Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Havent been good at all over christmas. There is something on every day and since its been my TOTM throughout the season I am able to fit even more food in than normal. I was out for dinner last night and was terrified my gorgeous dress would be too tight on me but delighted that it still fits perfectly so maybe the damage hasnt been to bad. I did have the winter vomiting bug so maybe that was my saving grace (though I would rather not have had it, seriously have not felt so bad in a long long time).

I did also go for a run on Stephens day, and my sister got me kettlebells for xmas so have pulled them out a couple of times. And did an hour on my stepper today. So while food wise I still have a few more bumps in the road, getting on track exercise wise. Also doing food shopping today and its all healthy - cleaning out all the junk food! Posted a review of my years progress in photos on my blog and its definitely helped as a motivational tool!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Anyone have any tips for hungover days? I like to have a bottle of wine at the weekend but the next day im super hunger and eat everything!!! So just wondering what other people eat that's filling and is low in points? All I want is fatty food the next day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

I know WW always reduce the prices of their products in the likes of Dunnes, etc in the New Year - anyone have any idea of exactly when? Also, FYI, Aldi have loads of WW products from next Thursday............

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Yeah, so.... went to the gym, worked my butt off, bought a load of fruit, load of veg, made my soup, had soup and fruit, all going well, and caved again in the evening... Is anyone else finding it as difficult to get back into it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

Taz1 wrote: »
    Yeah, so.... went to the gym, worked my butt off, bought a load of fruit, load of veg, made my soup, had soup and fruit, all going well, and caved again in the evening... Is anyone else finding it as difficult to get back into it...?

Oh me too, I just can't get my head into the right state, I think my sub conscious is telling me to enjoy until the first meeting back after Christmas and a brand new year, so hard:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

I'm joining WW on wed/thurs not sure which date suits in bray yet cant wait hope to do Zumba also fresh start this new year. :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Can't stop eating. I'll have a stone on soon! Only small grace is I've kept up exercise! Don't think it's going to cancel out the million calories though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

deni86 wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips for hungover days? I like to have a bottle of wine at the weekend but the next day im super hunger and eat everything!!! So just wondering what other people eat that's filling and is low in points? All I want is fatty food the next day :(

This is my WORST time, I always want pizza or Chinese or super macs when I'm hungover! I find scrambled eggs really good, the protein hit is good and because I'm normal up late after a night out, I'll have them with three or four pp of toast too. It's about 10pp overall, which is a lot, but not too bad if it's for brunch and if you don't eat again until dinner. I don't eat meat, but my mate swears by the bacon medallions from Aldi, you could replace one slice of toast with those! Fresh squeezed oj and black coffee from the Nespresso and a diet coke and twelve pints of water also help... ;-)

I am having a DESPERATE few weeks-is it just me or is this the longest Christmas week in HISTORY? Work isn't open until Monday week, back to weigh in on 2nd, I feel like I'm in the habit now of eating all around me and I keep waking up every day full of resolve and then caving to cheese and crackers by about five. V v v v worried I've undone a significant amount of my hard work before Christmas :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Thank God I'm weighing in this coming wed, and not having to wait another full week. I'm having my third disastrous day in a row. I see it, I eat it. Every time I see a tin of quality street, I walk away leaving it a good bit lighter. I actually put some of them in my POCKETS today at work... As if the world is going to end tomorrow and ill never get another quality street again. I've definitely put on my vomiting bug pounds, and then some.
    I do, however feel much like I did this time last year... I've had enough, and ill be glad to start my healthy eating on Wed. I'm ready to throw myself into the program again. I just need to hop on that scales to get a bit of closure on Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Can't stop eating. I'll have a stone on soon! Only small grace is I've kept up exercise! Don't think it's going to cancel out the million calories though!!!

Ditto! I was really good Friday and the Saturday and Sunday went out the window. Alcohol and hungover binges were definitely the cause. Back on track today. I'm going to a house party tonight which I think will be easier to manage alcohol and I'm leaving points for nibbles. My next meeting isn't until next Tuesday so I'm going to work extra hard this week to get at least a STS!

Regarding the hangover issue, what I normally do is only have 2 main meals as I would sleep later so would only have brunch and dinner. One of these meals would be a treat meal like a low fat fry or chicken carbonara. Then my second meal would be a low point healthy meal and my remainder points would be for junk food. Not exactly the healthiest but I find that if you plan your hangover day in advanced then you can limit the damage, whereas if you plan to be good then you're more likely to blow it on pizza or chinese etc.

Hope everyone has a great night tonight and here's to a healthy and slimmer New Year :D

• Advertisement

Also I was just doing out some New Year goals as I find its good to set it out in print as it seems more realistic! My plan for 2013 is to get to my original lowest of 11st 12lbs. Then I would love to get to 11st and then finally into the 10's which will be my final goal. I don't care if it takes until this time next year but its time to stop faffing about and get serious once and for all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Happy new year to everyone hope it's a year we all get to goal :) I'm sure the road won't be straight but we will get there with support from here. I have 2lb on according to my scales I started off well and then just went to hell! Oh well it will come off :)

Happy new year to everyone hope it's a year we all get to goal :) I'm sure the road won't be straight but we will get there with support from here. I have 2lb on according to my scales I started off well and then just went to hell! Oh well it will come off :)

I wish my gain was just 2 pounds! But then I guess eating 3000 odd calories a day will do that! Here's to goal (returning to goal in my case! ) in 2013!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

I'm up a full stone. So much for my giving myself two days over Christmas. That turned into three weeks. Anyway I'm back. Was planning on having pordige for breakfast but it smelt like viniger till I realised the milk had gone off so I had dry coco pops. It was the only thing I could bear. Anyway gonna do s big shop today and fill in my tracker for the week and just stick to that. Hopefully I have a lot of fluid retention but as I haven't exercised in over a month I know I've lost muscle so that will make it harder to lose this.

Welcome back everyone. Let's go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Ccseli I love the blog its brilliant, really giving me something to think about.

I went to tesco today to do my shopping (as both aldi and lidl were closed). But I'm glad I did as they had loads of we products for 1.50, I got two frozen Mexican chili meals 6pp, and bagels and wraps so I was delighted that they were on special,

I hate cooking, when I was putting on the majority of my weight i got take away every night or frozen pizza that I could just do in the oven, last year when operation transformation started last year I decided to try each recepie once and if I didn't like it is never have to make it again. It was actually pretty good I hated some and found that after some I was still starving but others I love and still make (willingly) nearly a year later so I'm really looking forward to this season for all the recepies, I pointed them at the time and they all came out between 6 to 12 pp, with the majority being 8-10pp. I also got a very nice new chopping board and knife set from my mother in law so looking forward to cooking with that.

As my weight loss can be so unpredictable instead of giving myself weightloss goals such as lose a pound I give myself goals of doing things during the week, or trying something new or fitness goals so this week my goal is to stick to my tracker, I've done the shopping for the week so I know what all my main meals will be so I'm going to fill that in now and leave some room for snacks and fruit
    Let's see if I can make it the week

So im half back on track today. Woke up and had a lovely 7pp healthy fry. Then went walking to the Phoenix park where we rented bikes and cycled around before walking into town and then back home, so did over an hour walking and over an hour cycling. Am making pepperpot beef from the complete kitchen for dinner so with my sides it'll be 12pp for my dinner. I did have some hot chocolate from insomnia and some m&s dips with a few crackers but tomorrow is me fully back on track. I usually Weigh in on a tuesday evening so my WW week starts on wednesday morning. I'm back at work tomorrow too so will have a bit more structure to work with. We did our shopping and all of the unhealthy food is gone as of today.

I don't really want to wait until next tuesday to see what the damage is so I am going to go to a lunch time class on thursday, face up to it and then start fresh with hopefully a loss next week at my normal class. My clothes arent really too much tighter so I am hoping for a 3-4lb gain at the very most, but really would like to see 2lbs. In fairness there was no day where I was good apart from the days I had the vomiting bug and well they dont count.

I was gonna suggest on here if anyone is in the dublin area and would like to get a walking group together - even every second weekend/once a month would be nice to have a bt of a push. Our leader hosts walks every now and then and I never go but always feel bad. We could choose a few different locations around the area, there are some lovely walks around dublin!

I have also just come across this http://paper.li/thedailymel/1296330659?utm_source=subscription&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=paper_sub daily newsletter that seems to put together weight watcher blog posts. Def a good one to keep and eye on!!

Am looking forward to my fresh start tomorrow! Going to sit down and plan my meals for the week. WI is at 10.30, so ill go shopping after that. Am expecting a HUGE gain... Think ill ask her not to tell me what it is... Don't want the shame to throw me into a downward spiral!
    Just home from a nice long walk. Am off work til Monday, so I've a bit of extra time to dedicate to WW this wk. making exercise my priority for the coming few weeks... I'm even going to book into a kettlebells class tomo eve... Eeek!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Hi all. I too have been eating all around me. Big downfall being crackers and cheese. When I weighed after Xmas I was up 4 lbs and when I weigh tomorrow morning I expect a bit more. But that's it now. Mtg Thursday. And whilst the weight is up I am staying positive. I started in October with WW as I owned 20 pairs of trousers that I couldn't fit in as well as over 10 dresses. Instead of sitting down to eat again today I tried on some of the trousers. Now 8 fit me so I can wear them straightaway. 8 are in the very nearly there pile. 4 are still way far too tight. So what I am saying here is that whilst the scales may be up and yes I want to see lower numbers I am still up 8 pairs of trousers because of the good two months I had. So all is not lost and here's to having more clothes in my wardrobe that I can actually fit in! Good luck to everyone in the coming year with dreams and hopes and resolutions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Happy New Year and fresh starts for us all. Flew home last night and weighed in after 2 weeks off. Enjoyed myself completely and did no tracking so was not surprised with the 4.2lb gain this morning. Back on the wagon now and gonna do a healthy food shop at lunchtime. Gonna keep away from booze in January which should help keep me motivated. Gonna buy myself a bicycle in February and start doing small trips to and from the shops with the intention of doing my daily commute from March onwards when its not so dark. Howth to the city centre and back should help my weight loss journey and get me fitter. We're planning to take a month off next Christmas to travel around New Zealand so would love to get to goal by then which I don't think is impossible. Good luck this week everyone. D x

• Advertisement

Up 5lb this morn. Decided to face my demons and get that information, as opposed to burying my head in the sand. I expected every pound of the gain, so I'm ok with it. Back on track today, and going to make my 0pp soup now. Rang to book in for kettlebells, but classes don't start til next week.
    Good luck everyone! BTW got a 5 for 7 voucher this morn, that offer is running for the next 3 weeks I think she said. Classes will be paid for up until valentines day.
    My class was like a ghost town this am- obviously most ppl are putting off the inevitable til next week.

Fair play to everyone getting back on track!
    Had a fairly good day yesterday, still picking at a few bits but generally a huge amount better than the previous days!

I, unlike you other brave souls am not weighing myself until next Saturday. I know from experience that weighing myself and seeing a huge gain can sometimes really throw me off so going top give myself a chance to get some of the gain gone.

This year I have definitely been better on the whole as I kept up exercise quite diligently and stayed away from the massive bad rolls and cheese and crackers! Went for the sweet stuff instead..... :-)

Onwards and downward!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

happy new year to all.here's to a good one!:)

I am kind of proud of myself. Yesterday I was really hungover and was dying for some greasy food. I had planned on getting a pizza but when I got to the shop the good side of me kicked in and got chicken instead! I still wasn't perfect yesterday but it was a huge improvement. I'm really looking forward to going back to class next week.

I was reading this article this morning. I know they always have these type of articles in the paper, but this one really hit me for some reason. She is a weight watchers as well and personally I think a much better face for WW than Jessica Simpson!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2256000/Obese-McDonalds-worker-Teresa-Mayhew-South-Wales-soared-19-stone-eating-Big-Macs-day-bans-fast-food-sheds-EIGHT-stone.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AKS1991

Hi folks, just after getting weighed (actually writing this while waiting for talk to start!) and im the same! Thoroughly undeserved if im honest with myself, but i had a massive (6 lb) gain the week before Christmas due to exam stress binges so i suppose its just balancing out or something? How and ever, its encouraging! :) feel very much back in control now so hoping for a decent loss this week! Someone (Eabhabear i think?) mentioned setting goals for the new year and i like that idea! So here's mine: i want to be a stone and a half lighter this time next year! Would obviously like to lose it a little sooner than that but im not going to rush it! 2 stone gone so far, and i know the rest is going to be harder! Best of luck everyone, i hope we all realise our goal this year! Happy New Year! :D

Feels so good to be back on track today. Had the most awful nights sleep and would have been so easy to eat all around me again and just blame the tiredness. Spurred on to keep going now, terrified of getting on the scales but think it will be easier as it wont be my usual leader. Hopefully when I see Mary next tuesday the scales will show a minus!!

I made the tortilla quiche tonight for dinner and it was yum! I had it with some smoked salmon. Can't wait to have the rest of it for lunch tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

Weighed In tonight and was up 2lb! Happy with that as its only 1lb for each week and was expecting more! Back on track as of today! Heres to 2013 and hopefully reaching goal :) Best of luck to everyone with their fresh starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Cannot BELIEVE it. Stayed the same over Christmas. My housemate and his partner were singing the death march as I left for my first class of the new year today, largely due to the supermacs, roll (a big one) and a tayto sandwich I ate yesterday as a last hurrah, so I was expecting the worst. And, yet the probably two out of three 'good' days I put down over Christmas allowed me to stay the same. Absolutely chuffed, it's a great start to the new year, and is probably thanks to being able to check into this thread and remotivate myself during the silly season.

Congrats to all of you for making fresh starts this year! I actually (funnily enough) am sick of all the rubbish and I'm feeling really positive about the year ahead. My goal is to lose the final 15 lbs and get to my goal weight and (here's the clincher) KEEP IT OFF. Best of luck to everyone both starting and restarting their journey. There was a gentleman in my class tonight who has lost eleven stone - eleven flipping stone!!!! And he keeps it off too, an absolute inspiration. We can pure do it!

• Advertisement

Just tried on a dress I wore to a wedding in August.... It is SNUG! Not the direction I want things to be going, but one final kick up the arse, in a day of kicks up the arse! Have turned into the food police again, reminiscent of how I was this time last yr.. Did you weigh it? I didn't see you measuring the oil, another slice of bread? My mother may love to hate me within a few weeks.

Advertisement