Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

layviae wrote: »
    i have 3 differet ww cards so i know the feeling. you seem to know exactly where your going wrong, im really looking forward to you coming back in january, im more of an ocassional poster but regular lurker but you and lady laineywere half the reason i was able to lose all that weight, you and me both have similar stats and we were getting to our 50lbs around the same time i just found you so inspriantional.

I completely agree with this. Its noticeable that they're don't really post on the thread anymore :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I completely agree with this. Its noticeable that they're don't really post on the thread anymore :)

I still talk to Elaine (Lady Lainy) on Facebook from time to time. She is in a similar situation to me. Next time I am talking to her, I will try and motivate her to get back on the wagon with me and hopefully we will be posting regularly in the new year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭galwayhooker

Does anybody know how many pp in chicken sweet chilli wrap from Eddie rockets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Does anybody know how many pp in chicken sweet chilli wrap from Eddie rockets?

there was a download going round (think i got it from this tread mk1 or mk2) about a year ago where it gave the nutritional info of eddie rockets but i cant find it now. its also not on there site anymore aswell. skinny girls blog has some of the stuff pointed but not the sweet chilli wrap.

Monife wrote: »

I still talk to Elaine (Lady Lainy) on Facebook from time to time. She is in a similar situation to me. Next time I am talking to her, I will try and motivate her to get back on the wagon with me and hopefully we will be posting regularly in the new year :)

i would love when she comes back, her wrap quiche is still one of my favourite lunchs. also my sister recently mentioned to me that shes eating 'these bran muffins that i found on the boards ww tread' as shes trying to lose pregnancy weight and it made me think that even when were done and gone our words and advice and recepies still live on, i loved watching your journeys as the 3 of us seem to be about the same age (im 25) and all have massive difficulity losing weight it just feels so supportive,

im still trying to catch up in all ive missed in the rest of mk2 and mk3 and getting to know everyone

i have had the worst 3 days with my little one being sick, ive barely slept and when my other half came in last night and asked whats for dinner, the look on my face said it all, i felt like a zombie so we ended up getting take away, i had a quarter pounder, chips, a star bar, and that massive bag of walkers sensations that i had been saving for christmas.

still its done now and today is a new day and im back to eating healty, my little one slept for ages last night and seems ok, not amazing but getting there, its only a few more days till christmas eve and if i hold out that long ill be so proud of myself, so today im back on the wagon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Hey everyone it's great to see so many people still around this close to christmas have really fallen off the wagon the last week but I'm going to get back in the game now still a week to go. Was out at my Christmas party on Friday night joined weight watchers in march size 18 and on friday wore a fab new dress size 12 that I had to have taken in it really is true nothing will ever taste as good as being thin feels Happy Christmas everyone hope its a good one

Hey everyone it's great to see so many people still around this close to christmas have really fallen off the wagon the last week but I'm going to get back in the game now still a week to go. Was out at my Christmas party on Friday night joined weight watchers in march size 18 and on friday wore a fab new dress size 12 that I had to have taken in it really is true nothing will ever taste as good as being thin feels Happy Christmas everyone hope its a good one

wow tryagain thats amazing, if you dont mind me asking how much did you have to lose between now and march to go down to a 12? i've lost 54lbs but ive never really wore any bigger than a 20 and im still not fully confortable in 18s (in jeans im massive from my middle down but i get away with 16s in dresses as im tiny on top) just yet, i can see a big difference and even in the last 3 weeks i can see me fitting better in my clothes but ive never experinced buying a smaller size since ive started on this journey.

around staying on track its what 9 days till christmas? i know i can stick at this for 8 or 9 days then i'll have a lovely christmas and be back on track by the 28th without (hopefully) starting january with another 7lbs on what i have on

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I love seeing new posts over the weekend as it helps keep me motivated over my hardest part of the week! So... As great as my willpower was towards all the goodies offered to me during the week I finally caved a little bit on Friday. There was a Christmas Craft Fair going on, that was grand, managed to stick to my banana in the morning despite a table of home made goods, and then some of my 0pp soup at 12.. But then a tray of leftoever stuff that wasn't sold was offered to some of us and of course, my weakness being baked goods, I couldn't resist a tart! and a half.... Was so annoyed with myself but managed not to turn that moment of weakness into a bad day, still wnt to the gym as normal but didnt let myself eat anything until that night, as I decided to take the tart out of my dailies. Yesterday then made a brief visit to the gym and somehow ended up having 15pp left so indulged in some home made popcorn last night with the OH (this was my dinner!). Going to the cinema with a group of friends today and they wanna stop into a burrito place on the way. Even though I'd probably have enough points to account it into my dailies nor having touched my weeklies I still wanna do the best I can for a good loss on the scales tomorrow before Christmas, and wanna try do without.... We'll see how that goes anyway. Enjoy your Sunday everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

wow tryagain thats amazing, if you dont mind me asking how much did you have to lose between now and march to go down to a 12? i've lost 54lbs but ive never really wore any bigger than a 20 and im still not fully confortable in 18s (in jeans im massive from my middle down but i get away with 16s in dresses as im tiny on top) just yet, i can see a big difference and even in the last 3 weeks i can see me fitting better in my clothes but ive never experinced buying a smaller size since ive started on this

I was 13 4 and a half when I started and am now 9 10 and a half so that is 50 lbs (i think) suppose we are all different body shapes but u are doing amazing and I bet you feel so much better and that's more important than any number on your clothes

Monife wrote: »

It would be great to have her back here. We've all been there but the important thing is starting again. Its better to be on a plan (any plan whatever you may choose), than to be eating unhealthy.
    i have had the worst 3 days with my little one being sick, ive barely slept and when my other half came in last night and asked whats for dinner, the look on my face said it all, i felt like a zombie so we ended up getting take away, i had a quarter pounder, chips, a star bar, and that massive bag of walkers sensations that i had been saving for christmas.

still its done now and today is a new day and im back to eating healty, my little one slept for ages last night and seems ok, not amazing but getting there, its only a few more days till christmas eve and if i hold out that long ill be so proud of myself, so today im back on the wagon

We can all have bad days like that but the important thing is to not let it turn into a bad week. Don't get into the habit of saying the weekend ruins may as well wait until Monday. Get back on track now! Hope your little one is feeling better :)

I've been ok so far. I feel like I've been out for dinner more times this week than in my entire life :rolleyes: I got the salad, sauce on the side, everytime so a bit sick of salads. The scales are looking good for my first WI on Tuesday. Definitely going back to meetings was a good decision for me. I need to fear of the WI! I did out a rough meal plan for everyday up until Friday 28th. Obviously its bound to change but I feel like it'll help me stay on track.

• Advertisement

Made the sweet tomato soup from the weight watchers recipe, its 1pp per serving and really tasty. I didnt garnish with yogurt though so would that make it 0pp or does passata cost ya points, anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sandrab28

I have just made the most awful mistake!! I reached minus 2 stone yesterday after 12 tough weeks (and huge thanks to all the support and info on this forum). I still have another 2-ish to go, but was feeling very confident about dealing with the next 2 weeks over Christmas. I planned points for a Chinese takeaway this evening (1st one since the summer), and for some reason - lapse of concentration or more likely total stupidity, misread the pp allowance for crispy duck and pancakes - I thought it was 9 per portion (1/4 duck) but it is actually 9 per filled pancake - and I had 6 of the stupid things!!!!! I feel so stupid, and really upset I have wasted so many points on nothing, when 1 pancake would have been more than sufficient.
    A giant step backwards and a lesson to be learned never to let my guard down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Sandrab28 don't beat yourself up too much, you might find it doesn't impact too much on the scales, one trip up in 12 weeks is to be expected really..
    But a 2 stone loss in that time is amazing!
    I lost 12 pounds in about the same time, but i put up 1 lb last week and now 2 1/2 this week, am so annoyed with myself, need a good kick up the arse!

I decided to try and be good this week, I made my soup for lunch, so will have that with crackerbread, I've already eaten all the chocolate in the house so am not buying anymore!!!!!! God please nobody else gives us a tin of roses, i seriously can't resist.

anyway, with a bit of effort i hope to lose even a lb before Christmas and then it'll be full steam ahead in the new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi all,
    Great to see so much activity on here !

layviae - those wrap quiches sound interesting, would you mind sharing the receipe?

tryagain - WOW! What a great feeling that must have been wearing the size 12. I presume you've dumped all your bigger clothes?

Taz1 - what WW book was that sweet tomoato soup in? Sounds delish.

sandrab28 - I totally agree with Lormuz, don't beat yourself up over it. You've done so unbelieveably well so far.

I'm rather happy with myself ! Down to 11.5...so happy!! Defo noticing that avoiding bread is a big factor for me. I'm a fiend for bread so really have to avoid like the plague. Any week that I've had a good weight loss is down to the absence of bread.

My plan for the next two weeks - stay good today until Friday. Big family day out on Sat so want to treat myself to that. Walk everyday. If I do my walks early in the mornings I can enjoy the day. Otherwise I find I put off the walk and don't end up going (like yesterday.)

I'm going away in 12 days on a superb holiday, cannot wait. I need to work hard now, stay focused and keep the target in sight - looking good by the pool :)

We'll all be looking fab for Christmas!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I had a bad weekend after my big loss last week. I was out for a meal Friday, I tried to be good by having no dessert but I made up for it with copious amounts of wine :(

Saturday was ok except for a cookie when I met my friends for tea. But Sunday was awful! I went shopping with my sisters and had a lasagne and chips for lunch and then let my younger sister buy me some M&S cookies - divine! Then my boyfriend got a chipper and didnt finish his chips so of course, I did!

I am on my 500 cal day today and whenever my belly grumbles, I just think I deserve this coz I went overboard at the weekend. I have a mandarine that I am saving for a treat later! Haha how crazy! There are also sandwiches left out for us here at work and I want to devour the entire tray! We are being brought out for lunch tomorrow though so I am restraining myself until then.

Question:- firstly, I have veg soup when I am on my 500 days for around 60 cals but if I keep eating it, I will get bored. Does anyone have any equally low cal suggestions?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

Hi all, just starting out on weight watchers after years of faffing and yo yo'ing. Im currently 13 stone and want to drop to 10 initially. Im very hesitant so far and find some of the points assignments to some foods weird as a scientist. Im having trouble with assigning points with some foods and meals too. I guess its a wait and see thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I can't stop eating. I haven't stopped all weekend. I will eat anything put in front of me and then go look for more. I just had dinner, a simply fuller longer chilli, then a slice of toast with peanut butter and jam and then a massive bowl of coco pops. I feel ill, but I know I could eat more. In fact I'm thinking of the treat cupboard..... Weigh in will not be fun tomorrow but I am going to make myself go. Why do I do this.

Damn, was up a pesky half pound this week.. Was hoping I'd lose so that I could have a cushion for the weekend as I've a Christmas dinner followed by drinks :confused: Gonna try not do what I did last time I gained however, and not let such a small gain ruin my week, gotta be as good as I can, have even made a pact with my sister that we'd weigh each other this time next week (Christmas Eve!) so that we dont have an excuse to go crazy this week!

Oh, and FlowerPower, that recipe is on the irish WW website!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I can't stop eating. I haven't stopped all weekend. I will eat anything put in front of me and then go look for more. I just had dinner, a simply fuller longer chilli, then a slice of toast with peanut butter and jam and then a massive bowl of coco pops. I feel ill, but I know I could eat more. In fact I'm thinking of the treat cupboard..... Weigh in will not be fun tomorrow but I am going to make myself go. Why do I do this.

Snap... I have had two Xmas dinners this week, and have had the "hung for a sheep as a lamb attitude". Gggrrrr. Two more weeks til my 2013 fresh start... That is not an excuse to go crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sandrab28

Guys, you are all amazing. Lormuz - I am with you on those stupid tins of roses!!

Thank you all for keeping me going. I seldom post, but read everything avidly and appreciate the advice and all the useful information and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas xxx

• Advertisement

ck83 wrote: »
    Snap... I have had two Xmas dinners this week, and have had the "hung for a sheep as a lamb attitude". Gggrrrr. Two more weeks til my 2013 fresh start... That is not an excuse to go crazy!

I've a Christmas dinner this week which I really wish I hadnt! But am trying so hard not to tell myself ah aure I'll start again in the new year, my plan is to be as good as I can right up to Christmas Eve and the other days after that where I can! I do not want to be fighting off a massive bunch of pounds in the new year... :(

Taz1 wrote: »

I've a Christmas dinner this week which I really wish I hadnt! But am trying so hard not to tell myself ah aure I'll start again in the new year, my plan is to be as good as I can right up to Christmas Eve and the other days after that where I can! I do not want to be fighting off a massive bunch of pounds in the new year... :(

You're exactly right! It's still 2 weeks to the new year and that can be a lot of damage. You'll feel a whole lot better for it after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Down 1lb today so that 1 stone 10.5lb. Since September hope Xmas won't be too hard ! All the yummy things! Best of luck everyone over Xmas and will be joining ye in the new year for more losses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Just weighed in and had a miracle STS. Totally did not expect it. Only thing that may have saved me was I did more exercise this week, walking round the shops for Xmas shopping, really tough game of tag rugby and the toughest keytlebells session I've ever done, must have been my saving grace!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AKS1991

So didn't reach my Christmas target, not surprisingly! What with studying and exams this week, all-nighters every other night, and zero will power, I had a pretty disgusting gain actually. A small bit of that is due to TOTM but most is completely my own fault! Back on track today finally, porridge and fruit for brekkie, veg soup and wholemeal pasta for lunch, lovely stir-fry for dinner! Have to be very good until Friday, but then there will be end-of-exam celebrations, 12 pubs the next night, and then whatever disasters Christmas brings!! I wouldn't mind a small gain, but I'm terrified of undoing all my work! :/

On a brighter note, really lovely meeting this eve, our leader is just great....brought in loads of goodies for us, and her homemade WW friendly mince-pies! I'm starting an 8 month internship after Christmas and don't know what my hours will be but I really hope I can still make the same meeting!!

Fair play to everyone who's managed losses this week, it's not easy! Very encouraging! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Just had my final weigh in of the year... Stayed the same thank god, as ww seemed to have gone out the window the past week...! Didn't stay for the meeting though,but came home and changed and went for a walk instead:D so I'm pretty happy out ;)

AKS1991 wrote: »
    So didn't reach my Christmas target, not surprisingly! What with studying and exams this week, all-nighters every other night, and zero will power, I had a pretty disgusting gain actually. A small bit of that is due to TOTM but most is completely my own fault! Back on track today finally, porridge and fruit for brekkie, veg soup and wholemeal pasta for lunch, lovely stir-fry for dinner! Have to be very good until Friday, but then there will be end-of-exam celebrations, 12 pubs the next night, and then whatever disasters Christmas brings!! I wouldn't mind a small gain, but I'm terrified of undoing all my work! :/

Fair play to everyone who's managed losses this week, it's not easy! Very encouraging! :)

I'm the exact same this weekend, Christmas dinner followed by cocktails and other alcoholic beverages, my only hope is that we end up going somewhere where I can dance my ass off! Then I'm contemplating doing a 12 pubs on Sunday. I really don't want WW to put me off such fun occasions but at the same time, I don't wanna do loads of damage as Christmas is a long period of time! :(

Could anyone recommend any really good toning exercises for the core, I need to get to work on this tummy, if not now, after Christmas!

Found it very hard to resist home made mince pies, home made scones and a tin of roses in work today, I did though... There is just food everywhere, its so hard!!!

I was down 4lbs at my 1st WI! Absolutely delighted as I was really nervous about it. Our leader asked us how we would like to our first WI after Christmas to go. I'm aiming to get my 1st silver seven. As our class is a Tuesday it won't be until the 8th so it gives me 3 weeks to lose the 3lbs!

I just realised something, while I was down 4lbs this week, I think it only registered as 3.5lbs. My rejoining weight was 0.5lb up on my original starting weight. So does this mean that my original weight is the base weight? Like if I'm calculating my silver seven I actually have 3.5lbs to lose rather than just the 3 I thought? Sorry if that seems really confusing. I'm a bit confused! As I haven't been in about a year and half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I was down 4lbs at my 1st WI! Absolutely delighted as I was really nervous about it. Our leader asked us how we would like to our first WI after Christmas to go. I'm aiming to get my 1st silver seven. As our class is a Tuesday it won't be until the 8th so it gives me 3 weeks to lose the 3lbs!

I just realised something, while I was down 4lbs this week, I think it only registered as 3.5lbs. My rejoining weight was 0.5lb up on my original starting weight. So does this mean that my original weight is the base weight? Like if I'm calculating my silver seven I actually have 3.5lbs to lose rather than just the 3 I thought? Sorry if that seems really confusing. I'm a bit confused! As I haven't been in about a year and half.

I would have thought it would go by whatever weight you were when you last weighed in... Do you remember what that was?
    But yes- your original weight will be the benchmark from which your silver sevens and stones will be awarded. I don't think you get them a second time though- eg- if you joined before at 12 stone and lost a half stone for your silver seven, and then fell off the wagon and rejoined and were 12 stone again, you'd get no sticker when you hit 11.5stone, but you'll get a stone when you hit 11stone.
    Does that make sense? It probably would have been more straightforward if you'd rejoined as a new member, and just gotten a new card!

• Advertisement

ck83 wrote: »
    I would have thought it would go by whatever weight you were when you last weighed in... Do you remember what that was?
    But yes- your original weight will be the benchmark from which your silver sevens and stones will be awarded. I don't think you get them a second time though- eg- if you joined before at 12 stone and lost a half stone for your silver seven, and then fell off the wagon and rejoined and were 12 stone again, you'd get no sticker when you hit 11.5stone, but you'll get a stone when you hit 11stone.
    Does that make sense? It probably would have been more straightforward if you'd rejoined as a new member, and just gotten a new card!

Thanks for your reply, yeah that makes sense. If I'd known that I would have just gotten a new card. It means I have to lose nearly 2 stone before I start to get any silver sevens etc. I know some people think they're trivial but I think they're a key part of going to meetings, they keep you motivated.

My original weight was 13st 8.5lbs. I was about 11st 13lbs at my last WI. Last week I weighed in at 13st 9lbs. It had me up 0.5lb. This week it had me down 4lbs but only 3.5lbs altogether. I should have asked my leader but it only clicked with me when I went to record my loss when I got home. I think I might come up with little ways to treat myself as I get to the milestones!

Advertisement