Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Eabhabear wrote: »

Thanks for your reply, yeah that makes sense. If I'd known that I would have just gotten a new card. It means I have to lose nearly 2 stone before I start to get any silver sevens etc. I know some people think they're trivial but I think they're a key part of going to meetings, they keep you motivated.

My original weight was 13st 8.5lbs. I was about 11st 13lbs at my last WI. Last week I weighed in at 13st 9lbs. It had me up 0.5lb. This week it had me down 4lbs but only 3.5lbs altogether. I should have asked my leader but it only clicked with me when I went to record my loss when I got home. I think I might come up with little ways to treat myself as I get to the milestones!

Maybe if you explain how important they are she'll give them to you! I don't think they're trivial at all. I used to love my little rewards... It's a loooong time since I got one though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Eabhabear wrote: »

Thanks for your reply, yeah that makes sense. If I'd known that I would have just gotten a new card. It means I have to lose nearly 2 stone before I start to get any silver sevens etc. I know some people think they're trivial but I think they're a key part of going to meetings, they keep you motivated.

My original weight was 13st 8.5lbs. I was about 11st 13lbs at my last WI. Last week I weighed in at 13st 9lbs. It had me up 0.5lb. This week it had me down 4lbs but only 3.5lbs altogether. I should have asked my leader but it only clicked with me when I went to record my loss when I got home. I think I might come up with little ways to treat myself as I get to the milestones!

They will give you your 7s and stones again, but it will be recorded from your original start weight, not the weight you were last week. So you will have to lose 7.5 to your first 7 and so on.

My mum is a gold member with a gold card who rejoined after being away 2 years and she is up above her goal weight. So she pays again until she is back down but she has been given 7's and stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rawwrrrr

Hi guys! Redoing ww again, started today! Have a quick q- I'll be working as a waitress over Christmas (just a new seasonal job), and I'll be doing 35 hours a week. Should I count this in activity? Really scared of not losing as much weight as I could have, etc! I'm starting the job on Monday and really confused. Any help welcomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

rawwrrrr wrote: »
    Hi guys! Redoing ww again, started today! Have a quick q- I'll be working as a waitress over Christmas (just a new seasonal job), and I'll be doing 35 hours a week. Should I count this in activity? Really scared of not losing as much weight as I could have, etc! I'm starting the job on Monday and really confused. Any help welcomed!

I wouldn't, to me activity should be actual excercise, where you are out of breadth and losing calories.

But to be honest I never eat any activity points i generate anyway, I would stick to my PP and 49 extras and find that enough - any excersie is then a bonus.

Missed my WI this AM, because of a bout of the vomiting bug. Not fun guys!! At least it gets me away from the sweets in work for the next couple of days though!! Every cloud eh??
    Well done on the weight ins so far, and good luck with the rest of them!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I definitely wouldn't. I was a waitress for 6 years and I never counted it. You wouldn't really be burning that many calories at all. Another tip is stay away from the food. It's so easy to pick when you're a waitress and you get offered left overs at the end of the night. If you say no from day 1 you won't fall into that trap!

ck83 wrote: »
    Missed my WI this AM, because of a bout of the vomiting bug. Not fun guys!! At least it gets me away from the sweets in work for the next couple of days though!! Every cloud eh??
    Well done on the weight ins so far, and good luck with the rest of them!!

Hope you feel better :)

I do! Was tempted to get dressed and go to the 5.30pm weigh in... Would have been nice to see a loss, however false, to give me a pre Christmas boost! Decided the other weight watchers might not appreciate me spreading germs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hi all and happy Christmas, time of endless boxes of roses and hours of mindnumbing telly! I'm actually really chuffed tonight. Like cc above I'd the vomiting bug last week and lost three pounds!! I was worried tonight that I'd be up because of my body hanging onto nutrients and maybe gaining as a result. Plus I was up visiting my sister in the north at the weekend and didn't track and had two slices of pizza ;-). But!!!!! I was down a pound tonight!! Bringing my total weight loss to date to 16.5lbs and 2.5lbs past my Christmas goal ;-). Also reached goal, but I'm keeping going for another stone approximately. Treating myself to a haircut and manicure on Friday to celebrate my mini goal

I will say that the vomiting bug, despite the loss, is decidedly not the way to lose weight. The most unpleasant, nasty three days, I wouldn't wish it on anyone :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Was down 1.5 today, which got me to my goal weight!! YAY! Lovely early xmas present, lets see how much that changes though when I go back after the holidays!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

sunrise91 wrote: »
    Was down 1.5 today, which got me to my goal weight!! YAY! Lovely early xmas present, lets see how much that changes though when I go back after the holidays!

Lucky you, i'm very jealous, I'd have loved a loss this week! Trying to be really good this week as myself and my sister are still going to weigh ourselves next week (Christmas Eve!) but I've a dinner and drinks and possibly 12 pubs this weekend so a loss will be highly unlikely unfortunately... :cool: Gyming it every day this week until Friday to try help myself a little bit.

ccseli wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all ready for Christmas next week. Im getting there, ish. Ive just blogged a post on the best value propoints wise selection boxes some some biscuits because they are floating everywhere at the moment. I hope you all have a great week and great wi before Christmas. http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/12/a-weightwatchers-selection-of-selection.html

Small snowman selection box!!! I am very excited to see how low this is, I'm pure getting myself one of these for the big day ;-). Thanks for posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

flowerpower- heres the recepie for the quiche tesco light choices wrap 5pp

150ml skimmed milk 1pp
    1egg 2pp
    1 egg white 0pp
    40g superquinn half fat cheese 2pp(bargain)
    16cherry tomatoes halved
    onion as much is desired
    20cm quiche dish

place wrap in dish pinching it in round the edges
    cover with half the cheese, lay the tomatoes and onions on top and cover with remaining cheese.
    whisk egg, egg white and skimmed milk together and pour over quiche
    place in preheated oven 200degrees for 40mins

i went MIA for the last few days i havent slept properly in nearly a week and when im tired i dont make good choices,

Gave the pasta with tomato pesto from the ww site a try this evening, it was yummy!! I could have eaten nearly double the amount of pasta though as its not a massive portion per serving, but you could bulk it up a bit with some salad on the side! Also made a yummy vegetable soup (without potatoes) for 1 pp per serving. I was feeling quite ill with hunger and tiredness earlier but it actually made me feel so much better, it was very satisfying! More cupcakes/cakes/biscuits brought into work today, managed to resist, kind of! I'm dreading to think what'll be there tomorrow for our last day! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi All,
    STS last night. A MIRACLE!! Was delighted. I drank so much and ate an unreal amount.
    But thinking back I made wise choices - a goodfellas light pizza on Monday night with pineapple on top becuase I was craving cheese.
    Went for breakfast last Saturday too and ate scrambled eggs with salmon salon and avoided toast.
    Was in an Indian last Fri too and choose tandoori chicken and lay off the sauces.
    So I'm all about wise choices for Christmas!!
    Getting my hair done before a family (boozy) lunch tomorrow so must get out for a walk beforehand. Will do the same on Christmas Eve.

ccseli - thanks a mil, great value for that first selection box!!

Happy Friday everyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Hi all,
    Have been quiet as really busy and will be away for Christmas from tomorrow. Was down 0.8lbs this week. Not much but I have been out so much that it wouldn't have been possible without my fast days. Christmas party last night and not home til 5am and now in work somehow. Thank you Lord for coffee. My Christmas wish is to STS and then have a really good January. I just want to wish all the lovely and supportive weightwatchers on here a merry Christmas and no matter what happens over the hol we will be back on the wagon come 2nd January and 2013 will be the year we finally unleash the skinny minny inside us all ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

Had my first weigh in yeasterday on my first week of weight watchers, I lost no weight but gained nothing either so in essence stayed the same. Was a little gutted at the time but the first week thought me alot about my habits, i.e. my eating habits and excercise and has spured me on to do more excercise. I also realised that food wasnt my issue and that the weight that I carry is more down to the lack of excercise. I am now swimming 6 days out of the week and im hoping at the next weigh in after christmas things will be going in the right direction

Don't be disheartened it's not an easy time of year to join classes. Focus on limiting the damage over Christmas and decided whether you would like a loss, sts or gain at your first WI back in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Hey everyone hope everyone is doing well I have totally fallen off the wagon missed wi last week and just can't sort myself out and I was just 2.5lbs from goal but anyway that's ok cause January is a new month new year hoping to do some exercise this week and next b4 getting back to ww. Just want to say a very Happy Christmas to you all and thanks for all the support and here's to 2013 the year we all reach goal :) xxx

Well Christmas Dinner on Friday didn't go too bad! Roasted pepper soup for starter, roasted veg (plenty), roast potatoes (just one small one), potato gratin (one spoonful) and plain chicken breast with small bit of stuffing for main and merangue with rasberries and cream as dessert. I tried to control what I was eating with taking loads of veg and less of the 'bad' stuff, also kept well away from the bread rolls that were on the table.
    Drinks afterwards probably did most of the damage to be honest, had one small cocktail and about 7 vodka's and diet cokes! 1 slice of toast then when I got in, beats a chipper I suppose!

Hangover/tiredness yesterday was where I struggled, was craving crap food SO bad and it was all around me but managed to resist and remind myself that there'll be time for that on Christmas day! Oh, got some exercise in last night too, in the form of ice-skating! Still weighing ourselves tomorrow so tryna be best I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

Merry Christmas everyone, now who is starting back in the wagon today?

I can feel the damage around my middle but too afraid to weigh in so started with the weetabix and skimmed milk this morning and hope to get out for a short run later, going to be very good until New years day and will use weeklies for that, hope everyone is feeling positive and motivated..

Is it happy christmas or happy new year we should say now?! I'm always confused... ;0)

I hope everyone enjoyed the Christmas-I ate all round me, went absolutely ape altogether! I am trying to get back on track today, but its very hard with the cashel blue cheese and the carrs water biscuits outside tempting me... I did ok with my basic meals, but had far too many 'little treats' of crackers and cheese during the day. Didnt help that i was hungover after st. stephens day and would have eaten the let of the table. Cheese is nearly gone though, and I'm planning a big walk tomorrow to blow off the cobwebs to try to alleviate some of the damage...

Still, really enjoyed the roast potatoes and the stuffing and the roses on Christmas Day and avoided the chips on the way home last night... Small victories!!

Hope everyone had a fab Christmas! I am avoiding the scales at all cost. I can feel the damage done. My intent to be good was thrown away with the amount of alcohol drank followed by hungover food. I'm back in work today which makes it easier to be good. I have just under 2 weeks before my meeting so I'm going to work extra hard for a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rawwrrrr

ugh guys i went on the binge of all binges today, feeling disgusted at myself, cant even type it because im so ashamed, basically it entailed a lot of chocolate... a lot :( i may have miracously stayed within my weeklies but im guessig that using them all in one damn day wont be too good on the scales :(

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭galwayhooker

Hi!hope everyone had nice Xmas and back to normality again.Does anyone know when WW classes resume in new year again?I badly need to go :)

Someone get my head out of the nosebag. Thank God I'm working for the next three days. Have Tuesday to get it all out of my system them, and WI on wed.
    Hope everyone had a lovely Xmas!

Hi!hope everyone had nice Xmas and back to normality again.Does anyone know when WW classes resume in new year again?I badly need to go :)
    It depends what day you weigh in, and i imagine on your leader too. Mine is back on the second. If you weigh in on a mon or tue, it'll be the week of the seventh. Maybe there's some leaders who are taking all of next week off, regardless of the day!

Oh dear! What an absolutely lethal past few days I have had, literally eating anything and everything! In dangerous territory right now, I need to get back into WW frame of mind, went shopping today and couldn't bring myself to buy a dress (or any new clothes for that matter) as I felt about 10 stone heavier, not good, not good at all.... I've just finished up on the biscuits for the night and want to say that thats the last of it, back to the grindstone tomorrow and thats just it (the gym too, if its open). Its mad how guilty and crap I feel now when I eat and eat and eat! Hope everyone had a nice Christmas anyway, I'm hoping now I've got that big blowout out of my system!

i may have miracously stayed within my weeklies but im guessig that using them all in one damn day wont be too good on the scales :(

I'd avoid the scales for a few days. It'll balance out eventually but as long as you get back on track tomorrow you won't have done that much damage. Drinking lots of water can help in that situation.
    Taz1 wrote: »
    went shopping today and couldn't bring myself to buy a dress (or any new clothes for that matter) as I felt about 10 stone heavier, not good, not good at all....

I hear you on the clothes issues. I have loads of gorgeous tops but can't seem to find a black skirt anywhere that will fit me/suit me. What annoys me the most is that I used to have a nice one but threw it out when I initially lost the weight. Its the thing that gets me down the most having put back on the weight. All my lovely clothes are too tight on me :( I'm going shopping tomorrow but I'm torn between buying loads of clothes that will fit me now (including the holiday bloating!) and hoping that I won't need them in a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Hi everyone :) just wondering if anyone knows how many pps are in a chipper quarter pounder? And is anyone going to meetings in drogheda? If so when are they back open?

Advertisement