Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

@ Eabhabear - Hand over the low fat chicken stroganoff too please.

Here you go. It can be used with lean beef as well!

Ingredients:
    120g Rice
    1/4 pound Chicken
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1/2 medium onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 (10 3/4-ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
    1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
    1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    Coarse salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
    1/2 cup non-fat sour cream

Method:
    Cook rice according to package directions; drain and return to pan to keep warm.

Cut meat into thin strips, about 1/3-inch by 2-inches long.

In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add strips and sauté until medium-rare; transfer onto a warm platter; cover loosely with aluminium foil to keep warm.

Reduce heat to low, add onion and garlic; sauté until soft. Stir in chicken soup, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; simmer until mushrooms are cooked. Add sour cream and the strips; stir until well blended. Remove from heat and serve over cooked rice.

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Heya
    Sorry for being so down in the dumps of late. Had a sneaky peak at the scales again this morning and it looks like my plateau might be lifting finally but I'll wait til next proper weigh in to celebrate. Had a very tasty fajita dinner tonight which is my fave. Went mad and had 2 wholemeal wraps (they really do fill you up more than the white ones) but also bulked them up with loads of onion and peppers so all is good. Gonna have a meringue nest with a little spray low fat cream and some no point jelly for dessert. Nom nom nom and all within my 26 dailies. Thank the lord for no point soup for lunch :)
    Here's to us all having a good week this week and a smile on our faces next WI day.

That's great! You definitely shouldn't be hitting plateaus. The 5:2 is probably starting to kick in. Keep up the good work!

Has anyone seen apple cider in the super markets? Not alcohol, something that would be suitable for cooking? I want to try a chicken and apple dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Up half a pound this week :( Really don't know how that happened, stayed within my dailies most days and was well within my weeklies too. Oh well, hopefully next week will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

sunrise91 wrote: »
    Up half a pound this week :( Really don't know how that happened, stayed within my dailies most days and was well within my weeklies too. Oh well, hopefully next week will be better.

Me too!! Not to happy but gotta just move on and hope the hard work shows next week!! Hate seeing any type of plus on the scales :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

Up 1lb :( Now up to 10stone again. 6lbs away from goal :( It's my own fault - had a bad weekend diet wise !!
    Going to be extremely good now for the next 2 weeks until I go away !!
    Bought quorn mince so will have that for lunch and dinner tomorrow !!!
    Need to get back on track !!!

Oh don't worry about 1lb, if you were not weight watching it would probably be a lot more, anyway 10 stone is very good, I am currently 10stone.2.6, so you are still ahead of me, my officially weigh in is Friday morning, would love to be 10 stone even by then, having a good week so far so fingers crossed, onwards and downwards for us all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Eabhabear wrote: »

Here you go. It can be used with lean beef as well!

Ingredients:
    120g Rice
    1/4 pound Chicken
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1/2 medium onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 (10 3/4-ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
    1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
    1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    Coarse salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
    1/2 cup non-fat sour cream

Method:
    Cook rice according to package directions; drain and return to pan to keep warm.

Cut meat into thin strips, about 1/3-inch by 2-inches long.

In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add strips and sauté until medium-rare; transfer onto a warm platter; cover loosely with aluminium foil to keep warm.

Reduce heat to low, add onion and garlic; sauté until soft. Stir in chicken soup, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; simmer until mushrooms are cooked. Add sour cream and the strips; stir until well blended. Remove from heat and serve over cooked rice.

Sounds delicious. How many portions and points is this? It sounds a bit like chicken supreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

What's with everyone putting on weight at the moment?! Is there something in the water? I think it's the cold weather, back to the soups for sure.
    Thanks Eabhabear, really sounds delicious will make that next week
    Good luck with the WI's everyone. I'm dreading the scales tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Yahoo down 1.5lb. Delighted, was expecting to STS, 5 more pounds to my first stone. Can I do it by christmas?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Down 2.5lb. Hurrah! The push is on! 4 weigh ins to Xmas. I would love my next silver 7 by Xmas. Probably not that realistic, given my performance of late... But who knows! Maybe it can be done!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Sts 5th week in a row so I'm going to do the 5:2 thing anyone doing this have u any tips on how to get the most out of 500 calories

If this doesn't work then I'm giving up!!

Sts 5th week in a row so I'm going to do the 5:2 thing anyone doing this have u any tips on how to get the most out of 500 calories

If this doesn't work then I'm giving up!!

I was exact same after 4 weeks of STS and getting really down. I'm on second week of 5:2 now and think it's starting to work. To be honest I just drink infused tea and loads of water during the day and then have a normal low fat dinner like any other evening. I'm doing Mon and Weds when I'm at college in evenings so no chance to cheat and used to waiting for dinner on those evenings anyway. The key for me is making sure I am sticking to normal points the other days as you may feel hungrier on non fast days while you adjust to fasting. If you stick to points other days then I am positive we will break those plateaus of ours :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Is anyone here on a gluten free diet and how do you find it in relation to ww?

I decided to go gluten free til Christmas to see if I feel any better and I'm into week 4. I feel good definitely and less bloated but not losing much weight yet.

It's hard to be gluten free AND low pp!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

I was exact same after 4 weeks of STS and getting really down. I'm on second week of 5:2 now and think it's starting to work. To be honest I just drink infused tea and loads of water during the day and then have a normal low fat dinner like any other evening. I'm doing Mon and Weds when I'm at college in evenings so no chance to cheat and used to waiting for dinner on those evenings anyway. The key for me is making sure I am sticking to normal points the other days as you may feel hungrier on non fast days while you adjust to fasting. If you stick to points other days then I am positive we will break those plateaus of ours :-)

Do u still use ur weekly pts??

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ceoil_Cailin

Ok so I'm back on track after my gain this week !! A big difficulty for me is not giving up and getting back on the wagon after a bad few days. The old me would just give up !! But as someone here said before, it's not a bad few days thundereducated all the work, it's a bad few weeks/months !!which is v true :)

Breakfast today: omelette (4ppts)
    Lunch: quorn mince chilli (3ppts)
    1/2 apple and 2 tbsps Greek
    natural yoghurt
    Snack: handful peanuts and 2 tbsps Greek
    natural yogurt
    Dinner: quorn chilli with butternut squash
    and salad
    Activity: gym:upper body weights and
    intervals

Less than FIVE weeks till Xmas !!!! Let's all be amazingly good for the next few weeks :) think of how great we will feel at Xmas !!!!!

Do u still use ur weekly pts??

For me personally using any weeklies on food does not work for me so If I use any from now on it will be on drinks If I go out. That didn't affect my weightloss as long as I stuck to my 26 on food everyday. But this is just me and my body seems to be wired wrong. Other people still lose using weeklies so you should try whatever you think you can stick to. I am just gonna be super strict until Christmas and then at least If I don't lose I can't blame myself :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AKS1991

Down 1.5 last night! Wasn't overly impressed as that was over two weeks, but it got me my 2nd silver 7 and stone so I was happy anyway! Would love another silver 7 by Christmas...not sure if that's realistic at all, but a girl can dream!

Sounds delicious. How many portions and points is this? It sounds a bit like chicken supreme.

Sorry I didn't realise it wasn't there. It serves four and for the recipe its 28 points so 7 per portion. I use about 3 chicken fillets without the chicken the recipe is 17 points so you can adjust for how much chicken you would prefer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I was down 1lb today. Need to up my pps by another 1 to stop losing so. Maintenence is grand so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

cosmic wrote: »
    I was down 1lb today. Need to up my pps by another 1 to stop losing so. Maintenence is grand so far!

Cosmic, maybe you could answer my question in relation to maintenance. I got to goal 6 weeks ago, and have been up and down since then (not having to pay though). How long do you have to maintain for to get your gold card, and does going above goal matter in relation to gettin it???

• Advertisement

Taz1 wrote: »
    Cosmic, maybe you could answer my question in relation to maintenance. I got to goal 6 weeks ago, and have been up and down since then (not having to pay though). How long do you have to maintain for to get your gold card, and does going above goal matter in relation to gettin it???

Last week (when I got to goal) my leader said in 4 weeks she'd give me my gold card. She said going up and down over the coming weeks is to be expected while trying to find the correct amount of pps to suit me. I'm surprised you haven't been given yours yet! Ask your leader for it at your next WI, I'd say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ohiknow

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well with their wi this week! After an initial first week gain of half a pound I lost 2.5 last week and 2 pounds this week. Delighted with myself! Really found the importance of eating your points as I was starving that first week. Long road a head but a 4.5 loss is a good starting point!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

STS last night at my weigh in! What a relief!! Had a hectic wkend!! Just 4lbs now to go to my first stone! Should hopefully get it before xmas and a lil bit more if I'm extra good!! Only 4 weigh in's until xmas!! scary!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

cosmic wrote: »
    Last week (when I got to goal) my leader said in 4 weeks she'd give me my gold card. She said going up and down over the coming weeks is to be expected while trying to find the correct amount of pps to suit me. I'm surprised you haven't been given yours yet! Ask your leader for it at your next WI, I'd say :)

Yeah, thats what I was thinking but we got a new leader 2 weeks ago and quite frankly shes kind of useless. One of the girls got to goal last week and while the leader acknowledged her giving her a silver seven she never congradulated her on getting to goal! Bad form... Thanks for that Cosmic, I havent actually tried changing my points yet as I went away the weekend after I got to goal and put on weight so I've been trying to lose each week since to get back down to goal! :confused:

Played tag rugby last night for the first time in about 2 years and I was dreading it. Last time I played I was 14stone and could hardly run the length of the pitch. I havent really done a huge amount of exercise - i am lazy lets face it, but to be honest even just losing 3.5 stone the difference in my fitness is HUGE! I played a full 40 min match, running up and down the pitch and i was able to keep it up the whole time, a year ago I would have passed out after 2 lengths of it. So proud of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Played tag rugby last night for the first time in about 2 years and I was dreading it. Last time I played I was 14stone and could hardly run the length of the pitch. I havent really done a huge amount of exercise - i am lazy lets face it, but to be honest even just losing 3.5 stone the difference in my fitness is HUGE! I played a full 40 min match, running up and down the pitch and i was able to keep it up the whole time, a year ago I would have passed out after 2 lengths of it. So proud of me!

Well done! I need to get my ass moving again. Even though my weight hasn't gone up, I feel the effects if how sedentary I have become lately. I'm gone a bit lazy too though!!
    Also- I made your chicken goujons last pm for dinner. Yum!

Taz1 wrote: »
    Yeah, thats what I was thinking but we got a new leader 2 weeks ago and quite frankly shes kind of useless. One of the girls got to goal last week and while the leader acknowledged her giving her a silver seven she never congradulated her on getting to goal! Bad form... Thanks for that Cosmic, I havent actually tried changing my points yet as I went away the weekend after I got to goal and put on weight so I've been trying to lose each week since to get back down to goal! :confused:

Ah that's an awful shame about your leader. Getting to goal is a big achievement and she really should have made more of a deal out of it. Definitely approach her about your Gold Card. I'm dying to get mine! My leader is going to give me my 13 silver 7 stickers to stick onto my new card too. I want a constant reminder of how far I've come so that I am never tempted to go back!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Hello Everyone,
    Happy Friday, I hope you all had a great week. Ive just added a new post on the blog for a Fake Away Nandos. Creamy, Spicy chicken and rice. For 8 Weightwatchers Propoints. http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/11/weightwatchers-creamy-mexican.html
    I hope you all have a great weekend:-)

I've had a really good week so far. I've been bang on points everyday. I went to the cinema last night and brought a bag of malteasers with me as a treat. Felt so proud of myself! I just need to stay on track over the weekend and hopefully I'll get a loss on Mon.

Just out of curiosity those that work full time how much exercise do you do? I find during the week I'm exhausted when I get in that it takes all my energy just to cook a proper dinner. At the weekends I have the best intentions but between friends wanting to do stuff and errands I never get around to it. I've gone from exercising 5 times a week to none since I started work full time. I know technically I should lose with just the diet but the exercise would speed things up.

• Advertisement

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I've had a really good week so far. I've been bang on points everyday. I went to the cinema last night and brought a bag of malteasers with me as a treat. Felt so proud of myself! I just need to stay on track over the weekend and hopefully I'll get a loss on Mon.

Just out of curiosity those that work full time how much exercise do you do? I find during the week I'm exhausted when I get in that it takes all my energy just to cook a proper dinner. At the weekends I have the best intentions but between friends wanting to do stuff and errands I never get around to it. I've gone from exercising 5 times a week to none since I started work full time. I know technically I should lose with just the diet but the exercise would speed things up.

Im the same - exhausted after work and busy at the weekends but I have been trying to up my exercise a bit now as though the weight is coming off I am in desperate need of toning! I'm lucky in that work have organised pilates for us every friday morning and that is great - I also just started back at tag rugby again once a week which is great. The big thing is working some exercise into my working day. I walk 25 mins too work and 25 mins home which is a real boost. Could you do something like this? If you get public transport get off a stop or 2 earlier and walk? Or take 30 min walk on your lunch break - I used to this as I found it not only got me out getting exercise, but also cleared my head for a much more productive afternoon.
    I have a stepper at home and tryto do that once and week and am planning on getting the 30 day shred this weekend!

Advertisement