Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Down .5lb this morn. Suppose I'd have liked more, considering I put in quite a good week, but every little helps!
    Good luck folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Taz1 wrote: »

On a different note, i made a batch of that chunky chilli bean soup., and yummy! I actually fried some mince and mixed it in with some of one portion and then threw it between a toasted pitta to make it my dinner, but im looking forward to having another portion for my lunch tomorrow.!

Its delicious isnt it!! I found it a little acidic after being in the fridge for a while but a spoon of sweetener stirred in sorted it. Its so filling too - def one of my top soups!

Hi, I am a 28 year old male who is severly overweight. I am now 18st 12. I am very ashamed of myself, and because of the weight, I don't even have the confidence to go out. I am afraid to go walking because I am convinced people will be laughing at me. Last year I was on Weight Watchers, and lost 2 stone. However, I slipped up and couldn't get back on track.
    I have started Weight Watchers again this week. I am not going to the meetings as I feel ashamed. I have a strong desire to do this, but I find the motivation hard. I suffer from severe anxiety and motivation is difficult to achieve.
    Has anyone been in this situation before? And how did you get through it?
    Thanks.

Well done for rejoining, I know how hard it is to get back into after giving up before. Your story is like so many other weight watchers out there - I think very few succeed on their first attempt - just go back and read some of the stories in this thread. Its such a huge change and especially when you have a long way to go it is so easy to fall off the wagon. But you have made the first step - my big advice would be to try face the classes - there is nothing to be ashamed of, like I said so many people are in the same situation as you and the people and leaders will be nothing but encouraging and welcoming. It is so daunting facing it alone.

I would also recommending having a read of this blog - http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/lets-hear-it-for-boy.html - that post is by a male weight watcher member and he will be posting on her blog once a month.

Finally post on here, everyone here is great inspiration and always at hand to bounce ideas off, vent and give advice. Best of luck with your journey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 monkeynuts111

Thank you for that. That blog seems very useful. I am very determined this time. My weight has caused me so much depression over the years. I just want to be healthy and feel better about myself. I am really going to do everything I can to stick with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Hi, I am a 28 year old male who is severly overweight. I am now 18st 12. I am very ashamed of myself, and because of the weight, I don't even have the confidence to go out. I am afraid to go walking because I am convinced people will be laughing at me. Last year I was on Weight Watchers, and lost 2 stone. However, I slipped up and couldn't get back on track.
    I have started Weight Watchers again this week. I am not going to the meetings as I feel ashamed. I have a strong desire to do this, but I find the motivation hard. I suffer from severe anxiety and motivation is difficult to achieve.
    Thanks.

I agree with everything Tiny Penguin said. Its not an easy journey and its so easy to slip back into old habits. I personally find you have to really want it for it to work. What I mean by that is that you have to be in the right frame of mind to do it. I'm on my second go at it as well and I'm doing it from home. It's definitely doable but what I will say is if you have someone at home or even a friend you're really close to, tell them you're doing it and every week tell them whether you're up or down. It makes you accountable to someone in a way and you need support doing it. This thread is also my saviour. They all know my ups and downs over the last few years. I know it comes across as all females but we are a friendly bunch so don't be afraid to post :) We take the good with the bad so rant or jump for joy. Good luck with it.

I was similar to you with hating going out. You'll find the confidence will come gradually. You might not even notice it yourself. I remember my friends bf of all people turning around and telling me I'm walking a lot taller and with my head held high. You have to remember you are doing this for you and no-one else. It's a long journey and it doesn't happen over night. You have to be patient and stick with it even after a bad day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Hi all
    Another newbie here, i have been following you all for a number of weeks but only now got around to setting myself up! I am 14 weeks at weight watchers and have lost 23lb delighted with myself, its true you do start to walk taller and feel like going out again :) I have a 7 month old baby and a 2 year old life is busy and they drive me to chocolate at times :) i did weight watchers previously and lost over 2 stone but never got to goal! 1 just enjoyed my new found confidence and found myself a hubby and got pregnant and fat again! oh well i have made a good start and have another stone ish to get to my goal which is probably not the weight watcher one. There are some great inspiration stories on here and can only hope i can keep going this time. Monkeynuts111 welcome and you have done it before and can do it again but this time keep going you deserve to be happy and walk tall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Thanks.

Hey monkey nuts, welcome, like u I started my journey at 19 stone 4 pound and yes I was ashamed. It took me 5 months to get the confidence up to join a class. I was mortified standing in the queue. It was the 1st time that I could remember sharing my weight with another person and I seriously thought I was going to bolt it.

Well I convinced myself to get weighed and my leader was brilliant. I was actually afraid I was too heavy and the scales wouldn't register it. I said to her I'm afraid I'll break the scales. Her response was u will never see that number ever again.

I gained 4 pound the next week. I think it was from all of the last suppers I had. I gave myself 6 weeks to see if there was a difference.

There was so I thought its not doing me any harm so I'll stick with it.

I'm at goal now and I've loved it.

My life has changed as have I. Everyone on here is brilliant and so supportive. We all have ups and downs but that's normal.

If exercise scares u now focus on the food for 6 weeks. I hated the thoughts of exercising in public so I did it at home.

We're all here for u but just remember u change ur weight. That's the 1 thing u can definitely do.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Is it just me or is anyone else craving chocolate with their tea on these cold days?! Its absolutely killing me! I wish I didn't like chocolate so much..... :(

Is it just me or is anyone else craving chocolate with their tea on these cold days?! Its absolutely killing me! I wish I didn't like chocolate so much..... :(

I have to keep at least some points for chocolate in the evening. Even if it is just one for an options but I need my treat in this weather. Always have curly wurlys and kit kats in the cupboard - took a while to get used to leaving the cupboard alone after just one!

Just got in from tag and i literally froze - my arms were stiff and it was difficult for me to drive the car home. Was so cold that not matter how fast or hard I ran i could not work up a sweat - no kidding! Sitting here with an options and a curly wurly trying to thaw now :-)

I have to keep at least some points for chocolate in the evening. Even if it is just one for an options but I need my treat in this weather. Always have curly wurlys and kit kats in the cupboard - took a while to get used to leaving the cupboard alone after just one!

Just got in from tag and i literally froze - my arms were stiff and it was difficult for me to drive the car home. Was so cold that not matter how fast or hard I ran i could not work up a sweat - no kidding! Sitting here with an options and a curly wurly trying to thaw now :-)

I was never mad on hot chocolate but Im thinking it might do the trick in this weather. How many points is in it, do you make it with water?

• Advertisement

I was never mad on hot chocolate but Im thinking it might do the trick in this weather. How many points is in it, do you make it with water?

1 pp made with water but If I have the pp left I will go 3/4 water 1/4 milk and count it as 2pp

1 pp made with water but If I have the pp left I will go 3/4 water 1/4 milk and count it as 2pp

Yeah could imagine it tasting much nicer with milk but wouldn't really like to part with the points! Any recommendations on the nicest flavour?!

Yeah could imagine it tasting much nicer with milk but wouldn't really like to part with the points! Any recommendations on the nicest flavour?!

Highlights do an amazing new cadbury fudge one - by far the best one i have had but hard to come by

Gave into a moment of weakness and had a scone for my breakfast - with real butter. Wasnt too big though. Was gonna give the whole thing 12 or 13pp?? Didn't use too much butter on it at all but it was real butter.... i was cold and grumpy and now I feel terrible guilt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Down 1lb last night and got my 5% sticker :)

Delighted, as I defo thought I was up. Pushing for my stone over the next two weeks.

After xmas I'm going to try the 5/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brownel

Just a note, you have to get the ones that are made with hot water, not milk. There's Options, Cadburys Highlights and also aldi have a 'light' hot chocolate too.

My favourite is Options. I love the hazelnut but the mint and belgian choc are nice too. I know it can be more expensive but its handy to have variation in the sachets.

I always add just a small bit of milk, don't need much to make it taste a bit creamier, I normally allow 1pp for the milk I'd use in two teas a day so if I've one less tea, I wouldn't add anything for the milk.

I'm a big fan of the hot choc to fill the choc craving as it lasts longer, warms you up and has a heck of a lot less pps.

Enjoy :)

Hi monkey nuts.

There's a guy in my job who was in the same boat as you. I'd been on WW a few months and he'd seen me loosing the weight and thought it might work for him. First week back in Jan, he went along to the class and has never looked back since. He's got to goal already and is still sticking to it and is doing fantastic. He loves buying himself new clothes, that was my favorite part too :)

He started with going out for long walks and built up to a level where he joined a gym and went regularly. He found buying the WW books helped him a lot to understand what was in what he was eating.

I didn't join a gym, I started cycling to work, about 10km each way. Took some getting use to but am still cycling 5days a week, I'd be lost without it, gyms aren't my thing!

So, go for it, give it another go, chat to people on here, give and get support and it will keep you going. There'll be good and bad weeks but that's life you just have to say, right, that bad week is over and start a new one.

You'll be amazed at what you can achieve when you just start and give it a go again.

Best of luck and keep in touch on here...

Gave into a moment of weakness and had a scone for my breakfast - with real butter. Wasnt too big though. Was gonna give the whole thing 12 or 13pp?? Didn't use too much butter on it at all but it was real butter.... i was cold and grumpy and now I feel terrible guilt!

I've had those days too, I try find someone to share it with :) the bigger scones are about 15pp, I weighed one before. Real butter is better for you anyway and I believe now, if I'm gona treat myself, I might aswell have the best :) would be 1 or 2pp for the butter depending on how much

Don't feel bad, you might as well enjoy it rather than feel guilty as the guilt will make u think, sure the day is a waste, I'll just eat whatever :)

Get out for a long walk later and it'll help.

brownel wrote: »
    I've had those days too, I try find someone to share it with :) the bigger scones are about 15pp, I weighed one before. Real butter is better for you anyway and I believe now, if I'm gona treat myself, I might aswell have the best :) would be 1 or 2pp for the butter depending on how much

Don't feel bad, you might as well enjoy it rather than feel guilty as the guilt will make u think, sure the day is a waste, I'll just eat whatever :)

Get out for a long walk later and it'll help.

It def wasnt one of the massive scones, I would go with medium sized. Injured my hip playing tag rugby last night so was going to take it easy on the exercise tonight but going shopping after work so might powerwalk in between shops. Doing kettlebells in work in the morning instead of pilates so that should be a push too!

I have a bad weekend weight watchers wise so I am trying not to sabotage the whole week and I think before I ate the scone my head was saying "sure you're gonna gain anyway, just go for it" def not the attitude I want!

It def wasnt one of the massive scones, I would go with medium sized. Injured my hip playing tag rugby last night so was going to take it easy on the exercise tonight but going shopping after work so might powerwalk in between shops. Doing kettlebells in work in the morning instead of pilates so that should be a push too!

I have a bad weekend weight watchers wise so I am trying not to sabotage the whole week and I think before I ate the scone my head was saying "sure you're gonna gain anyway, just go for it" def not the attitude I want!

That's always the problem, sure I'm doomed anyway, a few more ain't gona make any diff :)
    Definitely power walk around the shops would be good
    Try bulk up on 0 point veg for dinner, I find turnip/suede fills me better than most, raw or cooked. although I know its not to everyones liking. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 monkeynuts111

Thank you all so much for your support. I am really going to give it my best shot, and no doubt I will be on here every day listening to others tell their stories. I am about 5'10 and 18'12, so I am guessing that 12st should be my ideal weight? Am I correct in thinking that?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Hi everyone,
    I was hanging around here at the end of 2011, and rejoined WW about 3 weeks ago and am attending meetings.

I started at 14 lb 10, and am 5'2, so I have a long way to go. Since I joined 3 weeks ago, I've lost 10.5 lbs, so I am doing well.

I hit my 5% last night and am also looking to hit a stone before Christmas.

Sarah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Hi everyone! Haven't posted in ages... Was delighted got my first silver seven on Tuesday gone! I'm hoping to have a stone gone before Xmas, but if not, I'm certainly a bit lighter than what I was! :). Best of luck everyone, ye are all doing brill! I love. Reading this thread, ye all have great tips!! :)

Resisted the fererro roche in the staffroom at lunch today, stuck to my nice healthy foods all day, went to the gym this evening, whilst in the gym a cooking programme was on, got chocolate in my head, craved chocolate for the rest of the session. Came home, had dinner, but the craving was still there in full force, especially knowing that i had a massive gift of chocolate hidden away that i had forgotten about. Told myself i could only have a small piece just to kick the craving., the small piece didnt quite cut it, had to have a little bit more, about 50g in total.. Could have SO easily scoffed the lot but I'm currently trying to resist. Not gonna lie, its killing me! I already feel bad for having that small piece. I had 5 points left for the day (not including the 3 earned from the gym) so just knocked them off giving it a pp value of 5. My sweet tooth is my biggest enemy with this programme!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Resisted the fererro roche in the staffroom at lunch today, stuck to my nice healthy foods all day, went to the gym this evening, whilst in the gym a cooking programme was on, got chocolate in my head, craved chocolate for the rest of the session. Came home, had dinner, but the craving was still there in full force, especially knowing that i had a massive gift of chocolate hidden away that i had forgotten about. Told myself i could only have a small piece just to kick the craving., the small piece didnt quite cut it, had to have a little bit more, about 50g in total.. Could have SO easily scoffed the lot but I'm currently trying to resist. Not gonna lie, its killing me! I already feel bad for having that small piece. I had 5 points left for the day (not including the 3 earned from the gym) so just knocked them off giving it a pp value of 5. My sweet tooth is my biggest enemy with this programme!

Sitting here on the couch trying to resist going in to goodies press and it's really hard. But at Christmas it will be all worth it :) haven't posted in ages was away last weekend ate all round me but really worked hard at the exercise and was down half a pound 3lbs to go to goal would really love to get it for Christmas well done to everyone all doing so well, love this thread always gets me back on track

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

I find the evenings so tough for resisting cravings!! I am so good during the day but once I get home from college the cravings start! I usually keep a few points at the end of the day for a few Jaffa Cakes or a hot chocolate though.

Also, was just wondering when the classes start back after christmas? This is my first christmas on WW so don't want to stay away too long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

So I lost 3 & 1/2 lbs last week, was really delighted. Then I'm on a course all week in a hotel, food provided, along with fresh scones and biscuits in the afternoon... Haven't been able to resist, I'd say I've undone all my good work..... Need to focus for the rest of weekend, my wi is Monday, just gotta get back on horse and try and limit the damage! I nearly had a heart attack when taz said a scone was 15 pp, the book says 4/5, but I always knew they were too tasty to be only that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

sunrise91 wrote: »
    I find the evenings so tough for resisting cravings!! I am so good during the day but once I get home from college the cravings start! I usually keep a few points at the end of the day for a few Jaffa Cakes or a hot chocolate though.

Also, was just wondering when the classes start back after christmas? This is my first christmas on WW so don't want to stay away too long!!

If memory serves it'll be the week starting Monday 7th Jan! I loved how they start back straight away after Christmas but I suppose its a genius business idea as its always the busiest time!

Thank you all so much for your support. I am really going to give it my best shot, and no doubt I will be on here every day listening to others tell their stories. I am about 5'10 and 18'12, so I am guessing that 12st should be my ideal weight? Am I correct in thinking that?

That sounds about right, your goal weight would be what your weight would be to have a BMI of 24.9. I think the WW site has a calculator to tell u.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Our leader in Galway says that our first class will be January 3rd. I think that's because we meet on a Wednesday. So we're only missing one week.

That's a good thing for me!

Advertisement