Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Eabhabear wrote: »
    That's great thanks. That's exactly why I'm going back tonight as I'm hoping it'll keep me on track over Xmas as well!

I think you're doing yourself a great favour by going back now! I joined WW in the last week of November last year, and like you, I did feel a bit silly going up to the leader so close to Christmas, but to be honest I came out so much better the other side of Christmas. I still enjoyed the food, but sensibly with my new found knowledge, drank quite a bit Stephens' and New Years but still managed to lose over those 2 weeks off! I can remember going out for walks those few days after Christmas with hardly any cars on the roads and those that were, were full of families on their visiting trips, so yeah I'd say being in that right frame of mind will definately do you more good than anything else, so best of luck with it! :)
    ck83 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. WI in the morn. Expect (and fully deserve) a disaster, as I haven't tracked a bit since last wk. have been reasonably good with exercise though.
    Got an email from my leader yesterday. Classes back on jan 2nd, as its a Wednesday class. I only miss one week over Christmas. Hurrah. Hopefully 2013 will be my year to get to goal!

The best thing you can do is face up to it, so well done you! Are all classes back that early? I'm hoping I'll go back that week then and not put it off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Taz1 wrote: »

I think you're doing yourself a great favour by going back now! I joined WW in the last week of November last year, and like you, I did feel a bit silly going up to the leader so close to Christmas, but to be honest I came out so much better the other side of Christmas. I still enjoyed the food, but sensibly with my new found knowledge, drank quite a bit Stephens' and New Years but still managed to lose over those 2 weeks off! I can remember going out for walks those few days after Christmas with hardly any cars on the roads and those that were, were full of families on their visiting trips, so yeah I'd say being in that right frame of mind will definately do you more good than anything else, so best of luck with it! :)

The best thing you can do is face up to it, so well done you! Are all classes back that early? I'm hoping I'll go back that week then and not put it off!

I suppose it depends on your leader. Some of them might want the week off. Monday and Tuesday classes won't be back Tom the following week, but from wed the 2nd, normal working days resume, so were business as usual!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AKS1991

Hi folks, just home from WI and down 1.5 so very happy! Same again next week would get me that next silver 7 by xmas which would be fab! I have 6 exams in the next 10 days though, so i have no time for exercise, and will-power is generally quite low! Gonna try be as good as possible but have to give my exams priority! Great to know classes are back so early, i always weigh on a Tuesday but ill hopefully find a different one to go to that Wednesday to get back into the routine as soon as possible! Best of luck in the week ahead! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Just home from WI and was down 1lb! So happy - have been all over the place the last few weeks and am now back to where I was 3 weeks ago. Have had so much on and been finding it hard to get motivation but when I hit my 50lbs I said I would actually be happy to maintain that until xmas and for after. I'm at 50.5lbs down now so if i could lose a little more this week then I have a buffer for the week over xmas.

My meeting is a tuesday so will be off for 2 weeks but I think i am going to find an alternative meeting to go to the week after xmas for damage control!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I'm just back from my meeting and I'm so glad I went. Its a different class so I was a bit weary of the leader but she is lovely. I didn't even need to explain my reasoning for joining now she said to me first! It really is the kick I need! I'm 0.5 lb up from when I started 2 years ago. Kicking myself but its done now and I'm determined to get to goal in 2013!

• Advertisement

I'm just back from my meeting and I'm so glad I went. Its a different class so I was a bit weary of the leader but she is lovely. I didn't even need to explain my reasoning for joining now she said to me first! It really is the kick I need! I'm 0.5 lb up from when I started 2 years ago. Kicking myself but its done now and I'm determined to get to goal in 2013!
    Well done you! Here's to us both getting to goal next year!

Well done TinyPenguin! I've been thinking about buying The Hairy Dieters Cookbook for a while now but I'm still not sure! I do need to find me some new tasty filling & healthy recipes though! Are there many recipes that would be 8-10 pp in value per serving, as thats what I'd normally spend on my dinner!

Well done TinyPenguin! I've been thinking about buying The Hairy Dieters Cookbook for a while now but I'm still not sure! I do need to find me some new tasty filling & healthy recipes though! Are there many recipes that would be 8-10 pp in value per serving, as thats what I'd normally spend on my dinner!

Yeh there are plenty. Just to give you a few examples
    Cajun Spiced chicken and potato wedges - 8pp
    Cod & Prawn Gratin - 7pp
    SKinng beef lasagne - 7pp
    Cottage pie - 7pp
    Beef & Ale Casserole - 9pp

Thats just a few but I feel like I should be working working for them the amount I am plugging this book!

Just home from WI and was down 1lb! So happy - have been all over the place the last few weeks and am now back to where I was 3 weeks ago. Have had so much on and been finding it hard to get motivation but when I hit my 50lbs I said I would actually be happy to maintain that until xmas and for after. I'm at 50.5lbs down now so if i could lose a little more this week then I have a buffer for the week over xmas.

My meeting is a tuesday so will be off for 2 weeks but I think i am going to find an alternative meeting to go to the week after xmas for damage control!

Well done that's a fantastic achievement :D

Yeh there are plenty. Just to give you a few examples
    Cajun Spiced chicken and potato wedges - 8pp
    Cod & Prawn Gratin - 7pp
    SKinng beef lasagne - 7pp
    Cottage pie - 7pp
    Beef & Ale Casserole - 9pp

Thats just a few but I feel like I should be working working for them the amount I am plugging this book!

Oooh they sound lovely! Hmmm I might pick myself up a copy at some stage this week. I saw it on special offer in Easons last week, would be great if it still was!

• Advertisement

Down 1.5 lb today. There's a shocker!
    Have two Xmas nights out this week, so need to up the exercise. If I could manage to lose a lb or two next week I'd be delighted, and my main aim for Xmas will be damage control... TBH, if I started back after Xmas (3 weeks today!!! Yikes) a couple of pounds up from where I am now, ill be ok with that. Ill still have a 3stone loss this year, which is nothing to sneeze at. Here's to another two for 2013!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Well done everyone on great losses this week! I was down .5 which wasn't bad considering how much chocolate i ate this week! Can I join the getting to goal in 2013 club too?! :)
    For anyone who likes noodles with stir frays etc i bought the marks and Spencer's ones last weekend and when I point 1 nest of them theyre only 2pp! Great pp value at dinner! The sharwoods ones i used to eat were 6pp per nest!

Its only day 2 of my new week and I can already feel that this is gonna be a tough week! Yesterday, came home and my mother decided to crack open a lovely tin of quality street and place them in a santa basket in the kitchen on full show, was VERY tempted when I can in from work but resisted. Then today in work I was offered celebrations twice during the course of the day for someones birthday AND there were a tin of heroes offered around aswell as a plate of chocolate biscuits, to make it harder, I was the first in so I could have had my pick of either without looking like a pig, but again, I just about managed to resist.. THEN! Went over to my OHs house and he literally shoved a square of chocolate in my face and said to have some as I had been so good, I resisted.. Sat down then to watch TV and he decided to make a massive bowl of popcorn for two, but I refused knowing if I started I wouldnt stop. FINALLY the OHs dad came in and offered my a mini magnum, again I somehow mustered the will power to say no! I don't think I've ever had so many nice things offered to me in one day, it was tough, and annoying, because I would have loved every bit of everything I was offered! But the way I see it is, its only gonna get worse the closer to Christmas it gets so I might as well try my best to be good now, while i can! Rant over, sorry!

Thanks for the recipe ccseli, it looks delish, and congrats on the great news, its a great achievement!

Well done everyone else on your losses, its great to get them before Christmas!

Its only day 2 of my new week and I can already feel that this is gonna be a tough week! Yesterday, came home and my mother decided to crack open a lovely tin of quality street and place them in a santa basket in the kitchen on full show, was VERY tempted when I can in from work but resisted. Then today in work I was offered celebrations twice during the course of the day for someones birthday AND there were a tin of heroes offered around aswell as a plate of chocolate biscuits, to make it harder, I was the first in so I could have had my pick of either without looking like a pig, but again, I just about managed to resist.. THEN! Went over to my OHs house and he literally shoved a square of chocolate in my face and said to have some as I had been so good, I resisted.. Sat down then to watch TV and he decided to make a massive bowl of popcorn for two, but I refused knowing if I started I wouldnt stop. FINALLY the OHs dad came in and offered my a mini magnum, again I somehow mustered the will power to say no! I don't think I've ever had so many nice things offered to me in one day, it was tough, and annoying, because I would have loved every bit of everything I was offered! But the way I see it is, its only gonna get worse the closer to Christmas it gets so I might as well try my best to be good now, while i can! Rant over, sorry!

Thanks for the recipe ccseli, it looks delish, and congrats on the great news, its a great achievement!

Well done on holding out! I don't think I'd have managed that! I know what you mean about it getting harder as it gets nearer to Christmas. I was at Florence tonight and we went for dinner beforehand. I have to say I was proud of myself for getting the salad!

I'm in full WW mode since my meeting last night. Only problem is I'm like a rabbit hopping on and off the scales. Its the fear of not having a loss at my first WI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Taz, you have some serious will power. Care to send some of it this way ;) Well done :)

Im not in the mindframe for this at all. Made soup on tuesday but it is god awful (if anyone has the recipe for butternut squash and sage that was in one of the magazines do not try it) and now I am all over the place with lunches. Was planning on buying soup today but already feel like I will get a sambo instead. I am just so hungry. Its not even that i want chocolate/crisps etc - but its bread I am craving. Which I know is just as bad.

Making Hairy dieters chicken korma tonight and going to have it with a small portion of rice. I have all the ingredients for it and not making anything else or having any treats after!

Gonna try go for a run too if the OH is working - my stepper is hidden away under the xmas tree for some reason (bad planning) but i feel like I can get back into running after my tag match last night. I did nothing but run for the whole match and felt awesome for it. We didnt win but I felt so good that it has spurred me on to up the exercise. Have kettlebells in work in the morning too and gonna try run over the weekend too.

Monife wrote: »

Taz, you have some serious will power. Care to send some of it this way ;) Well done :)

I would love some as well! Hope unislim is going well. You shouldn't be afraid to post your results as you have been a long time poster on this thread! I personally would love to know how you're getting on :)

I would love some as well! Hope unislim is going well. You shouldn't be afraid to post your results as you have been a long time poster on this thread! I personally would love to know how you're getting on :)

To the above comments, I had a teeny bit of chocolate cake today so don't think I'm all that great! One of the women from work is leaving so there was some cake to say adieu. What ever about being a chocolate fiend, my biggest weakness is cakes and other such baked goods, just couldnt say no!

Eabhabear are you referring to me about posting results and being on unislim? If so, I'm not doing unislim, i've decided to see the year out with WW!

To the above comments, I had a teeny bit of chocolate cake today so don't think I'm all that great! One of the women from work is leaving so there was some cake to say adieu. What ever about being a chocolate fiend, my biggest weakness is cakes and other such baked goods, just couldnt say no!

Eabhabear are you referring to me about posting results and being on unislim? If so, I'm not doing unislim, i've decided to see the year out with WW!

Think eabhabear meant for Monife to keep us informed of how she's getting on in unislim...

ck83 wrote: »
    Think eabhabear meant for Monife to keep us informed of how she's getting on in unislim...

Ah okay, well then nevermind!

• Advertisement

Sorry meant Monife :) She was a long time poster here but decided to switch to Unislim to shake things up a bit.

Over the course of 2 days though you did really well. If you think about it, it could have been a handful of sweets, popcorn and the cake. At least its only the cake and to be honest that's what making WW adjust into your life is about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

today is gonna be a strugle, my 4 yr old has been up since 5 (therefore i have been up since 5) with a cough, hes not going into school so its just the two of us and i ALWAYS stress eat when someone i love is sick, so today is gonna be a strugle

It went well for a couple of weeks. Lost about 8lb in 2 weeks and since then I have taken a flying cartwheel off the wagon. I am the person who turns one bad choice/day into a bad week/month! So, I am ashamed to say I have gained a stone in 2 months. I have decided to go back to WW classes in January if I have a job by then.

I am being let go next Friday so I suppose that is part of the reason I have gained so much weight, stress eating. Have had a good few interviews but nothing is secured yet.

Always lurking seeing how everyone is getting on even though I am failing miserably...

It went well for a couple of weeks. Lost about 8lb in 2 weeks and since then I have taken a flying cartwheel off the wagon. I am the person who turns one bad choice/day into a bad week/month! So, I am ashamed to say I have gained a stone in 2 months. I have decided to go back to WW classes in January if I have a job by then.

I am being let go next Friday so I suppose that is part of the reason I have gained so much weight, stress eating. Have had a good few interviews but nothing is secured yet.

Always lurking seeing how everyone is getting on even though I am failing miserably...

Sorry to hear about the job. Hopefully something will come your way soon. I can relate to the turning a bad day into a bad month and putting back on a stone and a half. Hopefully you can go back as it wasn't until I went back that I realised how much I need it. It's difficult so close to Christmas but maybe you could even try just eating healthily. It might help put you in a positive mind frame. You'll always have support here if need be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Happy Friday all!

I lost 4lbs this week with 5/2 and WW and spinning. Variety is the spice of life they say. I am absolutely over the moon with the loss and if I do the same or even 3lbs next week, that's 1/2 a stone for Christmas.

Does anyone know when I should drop another point? I am on 28 at the mo, 5"5 height and 11'10 stone. I tried the calculator but it told me 29! So I don't think thats right. I don't want to lose a point but I want to continue losing now that I am finally back on track.

Like others, I am going to seriously plan for christmas and just give myself a few days off. I will be working the Monday and Friday of Christmas week and NY eve so that will help keep me structured. It's my birthday next week but I think I will either have a big lunch or a big dinner and avoid the pigout I usually have as I am sure there will be christmas drinks.

Hope everyone has a good day despite the stinky weather. :)

Sorry to hear about the job. Hopefully something will come your way soon. I can relate to the turning a bad day into a bad month and putting back on a stone and a half. Hopefully you can go back as it wasn't until I went back that I realised how much I need it. It's difficult so close to Christmas but maybe you could even try just eating healthily. It might help put you in a positive mind frame. You'll always have support here if need be :)

Thanks. Am trying my best not to go completely back to my old ways but my lack of will power and all the nights out planned between now and Christmas does not help.

Hopefully I will be on here in January full of motivation and positivity :)

its never too late to start again, i fell off the wagon in may when i had a car crash, i was feeling so sorry for myself and on so many tablets (i had to eat with all of them so that was a nice little excuse)

in auglust i weighed myself and discoved that i weighed the exact same as i did in aug the year before so that gave me a little bit of motivation, but i wasnt losing fast enough so i decided that the tablets that i was on must have been stopping me losing weight between aug and november i put on another stone, (thats 2and a half since may) so i went to my doctor and asked her to change the tablets, she told me it couldnt be the tablets and asked what i was eating, straight off the top of my head i gave her a full list of 3 healthy meals and 2-3 snacks a day so she agreeded if i was eating that but not losing there must be something wrong and she took a blood test

as i walked out of the doctors office i realised that i had lied to her, i was telling myself that i was eating healty but i knew i wasnt, i wasnt eating what i told her i was,

i spent the next week watching the way i was eating (without changing anything) and i realised that if i could make up a healty dietry eating plan in front of my doctor i SHOULD be able to eat healthy, i spent the next two weeks on the diet i told my doc i was on and then i downloaded myfitnesspal back onto my phone and ive been tracking for the last week or so. i lost 7lbs in the last 3 weeks (well actually in the first 2 but the scales hasnt moved this week still 7 in 3weeks is amazing so im not complaining)

i have to keep reminding myself how far ive come since may 2010 when i joined weight watchers, yes its been a hard journey, yes i still have a long way to go im not even half way there yet, but the 54lbs that ive lost since may 2010 has stayed off and even if i havent lost in the last year i havent gained it all back, ill only have failed if i go back over 18st 13 and a half pounds, and ill only go back there if i quit,

dont get disheartned monife, even if youve gained some of it back as long as you dont quit your doing well,

one small piece of advice, dont eat a million last suppers over chrsitmas knowing that after christmas you cant have the stuff cause youll be on weight watchers as anyone can easily gain 7-10lbs between now and when the classes start back, remember that on weight watchers you can eat anything you want, also once you reach your goal weight all that food will still be there and you can have it then

Great inspirational post, layviae :) Thank you.

I already feel like such a failure. I started in November 2010 at 18 stone 3lb. Lost 50lbs in about 8 months, then I got married in August 2011 and it all went downhill from there. I was able to keep my weight stable, gained a little back but was around 15 stone 3lb for a year, ups and downs. But when we moved house at the start of August, something just changed in me and I went back to my old ways. Convenience food, full fat crisps and choc, cashew nuts, alcohol 3-4 times a week and I just cannot seem to snap out of this mood at all.

I had 2 good weeks with Unislim, but then I had a bad day, made bad choices, and I have turned that bad day into 2 bad months!!! On my own scales, I am now 16 stone 3lb. So depressing, I told myself I would never see the 16's, 17's or 18's again. So annoyed with myself that I have wasted the last 16 months (weight loss wise) and have actually gained weight.

Definitely not going to have a million last suppers, going to have a bit of what I fancy but keep an eye on it. Won't start tracking until I start back at class though. Going to pretend I lost my card so I have a brand new card and a fresh start, so it doesn't depress me losing weight I have already lost and being a stone and a half (or more) til my next silver seven :)

CavanGal wrote: »
    Happy Friday all!

I lost 4lbs this week with 5/2 and WW and spinning. Variety is the spice of life they say.

Like others, I am going to seriously plan for christmas and just give myself a few days off. I will be working the Monday and Friday of Christmas week and NY eve so that will help keep me structured. )

Well done that's a great result! I'm definitely going to give it a try next week.
    I'm taking Christmas Day, Stephens Day and New Years Eve off. My meeting is a Tuesday so I have to see if I'll go to another class New Years week.

Layviae you're spot on when you say its about being honest with what we eat. Your results so what happens when we stick to the plan!

• Advertisement

Definitely not going to have a million last suppers, going to have a bit of what I fancy but keep an eye on it. Won't start tracking until I start back at class though. Going to pretend I lost my card so I have a brand new card and a fresh start, so it doesn't depress me losing weight I have already lost and being a stone and a half (or more) til my next silver seven :)

i have 3 differet ww cards so i know the feeling. you seem to know exactly where your going wrong, im really looking forward to you coming back in january, im more of an ocassional poster but regular lurker but you and lady lainey were half the reason i was able to lose all that weight, you and me both have similar stats and we were getting to our 50lbs around the same time i just found you so inspriantional.

i have actually been suprisinly good today considering i felt it would be a difficult one. i found it difficult when my little one asked me to make him cheese scones and i realised i have all the ingrediants to make them in my kitchen, anyway i made eight small scones and had one and made him count the other 7 and told them they were his (hes a pretty clever 4yr old he'd know if one was missing.. hes eaten 5 so far)

after i had the scone i made the decision to fill in my tracker for the day and just stick to that... ive been pretty good apart from the small bits of crumbs that come from his plate every time he asked me to butter another scone. but im pretty proud of myself

its so nice to see everyone still hear especailly on a the second last friday before christmas, i love getting to know everyone thats posting since i was last here and i love all the blogs especailly the recepie ones.

cavangirl your results are amazing i totally wouldnt have the willpower to do 2/5 but wow

eabhabear i love your words of encouragement your so suportive of everyone

ccseli i love your blog its brilliant i really really love all the blogs

ive just had dinner (i know its 5.05 but my little one eats early) and ive just discovered nandos peri peri chip shake its 2pp for the whole tube of spice mix and i put a little on my prawns and chips and omg they were delicious plus because im quite sensitive to spice so i feel all warm and very satasfied. im gonna experiment with it in a few recepies in soups on chicken and on wedges and ill let you all know how it goes

Advertisement