation (new game :rolleyes:) in the other room so I just kept going back to the cupboard. At work, I barely touch any sweets or have one or two like everyone else as I'd be mortified if they thought I was greedy!

I feel better though getting it off my chest and knowing that I am not the only freak ;) My WI is Friday but I am going to aim for next Friday as my lose a good few pounds date and be good for the next 9 days and hope for a big loss to get me back on track. It has been a very slow road for me but I really want to feel confident in swimwear by my exotic holiday in February. 11 weeks! Eek!

PS Thanks Natmus, I will definitely try that!

Girls, Ye have a triplet, that's exactly what I'm at and it's actually starting to really depress me. WI tomorrow evening, bleurgh.

I am actually contemplating just buying the absolute minimum food that I can get away with so that there's nothing in the house TO snack on. I point and track all day long, then by 6pm it's like "how much can I stuff in my mouth before bed?" - Absolutely sick of it and so annoyed with myself. I need to cop on so much it's not funny - also I'm running out of clothes, I gave all my size 18/20s away and the 16s are getting awful tight?! FOOL.

Girls, Ye have a triplet, that's exactly what I'm at and it's actually starting to really depress me. WI tomorrow evening, bleurgh.

I am actually contemplating just buying the absolute minimum food that I can get away with so that there's nothing in the house TO snack on. I point and track all day long, then by 6pm it's like "how much can I stuff in my mouth before bed?" - Absolutely sick of it and so annoyed with myself. I need to cop on so much it's not funny - also I'm running out of clothes, I gave all my size 18/20s away and the 16s are getting awful tight?! FOOL.

We should start a new "Failing at WW" thread. ;)

No, we can pull it back! As the seasoned professionals here say - point everything! So I am going to do that and after spinning tonight, eat my dinner and then get my OH to tie my hands together and lock the kitchen! Its time for some tough love!! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Water, water everywhere, yet I'd rather drink Pepsi max, does anyone else find you need to force feed yourself water ?

ccseli wrote: »
    Water, water everywhere, yet I'd rather drink Pepsi max, does anyone else find you need to force feed yourself water ?

At this time of year yes I absolutley do. I am fine in work where I have a water bottle on my desk but at home it just doesnt happen. Home sick at the moment and doctor specifically says to keep my fluid intake up and I realise its 3 oclock and I havent had a glass of water yet - something very wrong with that. I have made myself drink nearly 2 litres since then.

And i know how much of a difference the water makes, it just constantly slips my mind. I am a pepsi max fiend also - limit myself to one can a day unless I am using it as mixer, but I could easily drink a lot more!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

At this time of year yes I absolutley do. I am fine in work where I have a water bottle on my desk but at home it just doesnt happen. Home sick at the moment and doctor specifically says to keep my fluid intake up and I realise its 3 oclock and I havent had a glass of water yet - something very wrong with that. I have made myself drink nearly 2 litres since then.

And i know how much of a difference the water makes, it just constantly slips my mind. I am a pepsi max fiend also - limit myself to one can a day unless I am using it as mixer, but I could easily drink a lot more!

I could easily drink more. When I start drinking water I'm fine it's just getting starters. I think I need to limit my intake starting tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Down 1.5, yay!! Now only 4.5 lbs until goal, gonna be soo good and have those gone by xmas (hopefully) :D

I STS this avo... Delighted with that, since I weighed later in the day than usual. I treated myself to a hot chicken roll today for lunch after my WI. Ill do my best to track like mad for the rest of the week now. I did the prepay 7 for 5 last week, so want value for money!
    Off work the next two days, so ill have to get my walks in!

Down 1lb, thought it would be more, but at least it's in the right direction!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭66dunaras

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Down 1lb, thought it would be more, but at least it's in the right direction!

Well done! Also was down 1lb and using the same mantra! I like to think of a pound of butter and imagine thats d amount of fat thats gone from my body :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

66dunaras wrote: »
    Well done! Also was down 1lb and using the same mantra! I like to think of a pound of butter and imagine thats d amount of fat thats gone from my body :D

That's what I do too!! Every since my mother pointed it out to me it's stuck in my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

We should start a new "Failing at WW" thread. ;)

No, we can pull it back! As the seasoned professionals here say - point everything! So I am going to do that and after spinning tonight, eat my dinner and then get my OH to tie my hands together and lock the kitchen! Its time for some tough love!! :(

Reading your posts it's like I'm reading about myself have lost all control like ye great during the day but as soon as I get home it's like I'm a bottomless pit. But went for a run this evening just ate my dinner and am now really trying hard to resist snacking cause I have wi tomorrow. It's like all the talk of Christmas, has me in the ah sure it's Christmas frame of mind, not good. Have to b really good this week cause I'm going away next weekend so NO SNACKING!!! It is good to write these things down Good look to all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

GOAL! :D

Was down 2.5 tonight so I'm 1.5 under goal which gives me a nice window while I experiment with upping my daily allowance.

I am very happy tonight!

I'm the opposite of everyone else. It's at work during the day I struggle the most. I work in a hospital, and at this time of year, there's chocolate and biscuits EVERYWHERE! I keep popping them into my mouth without thinking, and then once I pop, I just can't stop! I think that's why I was so successful at ww for the first half of the year- I was off work, and much more in control!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

cosmic wrote: »

Was down 2.5 tonight so I'm 1.5 under goal which gives me a nice window while I experiment with upping my daily allowance.

I am very happy tonight!

Wow cosmic that is great what a lovely time of year to get it looking fab for Christmas well done send a bit of motivation my way please I'm 5 from goal (prob b more tomorrow) but the way it feels it might aswel be 50 can't stop eating ;(

I am very happy tonight!

Congrats, great news, I feel like i'm forever away from goal, it's lovely to hear people getting there, it makes it feel real, like it will really happen some day! :D

Again, well done!

I am very happy tonight!

Well done cosmic! Am delighted for you - nice seeing peoples hard work pay off!
    Good luck with maintanance!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

shanna83 wrote: »

Hi All,
    I am exactly the same and whats more I have fallen off the exercise wagon too, I had a brilliant weekend away and didn't even think about how much I ate or drank. Weighed in this morning, 10stone 3.8, target for Christmas is 9.9, So tomorrow going to buy a nice new notebook and track every morsal that goes into my mouth. Glad I'm not the only one, my fridge is constantly empty because I do not trust myself to buy nice food thats ready to eat without cooking... I guess I am a binge eater:(

• Advertisement

Maidie, I am a total binge eater too! I find its all or nothing as in the only way to avoid a total pig out is to avoid the food altogether. It's incredibly frustrating as then I spend the whole evening craving!!

CK83, I completely understand the work sweets. I work in a office so sweets appear regularly expecially when someone comes back from holidays. I can only imagine what it will be like in a few weeks. My mum works in a hospital too and she (the skinny malinx that she is) says that she finds if she eats none, she's fine but if she has even one she is screwed for the day (or night). So of course she goes for none. Why oh why can't self-control be genetic??

I had a good evening yesterday, spin and home to spag and meatballs with yummy sauce made by my lovely OH who proudly told me he had added herbs etc but nothing with any points. Then I had a mini Kitkat as I had the points left. I just hope spinning will undo the damage from the other evenings. WI tomorrow so I shall find out then.

Advertisement