Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

has anyone done kettlebells before? I did it this morning and i am in so much pain. I cant walk down the stairs already and I only did it an hour ago. I dread to think what I will be like tomorrow (have a 3 year olds birthday party to attend so that should be fun in this much pain)

It was great though, could really feel the workout. Think I might invest in some for home to keep it up. Our instructor said its much better than any of the DVDs you can get!

sarahfancy wrote: »
    Our leader in Galway says that our first class will be January 3rd. I think that's because we meet on a Wednesday. So we're only missing one week.

That's a good thing for me!

Yeh we miss ours thats week cos its a tuesday and thats a bank holiday I think - but I wanna find another meeting to go to that week so I can face the damage as early as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

has anyone done kettlebells before? I did it this morning and i am in so much pain. I cant walk down the stairs already and I only did it an hour ago. I dread to think what I will be like tomorrow (have a 3 year olds birthday party to attend so that should be fun in this much pain)

It was great though, could really feel the workout. Think I might invest in some for home to keep it up. Our instructor said its much better than any of the DVDs you can get!

I've done them before, it's brilliant isn't it? Need to start back up again actually!!

Buy Epson Salts, they are a Godsend!! Just pour some in a bath and soak for a while, your muscles will feel so much better!

sunrise91 wrote: »
    I've done them before, it's brilliant isn't it? Need to start back up again actually!!

Buy Epson Salts, they are a Godsend!! Just pour some in a bath and soak for a while, your muscles will feel so much better!

Ive heard Epson Salts are great actually. Wish I had time for a soak though - my weekend is literally non stop. Ill be lucky if I have time to shower!

It is brilliant though - I get bored doing regular weights and give it up but I wouldnt get bored doing this. Just sore haha

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

I was doing kettlebells for a while with a cheesy set of DVDs called Kettleworx. They worked well, but the guy got a bit annoying after a while. It was a six-week programme with three workouts a week. They each took about 20 minutes. There were three DVDs, Core, Resistance, and Cardio. I didn't get all the way through it, but that was mostly due to life getting in the way. I was always really sore after it, sometimes for three days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Think ill take the plunge and rejoin the gym later. I didn't renew when my membership was up, because I felt I didn't get much value from it sometimes, but I really miss it since it lapsed. I'm not getting in any exercise, and I'm feeling the effects!!!
    My tracking g has slid this week, so I need to cop myself on again. I've had three reasonably good weeks in a row, so I'd love to carry on this streak til Xmas!

Oh my god I am so HUNGRY today - TOTM due and it is showing this week. Last night I ate all around me. TOday I have been good so far (managed to put back the pack of hunky dorys before I bought them at lunch) but now I am STARVING and want to eat bread/crisps/chocolate - junk basically. Not good at all.

We have a Wii at home -- and lots of kids :) -- so I started doing a game called My Fitness Coach: Cardio Workout early in the morning before work. It's basically boxing and man, does it make me sore. It's fun, though and you don't notice you are working that word while you are doing it because you are concentrating on timing the punches. I ordered another one from that brand, it was only about 12 quid on amazon.co.uk, for variety. I needed to find something that I could do before work without waking up the world.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Fitness-Coach-Cardio-Workout/dp/B002E9HO9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354283748&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AKS1991

Being super good all day today, and have low pp dinner planned and ready to go this evening, so I'll have some dailys left to sit with a treat and watch The Toy Show tonight! I'm still a child at heart! :D Don't want to touch my weeklies, incase I give into peer pressure and end up drinking at a 21st tomorrow night....actually considering filling a naggin up with 7-up and pretending to drink, how sad is that!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Oh my god I am so HUNGRY today - TOTM due and it is showing this week. Last night I ate all around me. TOday I have been good so far (managed to put back the pack of hunky dorys before I bought them at lunch) but now I am STARVING and want to eat bread/crisps/chocolate - junk basically. Not good at all.

I feel your pain, totally having one of those weeks! All I want is chocolate, even when I've eaten breakfast/lunch/dinner, I just wanna pig out on chocolate! Feel like such a pig for wanting it so bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Ceoil_Cailin

Hi all :)
    Was down .5lbs this week. It should have been more but I totally lost the plot Tuesday night. Ordered pizza and wedges. What was I thinking ????? My tummy hurt so bad after it and for a day or two after aswell.
    Am trying to get back on track but it's so hard after such a big mistake !!!!
    I have less than a week left until I fly off for Xmas to the sun - bikini time is fast approaching :( and I should be at my most motivated, but I'm not !!!! Need to get my ass in gear !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

Hi all :)
    Was down .5lbs this week. It should have been more but I totally lost the plot Tuesday night. Ordered pizza and wedges. What was I thinking ????? My tummy hurt so bad after it and for a day or two after aswell.
    Am trying to get back on track but it's so hard after such a big mistake !!!!
    I have less than a week left until I fly off for Xmas to the sun - bikini time is fast approaching :( and I should be at my most motivated, but I'm not !!!! Need to get my ass in gear !!!!

Hi CC, Well done .5 is very good when you look at a block of margarine :) I STS but happy with that because I had a full 12 inch pizza last Sunday night and also had the contents of a selection box over the weekend, damn Tesco selling them for half price and all my favourite bars in there, Couldn't believe a double decker is 8PP, A Picnic bar is 6 and a Crunchie 5PP, Crunchie worth it alright but to eat the whole box:eek::eek::eek: Anyway had a great today today, finished work for the weekend and sitting in front of the blaring fire, 6PP left and wanting toyshow munchies, afraid to go to the shop in case I fall off the horse again... Lucky you off to the Sun, great incentive to stay focused, hope everyone has a great PP friendly weekend;)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

This weekend has ruined me! Had so much chocolate watching the Toy Show and then ended up going out last night where I drank copious amounts of alcohol followed by a LARGE taco fries after. Why do I do this to myself?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

At the ripe old age of 30 I have discovered the joy of tea and crumpets. So nice. I got some of the 3 point ones from M&S which you can freeze. I love them with a tiny bit of low fat spread and a tablespoon or less of maple syrup. 5 points for a nice filling snack to warm you up on a cold dreary winters day. Just took a walk down to the farmers market to buy some fresh fruit and veg. Once I have thawed out I am gonna make a nice big beef casserole (got a lovely bit of lean steak in Butchers yesterday) for when I get home from college tomorrow night and I am also gonna make the Hairy Dieter's Thai Chicken Curry recipe and freeze it for during the week. I swear to God I haven't not liked one recipe I've made from their book and I've made at least a dozen of them so far :) Had a lot of drinks on Friday night so dreading the scales tomorrow but I didn't eat anything bad so fingers crossed I have another loss. I'm definitely feeling trimmer. Good luck for the week ahead everyone and hope you've all had a nice weekend.

Had a good enough weekend ww-wise, spent a whopping 10 points on chocolate yesterday but it was only because I hadnt eaten that much all day and had the ten points left to spend at the end of the night.. Was out getting started on my Christmas shopping today (the stress of it) and was so jealous of all the people sitting at the cafes eating their yummy desserts and drinking yummy hot drinks.. I managed to resist and grab a banana and a fruit mix from M&S (the smell of their bakery almost killed me too, especially after my sister buying one of their infamous cookies! :() Came home then and the rest of the fam decided for the night that was in it that they'd order a chinese... Again I resisted, very begrudgingly, and made my own chicken and veg curry... I'm really hoping my efforts pay off tomorrow night, its been a tough week temptation wise...

Taz1 wrote: »
    Again I resisted, very begrudgingly, and made my own chicken and veg curry... I'm really hoping my efforts pay off tomorrow night, its been a tough week temptation wise...

I'm sure your efforts will pay off! I always feel like these small victories of changing how you used to deal with things are really big victories. I always feel into the trap of "I deserve a glass of wine or six..."

For me it's finally getting back to exercising again and making different choices when we do go out to eat. I feel so much better. I just have to be able to feel okay when I don't lose for a week, even after being "good" all week.

My weekend was exactly as I expected it to be - non stop food. I can feel it in my trousers today too! Def at least 2lbs on. Trying to find a class I can make this week that I can just WI and face the damage. There is one around the corner from me in work on thurs at lunch time. An unorthadox time for me to WI but I need to do it otherwise next week will be a nightmare!

Oh well the food was awesome and the weekend was great too so it was worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I was away for the weekend. Did really well foodwise. I wan't perfect but considering I had no control over what I ate I did good. Drank copious amounts of alcohol though. After last weeks big loss and the weekend away, I expected to be up but I was down 0.5lb!

Just saw now I wrote gain earlier when it was actually a loss...oops! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Have a SERIOUS case of the munchies today! I'm not hungry, but I can't shake the "I want nice things feeling" - and I keep giving in to it too!!

ck83 wrote: »
    Have a SERIOUS case of the munchies today! I'm not hungry, but I can't shake the "I want nice things feeling" - and I keep giving in to it too!!

Me too ;) its cos its cold and yucky out ! Sip a cup of tea slowly.
    I have weigh in tomorrow ! Got to be good :)

• Advertisement

Down 4.5 today, thats my last two weeks of gains back off again.... I've Christmas dinners/nights out every weekend from now until Christmas though so I'm going to have to be the strictest I can be during the week and try get as much exercise in as I can.. Would love to treat myself to a fitted Christmas dress nearer the big day and of course a lovely Christmas outfit. Best of luck to everyone with this weeks WIs!

Taz1 wrote: »
    Down 4.5 today, thats my last two weeks of gains back off again.... I've Christmas dinners/nights out every weekend from now until Christmas though so I'm going to have to be the strictest I can be during the week and try get as much exercise in as I can.. Would love to treat myself to a fitted Christmas dress nearer the big day and of course a lovely Christmas outfit. Best of luck to everyone with this weeks WIs!

Absolutely brilliant taz !! That's super. What did you do differently this week? I have my. Weigh in tomorrow :(

I cant get back on track! Was ok for breakfast, had my normal 5pp - but then I got a chicken fillet and coleslaw roll and hunky dorys for lunch and then came home and had 2 peanut butter and jam sandwiches!! Not having dinner now but I could easily have some toast/chocolate - I am just staying away from the kitchen so I dont. Going into hospital tomorrow for a small procedure - and I know I am going to want comfort food after. But I am going to try and make it healthy comfort food if I can. I'm stuck in a cycle and i need to snap out of it!

I cant get back on track! Was ok for breakfast, had my normal 5pp - but then I got a chicken fillet and coleslaw roll and hunky dorys for lunch and then came home and had 2 peanut butter and jam sandwiches!! Not having dinner now but I could easily have some toast/chocolate - I am just staying away from the kitchen so I dont. Going into hospital tomorrow for a small procedure - and I know I am going to want comfort food after. But I am going to try and make it healthy comfort food if I can. I'm stuck in a cycle and i need to snap out of it!

I know what u mean - that was me last week ! I had an awful day, even ordered a pizza meal deal for MYSELF ! Just have to take the next day as a new day and start over ! Easier said than done I know ! But one bad day doesn't clock up the pounds, it's the bad few days and bad few weeks !

Absolutely brilliant taz !! That's super. What did you do differently this week? I have my. Weigh in tomorrow :(

Thanks Ceoil Cailin.. I didn't really do anything majorly different to be honest, just tried to be as good as I could and get as much exercise in as I could. I used the AP I had earned to go with the remainder of my dailies on Friday to treat myself to a Chicken Pad Thai, and tried not to dip into my weeklies too much. Other than that I exercised 6 out of the 7 days last week and tried to drink more water (could have drank more though - gonna work on that this week). Christmas and the new clothes and nights out that it brings with it are what's keep me motivated at the moment. Its a time of year I could fall down if I'm not careful, so just want to try be as good as I can while I can. Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Hi, I am a 28 year old male who is severly overweight. I am now 18st 12. I am very ashamed of myself, and because of the weight, I don't even have the confidence to go out. I am afraid to go walking because I am convinced people will be laughing at me. Last year I was on Weight Watchers, and lost 2 stone. However, I slipped up and couldn't get back on track.
    I have started Weight Watchers again this week. I am not going to the meetings as I feel ashamed. I have a strong desire to do this, but I find the motivation hard. I suffer from severe anxiety and motivation is difficult to achieve.
    Has anyone been in this situation before? And how did you get through it?
    Thanks.

Hi monkeynuts. i hope youve had a good week this week and even if not theres always next week. when i started ww i was 18st 13.5lbs so i can kinda feel how you feel. im female though and only 5ft 2 so it looked even worse on me.
    i used to feel so embarrased and everytime i sliped up i refused to go to meetings because i didnt want to admit i sliped up to the leader. so a few weeks later i would start again as a totally new member in another class, (i must have joined most of the south dublin and city centre classes) anyway eventally i found a leader who in one meeting told us she joined ww 13 times before she lost her weight. ive left and come back to her class 5 times and never once felt judged shes always been supportive. so never feel embarrased to go to class their your support. also as your male if your in dublin there a very good mens only class in knocklyon if youd feel better going to one of them.

and about the excercise thing ive found in the gym people tend to be concentrating on their own work out more than people around them. im lucky that i found a gym that has a very small free weight section so most people at it are trying to lose weight and not bulk up. dont feel concious about excercising, feel proud that your doing it i once heard a saying that inspires me when i feel like im not doing well excerciseing "no matter how slow your running/walking/crawling, your still lapping everyone sitting on the couch"

around motivation im doing this by small easy acheivable goals. i think one day at a time every morning i say to myself im going to have a good day today and feel pround of myself, all the chocolate crisps and mcdonalds will still be there tomorrow if i want it but for today im going to be good. i know i can have mcdonalds but if i do i face the concequences of either it taking up most of my points for the day and being hungry or not counting it and seeing it show up on the scales. taking responsibilty for my choices and their consequences really works for me.

around the anxiety. i found the gym helped me work things out in my head. i have a play list on my mp3 player for the gym of really fast loud songs and i get on the tread mill and put it onto a confortable number for me to walk at and blair my music into my ears and clase my eyes and think and feel all those things i havent let myself feel all week. (i work in a very emotionally draining sector). i find that as the music gets faster so do i and i keep pumping up the tread mill. by the end of my work out session ive done more than just work out my body ive worked out a lot of the things in my head. by the time i get home i feel like a new person so relaxed.
    Im still nowhere near my goal weight (10st as im so small and female) but i feel much better in myself and im able to cope much better
    i know you posted 6 days ago so your either coming to your first week or your not around to read this but i really hope you are here and you do read this so you know your not alone. people have been one the same journey that your just begining and i know you can make it too

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Anyone know what the new ww 360 is??

I saw somethimg about that on the American website, not sure if its gonna be relevent to us or not? Curious though!

Its been very quiet on here lately... Waiting for the forum to be bombarded with peoples results from their WIs this week! A gorgeous box of Lily O'Brien chocolates were laid on the table infront of us in work today, damn this time of the year, and its only gonna get worse! They were passed around to each of us and I DID manage to resist, my willpower was tested even further when they were left (open-so I could almost smell them!) right beside me, for the remainder of lunch! Off to the gym now to go through a new programme with one of the instructors, and I'm no more in the mood, hate exercising late in the evenings, usuallu have it over with by now! Trying to keep telling myself that I need to work especially hard this week if I'm to consume a 4 course dinner for our Christmas Party this weekend! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

layviae wrote: »
    anyway eventally i found a leader who in one meeting told us she joined ww 13 times before she lost her weight. ive left and come back to her class 5 times and never once felt judged shes always been supportive. so never feel embarrased to go to class their your support. also as your male if your in dublin there a very good mens only class in knocklyon if youd feel better going to one of them.

What class do you go to? I could use a leader like that I'm thinking of going back to meetings for the extra kick but am terrified of going back to my old leader. Also the time doesn't really suit.

I think its placing emphasis on keeping the weight off after you get to goal which is one of the biggest criticisms of WW.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/02/weight-watchers-new-program/1732297/

• Advertisement

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I think its placing emphasis on keeping the weight off after you get to goal which is one of the biggest criticisms of WW.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/02/weight-watchers-new-program/1732297/

Hmmm I'll have to have a look at that, I've been kind of sceptical about that aspect of WW too to be honest!

Advertisement