Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elle1979

Down 3lbs at my first weigh in last night so delighted!

If anyone read my earlier post about scales confusion, ignore it, I will be putting my scales up to the attic, and just going by the WW one each week :)

Well done everyone is doing brilliantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Well done Cosmic, Great to hear success even if I am jealous!!!

I was 1lb down last night & was delighted as I really thought I'd be up after my w/end away. Delighted to be focused again - it makes it so much easier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Elle1979 wrote: »
    Down 3lbs at my first weigh in last night so delighted!

If anyone read my earlier post about scales confusion, ignore it, I will be putting my scales up to the attic, and just going by the WW one each week :)

Well done everyone is doing brilliantly!

That's a good idea. I have a dreadful habit of hopping on and off the bathroom scales at home.- one I really need to kick. I too have been threatens the scales with the attic, but I can't seem to make myself do it- it's like I want to be aware what to expect when I get on the WW scales- although if I follow the plan then obviously I should expect a loss, and if I don't I should expect a STS!
    Maybe ill take the plunge this week!

Lost 2lb and am getting my seventh silver seven and my 50lb very tonight!! So happy

I just saw the photo on your blog. That cert is fab. Nice way to mark such a big achievement! It made me a little more determined to get mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ck83 wrote: »
    I just saw the photo on your blog. That cert is fab. Nice way to mark such a big achievement! It made me a little more determined to get mine!

I love it, I cant stop looking at it when I'm at home haha. Have to find somewhere great to display it now!

• Advertisement

That's a good idea. I have a dreadful habit of hopping on and off the bathroom scales at home.- one I really need to kick. I too have been threatens the scales with the attic, but I can't seem to make myself do it- it's like I want to be aware what to expect when I get on the WW scales- although if I follow the plan then obviously I should expect a loss, and if I don't I should expect a STS!
    Maybe ill take the plunge this week!

I think the danger is if you know you've been within your points all week, and you are not seeing a result, you may say to hell with it, and have a blow out!

My leader was saying that when she first started WW her scales at home showed a 3lb loss, but her WW weigh in showed she was up a half lb! So can you imagine the disappointment!

I love it, I cant stop looking at it when I'm at home haha. Have to find somewhere great to display it now!

Tiny penguin congratulations, that is just fantastic. Do you mind me asking when you began your weightloss journey? Your blog is brilliant btw :)

I've had so many ups and downs lately that I can't remember exactly how far I have to go to get one, but it isn't far. The push is on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Hi all,
    can i join you? Im starting today at home because Im so broke at the moment and its hard to fit a class in with work and my daughter. Have plenty to lose but I've finally told my partner my weight-after nearly four years- so he'll weigh me in every Friday morning-i chose that because i always found Friday weigh ins suit and I'll probably use all my weeklies over Friday and Saturday!

Tiny Penguin i see you've done amazingly could i have a link to your blob please?
    Off to do my first ww shop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Elle1979 wrote: »
    Tiny penguin congratulations, that is just fantastic. Do you mind me asking when you began your weightloss journey? Your blog is brilliant btw :)

Thanks! I started back in january. TBH i didnt expect to get this far this quickly, I had set my goal being june of next year but I only have 9lbs to go to goal. Hopefully now looking at january/february depending on how xmas goes for me!
    I've had so many ups and downs lately that I can't remember exactly how far I have to go to get one, but it isn't far. The push is on!!

Keep going you will get there - the last few pounds to the 50lb mark were tough but I made it. If i can do it then so can you!
    CarMe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    can i join you? Im starting today at home because Im so broke at the moment and its hard to fit a class in with work and my daughter. Have plenty to lose but I've finally told my partner my weight-after nearly four years- so he'll weigh me in every Friday morning-i chose that because i always found Friday weigh ins suit and I'll probably use all my weeklies over Friday and Saturday!

Tiny Penguin i see you've done amazingly could i have a link to your blob please?
    Off to do my first ww shop :)

Welcome to the thread - the support here is as good as any meeting and great you have someone else to weigh you in - that would be my prob wihtout the meeting, I would need someone to weigh me!

My blog is http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Hey guys, so i've been having a good week so far, but I was just wondering, could I be doing damage by not eating all of my points 1 or 2 of the days of my week? I know its not good to be doing it in general as they should be eaten, but I always find myself being really strict on myself for morning and lunch meaning I've 19 or so left for the evening incase I've an unusually big dinner (usually use max 10pp) and my evening treat. Last night for example I had 7 points left over heading over to my OHs house, half of this was on purpose because I never know what he's going to offer me while I'm there. He had cake and custard and offered me some and although I had 7pp left and this could have covered it I figured it wouldn't be the best way to spend 7 points so just said no and the points were left unused for the day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Tiny and Cosmic well done on your great achievements!! I haven't had much time to post here as work has been insane but I have been keeping up. You both really are inspirational and I am determined once and for all to get rid of this weight. I spent the latter stages of my teens overweight, I'm not going to spend my 20's either!!

Well done to everyone else who had losses. I see a lot of people have been struggling. I too have a problem with snacking and junk food. Generally my main meals are 90% perfect. The difficulty is putting the bad days behind you. One bad day won't derail weeks of work. Lots of bad weeks will.

However my diet has gone completely out the window with work. Between being on client site and long hours its been very difficult to stick to plan. Not to mention all the social events that work keep organising and as I'm new its very difficult to say no and it seems rude to not have the food and drink they're offering. Anyway I'm drawing a line under it and I just have to get stricter with myself. I weigh at home and I'm trying to decide the best WI day. I'm thinking Friday as it means I have to be strict during the week which believe it or not is my worse time. Weekends at home I have no problem with. What days do people at home WI on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mossimo9

maidie wrote: »

Hi All,
    I am exactly the same and whats more I have fallen off the exercise wagon too, I had a brilliant weekend away and didn't even think about how much I ate or drank. Weighed in this morning, 10stone 3.8, target for Christmas is 9.9, So tomorrow going to buy a nice new notebook and track every morsal that goes into my mouth. Glad I'm not the only one, my fridge is constantly empty because I do not trust myself to buy nice food thats ready to eat without cooking... I guess I am a binge eater:(

I'm the exact same weight at the moment maidie and my goal Is the same as you also!!!
    We can do it!! If i do ill be down 2 stone since jan. Slow but im delighted with that! :) Think of how good we will feel for Christmas. I joined boxercise classes 3 days away so I'm finding that good, it's so severe that I feel terrible eating anything bad after putting my body through that. The less I exercise the more I eat and then the more I exercise the less I tend to eat as it really motivates me.
    Good luck to us both on our goals and to everyone else!

I've just been to the dentist... that's one way to cut down the points consumed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Well done all. I was down 2 lbs this evening. Happy with that. A few busy weekends coming up. Anyone know anything about propoints values in Moroccan food and what the best options are?
    I have a niggling fear and I wonder if anyone else feels the same? I have lost weight in the past, getting to my "goal", then over time I allowed it to creep back on.
    I really want to lose weight and keep it off so trying to do it slowly and properly this time. In the back of my head though I kind of fear getting to goal, whatever that might be? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Just made this, its quite yummy :)

Super Easy Creamy Mushroom Soup

Servings:2
    PP per serving:1

Ingredients:
    350g Mushrooms
    1 Medium Onion
    1 Pint Chicken/Vegetable Stock
    1/4 Pint Skimmed Milk
    2 Tablespoons Flour
    Cooking Spray
    Salt and Pepper

Finely chop onion. Clean and chop mushrooms. Fry onion in cooking spray for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and fry for a further 4 minutes. Sprinkle flour into pan and stir well to remove lumps. Add half of the stock. Stir and scrape cooked flour off bottom until thickening. Add half the milk, stirring all the time. Continue to add stock and milk in turn until all added. Adjust seasoning and add plenty of pepper. Simmer very gently for 20 minutes. Whizz in a food processor or with a stick blender until smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

mossimo9 wrote: »
    I'm the exact same weight at the moment maidie and my goal Is the same as you also!!!
    We can do it!! If i do ill be down 2 stone since jan. Slow but im delighted with that! :) Think of how good we will feel for Christmas. I joined boxercise classes 3 days away so I'm finding that good, it's so severe that I feel terrible eating anything bad after putting my body through that. The less I exercise the more I eat and then the more I exercise the less I tend to eat as it really motivates me.
    Good luck to us both on our goals and to everyone else!

Hi Mossimo, great to have the company and ceoil cailin was also the same weight and target but doing a bit better than me this week:o I went to boxercise before and it was fantastic but classes nearby stopped so missing that, I started off great this morning with my all bran 40gr and skimmed milk for 5PP, then baked cod for dinner and all downhill after that with biscuits, cappucino and half a bar of choc. I'm an all or nothing person, when I'm in the right frame of mind I lose every week and exercise 5 days but I'm gone to the dogs lately, going to start afresh now so lets keep in touch and good luck to us all;)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Morning ladies,
    Was bitterly disappointed last night...up a pound.
    I had a chat at home (with my dad) and we identified where'd gone wrong. Expecting a weight loss having had 3 decent nights out on the wine in a week is not realistic.

So reality bites.

Changes for this week -
    1. Not drinking alcohol this week. It's a sacrafice I have to make in order to lose weight, end of.
    2. Point accurately. 4 m&s toffee sweets do not equal 1 pp.
    3. Think before I eat. I want value for points.

Enjoy the weekend everyone, great to have the continuous support on here. It's definately helping me.

Thanks,

Taz1 wrote: »
    Just made this, its quite yummy :)

Super Easy Creamy Mushroom Soup

Servings:2
    PP per serving:1

Ingredients:
    350g Mushrooms
    1 Medium Onion
    1 Pint Chicken/Vegetable Stock
    1/4 Pint Skimmed Milk
    2 Tablespoons Flour
    Cooking Spray
    Salt and Pepper

Finely chop onion. Clean and chop mushrooms. Fry onion in cooking spray for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and fry for a further 4 minutes. Sprinkle flour into pan and stir well to remove lumps. Add half of the stock. Stir and scrape cooked flour off bottom until thickening. Add half the milk, stirring all the time. Continue to add stock and milk in turn until all added. Adjust seasoning and add plenty of pepper. Simmer very gently for 20 minutes. Whizz in a food processor or with a stick blender until smooth.

I'm going to make this for lunch today. Think there's either a misprint and its more than 2 servings, or else there's 2 pp in each serving tho? There must be a point in the stock, one in the milk, and two in the flour??

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Expecting a weight loss having had 3 decent nights out on the wine in a week is not realistic.

As a student, I understand how difficult it is to sacrifice alcohol, it's part of how we unwind after all!! When I started WW at the beginning on September I thought alcohol was going to be my biggest obstacle. However, thankfully (kinda) I'm doing a Masters this year and with all the work I have on I literally have no time to go out anymore. It's amazing how much weight I'm losing by not drinking every week and how much better I feel. Also love not fearing the dreaded hangover!! ;)

Saying that, I had a pretty major night out last week, copious amounts of vodka was consumed (without diet drinks as a mixer :eek:) but I still managed to lose 1.5lbs. So I think it can be done, there's no need to deny yourself completely, just go a bit easier than I did last week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Down a lb today. I can't believe it after my blow outs this week! Exercise must work better than I thought!

Have a cold today so I really will have to push myself to spin tonight. I want a big loss next week to get me on the road to a slim Christmas! My thai meal has been moved to Tuesday so I have to try to control myself tonight! Eeek!

In relation to alcohol, I often feel it's the after effects like the hangover binge which effects me, not the actual alcohol. And, Flowerpower, I am so bad for eating about 10 sweets and saying oh I had 5 and pointing them as 2pp. Cheat!!

Taz, thanks so much for the recipe. I love mushroom soup! I just have to buy a flask so I can bring it to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Bit of advice required please. I had a chicken curry with half rice and half chips in the pub at lunchtime. I had all my weeklies and 16pps left for today so I'm sure I'm covered but was hoping someone could tell me the points or thereabout. It was a decent portion so your standard chinese size really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

I have posted the incorrect post but am currently working on getting out the actual 1 but my computer is currently misbehaving

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Day 2 ww today and Im really enjoying it!
    I've dabbled for so many years with so many diets I reeeally hope this could be it! Can i just ask, do you all use your full
    49pro points a week? I plan on using mine over the weekends on maybe a take away and a few drinks? This feels really cheatery to me! Is it advised to eat them all or if you want to lose more not to eat them? Any info or opinions would be great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mossimo9

Hi Mossimo, great to have the company and ceoil cailin was also the same weight and target but doing a bit better than me this week:o I went to boxercise before and it was fantastic but classes nearby stopped so missing that, I started off great this morning with my all bran 40gr and skimmed milk for 5PP, then baked cod for dinner and all downhill after that with biscuits, cappucino and half a bar of choc. I'm an all or nothing person, when I'm in the right frame of mind I lose every week and exercise 5 days but I'm gone to the dogs lately, going to start afresh now so lets keep in touch and good luck to us all;)

I know what you mean, my OH half has a very sweet tooth and I'm always tempted by the 'mini' bars in the bowl :/
    Its so hard to be good all the time, just remember each day is a new day to put it right again.
    Yeah exactly, start fresh! Exercise really is the key though :(
    We'll just keep thinking of lovely dresses for Xmas and looking amazing! I'm in Oz and the flipping meetings shut down 3months ago and 200k from the nearest one ha ha so I'm doing it alone. I weigh myself every second day and track EVERYTHING on the iphone ww app, it's brilliant! Dying to go home in 4 weeks and see if anyone noticed a difference in me since jan! fingers crossed!
    Best of luck with it and keep us posted! :)

I'm going to make this for lunch today. Think there's either a misprint and its more than 2 servings, or else there's 2 pp in each serving tho? There must be a point in the stock, one in the milk, and two in the flour??

Hmmm thats true, I didn't really think about it to be honest? Those 2 servings were really thick so maybe if you added more water you might stretch it a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ceoil_Cailin

Hi maidie,
    Great to hear from you again :) I can totally relate to your "all or nothing" dilemma. I am 100% like that aswell.
    I have been really good this week except for today (total disaster). Latte and toast for breakfast and once this hit my lips I was like "right sure I may aswell stuff the diet for today". Had biscuits, another latte and I took the free butlers chocolate that went with it.
    I mean I KNOW I shouldn't be doing it !
    But I'm not letting it guide how my eating goes this weekend. Going to start afresh again tomorrow. One day can't ruin the whole week (hopefully) . I used to let this happen but wont be happening this time.

We can do it !!!!! Let's all keep in touch and motivate each other. I have to say that this forum has been SUCH a huge huge help with my weight loss. Thank you all so much and keep posting :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Here is the actual blog for Marks and Spencers Count on Us range http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/11/marks-and-spencer-food-finds.html That will teach me about rushing things and being dependent on computers and the internet but i think all is well now.

Just had the hairy dieters chicken korma for tea, and half a ww naan. OMG - super duper!!! Good job too, coz I had to buy loads of new spices for it! Glad ill be making it again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Just had half a 16' Apache pizza! EEP...there goes my weeklies, guess i'm not drinking at my friends birthday tomorrow.

Advertisement