Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Do you live at home too? It makes it so much more awkward! My mother used to do ww, and that was fine but now she's stopped I find it easier just to cook for myself! Bit awkward but I can plan better that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Missed my usual Monday class this week due to the bank holiday, and was very very tempted to leave my return until next week. However i have found it incredibly hard to get back on track this week, every day I've been telling myself "I'll start tomorrow" and it just hasn't been happening. I did however get back to the gym today (went Saturday too but ate myself under the table the days after that so i guess it counted for nothing) and worked my butt off, it felt great. So i decided to bite the bullet anyway and go to a ww class tonight, with the hope of motivating myself to start afresh tomorrow and get some sort of a loss for my leader (who returns from maternity leave) next Monday. Anyway i was up 3lb, an expected and deserved gain. I've realised this Christmas that i need routine for this plan to work. Being off work for 2 weeks whilst being surrounded by tins of biscuits and chocolates has totally killed my discipline! Truthfully, I cant see myself getting back into it properly until i go back to work on Monday, but im hoping i can cop myself on even a little bit over the next 5 days to get a loss by next class..and I'll be going to the gym as much as i can before then! Good luck all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Just to give light to the end of the tunnel. Did quick WI this morn just to check I was back on track and was down 1.8lbs in just one day of healthy eating. Shows that half of my gain was probably just water retention so fingers crossed its the same for everyone else and we can be back to our pre Christmas best before we know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Do you live at home too? It makes it so much more awkward! My mother used to do ww, and that was fine but now she's stopped I find it easier just to cook for myself! Bit awkward but I can plan better that way!

I live at home as well. It can be a pain especially when they buy desserts etc. I do my own shopping and I cook my own meals its the only way I could do WW. It can be expensive and sometimes a hugs waste of food but worth it.

I was going to wait until next week to WI as my class is a Tuesday but I'm going to go tonight. I feel like I'm putting myself under too much pressure to have a STS that I'm more likely to cave. At least if I go tonight and get it over with I can focus on moving on and start working towards losing!

Just after checking the class I had planned on going to doesn't return until next week. Does anyone know of any classes on in the south side tonight or tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

I had my first meeting last night and I am so. Lost. Beyond lost.

The calculator on the weight watchers website isn't working for me (or maybe I'm filling it out wrong, it's giving me 0 points for a kinder bueno.) That per slot is for the food's weight, right? I have no idea what to eat or where to begin eating.

... how do you even do your shopping? Do you wander around the supermarket with your little calculator?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

The calculator on the weight watchers website isn't working for me (or maybe I'm filling it out wrong, it's giving me 0 points for a kinder bueno.) That per slot is for the food's weight, right? I have no idea what to eat or where to begin eating.

... how do you even do your shopping? Do you wander around the supermarket with your little calculator?

The first week of weight watchers is by far the most difficult. Its a learning curve and just take your time to absorb all the information. You don't want to get overwhelmed too soon.

Ive never used the calculator on the website, but there are lots of apps you can download if you have a smartphone so you have a calculator on your phone at all times. If not then I would strongly recommend buying a calculator at the meeting. 10 euro well spent.

I find for shopping the best thing to do is to plan in advance. Pick out what you will be having for dinner each night - find recipes either online (loads of blogs and the weight watcher ireland and uk websites for this) or invest in some cookbooks. You can point branded things in advance usually using online nutritional information and jsut make sure you have a list when you go shopping. Try not to stray from the list too much - it may take a week or 2 to get into the swing of it. Stock up on lots of fruits a veg to keep as snacks - sugar free jelly with frozen fruits mixed through is a great snack to have in the fridge. Have some low pp treats, like the ww bars or curly wurlys in the house - but just make sure to count them when you eat them.

The best thing to do is to relax - if you have questions come on here, everyone is so helpful, or ask your leader. The program is great but def takes some time to learn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

hello all, Happy New Year. Fell off the WW wagon in a spectacular fashion but ready now to get back on track.
    Kitty-kitty Don't panic ! Everyone feels beyond lost the first week. Just concentrate on eating healthy,drinking 2 litres of water and going for a walk for the 1st week. At your next meeting ask your WW class leader to explain it again to you.
    I know it took me ages at least 5 weeks to finally get my head around pro points and I had been following the old points programme for a long time before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Did your leader explain the plan to you after class? If not, make sure she does it next week- that's what you pay her for. I've never looked at the calculator, on the website, so I don't know what's going on with that (but I will confirm tht a kinder Beuno is not 0pp!)
    Did you get the blue folder with the little book at your meeting- that's a great reference for basic ingredients, a good starting point. Get yourself a little weighing scales for your work top and weigh out your food- portion control is so important! After a while you'll get an idea of what's what, but I still, after a year, weigh porridge, pasta, rice etc.
    There's some smartphone apps for ww that might be useful- someone else might recommend one, I don't use them really, and I don't know how accurate they are.
    Use google. There's this thread, and a few like it and if I'm stuck, I stick "how many pro points in...' Into google, and usually I come up with an answer.
    I bought the ww magazine yesterday, and there's a few nice recipes in it, so that's something else you might do!!!
    Ask if you're stuck. This thread is great for help, advice and support!!!
    Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hello everyone.

Well I fell off the wagon big time over the last 2 months in 2012 so I've decided to return to WW meetings next week to aim to get to goal this year.

I was only a few lbs away in 2011 but just didn't get there - concentrated on exercise, toning and keeping my weight in and around the same, but now I am ready to really take the bull by the horns and get to goal!

I'd say I'm back in the 12's at this stage (I don't think there's much point weighing myself at home - might as well wait to see what WW tells me) and when I was almost at goal I was 10 st 13 lbs. But never mind, I'll get there.

I'll be coming back here regularly again for inspiration and tips - this is a great forum for boosting your weight loss and chatting with like minded weight watchers!

Onwards and downwards everyone for a slimmer 2013!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I live at home, but it's a great help, because its just me and my mam, and she does WW too. We both stumbled a bit over Xmas, but were back on track now. My OH is in and out a lot, but he knows what were at, and doesn't try to sway me!

• Advertisement

I was gonna suggest on here if anyone is in the dublin area and would like to get a walking group together - even every second weekend/once a month would be nice to have a bt of a push. Our leader hosts walks every now and then and I never go but always feel bad. We could choose a few different locations around the area, there are some lovely walks around dublin!

Heya TP

I'd be up for this. It would be nice to get a group together so we're all in this together and doing something proactive.

Tesco.ie is the best place to go to when planning your meals. It'll give you the nutritional value of nearly everything. The best thing to do is to start simple with basic foods. Cereal, fruit, eggs, toast etc for breakfast. Then soup, salads etc lunch. Stir fry, potatoes and meat etc for dinner. Keep it simple until you get your head around it. There's loads of recipes on this thread and the 2 old threads. In the folder you got at class there's recipes and look online there's tons of low fat healthy recipes. The important thing is not to panic when I first started 2 years ago I had a 0.5 lb gain my first week but the leader said that can be normal as you're not used to it. Any questions just ask here!

Went to a WI at lunch time and miraculously stayed the same. Delighted with that, am putting it down to my 2 days of vomiting bug and the fact ive been back on track for nearly 2 days now too. Gonna be an angel tracking wise this week and hope get a good loss next tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Started back lastnight and im feeling ready to do it again, I had lost all the weight before and when I was 2lb away from goal I got pregnant and when I had babs I was right back where I started, I went back to the meetings when babs was 7 weeks but I was a disaster and failed completely and give up after a few weeks... Babs is 10 months now and I am sick of looking at my wobbly baby belly now lol... So fingers crossed I can do it again, I feel good about it though and determined to get back down to goal.... Just thought id share... Goodluck everyone!

Heya
    Does anyone cycle much here? I was already planning on getting a bike in the next few months but since the weather is so mild I'm thinking I might as well get it sooner rather than later and start off using for small trips to the shops. When it's lighter, I'm planning on commuting to and from work which would be about 18 miles round trip each day. Just wondering if cycling has had much impact on anyone elses weightloss journey?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Ah its good to be back went to class to yesterday after a month of pure sillyness and had a substansial gain, but Im back on track since Wednesday and hope to put a good dint in that gain next week. Am 8 lbs from goal which im hoping to reach by Valentines, thats my first resolution and than my second one is to spend the year maintaining. I have lost over 3 stone since last March and im so trilled about it and have made it quiet public with everyone i know everyone comments on it and for this reason i feel i have to maintain it i cant go back there, which is good motivation for me. I am starving this week and have headaches from sugar withdrawals ha ha but when i step on the scales next week it will be all worth it. Great so see so many people back on here this thread has been such help to me over the last year :) Best of luck to everyone in 2013

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Heya
    Does anyone cycle much here? I was already planning on getting a bike in the next few months but since the weather is so mild I'm thinking I might as well get it sooner rather than later and start off using for small trips to the shops. When it's lighter, I'm planning on commuting to and from work which would be about 18 miles round trip each day. Just wondering if cycling has had much impact on anyone elses weightloss journey?

I was actually thinking of getting a bike too. Me and the OH rented bikes in the Phoenix Park on New Years day and it was so much fun. I do not have anywhere near as long a commute as you but would be handy to have as I live in the centre of town. I'd say if you are doing an 18 hour roundtrip daily it would have to have a positive impact on your weight loss! Also ifyou can get it on the cycle to work scheme there is a saving to be made!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Hi Everyone,
    I'm a regular lurker and occasional poster. However since last sept I've now I'd gained 7lbs and over Xmas an additional 7lbs.... so a stone up and I'm refocusing. I simply cannot afford the €10 weigh in - but I'm determined to get a handle myself now. I started my app iWatchr today afresh. And am tracking everything. My aim is to run the Clontarf half marathon in June. So no way I can afford to be running that distance carrying excess weight. I am currently 13 stone 12. Ideally I want to be 11stone. I've lost 3 stone so far... As others have said here's to 2013 GOAL! But thanks everyone here for the ideas and motivation.

gragirl wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm a regular lurker and occasional poster. However since last sept I've now I'd gained 7lbs and over Xmas an additional 7lbs.... so a stone up and I'm refocusing. I simply cannot afford the €10 weigh in - but I'm determined to get a handle myself now. I started my app iWatchr today afresh. And am tracking everything. My aim is to run the Clontarf half marathon in June. So no way I can afford to be running that distance carrying excess weight. I am currently 13 stone 12. Ideally I want to be 11stone. I've lost 3 stone so far... As others have said here's to 2013 GOAL! But thanks everyone here for the ideas and motivation.

What height are you? You're a similar weight to me. I started back meetings just before Christmas and I was 13st 9lbs which I say I'm near enough to again if not over after Christmas.
    You should tell one person that you're doing WW and every week tell them you're results. It's easier to stay on track. If also avoid hopping on the scale in between WIs as you'll drive yourself mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Eabhabear wrote: »
    What height are you? You're a similar weight to me. I started back meetings just before Christmas and I was 13st 9lbs which I say I'm near enough to again if not over after Christmas.
    You should tell one person that you're doing WW and every week tell them you're results. It's easier to stay on track. If also avoid hopping on the scale in between WIs as you'll drive yourself mad!

I'm 5ft 7. My plan was to weigh in here really - friday morning kick in with where I'm at. Fair play to you going back and heres to both of us loosing!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Hi all!

I hope you all had a great Christmas! I know I did but the means, unfortunately, WW didn't. I ate so much chocolate, I'm surprised I haven't turned into a Cadbury bar!

Anyway, I was down home for the holidays so I didn't weigh in last Friday as the scales down there aren't digital so I don't trust them. I got back on the bandwagon after New Years and went spinning Wednesday and Thursday. Then today, horror of horrors, the batteries in my scales were dead. I am so annoyed as I wanted to know the dreaded damage and get it over with. They are special batteries so I couldn't just throw a few AA ones in. I am down home again tonight so it will be Sunday before I get to weigh myself now. I could do it tomorrow evening but the gain is going to be big enough as it is.

I am going to stick to the plan regardless. I have a family dinner tonight but it will be my mum's cooking which means no surprises or hidden calories as she is very weight conscious. Tomorrow, I'm off to the afternoon panto which means lunch first so I am going to do some research on nearby restaurants and chose one where I can get something delicious but WW friendly.

My aim for 2013 is to reach goal which is 10stone. Thats approximately 25lbs (depending on the results when I finally get my scales working) so I hope to reach it by May. I am going to go back on the 5/2 next week which should speed things up a bit. I have a two week holiday in February but I think it will be quite active so I am not too concerned. My main aim is a wedding in September when I want to showcase my new slim figure but I want to be well on the maintenance path by then.

Good look to all! Onwards and downwards!

P.S. I would also be up for walks around Dublin. I'm on the Southside but am willing to travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Urgh, caved and went on the scales and am up about 4/5 pounds since my lowest before xmas.
    It's a bit unjustified Cos I really tried keeping up exercise and stuff but I seem to gain so Fecking easily! Clothes arent fitting as nicely and ive definitely regained wobble! But I've been back on it since Tuesday so I hope by next Saturday there's a bit of a shift!
    Anyone else feel they've had an unjustified gain!? Don't get me wrong, I ate,but not so far as too gain that much! Story of my life!

9.5 back to goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

gragirl wrote: »
    I'm 5ft 7. My plan was to weigh in here really - friday morning kick in with where I'm at. Fair play to you going back and heres to both of us loosing!:D

Hi Gragirl, I'm the same height/weight as yourself and am hoping to run the Limerick half marathon in May so hoping to lose the weight before that and we defo can do it! :D

To be honest I was feeling quite sluggish and bloated since xmas & dreading my weigh in next wk but I've been really encouraged from reading the posts from everyone over the past few days! Someone said in one of the posts 2013 is their yr to get to goal then I wanna join in 2!!! We can do this, PMA all the way!!! Thanks guys think I'm ready to be back on track!! Love this forum!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I am restarting my journey again, I have gained a stone and 2 pounds since I was last there.

I'm a small framed girl who is 5 foot and 15 stone one pound! Eeek!

Have tried to track today and I think I am right but I am really having trouble finding out the propoints of a pink wafer (by cadbury's) 3 fingers.

Anybody have an idea? Much appreciated

pinkstars wrote: »
    I am restarting my journey again, I have gained a stone and 2 pounds since I was last there.

I'm a small framed girl who is 5 foot and 15 stone one pound! Eeek!

Have tried to track today and I think I am right but I am really having trouble finding out the propoints of a pink wafer (by cadbury's) 3 fingers.

Anybody have an idea? Much appreciated

Best of luck with it, New Year is a great time to restart!

Are you talking about the pink snack bars? As far as I remember they are 5pp but not 100% sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Yea, thats them exactly! I called them wafers as that is what it says on the packet and couldn't find any info for pink snacks on the net.....

I must make out a list of what I regularly eat nowadays so I will know for future reference. Do ye guys have a lot to lose? I was always around the 10 stone mark and I thought I was big then. I'm collosal now but ready to tackle it!

Yea, thats them exactly! I called them wafers as that is what it says on the packet and couldn't find any info for pink snacks on the net.....

I must make out a list of what I regularly eat nowadays so I will know for future reference. Do ye guys have a lot to lose? I was always around the 10 stone mark and I thought I was big then. I'm collosal now but ready to tackle it!

I think everyone on here has varying amounts to lose. When I started last january I had just over 4 stone to lose. I am now down to the last 9lbs which is very exciting. 10stone is my goal weight - i don't think ive been that weight since I was about 11, close a few times but I am really excited to finally hit it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

I was 12st when I got pregnant in summer 07, I weighted about 15/16 stone when I went into labour in April 08 I got down to 13st 1lb in January 09 with weight watchers but that's where it all went wrong I gained a massive amount of weight between then and the next time I weighted in in may 2010 at a grand total of 18st 13.5lbs, since then its been a long hard journey, I lost 7lbs almost straight away and then nothing for nearly 6 months then a massive amount of loss for 8 months and now for the last year and a bit for a variety amount of reasons I've weighed 15st, so I've got about the same amount as you to lose but I know we can do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

. I am starving this week and have headaches from sugar withdrawals ha ha but when i step on the scales next week it will be all worth it. Great so see so many people back on here this thread has been such help to me over the last year :) Best of luck to everyone in 2013

I always hate the first week back of this sort of thing as the headaches are just killer and Ihave really good intentions of getting to the gym but by the time it gets to the evening the hheadaches are unbearable and I feel like I can't get out, but I know this won't last, funniest thing was just before Christmas my neighbour dropped over a massive box of sweets and I ate most of the box that night and had a massive head ache from too much sugar the next morning so I know that chocolate and all is not good for me,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 smileybee

ccseli wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

Ive just blogged a post on 0 propoint Tomato and Basil soup. Its not something new but it is delicious and its 0 propoints, so if your new on the plan, this may just help you out of some tricky spots. http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2013/01/0-propoint-tomato-and-basil-soup.html

I hope the post Christmas wi is going ok for you all, mines not till next week so at least I have between now and then to work on the excess.

:-)

Thanks for this ccseli, I'm planning to try this tomorrow. I'm a long time lurker and this thread has really helped with my weight loss over the past year and hopefully it will help me reach goal this year. I've only, oh about 4 stone to go, but every pound down helps. ;)

Advertisement