Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity those that work full time how much exercise do you do? I find during the week I'm exhausted when I get in that it takes all my energy just to cook a proper dinner. At the weekends I have the best intentions but between friends wanting to do stuff and errands I never get around to it. I've gone from exercising 5 times a week to none since I started work full time. I know technically I should lose with just the diet but the exercise would speed things up.

I run every second day. If that falls on a work day (on one week it'll be Monday, Wednesday and Friday and every other week it's Tuesday and Thursday) I do it at lunch time. I run 5km which takes me half an hour, then back to the office to freshen up. I'll then eat my lunch at my desk as I work. On the work days that I'm not running, I walk at lunch time. I also cycle to and from work every day.

I find that getting all my exercise out of the way before the evening time means that I can completely relax when i get home. If I want to go for a walk I will but I never feel like I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Has anyone ever tried TRX? I'm looking for a class at the gym thats really good for all over toning, especially the core... Anyone any recommendations??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks for all the replies about exercise. I am walking more as I walk to and from the bus stop to work which is about 20 mins each way. I think I just need to push on and do the exercise at the weekend. I always feel much better after exercise but it's getting started that's the problem!

I had a sneaky look at the scales this morning and its showing a big loss so hopefully it'll still show on Monday. I was so surprised that I had to get someone else to check they were still working properly :D Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AKS1991

Just completely lost the plot, and ate anything and everything in the vicinity, and now after all of that my sister has just opened a tub of Ben and Jerrys Baked Alaska (MY FAVOURITE ONE!!), so I'm locking myself in my room...I'm always like this if I come home from college for the weekend, just can't seem to stop. Urgh....reckon I went about 22 points over my dailies, but I had 45 weeklies, and about 8 APs left so hopefully if I just avoid the kitchen at all costs until going back to Dublin tomorrow I'll still be able to see a loss for the week....sooo annoyed though, I had such good intentions for this week. Came across a recipe for Tomato soup that someone posted on here back a month or two ago, gonna try that tomorrow, it sounds yummy...putting on Michael Buble Christmas album now to inspire me. Hope the rest of ye are having a better weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Just terrorised the kitchen for 2 hours. Made 2 batches of chicken supreme recipe, just dropped the mushrooms as hate them and upped onions instead. Then made 2 batches of hairy dieters bolognaise, but used the lasagne mince recipe as it's delicious. Now have a lovely lean bit of roast beef in the oven for today. So all dinners ready for the week. Even bought some fresh fish fillets in the butchers this morning for the first time ever to have wrapped in parma ham as per hd recipe. Very healthy. If Im prepared then I don't fail so feeling positive about the next week. ps. Did I mention Im in the 10s for the first time in 2 years. So happy :-) even decided to walk the 40 mins to Superquinns this morning instead of getting bus as want to keep the numbers going down. I hope everyone has a good week this week and feels as good as I feel right now. There were tears but I finally broke through my plataeu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Feel like I had a really good weekend. Didn't drink, still have 20 of my weeklies left and am organised for the week and work. Have my soup made! We got the m&s takeaway for 2 last night and the prawns bhuna is only 7 pp for the packet and its gorgeous!! With half a naan (the big m&s ones of 10pp for a whole one and some rice and really nice saturday dinner thats not gonna blow the bank.

Just made this soup and it is so yummy! Gonna try see if I can do new soup every week for work until xmas! http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/11/chunky-chilli-bean-soup.html

Good luck with WI's everyone!

I was down 6.5lbs this morning :D Absolutely delighted as I had been struggling to break a certain point and then I put on a few lbs a few weeks ago. It just goes to show that when I'm point perfect and completely honest with what I'm eating I can lose. I'm going away for the weekend so it'll give me a cushion for that because I've no idea what food options I'll have. Good luck to everyone with WI this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I was down 6.5lbs this morning :D Absolutely delighted as I had been struggling to break a certain point and then I put on a few lbs a few weeks ago. It just goes to show that when I'm point perfect and completely honest with what I'm eating I can lose. I'm going away for the weekend so it'll give me a cushion for that because I've no idea what food options I'll have. Good luck to everyone with WI this week!

Oh my god that's huge!!! Don't think I've ever lost that much in a week ever!!! What did you do differently this week! If I could even get a pound loss I'd be happy!

Ok so I had a REALLY bad weekend, ate terribly every day and quite frankly just did not give a crap... To be honest I think it was kind of brewing all week and was just one of those things that I needed to get out of my system. Has anyone ever felt like this? I've no doubt that I'm after putting on a few pounds, and really don't want to go to WI tonight but really want to start afresh. One thing that it did make me remember was how crap, and 'fat' I felt when I didn't eat well. I really didn't feel good about myself looks wise so I'm back on track today with the hope of a really good week ahead of me...

Down 2.6lbs today. So happy ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Taz1 wrote: »
    Ok so I had a REALLY bad weekend, ate terribly every day and quite frankly just did not give a crap... To be honest I think it was kind of brewing all week and was just one of those things that I needed to get out of my system. Has anyone ever felt like this? I've no doubt that I'm after putting on a few pounds, and really don't want to go to WI tonight but really want to start afresh. One thing that it did make me remember was how crap, and 'fat' I felt when I didn't eat well. I really didn't feel good about myself looks wise so I'm back on track today with the hope of a really good week ahead of me...

I know exactly what you mean, had such good intentions this week but they all went to pot. My best friend was home from Poland on Friday (she's in college over there) so naturally we went out for a meal, where I did not make good choices and then a BIG night out after. On Saturday I wasn't feeling the healthiest so this led to more bad choices and then yesterday my parents came to visit and brought me out for dinner. UGH! Praying for a STS this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Have been having a great week. My best in a long time really. I slipped this am and had a scone for my break. Totally unnecessary, but I couldn't seem to stop myself. Hopefully I can redeem myself!

Im really hungry for junk food tonight! To keep me out of the kitchen I posted another recipe - though writing about food didnt really stop me thinking about it. Just kept my hands busy lol! Weigh in tomorrow :eek:

Roased Cod with Chickpea and Chorizo for anyone thats interested http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/11/roast-cod-with-chickpeas-chorizo.html

Have my first ever job interview in the morning, so been nervous eating all evening (any excuse)...didn't do too badly though, most of it was fruit, only ended up 2 points over my dailies...WI tomorrow evening aswell, and really don't know what to expect there! Hoping for the best! Some great losses this morning, fair play! :D Seeing that helps re-motivate me! :)

Oh my god that's huge!!! Don't think I've ever lost that much in a week ever!!! What did you do differently this week! If I could even get a pound loss I'd be happy!

I started work full time just over a month ago and I struggled foodwise. I wasn't sure what way lunch worked and then I was too tired in the evenings to cook healthy dinners. So I was up and down the last few weeks. Basically last week I decided that I'm sick of faffing around and its time to get serious. I literally planned my meals for the week and I stuck to it. If I had something unexpected then I adjusted something else so I was never over points. I went to the cinema on Thursday and instead of usual popcorn etc I brought a small bag of malteasers which were pointed. The plan works if you are completely honest and stick to the points. I just have to remember I'm on a diet and if I want to lose the weight then I have to be strict and not binge eat or boredom eat etc. Sorry that was a bit of a long answer but that is what I did differently last week. Now I just have to do it every week :D
    I have a few weddings coming up next year so I want to aim for them. I found this week that it is doable if I stop being negative! Now I just need to start exercising again.

Well done Donna on your loss. It seems like you might have finally broken your plateau :)

I started work full time just over a month ago and I struggled foodwise. I wasn't sure what way lunch worked and then I was too tired in the evenings to cook healthy dinners. So I was up and down the last few weeks. Basically last week I decided that I'm sick of faffing around and its time to get serious. I literally planned my meals for the week and I stuck to it. If I had something unexpected then I adjusted something else so I was never over points. I went to the cinema on Thursday and instead of usual popcorn etc I brought a small bag of malteasers which were pointed. The plan works if you are completely honest and stick to the points. I just have to remember I'm on a diet and if I want to lose the weight then I have to be strict and not binge eat or boredom eat etc. Sorry that was a bit of a long answer but that is what I did differently last week. Now I just have to do it every week :D
    I have a few weddings coming up next year so I want to aim for them. I found this week that it is doable if I stop being negative! Now I just need to start exercising again.

Well done Donna on your loss. It seems like you might have finally broken your plateau :)

I've been the exact same as yourself, up and down the past few weeks, the past week was particularly difficult as I started a new job and I've been a bit all over the place and stressed with that. But just like you, I need a kick up the bum. I haven't felt good about myself in a few weeks since I started falling off the wagon, out of guilt and just feeling 'big' knowing that I'm not eating the best that I could. So I started a fresh yesterday, ate well all day, squeezed in the gym, faced up to WI last night (an expected gain) had my little blowout afterwards. I am DETERMINED to have a good week this week purely to start feeling better about myself again. I used to look forward to WIs as I was usually positive that I'd be down each week but the past 2 weeks I've not been. AND I need a bit of a cushion before I can treat myself to a sexy dress and nice new clothes for the party season, so here goes.....

Everyone on here seems to be doing great, best of luck with this week :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Hello Everyone,

Well its been a bit mad this week and last week and the blog has been slightly neglected but im back on track. I weighed myself yesterday and it looks like I stayed the same after being away on hols but it was an activity holiday but i also ate like a horse so im really happy with this. I just posted a blog on some Weightwatchers food finds. Supervalue do a new meditereanen wrap much bigger than the Aldi one's and their only 5 Propoints but their huge and excellent for pizza. Its on http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/11/food-finds.html I hope you all have a great week:-)

Down 2lbs!! Delira! Don't really understand it though considering I was so good last week and had a gain and this week I was a disaster and had a loss.. :confused: Can't complain though, only 1lb for a stone and 3lb until goal :D

sunrise91 wrote: »
    Down 2lbs!! Delira! Don't really understand it though considering I was so good last week and had a gain and this week I was a disaster and had a loss.. :confused: Can't complain though, only 1lb for a stone and 3lb until goal :D

Could be your WI's are showing results a week delayed. As is your good work from last week is showing this week. I would be sure to be 100% on track this week to try and counter the bad effects of this week just to be sure.

It used to happen to me like that - very annoying as you have to think a week back to justify loos/gain but just something to be mindful of!

Could be your WI's are showing results a week delayed. As is your good work from last week is showing this week. I would be sure to be 100% on track this week to try and counter the bad effects of this week just to be sure.

It used to happen to me like that - very annoying as you have to think a week back to justify loos/gain but just something to be mindful of!

That's what I was thinking too, gonna try and be very good this week to keep it up (or down, rather).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Well done Eabhabear & Sunrise91.

Dreading WI tonight...Stood on the scales this morning & was about 5lb up -but what do I expect when I ate and drank all around me thurs, Fri & Sat. Was good Sunday & yesterday but can't seem to get off my arse & do any exercise. It's so frustrating & hard to stay focused every single day. Might wait until tomorrow night to WI!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Ate all around me over the last week, have a cold and just wanted comfort food ALL the time! Didn't make WI last week, dreading tomorrow....:(

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Ate all around me over the last week, have a cold and just wanted comfort food ALL the time! Didn't make WI last week, dreading tomorrow....:(

The best thing u can do for yourself now is face up to it and go to weigh in! I found myself in the exact same position from Friday to Sunday, and really didnt to go to weigh in last night as i knew i had done alot of damage. But i knew i needed to face up to the consequences of my actions if i wanted to start afresh and do well this week, so i did go to weigh in., and i was up, a whopping 4 pounds infact, totally deserved though. You never know it might not be as bad as u think., doubt it'll be as bad as my gain anyway.! And it'll be the perfect opportunity to start afresh. Best of luck.!

On a different note, i made a batch of that chunky chilli bean soup., and yummy! I actually fried some mince and mixed it in with some of one portion and then threw it between a toasted pitta to make it my dinner, but im looking forward to having another portion for my lunch tomorrow.!

Eeeeeeeekkkk down 3 pounds this evening!! :D I was hoping for a loss, but I'm shocked it's that much! And my interview went really well this morning....Best day ever haha!! Buzzin to get out for my walk now! Maybe that silver 7 by Christmas is possible after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Trying the 500 calories 5/2 thing managed yesterday and today, just wondering would it b a good idea to do this for a week and try battle through this plateau?? Six weeks sts as of this week!!! So annoying!!

STS this week! Am not happy but what can I do. I know I did everything right. It is just the last few are going to be stubborn as hell. I know I wont lose next week - 3 nights/days out in a row - but if I could STS again that would be great!

Trying the 500 calories 5/2 thing managed yesterday and today, just wondering would it b a good idea to do this for a week and try battle through this plateau?? Six weeks sts as of this week!!! So annoying!!

I don't think you're meant to do them consecutively. I did Mon, Wed and Fri last week and gonna do that up until Christmas. It has definitely broken my plateau but we're all different so fingers crossed it works for you too :-) I think it works cos you lose on fast days then maintain on normal days as long as within normal calorie consumption. If you do it for a few days in a row your body might go into starvation mode and you won't lose anything. That's the way my body works anyway.

donnamc5 wrote: »
    I don't think you're meant to do them consecutively. I did Mon, Wed and Fri last week and gonna do that up until Christmas. It has definitely broken my plateau but we're all different so fingers crossed it works for you too :-) I think it works cos you lose on fast days then maintain on normal days as long as within normal calorie consumption. If you do it for a few days in a row your body might go into starvation mode and you won't lose anything. That's the way my body works anyway.

How does this 5/2 thing work? Does it seem like any less of a diet or is it stricter?

Taz1 wrote: »

How does this 5/2 thing work? Does it seem like any less of a diet or is it stricter?

There's no set formula but the basic plan is that for 5 days a week you eat normally and for 2 you restrict calorie intake to 500. The problem is that is based on knowing what eating normally is and not overindulging on non fast days. So to keep on track I just have my 26 points on normal days and about 12 or 13 on fast days. I have bumped mine up to 3 fast days a week just to get past this plateau, plus I don't find it that hard. For me personally I don't care about breakfast but love a proper dinner so I just fast until dinner time with loads of water, herbal tea and coffee, but others like to spread their 500 calories over the day. I've been weighing every day to see what's going on and basically I lose about a pound on fast days then I maintain on normal days as long as I only have my dailies. I lost 2.6lbs last week. I even had a few cocktails last week out of weeklies and that was fine. I don't have time for exercise with work and degree but I do try and walk everywhere I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 monkeynuts111

Hi, I am a 28 year old male who is severly overweight. I am now 18st 12. I am very ashamed of myself, and because of the weight, I don't even have the confidence to go out. I am afraid to go walking because I am convinced people will be laughing at me. Last year I was on Weight Watchers, and lost 2 stone. However, I slipped up and couldn't get back on track.
    I have started Weight Watchers again this week. I am not going to the meetings as I feel ashamed. I have a strong desire to do this, but I find the motivation hard. I suffer from severe anxiety and motivation is difficult to achieve.
    Has anyone been in this situation before? And how did you get through it?
    Thanks.

Advertisement