Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AKS1991

Down 0.5, which was what I was expecting/hoping for after a less than perfect weekend! Happy enough!

Just to let ye know the Skinny Cow mint-choc Ice-creams are half price in tesco at the min, bargain at 2pp's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Well I lost 1 lb this week, was pretty happy with that. This week is not going very well though, at another training course in a hotel with food provided, why can't I resist food!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

WI tomorrow. Eeek! It's my Wednesday on at work, so ill have to weigh later in the day than usual! I hate it, because I usually expect to have a gain. I'm off thur and fri, but there's no AM class in my area.
    On the positive side, I've a week off work starting tomorrow, so at least I can work a bit of exercise back into my life! Hurrah! Have a couple of days away next week, so will have to be careful up til then, so I can enjoy a couple of guilt free meals out!!
    Good luck with the WIs guys n gals!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Heya. I was only down 0.4lbs this week but after a month of STS any loss is good for me. I have to be super good this week as out Friday night and then doing the 12 pubs of crimbo on Saturday. Will try so hard not to eat rubbish. Made gorgeous 2 chicken breasts each stuffed with 30g garlic & herb phili wrapped in parma ham last night. Had it with 40g each cous cous that i had added diced onion and garlic to and a chicken stock cube. Between 2 it worked out at 10pps each.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi everyone,
    I've been hiding away...in fear.
    I'm going away after christmas to the sun & this has put a complete panic on me. I know if I try really hard between now and then, it will pay off and I'll feel great.
    However, I cannot stop myself eating. I couldn't even wait the 3 minutes for the Count on us meal to cook last night, I had to pick my familys leftovers while I waited. And then this morning, I ate a whole scone which is defo 15 pps with butter.
    I CANNOT STOP EATING.
    Help please.
    I need to get my as* in gear.
    UGH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Hi I had my first gain only 1/2lb so was happy had a crappy weekend just hungry non stop! Eating and still hungry! I drank loads of water though I must be thirsty but no! Anyway back on track out walking this morning god roads so slippy normally it takes 50 mins was out 1hr 20 at least I didn't fall. Feeling a lot like Christmas now must get organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

Hi, had a sneaky look on the scales this morning because I felt a little slimmer but had huge slip ups with chocolate and not tracking after the weekend, down 1.5 but official weigh in not until Friday, its amazing how everyday stresses can make you forget about food and eating at all sometimes... Going to have a nice healthy dinner this evening and thats it. Exercise is non existent at the moment, just cannot get motivated right now.. hope everyone is doing ok

maidie wrote: »
    forget about food and eating at all sometimes...

I wish I was more like you Maidie!! I'd never forget to eat, possibly where I've gone wrong all these years....

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

I wish I was more like you Maidie!! I'd never forget to eat, possibly where I've gone wrong all these years....

Hi flowerpower, let me tell you it doesn't happen too often:) So cold today, I didn't warm up all day, afraid the oil is going to run out so won't turn it on to heat the house!! Maybe my body is protesting to losing weight and thats why i'm feeling so cold..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Eabhabear wrote: »

What class do you go to? I could use a leader like that I'm thinking of going back to meetings for the extra kick but am terrified of going back to my old leader. Also the time doesn't really suit.

i go to the one in the firhouse community centre (dublin 24) its not far off the m50 at the firhouse knocklyon exit. she really is amazing. never once judged me when i reappeared. even if ive put on she'll write down what i am and at the very top write what i was on the very first day to remind me how far ive come. she does a morning class and 2 evening classes and shes just so inspriantional and such a real person love her

• Advertisement

maidie wrote: »

Hi flowerpower, let me tell you it doesn't happen too often:) So cold today, I didn't warm up all day, afraid the oil is going to run out so won't turn it on to heat the house!! Maybe my body is protesting to losing weight and thats why i'm feeling so cold..

thats my biggest pitfall becoming freezing cold and deciding that my body needs more fat to stay warm (i barely fit into normal size clothes) so this year ive made the decision that im gonna stay warm. im layered up when im home for the evening (socks vests pjs dressing gown slippers) and im making lots of easy make soup (boil water in a pot throw in a stock cube, throw in a bag of veg, use a bit of dry herbs/spices and blend) at the moment i have curry carrot soup with a veg stock cube but i love brocolli soup with a chicken stock cube and if im really feeling energytic ill put in mushrooms and make chicken mushroom and brocolli soup. (also if you want to make a creamy soup put in one of two low low cheese triangles). so now im warm and full and it took longer to write this post than make the soup so i really have no excuse to snack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Was up 1.5lb this avo. Was ok with it, coz weighed later in the day than usual. Had sneakily looked at my own scales first thing this morn, and was down a pound on first thing last wed when I usually weigh.
    Have splurged a bit today, but ill get back on track tomorrow. Plenty exercise for the week on the cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Back on track today! I have been good and tracked everything and had a very healthy dinner of cod, baked potato and green beans. Planned dinners for the next few days and am determined to stick to it. It is so hard to get back on track after nearly a full week of indulging. I missed my WI on tuesday evening and I need to see what the damage of last week was so I am going to a lunch time weigh in near work. Unusual to go to a midday weigh in so it wont be completely accurate but I just need something!!

The time of year is full of temptation so I decided to get prepared and propoint some of the treats that I may see over the coming weeks. Made a list of them here http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/12/christmas-treats.html

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Had my first gain last night - up .5lb :( was disappointed but I did pig out a lil on Monday literally could not stop eating and just gave in and pigged out. Annoyed with myself, just didn't think at the time - the food was in my stomach before I stopped to think about what I just did, but hopefully I can cop on now for the next 2 wks and get a lil bit down, 1lb to go to my first stone and really want that plus a lil bit more before xmas! I'll get going again just the thought of all the xmas parties and nights out over the next few wks has me terrified! Meant to be doing the 12 pubs on Saturday so was thinking of just having a diet 7up instead of alcohol and my friend prob wouldn't even notice any different... how sad is that! :/ But I'll have to cut back some way as I have my xmas party Friday night and literally won't have the points for both nights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Taz1 wrote: »
    Down 4.5 today, thats my last two weeks of gains back off again

Well done Taz! Any sign of your gold card yet? My leader took me old card off me last night and is giving me my gold one next week. I'm so excited to get it!

I'm finding maintenance grand but I can't seem to stop losing. I got to goal 4 weeks ago and have lost another 5lbs since then. I've been upping my pps every week though and my loss this week was only 0.5lbs. I'm hoping that with the final extra pp added this week I should finally start seeing STSs. I don't want to lose any more but at least now I have a nice little cushion for Christmas, I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Was up 2 this week, so upset, that's exactly what I lost last week :( Not one bit surprised though, I ate like a pig all week and it's only after stepping on the scales that I realised I was doing it. Plus I've exams so I kept justifying treats by saying it's ok because I'm studying. Not this week though!! I've made lunch for the week until WI next week and I've been keeping a closer eye on what I've been eating. I will NOT put on the usual load of weight I normally do at exam time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AKS1991

sunrise91 wrote: »
    Was up 2 this week, so upset, that's exactly what I lost last week :( Not one bit surprised though, I ate like a pig all week and it's only after stepping on the scales that I realised I was doing it. Plus I've exams so I kept justifying treats by saying it's ok because I'm studying. Not this week though!! I've made lunch for the week until WI next week and I've been keeping a closer eye on what I've been eating. I will NOT put on the usual load of weight I normally do at exam time!!

Im the same, doing exams at the min and find it so hard to focus on ww with the studying! Have been very good so far with packing a good lunch and a flask of soup, but its resisting a chocolate bar during coffee breaks that im struggling with! Making better choices than i would have during exam time in the past, but still not necessarily good choices! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

AKS1991 wrote: »
    Im the same, doing exams at the min and find it so hard to focus on ww with the studying! Have been very good so far with packing a good lunch and a flask of soup, but its resisting a chocolate bar during coffee breaks that im struggling with! Making better choices than i would have during exam time in the past, but still not necessarily good choices! :/

I'm making a lot better choices than I have in previous years. When I think back on how much I used to eat during exams over the years it makes me sick!! I'd have a massive dinner everyday at 12, eat a scone or something later with coffee and at least one bar of chocolate a day. Then there would be snacks n between that. And this would go on for weeks! Thankfully I've not fallen into that pattern this year, imagine how many points I was eating!!

That's actually one aspect of WW I really like, I've become so much more aware of what I'm eating everyday. Don't think I'll ever shake that off now!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

cosmic wrote: »
    Well done Taz! Any sign of your gold card yet? My leader took me old card off me last night and is giving me my gold one next week. I'm so excited to get it!

I'm finding maintenance grand but I can't seem to stop losing. I got to goal 4 weeks ago and have lost another 5lbs since then. I've been upping my pps every week though and my loss this week was only 0.5lbs. I'm hoping that with the final extra pp added this week I should finally start seeing STSs. I don't want to lose any more but at least now I have a nice little cushion for Christmas, I guess!

YES! I said it to my leader last week and got it this week, even though I got to goal almost 2 months ago, I was SO happy to see it! I haven't even got a chance to try maintaining yet as I had a few things on the weeks after getting to goal and so put on weight, which meant I had to lose weight to get back down! To be honest I can't see myself getting to try maintenance until the new year with all the christmas occasions that're coming up, I'll be gaining and losing I'd say! Which is a pain. But I shall let you know how I'm getting on with it then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Weighed in at lunch time and only gained half a pound. Now that may not be as accurate as I usually weigh on a Tuesday at 7. But being weighed has def knocked me back in line. Ate only my 26 yesterday and have food planned so only having 26 today. Gonna try not touch my weeklies ( or as few as possible) to see how I get on!!

• Advertisement

Its been unusually quiet on here all week, I hope everyone is doing ok!

Morning everyone,

Happy Friday.

WI last night. Was only DELIGHTED. Down 5 pounds. At 11.6 & 1/2 now. Cannot believe this.

So, I'm now Miss Positive.

19 days from Saturday until 26 December - marking days now that I'm going to allow myself let a little loose. Going to watch my alcohol intake, that's where it gets me.

I know I can so easily fall off the bandwagon now but my loss last night has really spurred me on. It would be so easy to give up now but I know that I will be miserable on Christmas Day.
    So, I'm saying NO TO BEING FAT

With yours in slimness,
    Flowerpower

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Taz1 most of us put on a little weight this week. trying to knock that off this week and some more! made my soup yesterday for a few days but have to eat bread with it but i allow for it! Hope everyone has a good weekend, last week was my downfall! so hoping that the hungry monster that lives in my stomach behaves :)
    Go Flowerpower that an amazing result! it does make you so much more determined for next week.

Taz1 wrote: »
    Its been unusually quiet on here all week, I hope everyone is doing ok!

i was thinking that as well although it always goes very quiet coming up to christmas. it'll be mad busy in the new year. im gonna stay at it up till probally the 24th and then be back the 28th as i never do anything for new year and i know i can put on 7lbs in a week (and i have done and weighed in with it lucky i got pregnant 3 weeks later so my leader just thought i was pregnant at the time but i know i wasnt)

i love everyones blogs about the christmas treats. thanks to the person who posts about aldi stuff. ive discovered medeterian wraps because of you. and whoever posted about the christmas chocolates i was shocked at how much the wishes star was and the snow ball because i would have bought both of them thinking they were low and then i would have been shocked later when i pointed them (after i ate them)
    for everyone whoes still here, keep it going as long as you can and make a little cushion for the christmas treats. hope everyones doing ok

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hi all, I've been lurking and not posting the last wee while. I am currently only 1.5lbs off my first stone (vay exciting), but sts this week, probably due to the tin of roses I ripped into on Tuesday night. I avoided gaining weight, but being so close to silver seven and a stone... Trying really hard this week, but I'm going out for dinner on Sunday and on Monday for Christmas occasions. Does anyone have any tips for eating out? We are going to Milanos on Sunday, which will help because I can get a Leggera pizza, but probably going to Kai Cafe in Galway on Monday - they have a menu that changes every day, so it's hard to plan. :-( I'd love to have the full stone gone by Christmas, its been my goal all along...

I think we all struggle at this time of year - it's the time of excess after all! Our leader was really stressing the importance of tracking religiously at the meeting the other night. It makes sense, because there are so many temptations around and I can slip into eating aimlessly.

All we can all do is our best!! Of course we've to treat ourselves over Christmas, but this year I'm going for quality over quantity. Chinese on Christmas Eve and only two roast potatoes (which I'll enjoy every bit of!) and not a single solitary Tayto is being allowed over the threshold!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

All we can all do is our best!! Of course we've to treat ourselves over Christmas, but this year I'm going for quality over quantity. Chinese on Christmas Eve and only two roast potatoes (which I'll enjoy every bit of!) and not a single solitary Tayto is being allowed over the threshold!

I agree about quality over quantity. I'm planning to choose the things I really want and only eat those. And to exercise every day, or as much as I can. Going in with a plan should help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

sarahfancy wrote: »
    I agree about quality over quantity. I'm planning to choose the things I really want and only eat those.

Yup, I did this a few years ago. Only gained 2lbs over the Christmas season, a period of about two weeks for me. Was very pleased with that. Got to eat my favourite Christmas foods, and the weight I had gained was gone in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Hi,

Haven't had time to post in ages. Didn't even have time to WI for the last two weeks...but I did weigh at home & so far I am STS. Long may it last, I'd be happy with that until I get time back to myself again!

Does anyone know how many propoints in rack of Lamb. I am doing a dinner party tomorrow night & thats my main course but I'm not sure how many points to allow for it. The rack is small & I will be serving 3 or 4 cutlets per person.

Thanks for the help...hope everyone has a good weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pocon

Hi folks - new to this! Does anyone know when the classes start back after the holidays? I know our Thursday class is finishing on the 20th, but I forgot to ask when we're back... thanks

• Advertisement

Yup, I did this a few years ago. Only gained 2lbs over the Christmas season, a period of about two weeks for me. Was very pleased with that. Got to eat my favourite Christmas foods, and the weight I had gained was gone in a week.

Gosh, I think I'd be doing extremely well if 2lb was my gain after Christmas, doubt it very much though, when I'm bad, I'm bad! I joined WW this time last year and managed to lose weight, but that was due to good losses ya get anyway at the start with the shock to your body, and I pointed every day... This year, pah to that! But hopefully I'll make better choices if I'm gonna indulge.. I've my work Christmas party tomorrow and emailed the hotel during the week to ask if they could send me a copy of their menu, was really worried about it being a 4 course meal but I'm gonna choose melon as starter and probably turkey & ham for main with PLENTY of veg, the dessert is a medley of small things so I'll probably do the most damage with that and then the alcohol.. If I was really good I'd pass on both but I suppose its not like this occasion comes around very often... Been tryna be good all week and tried to get the exercise in with gym yesterday, today and tomorrow...

Advertisement