Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Just had half a 16' Apache pizza! EEP...there goes my weeklies, guess i'm not drinking at my friends birthday tomorrow.

I feel your pain! I went out for dinner and had not 2 but 3 courses!! Seasonal salad with cashews for starter, stir fried turkey and cashew nuts with steamed organic brown rice and..... a chocolate brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (I caved!). I'm hoping the fact that it was Thai means it wont have done a huge amount of damage, I had 15 dailies and my 49 weeklies and 8 AP saved. Damn it was good!! Now to be good for the remaining 3 days of my week :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ceoil_Cailin

Ok back on track today after my woeful day yesterday !! Thank god !! I'd say I have blown all my weeklies after it :(
    Did hard workout in gym today too !! Still staying away from the drink - it's getting much easier to do which is good. Don't crave that glass of red wine anymore !!
    Hope everyones weekend is going well !

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

Hi maidie,
    Great to hear from you again :) I can totally relate to your "all or nothing" dilemma. I am 100% like that aswell.
    I have been really good this week except for today (total disaster). Latte and toast for breakfast and once this hit my lips I was like "right sure I may aswell stuff the diet for today". Had biscuits, another latte and I took the free butlers chocolate that went with it.
    I mean I KNOW I shouldn't be doing it !
    But I'm not letting it guide how my eating goes this weekend. Going to start afresh again tomorrow. One day can't ruin the whole week (hopefully) . I used to let this happen but wont be happening this time.

We can do it !!!!! Let's all keep in touch and motivate each other. I have to say that this forum has been SUCH a huge huge help with my weight loss. Thank you all so much and keep posting :)

Hi CC,

Having a much better day today, and bought my new notebook for tracking, so far 21 pp today and not hungry, I had All bran and skimmed milk for 5PP, then half a plain scone and lowlow in town with my black coffee, home made veg soup and a ham panini for lunch and a 3pp cheese dipper from Aldi, still no exercise but going to try the healthy eating and less snacking on junk option first, nearly back on the horse, hope I don't slip off again before Friday when I weigh in:rolleyes::rolleyes: Will keep ye posted, and hopefully everyone else will too, great for the support and motivation... Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AKS1991

Hi folks,
    Hope ye don't mind if I join in! I've been lurking, and reading posts here every now and again for the last few weeks anyways! I've been doing WW for a few months now, in two stints, did it while I was abroad for the summer doing an internship and lost a stone, and joined up in Dublin when I got home and am very close to losing the second stone! (Praying it'll be off come WI on Tuesday!) I have about a stone and a half left to lose, and basically my motivations not what it was at the beginning! I've found reading this thread helps, and figured if I actually join in it might help even more!
    Have loved all the tips and recipes so far aswell, thanks everyone! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Hey everyone, it's so cold out today. I've blogged a recipe for raspberry and chocolate loaf. This would be a lovely Sunday treat. I'm out surfing now to help shift takeaway last night. I hope you all have a great day www.theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie

• Advertisement

Look who was mention on the lidl Facebook page http://m.facebook.com/home.php?s=100004114001733&stype=cs&gfid=AQCP9k0oqlWG6egN&_rdr#!/lidlireland?__user=100003540231377 maybe now we'll get an even better selection of low propoints foods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Hola
    STS this week for the fourth week in a row although to be fair it was kind of my fault because I got new scales on Friday and checked they worked on Sat morning only to see I still hadn't lost any weight despite sticking to my propoints and even throwing in 2 5:2 days. So I may have gone off the rails a wee bit on Sat and Sun. Not too mad to be fair but maybe I would have lost a pound if I hadn't. Who knows. Just gotta get back on the wagon today and keep on chugging. Maybe if I can just keep here until I get my bike at christmas and start doing my daily commute that should help.
    So demotivating when you are working really hard and your weight just wont change. Especially when it's that same darn weight I can never get below. 11 stone- You are my nemesis lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Hola
    STS this week for the fourth week in a row although to be fair it was kind of my fault because I got new scales on Friday and checked they worked on Sat morning only to see I still hadn't lost any weight despite sticking to my propoints and even throwing in 2 5:2 days. So I may have gone off the rails a wee bit on Sat and Sun. Not too mad to be fair but maybe I would have lost a pound if I hadn't. Who knows. Just gotta get back on the wagon today and keep on chugging. Maybe if I can just keep here until I get my bike at christmas and start doing my daily commute that should help.
    So demotivating when you are working really hard and your weight just wont change. Especially when it's that same darn weight I can never get below. 11 stone- You are my nemesis lol

Do you have much weight still to lose? The last few lbs can be really difficult so maybe you need to aim for a loss every 2 weeks? With the 5:2 it can take some time for your body to adjust to it. What you have to remember is your body is not wired to your WW week so your good work could show up a few days or a week after your WI. I know how demotivating it can be and I do the same if it doesn't show up on the scale. Only problem is after pigging out it definitely won't show! Keep it up this week and hopefully it'll show next week :)

Eabhabear wrote: »

Do you have much weight still to lose? The last few lbs can be really difficult so maybe you need to aim for a loss every 2 weeks? With the 5:2 it can take some time for your body to adjust to it. What you have to remember is your body is not wired to your WW week so your good work could show up a few days or a week after your WI. I know how demotivating it can be and I do the same if it doesn't show up on the scale. Only problem is after pigging out it definitely won't show! Keep it up this week and hopefully it'll show next week :)

Thanks for the support. I've still got 2 stone to lose and have only lost 7lb so far. Always get to 11 stone and then stop no matter what I do. I guess I just hoped the plateau would give way after 4 weeks but sadly it was not meant to be. I'm not giving up though. Just slightly disheartened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi folks,

Whats 5:2 ?!

Stayed off the alcohol at the weekend, doubt it will help much as I ate a fair amount (in misery for not being able to drink).

Anyhow, today's a new day... Will have to be tomorrow though, ate a sneaky slice of banana bread from cafe sol at lunch.. OOPS

Anyone know how many pps for a cuisine de france Maple pecan pastry??
    Thanks

Up a pesky half pound this week, one pound above my goal. This will have been my fifth week since reaching goal (even though I've gone up and down these weeks since I havent had to pay). Should I not be gettig my gold card now? Does anyone know??

Hi folks,

Whats 5:2 ?!

Stayed off the alcohol at the weekend, doubt it will help much as I ate a fair amount (in misery for not being able to drink).

Anyhow, today's a new day... Will have to be tomorrow though, ate a sneaky slice of banana bread from cafe sol at lunch.. OOPS

Anyone know how many pps for a cuisine de france Maple pecan pastry??
    Thanks

Hi flowerpower
    5;2 is a kind of intermittent fasting method. You eat normally for 5 days of week and limit yourself to 500 calories for 2 days of the week. Nothing to do with weight watchers at all. We were just experimenting :) There is a lot of research being done into the health benefits of it but it is still very much being debated amongst dieticians.
    Doesnt beat weight watchers though !! U can't go wrong with weight watchers plan! :)

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Thanks for the support. I've still got 2 stone to lose and have only lost 7lb so far. Always get to 11 stone and then stop no matter what I do. I guess I just hoped the plateau would give way after 4 weeks but sadly it was not meant to be. I'm not giving up though. Just slightly disheartened.

I know what it's like to plateau. Mine was 11st 12lbs. What height are you as 11st can be quite a normal weight for some people. I want to get to 11st and see then as I don't think I'll ever be a skinny minny. You need to be completely honest with your tracking. Track everything that way you'll know if it's the food that's the problem. Try the 5:2 thing again as a change can be good for kicking metabolism.

Today has gone well for me so far. I think I've got a handle on food and working full time. I made homemade soup yesterday to last me for a few days and a low fat chicken stroganoff for dinner tonight and tomorrow. It was so nice to have dinner made when I got in as it definitely prevents binging!

Eabhabear wrote: »

I know what it's like to plateau. Mine was 11st 12lbs. What height are you as 11st can be quite a normal weight for some people. I want to get to 11st and see then as I don't think I'll ever be a skinny minny. You need to be completely honest with your tracking. Track everything that way you'll know if it's the food that's the problem. Try the 5:2 thing again as a change can be good for kicking metabolism.
    I'm only 5'3 and have a wardrobe full of 10s and 12s that I want to fit back into. I promise I track everything. I think It's just me but I will persevere. The lard ass has to shift eventually ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

Hi everyone,

hope ye are all doing good so far this week, I started off great with 5pp breakfast of all bran and skimmed milk, then had a Costa medium sized honeycomb hot chocolate with cream!!! A terrible choice I know but it was delicious and I won't have another one til Christmas week, the problem is how do I point it? I'm guessing a big 12 PP, so just had vegetable home made soup and a panini and no more eating this evening.. I have no will power for nice things like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Hey all! Been a good week. used all my weeklies on a takeaway and some wine on sat night. But I was good every other day so feeling ok about WI tomorrow. Also am wearing much more fitted clothes, wore a pair of leggings and a tight longish top to the supermarket and felt really slim and nice even though it was just thrown on comfy clothes. Could properly see my figure and I'm loving it.

Made this for my dinner tonight and it was easy and delicious. Would recommend to anyone who likes pasta bakes!! http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/11/bacon-spinach-pasta-bake.html

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

ccseli wrote: »
    A 0 propoints veg soup for this cold day http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/11/0-weightwatchers-propoint-vegetable-soup.html?m=1[/QUOTE

Thank u so much for this I love soup but I can't cook so usually ends up like muck!! Can I just ask why don't the sweet corn and stock make this a 1 or 2 point soup? Just wondering cos I make a veg cassarole and I always use 1 parsnip and 1 or 2 stock cubes so I will always point a portion 1 or 2, am
    I wrong in doing this?

ccseli wrote: »
    A 0 propoints veg soup for this cold day http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/11/0-weightwatchers-propoint-vegetable-soup.html?m=1[/QUOTE

Thank u so much for this I love soup but I can't cook so usually ends up like muck!! Can I just ask why don't the sweet corn and stock make this a 1 or 2 point soup? Just wondering cos I make a veg cassarole and I always use 1 parsnip and 1 or 2 stock cubes so I will always point a portion 1 or 2, am
    I wrong in doing this?

Hi Rachael,

It's to do with the amount per portion so it doesn't actually come near the 1 per portion. It's actually quite a creamy soup, I don't like watery soups. I hope you like it

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

I am thinking of going down to weight watchers next week.
    Height: 6ft 0in
    Weight: 15st 3lbs
    Ideal weight: 11 stone

15 stone really crept up on me! I usually yo-yo'd between 13stone and 14stone.
    I did fall into the trap of eating rubbish at college for the last year! I don't drink alcohol and only drink water, tea and odd glass of milk. Rubbish food is my problem!

I would like to weigh 11 stone by September 2013?

Just looking for advice on how weight watchers work, what happens at meetings and does it actually work?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Sorry to be a pain, am still bookless!!

Could anybody tell me how many PP are in a small brown bread roll? (The round ones)

Thanks a million in advance!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

:mad:i was up 1/2 lb again this week, same as last week.
    I don't know what happened this week though, kept within my points, didn't use all my weeklies, and i expected at least a 1 lb loss, but I was up!!!!

was so disheartened yesterday...
    I was at home minding my 2 year old, he was sick, so to cheer him up i made him pancakes with nutella!!!
    Now he was sick so didn't eat them - but instead of trowing in the bin, they went into a different bin, my stomach:eek:

the rest of the day was a disaster too, i'd say i've used half my weeklies in one day, I was hoping to keep them till saturday as i have a birthday party to go to....

Then to confirm my gain of yesterday i hopped on the scales this morning and i'm 1 1/2 lb down from yesterday, am confused!!!

CatEyed92 wrote: »
    I am thinking of going down to weight watchers next week.
    Height: 6ft 0in
    Weight: 15st 3lbs
    Ideal weight: 11 stone

15 stone really crept up on me! I usually yo-yo'd between 13stone and 14stone.
    I did fall into the trap of eating rubbish at college for the last year! I don't drink alcohol and only drink water, tea and odd glass of milk. Rubbish food is my problem!

I would like to weigh 11 stone by September 2013?

Just looking for advice on how weight watchers work, what happens at meetings and does it actually work?

Thanks in advance

WW works if you stick to the plan. When I stuck to the plan I lost 2st but when I didn't I gained that back. I was very nervous about going to my 1st meeting as I wasn't sure what to expect but you go in and sign up. Then the leader will weigh you. I thought this would be done in front of everyone but it's not. The leader will go through the program with you after the meeting.

How it works is that you will have your daily points which the leader will tell you what they are. These need to be used up in that day, you can't carry them over and it's vital that you use them. You will also have 49 weeklies which you can use over the course of the week. Some people use them all others don't use them and some only use a few of them. It's trial and error on how to use up your weeklies. Some spread them evenly over 7 days while others save them for the weekend. Fruit is free as well but it's important to exercise moderation with it and stick to your 5 a day.

That's everything off the top of my head. 11st is definitely doable by Sept if you stick to plan and exercise. And you don't drink alcohol which in my opinion is a demon when you're trying to lose weight. I'm a junk food lover and my tip is to plan out your 3 meals and snacks and then incorporate your treat into your daily points. I personally don't touch the weeklies as it's too easy to use it on junk food and go off the rails. it's important to remember everything in moderation! Hope this helps and if you have any other qs don't be afraid to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I feel like I've had a great week. Used all my weeklies on two nights out but worth it! Was very proud of myself that I didn't go to the takeaway on way home when everyone else did!!!

I had visitors staying for the week and didnt want to tell them I was on ww. I went to get some shopping for their visit in Dunnes and found they do WW butter, (put it in butter dish & no one noticed it wasn't kerrygold!!), spread and cream. The spread is 0pp - I didnt try it yet. The cream was great, I used it in a WW Tiger Prawn Tagliatelle dish which I cooked with garlic and everyone loved (8pp + 2pp for the cream = 10pp) Another night I cooked chicken breasts (4pp) stuffed with philly light "black pepper & spring onion" (1pp) & wrapped in a slice of bacon (2pp) and served with homemade wedges (4pp) and mango salad (2pp for the dressing). All plates were cleaned and no one knew they were ww receipes coz they hate diet food!!!!!

Got my wi tonight, hopeful but it's TOTM so might be up...

Have a good week everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

These both look delicious....
    Natmus wrote: »
    WW Tiger Prawn Tagliatelle dish which I cooked with garlic and everyone loved (8pp + 2pp for the cream = 10pp)

Another night I cooked chicken breasts (4pp) stuffed with philly light "black pepper & spring onion" (1pp) & wrapped in a slice of bacon (2pp) and served with homemade wedges (4pp) and mango salad (2pp for the dressing).

@ Eabhabear - Hand over the low fat chicken stroganoff too please.

Thanks!

Just had the worst day at work ever, completely fed up, came home and for the first time in at least a year, I came home and binge ate on my emotions... Came in, and scoffed three bars of chocolate out of utter annoyance and fedup-ness with work mainly... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Have just realised I won't make my meeting tomorrow because i've a parent teacher meeting to go to! Disaster, I really struggle to keep being good if I miss a meeting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Taz1 wrote: »
    Just had the worst day at work ever, completely fed up, came home and for the first time in at least a year, I came home and binge ate on my emotions... Came in, and scoffed three bars of chocolate out of utter annoyance and fedup-ness with work mainly... :mad:

I hate when that happens! Eating is such an emotional thing - and you do it without even tasting the food so it is such a waste! Hope you feel better and have a better day tomorrow x
    Shelli2 wrote: »
    Have just realised I won't make my meeting tomorrow because i've a parent teacher meeting to go to! Disaster, I really struggle to keep being good if I miss a meeting!

Is there another meeting you could go to tomorrow or thursday? Even just to get weighed - I have done this before as I know I lose the run of things if I have a gap in WI's

Up 1lb :( Now up to 10stone again. 6lbs away from goal :( It's my own fault - had a bad weekend diet wise !!
    Going to be extremely good now for the next 2 weeks until I go away !!
    Bought quorn mince so will have that for lunch and dinner tomorrow !!!
    Need to get back on track !!!

• Advertisement

Heya
    Sorry for being so down in the dumps of late. Had a sneaky peak at the scales again this morning and it looks like my plateau might be lifting finally but I'll wait til next proper weigh in to celebrate. Had a very tasty fajita dinner tonight which is my fave. Went mad and had 2 wholemeal wraps (they really do fill you up more than the white ones) but also bulked them up with loads of onion and peppers so all is good. Gonna have a meringue nest with a little spray low fat cream and some no point jelly for dessert. Nom nom nom and all within my 26 dailies. Thank the lord for no point soup for lunch :)
    Here's to us all having a good week this week and a smile on our faces next WI day.

Advertisement