Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Some Christmas advice that my leader gave me my first year of WW (2 years ago!). Write out how much you would like to lose/gain or STS over the Christmas period. Then pick 2/3 days that you are going to allow yourself to take off from WW. Keep thinking of that number over the period.

I took 3 days off - Christmas Day, Stephens Day and New Years Eve. That year I had written I'd lose 5 lbs and my leader thought I was mad but low and behold first WI back I lost 5 lbs and got a silver seven. Everyone is the class was looking at me like I was some freak :D That's my plan for this year as well. Maybe not 5 lbs but I want to have a loss. Last year I had a gain but that was a mixture of Christmas and studying for finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Went to a wine and cheese night and gave in a had some cheese - didn't have too much but am counting it as 20 pp and not using any more weeklies. Have 19 dailies left and making a low fat lasagne tonight so should have enough for a small treat after dinner tonight! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend

Oh yeh and I made this the other week and its lovely. Hard to find low fat recipes for pork chops I find! http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/12/mustard-pork-chops.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I have lost the run if myself since my WI on Wednesday. I couldn't even begin to work out how many pp I've eaten. I'm ashamed to say I are a jam donut this morn for breakfast. I better cop on or ill have to wear a maternity dress for my Xmas nights out!!!
    Going away tonorrow for two nights. At least ill be supervised!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

ccseli wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone,
    I've just blogged a new post on baked potatoes. Crispy on the outside and floury on the inside. This goes with everything. http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/12/the-perfect-baked-potato.html?m=1

i tried your recepie and it was brilliant finally had some decent potatoes. i love everyones blogs especailly the ones with recepies in them because i find ww is very uk bassed so you cant always get the ingrediants here (back in 2007 it was impossible to get quark) and ive also found that with the ww cook books some of the stuff doesnt taste right or doesnt blend right its like they took a really good recepie and changed some of the ingrediants to low fat but never tried it.
    i love that all your blogs cook and then taste things before putting them up.

also to whoever put up the party food blog THANKYOU so much you saved my weekend. i was in my parents house yesterday for lunch and they made mini sausage rolls to have with our lunch, my 4yr old had about 10 of them, when i was on my 3rd i rememberd that party food although looking small can be 1-3 points in some cases, i checked the pack and it was 2pp each or 2 for 3pp. i took my 3 as 5pp but still fell it was a total waste of 5pp

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

1st of the Christmas parties last night, food-wise was okay, chose melon for starters, turkey & ham with scoop of potato and veg for main and merangue nest and 1 profiterole for dessert. Alcohol wise, not so good - 5 vodka and cokes and 2 jaigerbombs (bleugh!)! I did however, dance my ass off for most of the night afterwards working up quite a pant - wonder if that earned me any activity points? Was starving again by the time I got home but managed to be good and just have a banana. Although I saved all of my weeklies, had 12 activity points and also 12 dailies left from yesterday, I'm still quite nervous as to how WI tomorrow will go! We'll see... Hope everyone had a nice weekend, can't believe Christmas is so close!

• Advertisement

I need some advice! I've been toying with the idea of going back to the meetings to give that push I could do with. I really want to get this weight off once and for all at some point in 2013. I've found a class that suits me but would I be mad to join next week i.e. so close to Christmas? Also would you say there will be special offers in the new year e.g. just pay the tenner and not €20?

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I need some advice! I've been toying with the idea of going back to the meetings to give that push I could do with. I really want to get this weight off once and for all at some point in 2013. I've found a class that suits me but would I be mad to join next week i.e. so close to Christmas? Also would you say there will be special offers in the new year e.g. just pay the tenner and not €20?

I think it's unlikely there'll be offers early in the new year. January is undoubtedly ww's busiest time... They don't need special offers to encourage ppl to join, because half the country sheepishly flocks there anyhow.
    As regards whether or not to join now, it's a tough one. If you leave it til after Xmas, it gives you a bit of a license to go mad over the next few weeks, "getting it out of your system". That's a bit dangerous really! If you join now though, you will just have your joining week + 1 weigh in. A bit of a loss that week might encourage you not to go too wild over the festive season!! Depending on what day the new class is, you may only be missing one weigh in over the holidays too...

i reckon they'll have some special offer after christmas especailly if your on their text list. however you have to ask youself is the extra weight youll lose in the next two weeks to feel amazing for christmas worth spending the extra bit on? for me it possibly would be. also someone once suggested to me that instead of going every week go every second week as it only costs €15 so for 4 weeks your spending €30 instead of €40 if cost is an issue

Thanks for the replies guys. Cost isn't an issue since I've started work full time. Its actually the reason I've decided to go back. I think I will start this week as its a Tuesday class so it'll be 4 weeks until the new class and that could equal nearly half a stone. Also its not like I'm starting the plan, I've been doing it at home so it'd just be a continuation. I just feel a bit weird going up to the leader so close to Christmas....stupid I know :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Up 0.4lbs this morning but considering I did 12 pubs of crimbo on Saturday and fell off the wagon a bit yesterday I just dread to think how much Id be up if I hadn't been careful all week. Have exams next Monday so no booze this week. Hopefully that should bring a loss next Monday. Good luck everyone.

• Advertisement

As expected I was up 1.5lbs. It's TOTM and I didn't have the best week. I'm not too worried as I still have lost 5.5lbs in 3 weeks. I've decided to join meetings again tomorrow to give me that extra push as I seem to have a habit of being good for 2/3 weeks and then one bad week. Good luck to everyone at WI this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi all!

I've been absent for a while as I was being very bold and not pointing so I was up an expected 2lbs on Friday and followed it with an horrendous weekend with two meals out and a dominos yesterday :(

I had a good mental talking to myself yesterday and I'm back with a vengence. I decided to try the 2/500 or whatever it's called. I saw my mum and sister on Friday. They've been doing it for two weeks now and look amazing! Their stomachs are so flat.

500 calories are so hard to live on though! I had porridge with skimmed milk this morning and I have 0 points soup with me for lunch and I will have the same for tea. I just spent the last 20 mins calculating calories and I can have my soup with two ryvitas for lunch, grapes, a plum and a mandarine for snacks and soup without the ryvitas for dinner. Gulp! I have nothing left for tea with l/f milk as I already had a cup. If I can survive without the grapes, I might leave them and have a ryvita with my soup later as I am going to the gym so I'll need it!

The only upside is that my mam and sister said they ate less the other days than they usually would as it felt like their stomachs didn't need as much to fill them. Even so, this is going to be a long day!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Hey haven't posted in ages but always checking in to see how everyone is doing i have 2.5lbs to goal which i would love for Christmas but it really hard time of the year to diet. Im trying my best to keep up the exercise which seems to be keeping me on track have been down half pound each of the last 2 weeks and i wouldn't have been expecting a loss but i am running 3 times a week so thats my plan to get over the christmas without too much damage try keep up the exercise. But i am so looking forward to Christmas ho ho ho:D. Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying the build up to Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

well dont tryagain! I cant wait until Im 2.5 away from goal!! My plan to get over Christmas without doing too much damage is to exercise as much as I can too. I started the couch25k and Im finding it brill! Best of luck over the next few weeks everyone!!!

STS this week thankfully, after my Christmas party on Saturday night... I've another one this weekend so gonna have to try do the same again this week and be good with exercise/food all week in preparation for the party..

Im dreading WI tomorrow - after my measly 0.5lb gain last week when I know I deserved more and the fact I didnt stick to my not eating any of my weeklies plan. Now I do still have 10 weeklies left (the wine and cheese on friday and a saturday night treat really got me) This time of year is so hard. My plan for xmas is to gain as little as possible. The calendar in the pro u book is great - you highlight the days you know it will be hard and the ones it will be easier to stick to your propoints. This year I am having 2 christmases as my parents are going away on the 21st - so we are having our big xmas dinner/gift exchange that night and then me and my sister are going to have christmas day on the 25th just the 2 of us. So the days I highlighted as being touch are the 20th (my xmas party), 21st, 23rd (annual xmas meal/night out with my friends), 25th, 26th and 31st. All other days I am going to my very best to stick to 26 and see how I get on with that. Also getting a set of kettlebells for xmas and gonna try do them as much as possible over xmas!

In other news made the hairy dieters chicken and ham tangle pie and oh my god it is heavenly!! I couldnt evenly split it into 5 portions cos of the dish i used so I just divided it by 4 and worked out the points accordingly (still had enough left for the day) But i swear it is taking all my will power not to go and finish the last of it even though I am stuffed! if you invest in any recipe book this xmas then go with hairy dieters -I have worked out the propoints for everything if anyone wants to know!! Will post the pie recipe on my blog soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Down 3.5 this week!! Absolutely delighted, especially after my gain last week. Gonna try and be as good this week but I finish exams so there'll be a night out for that and we're doing the 12 pubs on Saturday. I'll just have to be strict for the few days up til those and try and keep my weeklies. So happy with that loss though, especially so close to xmas!

Hi all!

So I survived my day on 500 cals but it was very tough! I stuck to the porridge and soup plan and it was doable with some fruit during the day. I just had a bowl of soup and a plum for my tea. I nearly died though from around 8pm onwards though and so distracted myself by going through the ardous process of buying Cinderella tickets for myself, my OH and two of our little relatives.

To be honest, I almost felt weak by bedtime but my mum and sister said the first time you do it is the toughest. I excitedly told my OH how I was going to have a bowl of porridge with some sultanas and cinnamon for breakfast. He looked at me like I was mad in the head! :)

While it was a hard day, I have to say it showed me how I can survive on a lot less food than I thought and I don't need loads of snacks and treats. I feel fine today too. I had my much anticipated porridge and a plum and pear so far. I find in the mid morning I need some fruit to perk me up. We are having a Christmas lunch at work today but I will try to have melon, turkey with veg and just try the desert. That will leave me fuller for the evening so I hopefully won't feel the urge to snack.

I had to rid the house of all treats even WW bars as lately I can't just have one. All I have now are some of the Dunnes light mousse yoghurts which I only ever want one of. It won't last long with Christmas coming and we already have two boxes of Heroes in the house but they are gifts for OH's family so they will remain securely sealed!

I had my Xmas Party at the weekend and the OH's is Friday - partners included so I have to be very good this week.

Have a good WW week everyone!

Those doing 5:2, do you work full time? If so how do you find it during the day? I wouldn't mind trying it to give my weightloss a kick. One of the days would be a weekend so it would only be one workday which I suppose isn't that bad.
    Also I presume you would you count the calories of fruit and veg?

• Advertisement

Eabhabear, I work full time in an office and it was fine. I found the evening harder. TBH, I think I will do it again on a weekday as I find I do better with WW when the day is structured and I am distracted by work. A weekend day can be unpredicatable and I imagine it would be so long when you're not eating! However, as with all these things, different strokes for different folks :)

CavanGal wrote: »
    Eabhabear, I work full time in an office and it was fine. I found the evening harder. TBH, I think I will do it again on a weekday as I find I do better with WW when the day is structured and I am distracted by work. A weekend day can be unpredicatable and I imagine it would be so long when you're not eating! However, as with all these things, different strokes for different folks :)

That actually makes more sense. You are in a similar environment to me. What days do you do?

I'm actually really looking forward to going back to meetings tonight. It's put me in a positive mind frame after my bad week last week!

That actually makes more sense. You are in a similar environment to me. What days do you do?

I'm actually really looking forward to going back to meetings tonight. It's put me in a positive mind frame after my bad week last week!

It was my first day yesterday but I think I will do Monday and Wednesday as my WI is Friday morning so I would be afraid if I did it Thursday, the scales would show a false loss. I don't think I will point the days I am doing it as I feel that would give me an allowance of extra points to mess with on the other days and will cancel out any good I do.

I actually feel a bit sick after my big Christmas lunch today so maybe my stomach couldn't handle the amount and richness of the food after so little yesterday. Good sign, I hope!

Oh and yes, all calories are counted. Google is great for that, I even found the calories for the WW soup on there. Bananas are 100calories! I never realised they were so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

Haven't posted on here for a while as have beentaking a very lazy approach to ww these past few weeks but thankfully I have managed not to do any damage and had 2 STS before getting a .5lb down last night! It seems to be the motivation I needed and I am in a much better frame of mind ww wise and hope to get a good loss this week to compensate for christmas! Good Luck to everyone with their WI's this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

Also just to let everyone know from the 2nd of January to the 19th WW are doing prepay 7 weeks for the price of 6.. So thats 7 weeks for €50!

well done for chosing to go to the meeting eabhabear, i hope it goes well for you.

today i made the decision to go over my points (actually im using mfp so counting callories as their so much easier to see on a pack) but i went over by about 6/7 pro points.
    i had quite a large breakfast (a bagel and loads of smoked salmon) as i was feeling weak and starving and know i always feel better with a large ammount of fish or proten, but even after that i was still tired and slugish and starving, i was in the gym last night and had a really good workout, but my dinner before it didnt have much proteen and i only had an orange when i came home as it was half nine so i just showered and got into bed,
    anyway i knew i was having a low calorie dinner (one of the operation transformation recepies from last season) so i asked himself if he wanted to go to nandos for lunch while we were out doing some shopping,
    i had a very sensible meal (butterfly chicken, diet coke and we shared perri perri chips and spicy rice) i even had a nata for desert by the end of it i felt so full and so satasfied and so not on a diet,
    even though i went over i didnt go over by much, before when i felt like this i would give up but im so happy that i didnt i just found a way around it and i should still get a loss this week (hopefully)... so there it is confession over with

CavanGal wrote: »

It was my first day yesterday but I think I will do Monday and Wednesday as my WI is Friday morning so I would be afraid if I did it Thursday, the scales would show a false loss. I don't think I will point the days I am doing it as I feel that would give me an allowance of extra points to mess with on the other days and will cancel out any good I do.

I actually feel a bit sick after my big Christmas lunch today so maybe my stomach couldn't handle the amount and richness of the food after so little yesterday. Good sign, I hope!

Oh and yes, all calories are counted. Google is great for that, I even found the calories for the WW soup on there. Bananas are 100calories! I never realised they were so much!

Thanks mon and weds are probably the best days for me too so I'm going to give it a go next week.

I just want to check that there is meetings next week? That this week isn't the last week before Xmas?

Thanks mon and weds are probably the best days for me too so I'm going to give it a go next week.

I just want to check that there is meetings next week? That this week isn't the last week before Xmas?

Yeah Eabhabear, my leader said last night that there are meetings next week! Its great to be honest as it'll hopefully help me stay on track right up until Christmas week!

Taz1 wrote: »

Yeah Eabhabear, my leader said last night that there are meetings next week! Its great to be honest as it'll hopefully help me stay on track right up until Christmas week!

That's great thanks. That's exactly why I'm going back tonight as I'm hoping it'll keep me on track over Xmas as well!

• Advertisement

Hey everyone. WI in the morn. Expect (and fully deserve) a disaster, as I haven't tracked a bit since last wk. have been reasonably good with exercise though.
    Got an email from my leader yesterday. Classes back on jan 2nd, as its a Wednesday class. I only miss one week over Christmas. Hurrah. Hopefully 2013 will be my year to get to goal!

Advertisement