Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brownel

Hey all,

I'll be honest and say I've decided I'm not starting back till next Monday. I had a fairly tough Christmas so I need the break for a bit.

Anyway, some people asked about cycling. It's what works for me, I could never take up going to gym and while I liked Zumba, finding the time to get to a class was hard. I now cycle 11km each way to work. I find its great as I've done my exercise for the day already when I get home so the rest of the evening is mine. You're also not tied down to timetables and strangely enough, I don't get soaked that often, there's some study that says it rains less during commute times :) also, when everyone is sitting in the heavy traffic because of the rain, you fly past them all.

It takes time to be able to do it 5 times a week, that can even still tire me out. When I first started, I did 1 or 2 days or cycled in one day and home the next, then 3 days, trying to have a break in between to break up and built up to 5 days.

Oh, get a good lock, if locking the bike in town, use two and diff types of locks. Also, drury st car park has a special area for parking bikes which I find handy and super safe.

It took me about 11months but I got to goal, lost just under 4 stone. I still can't believe it when I say it. I float up and down but have managed to keep within 8lbs or so of goal which I'm happy with.

So, obviously, I'm a big advocate for the cycling, it takes time to build up the stamina if ur not used to it and you want to do 18miles but its a great way to get around. Just take care when you're getting started, that's when a lot of people don't pay enough attention and have accidents, you have to be super diligent.

Don't let that put you off though, I love it now, rain or shine. Two of my favourite cycle days were when we had the floods in Dublin, especially Aug 08 and Oct last yr, the traffic was at a complete standstill, trains/buses going nowhere and my 35min cycle took me 35mins :)

Best of luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

brownel wrote: »
    Anyway, some people asked about cycling. It's what works for me, I could never take up going to gym and while I liked Zumba, finding the time to get to a class was hard.

Beautifully put. Best thing about cycling: Mixing the commute and your exercise all in one.

My one tip is if you're bring a bag with you don't put it on your back! Try and get a back carrier for it. I say this because a bag on your back makes it feel like you're sweating like crazy and makes you hotter. If it's in a back carrier you barely notice it

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

I have just started back at ww and I really want to give up the smokes... Just wondering if I did give them up now would it slow down my weight loss? If anyone has any advice or experience with this I would love to hear from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

deni86 wrote: »
    I have just started back at ww and I really want to give up the smokes... Just wondering if I did give them up now would it slow down my weight loss? If anyone has any advice or experience with this I would love to hear from them

It won't slow it but it will be a not harder and most people replace smokes with food and associate a meal finishing with having a smoke so if they don't smoke the meal never finishes. I had to give up tea for two years as I associated it with smoking ( I'm off the 5 and a half years and haven't looked back)

Your better to start we and giving up smoking together and if you just give up smoking without we you'll end up putting on weight from replacing it with food,

When I get edgy at night I either paint my nails to keep myself and my hands busy or go to the gym cause I know I have no access to food there, that might work for evening cravings of both food and smokes?

Good luck with it you really will find food tastes so much better ( makes it a bit harder) and you'll have loads more money and it will be easier to work out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I wish I had a class last week as its been very hard to be good. Thursday and Friday were a write off. Today so far has been good. I made a gorgeous chicken wrap with homemade low fat cajun mayo. It was delish. I can't wait for my meeting this week so I can properly get going for 2013.

The Daily Mail are running a WW celebrity segment featuring Patsy Kensit and some others. They've included a few recipes which I thought I'd post.

GOULASH WITH MASH POTATOES
    10 ProPoints value per serving
    Serves 4
    5 sprays low-fat cooking spray
    500g (1lb 2oz) lean stewing steak, cubed
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    2tbsp paprika
    400g (14oz) chopped tomatoes (fresh or tinned)
    1tbsp tomato purée
    1 medium red pepper, deseeded and chopped
    1 medium green pepper, deseeded and chopped
    1 stock cube (vegetable or beef), made up to 300ml (½pt) with hot water
    1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1tbsp parsley, chopped, to garnish
    1kg (2lb 4oz) mashed potatoes, to serve

Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Heat a large flameproof casserole and spray with the low-fat cooking spray. Add the stewing steak, a handful of cubes at a time, and cook over a high heat, making sure that each batch has sealed and browned before adding the next. Repeat until all the meat is browned.
    Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion has softened. Stir in the paprika and cook for a few moments. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato purée, peppers and stock. Bring to the boil, then put the lid on and transfer to the oven. Bake for 1½ hours, or until the meat is very tender. Season to taste.
    If the goulash needs thickening, add 1tbsp cornflour, blended with 2-3tbsp of cold water. Stir the cornflour mixture until smooth, then add to the goulash and stir until thickened. Serve each portion sprinkled with parsley, accompanied by hot mashed potatoes.

• Advertisement

CREAMY CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY POTATOES
    13 ProPoints value per serving
    Serves 4

8 medium-sized potatoes, scrubbed
    4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
    2tbsp olive oil
    2 sprigs fresh rosemary
    4 medium skinless chicken breasts
    1tsp Pernod
    1 stock cube (vegetable or chicken), made up to 200ml (7fl oz) with hot water
    8tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
    1tbsp fresh thyme leaves
    1tsp lemon zest, finely grated
    1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
    l Broccoli, cooked, to serve

Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 4. Slice the potatoes thinly without cutting right through them. Tuck garlic slices into the gaps, then use half the olive oil to brush over the potatoes. Arrange in a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes. Remove and baste, then tuck rosemary into the gaps. Roast for another 30 minutes. At this point, start to cook the chicken. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and add the chicken breasts, cooking them over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Add the Pernod and let it bubble up, then add the stock. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, then remove the lid and let the liquid reduce a little, turning the chicken over.
    Check that the meat is thoroughly cooked using a sharp knife – there should be no trace of pink juices. When done, stir the crème fraîche into the sauce with the thyme and zest, heat for a few moments, then season. Serve with the potatoes and broccoli.

WINTER FRUIT CRUMBLE
    ProPoints Value (per serving): 6
    Serves 4
    INGREDIENTS
    350g (12oz) baking apples, peeled and cored
    1 medium pear, peeled, cored and sliced
    175g (6oz) plums (without stone), halved and pitted
    25g (1oz) sultanas
    ½tsp (level) ground cinnamon
    4tbsp artificial sweetener, powdered, to taste
    25g (1oz) polyunsaturated margarine
    50g (1¾oz) porridge oats
    50g (1¾oz) flaked rice
    50g (1¾oz) light brown demerara sugar
    2tsp low-fat crème fraiche
    METHOD
    Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Mix together the apples, pear, plums, sultanas, mixed spice and sweetener. Tip into a 1.25 litre ovenproof dish and add 4tbsp water. Melt the margarine. Mix in the porridge oats, flaked rice and sugar. Sprinkle over the fruit. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.

FISH AND CHIPS

Serves 4
    11 ProPoints value per serving
    INGREDIENTS
    700g (1lb 8oz) potatoes, cut into wedges
    2tbsp olive oil
    1 pinch salt
    1tsp ground black pepper
    25g (1oz) plain flour
    1 medium egg
    2tbsp cold water
    50g (1¾oz) dried breadcrumbs
    700g (1lb 8oz) haddock (4 x 175g/6oz fillets)
    4 sprigs of parsley, to garnish
    1 medium lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
    1tbsp malt vinegar, to serve
    1tsp ketchup, to serve
    METHOD
    Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Place the potato wedges into a roasting pan. Add the olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 25-30 minutes.
    Meanwhile, prepare the fish fillets. First, spray the cooking spray onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle the flour onto a plate and season with a little more salt and pepper. Beat the egg and water together in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs onto a separate plate. Coat the fish in the seasoned flour, dip into the egg mixture, then coat in breadcrumbs. Arrange on the baking sheet.
    Reduce the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Continue to bake the potatoes, with the fish on the shelf below them, for another 15-20 minutes. To check that the fish is cooked, test it with a fork – the flesh should be opaque and flake easily. Garnish the fish with parsley and serve with the chips, lemon wedges, vinegar and ketchup.

Sorry for all the posts. Last one promise!

EASY SAUSAGE CASSOULET
    ProPoints Value (per serving): 11
    Serves 4

300g (10½oz) reduced-fat pork sausages, chopped
    2 medium onions, sliced
    2 cloves of garlic, crushed
    2 medium carrots, chopped
    2 sticks of celery, sliced
    1tsp dried thyme
    400g (14oz) haricot beans, cooked or canned, rinsed and drained
    400g (14oz) tomatoes, chopped (fresh or tinned)
    1 vegetable stock cube, made up into 150ml (5fl oz) hot water
    1tsp each salt and pepper
    For the topping:
    2 cloves of garlic, crushed
    300g fresh breadcrumbs
    2tsp fresh parsley, chopped
    METHOD
    Heat a large flameproof casserole dish and spray with four sprays of the cooking spray. Add the sausages and cook over a medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the onions, garlic, carrots and celery and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in the dried thyme, haricot beans, tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer over a low heat for 35-40 minutes, removing the lid for the final 10 minutes. Season to taste. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. For the topping, mist a non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the garlic and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the breadcrumbs and chopped parsley. Sprinkle over the cassoulet, then transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crusty golden brown on top.

CHICKEN CACCIATORE
    ProPoints Value (per serving): 8
    Serves 4

INGREDIENTS
    225g dried pasta
    ½ a medium onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 medium pepper (ideally green), deseeded
    and diced
    125g (4½oz) mushrooms, sliced
    450g (1lb) skinless chicken breast, cut
    into 5cm (2in) pieces
    2tsp dried basil
    1½tsp curry powder
    ½tsp salt
    ¼tsp ground black pepper
    400g (14oz) chopped tomatoes,
    fresh or tinned
    2 sprigs parsley, chopped
    METHOD
    Cook your pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and cover with foil to keep warm. Meanwhile, heat the low-fat cooking spray in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic, diced pepper and sliced mushrooms and sauté for 4 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the mushrooms release their juices. Add the chicken and sauté for 5 minutes until golden brown on all sides. Add the basil, curry powder, salt and pepper and stir to coat. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, partially cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the fresh parsley. Transfer the pasta to four shallow bowls and spoon the chicken mixture on top.

ITALIAN-INSPIRED ZERO PROPOINTS SOUP
    ProPoints Value (per serving): 0
    Serves 12

40g (1½oz) chicory, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    160g (6oz) onions, chopped
    30g (1oz) baby spinach
    2 small courgettes, cubed
    1 medium red pepper, chopped
    1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
    1,440ml (2½pts) vegetable stock
    800g (1lb 12oz) canned chopped tomatoes
    ¼tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    2tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
    1tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
    ¾tsp salt
    ¼tsp black pepper
    25g (1oz) fresh parsley, chopped
    25g (1oz) fresh basil
    METHOD
    Put the chicory, garlic, onions, spinach, courgette, red pepper, fennel, vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, red pepper flakes, thyme and oregano into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes. Stir in salt, black pepper, parsley and basil. Serve.

PLUM AND RASPBERRY PANCAKES
    Serves 4
    6 ProPoints value per serving
    INGREDIENTS
    6 small plums, stoned, pitted and quartered
    200g (7oz) raspberries
    50ml (2fl oz) apple juice
    1tsp artificial sweetener
    For the pancakes
    100g (3½oz) plain flour
    1 pinch salt
    1 medium egg
    250ml (9fl oz) skimmed milk
    1 spray low-fat cooking spray
    For the sauce
    50g (1¾oz) plain chocolate, broken into pieces
    1tbsp honey
    1 heaped tsp cocoa powder
    1tsp cornflour
    120ml (4fl oz) skimmed milk
    METHOD

Put the plums, raspberries and apple juice into a saucepan. Heat and simmer gently over a very low heat while making the pancakes. Add sweetener according to taste.
    Put the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the egg and milk, then beat well with a whisk to make a smooth batter. Heat a large heavy-based frying pan and spray with the cooking spray. Pour in some batter, tilting the pan to spread evenly over the base. When set, flip over to cook the other side. Make 4 large pancakes in this way. Place the pancakes on four warm serving plates and share the fruit filling between them. Fold over and keep them warm. For the chocolate sauce, gently heat all the ingredients in a non-stick saucepan, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened. Pour over the pancakes and serve at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cookie Monster13

Hey everyone, like many I've been a longtime lurker on here and now after a real foody Xmas, I now have decided I need all the motivation I can get to lose all the weight which has been slowly creeping on since last November. Once I got into the mindset that Xmas was on the way, I totally slipped into the takeaways during the week and eating way more treats that normal!
    I'm now hoping to lose a stone over the next few weeks/months and thanks so much Eabhabear for putting up those recipes, they look great! I've been yoyoing with WW for years. When I'm being good, I'm great, but when I'm bad, I'm a total disaster.
    I never fully grasped the Propoints system, I did lost a couple of stone years ago on the old system but I'm finally ready to move over to Propoints and treat it like brand new and start from scratch.
    Anyways folks, I'm looking forward to getting stuck in and to all the support on here!

layviae wrote: »

It won't slow it but it will be a not harder and most people replace smokes with food and associate a meal finishing with having a smoke so if they don't smoke the meal never finishes. I had to give up tea for two years as I associated it with smoking ( I'm off the 5 and a half years and haven't looked back)

Your better to start we and giving up smoking together and if you just give up smoking without we you'll end up putting on weight from replacing it with food,

When I get edgy at night I either paint my nails to keep myself and my hands busy or go to the gym cause I know I have no access to food there, that might work for evening cravings of both food and smokes?

Good luck with it you really will find food tastes so much better ( makes it a bit harder) and you'll have loads more money and it will be easier to work out

Thanks for your reply, I really want to do it.. I'm thinking though that I will wait until my next meeting which will be my first proper WI and saying it to my leader and seeing what she thinks because I don't want to ruin my first week and being disapointed with my WI if you know what I mean? So sick of smoking at this stage... And of the extra 3 stone im carrying around
    And well done on giving up the smokes!

Deni86, I quit smoking almost 3 years ago, sometimes I still can't believe I have managed to stay off them, it has definitely been the single greatest achievement of my life as I was a pretty committed smoker. In that first year I put on a stone. I went to a friends wedding almost a year to the day after i'd quit, and when I saw the photos of me squeezed into my dress, it was then I decided to start WW for the first time. I was sorry I hadn't joined WW at the same time as I'd decided to quit which would probably have helped me not to put on that stone.. but the thing is.. quitting smoking is an incredible achievement, concentrate on that. Sure, follow WW at the same time, and this will definitely help you, but don't beat yourself up if you're substituting food for cigarettes and if you find you're eating more that you used to. That's perfectly normal, but perhaps sticking with WW at the same time will help you make wiser decisions about what to eat. Best of luck with it, it will be the best decision you ever make.

• Advertisement

Deni86, I quit smoking almost 3 years ago, sometimes I still can't believe I have managed to stay off them, it has definitely been the single greatest achievement of my life as I was a pretty committed smoker. In that first year I put on a stone. I went to a friends wedding almost a year to the day after i'd quit, and when I saw the photos of me squeezed into my dress, it was then I decided to start WW for the first time. I was sorry I hadn't joined WW at the same time as I'd decided to quit which would probably have helped me not to put on that stone.. but the thing is.. quitting smoking is an incredible achievement, concentrate on that. Sure, follow WW at the same time, and this will definitely help you, but don't beat yourself up if you're substituting food for cigarettes and if you find you're eating more that you used to. That's perfectly normal, but perhaps sticking with WW at the same time will help you make wiser decisions about what to eat. Best of luck with it, it will be the best decision you ever make.

Thank you for your reply and well done!
    I understand what you mean but the most important thing for me rite now is to lose the weight and although I really want to give up the smokes I really don't want it so stop me losing the weight :( I am going to wait until my next meeting and talk to my leader about it, it will be my first proper WI since I started back

You're right not to try to do everything at once Deni86! Best of luck with the weight loss efforts, I really hope I can keep my enthusiasm levels going. Going to rejoin meetings next week when I'm back at work and hopefully that'll focus me again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Made the hairy dieters burgers for dinner and they were incredible. Still madly in love with every recipe I have made from this book. Wasn't planning on blogging it so didn't take any photos - but since they were so good I had to share the recipe!!

http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/01/mediterranean-beef-burgers.html

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :-)

Made the hairy dieters burgers for dinner and they were incredible. Still madly in love with every recipe I have made from this book. Wasn't planning on blogging it so didn't take any photos - but since they were so good I had to share the recipe!!

http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/01/mediterranean-beef-burgers.html

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :-)

I down loaded the book to my reader the other night and there rerunning their series on BBC at the moment (which I only watched cause you keep mentioning the book) I made the cod and prawn gratten, it was amazing and it only took 20 minutes to make, have you tried the lazange yet? It looks really good but I'm a bit concerned that there will be an overwhelming taste of leaks off it.

I down loaded the book to my reader the other night and there rerunning their series on BBC at the moment (which I only watched cause you keep mentioning the book) I made the cod and prawn gratten, it was amazing and it only took 20 minutes to make, have you tried the lazange yet? It looks really good but I'm a bit concerned that there will be an overwhelming taste of leaks off it.

I'm sitting in on a Saturday night, trying to get over my cold and after hearing so much about this book I decided to look up the recipes. They look gorgeous. I'm gutted I have my meal plan and shopping done for the week. I can't wait to try some of them out. The lamb hotpot looks delish :)

I just remembered that I follow the following website. They have all the points** counted and is a great place to bring variety into your meals. They always look so good.

http://www.slenderkitchen.com/

**When I say pointed, it's an American site which uses Points Plus rather then Pro Points however I've heard that the two are pretty similar. They're a good indicator and you could point it before/after yourself.

I never even watched the show but I might look it up now. Haven't tried the lasagne, but tbh I do my own low fat lasagne which is a bit of a speciality of mine so I kinda stick with my own. But I've tried loads of the recipes and every single one is awesome. And anything I've been skeptical of has turned out awesome, so I wouldn't say the leeks are over powering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I never even watched the show but I might look it up now. Haven't tried the lasagne, but tbh I do my own low fat lasagne which is a bit of a speciality of mine so I kinda stick with my own. But I've tried loads of the recipes and every single one is awesome. And anything I've been skeptical of has turned out awesome, so I wouldn't say the leeks are over powering.

I made the korma earlier, and it was yum (again)! Lovely treat sat nite dinner, with rice and a mini naan bread! The lasagne is on my to try list. Might try those burgers someday, although I don't think Jamie Oliver's burgers can be beat!

ck83 wrote: »

I made the korma earlier, and it was yum (again)! Lovely treat sat nite dinner, with rice and a mini naan bread! The lasagne is on my to try list. Might try those burgers someday, although I don't think Jamie Oliver's burgers can be beat!

I did the korma and loved it, but my oh wasn't keen on it. Did the chicken tangle pie, the cottage pie, Cajun chicken, chilli and ginger salmon and minestrone soup and the burgers. I think thats it!! And I have adored every single one. They should pay me to promote it hahaha

I just read an article saying that people should "shop around" for a good leader before settling on a day and class. Did any of ye "shop around"?

As an aside I would completely recommend shopping around. My first leader spent the first 10 minutes asking what we had lost/gained that week (sometimes just saying it). My second leader asked the better question of "How was your week?" leaving it open if you wanted to give it and I found it a much better approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Day 2 back eating well and fourth day in a row to hit the gym, and I'm feeling alright! I've decided to give calorie counting a go with the help of My Fitness Pal, for a bit of a change, has anyone tried this before?! There's still so much crap around (unfinished tins of roses, biscuits etc.), but back to work on Monday which means back into a routine and hopefully back into better weight watching!

Taz1 wrote: »
    Day 2 back eating well and fourth day in a row to hit the gym, and I'm feeling alright! I've decided to give calorie counting a go with the help of My Fitness Pal, for a bit of a change, has anyone tried this before?! There's still so much crap around (unfinished tins of roses, biscuits etc.), but back to work on Monday which means back into a routine and hopefully back into better weight watching!

i double tracked for a while last year and found i got to eat more on mfp than ww per day but had no weeklys, if i divided the weeklys out evenly i would have been eating more on weight watchers. i found it easier to track callories than points so ive stuck to tracking with mfp and weighing in with ww also i dont post on mfp as i find people can be quite judgemental.

it takss a while to get your head around not using points but mfp has a massive data base so you dont really nèed to be working things out for yourself,

i only stick to my calories and never look at tyhe carbs fat or proteen as im only eating about half my carbs and eating over twice my proten i could change them in the settings but it counts as 0 if you quick add. my username is layviae i only use it for tracking and dont really engage with people on it but if you want to have a look at my diary add me and ill mark it open for friends, i have 5 days done this year and 2-3 weeks last november december but between january and april last year i was quite religious about filling it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Hi all, I used to go to WW before I got pregnant, now I'm a stone and a half over my pre-pregnancy weight. Although I'm breastfeeding I've lost no weight! Do Ww cater for breastfeeding mom's?

Hi all, I used to go to WW before I got pregnant, now I'm a stone and a half over my pre-pregnancy weight. Although I'm breastfeeding I've lost no weight! Do Ww cater for breastfeeding mom's?

I did ww when I was breastfeeding (it was in the old points plan) and it gave me so much energy and made me feel good that I was giving my baby the best nutrition in my milk, I'd say they still have a programme or extra points for bf moms because they try to encourage members to come back within 6 months of giving birth, my leader knew I was pregnant (I never told her but she lives up the road) so I didn't need to pay the rejoining fee as I had only stopped because they won't let us do it pregnant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I started ww last jan when my baby was 7 weeks old. I was breastfeeding at the time. You get seven pp extra a day if you're bf. I didn't really need to use those pp, coz when I started I was on a lot of pp because I was quite overweight, and I always knew I was eating enough, and nutritionally better than before I started ww.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

i double tracked for a while last year and found i got to eat more on mfp than ww per day but had no weeklys, if i divided the weeklys out evenly i would have been eating more on weight watchers. i found it easier to track callories than points so ive stuck to tracking with mfp and weighing in with ww also i dont post on mfp as i find people can be quite judgemental.

it takss a while to get your head around not using points but mfp has a massive data base so you dont really nèed to be working things out for yourself,

i only stick to my calories and never look at tyhe carbs fat or proteen as im only eating about half my carbs and eating over twice my proten i could change them in the settings but it counts as 0 if you quick add. my username is layviae i only use it for tracking and dont really engage with people on it but if you want to have a look at my diary add me and ill mark it open for friends, i have 5 days done this year and 2-3 weeks last november december but between january and april last year i was quite religious about filling it in

Thanks for that, I've added you anyway! I've WI tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see how I've done in the past 4 days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

I did the korma and loved it, but my oh wasn't keen on it. Did the chicken tangle pie, the cottage pie, Cajun chicken, chilli and ginger salmon and minestrone soup and the burgers. I think thats it!! And I have adored every single one. They should pay me to promote it hahaha

Im the same but have tweaked a couple of things. Love the ragu sauce for the leek lasagne but found leaks hard to slice in it so use sauce for bolognese instead which is delicious. The leeks don't taste very strong though at all. The sauce is very flavoursome. I love the crispy chicken but use herb and garlic Philadelphia instead of natural yoghurt as don't like Nat yoghurt flavour. Love the burgers and the parma wrapped fish. The ham and chicken tangle pie is gorgeous and also the mince and potato pies are delicious. I really hope they bring out another book as its the best diet cookbook I've ever owned.

Bought my bike yesterday so should have it delivered in next couple of weeks. Canny wait to get on it.

I know a few people had asked before for lunch ideas. I have become sick of typical salads e.g. chicken caseser salad. I came up with an alternative salad which is quick and easy to make and is delicious even though it sounds a bit weird. Its only 3 propoints as well because all you need to point is the tuna and mozzarella. I used Hellmanns extra light mayo, Kraft low fat honey and mustard dressing which I got in Dunnes and then Superquinn mozzarella which is only 2 points per serving. Tesco also do a low fat honey and mustard dressing which is 0 points per serving.

Ingredients:
    1 tin tuna, in brine
    1 tbsp light mayonnaise
    3-4 slices cucumber
    1 medium apple
    ½ red onion
    ¼ red pepper
    15ml low fat honey and mustard dressing
    20g Mozzarella
    Salt

Method:
    Slice onion, cucmber, red pepper and apple, and place in a salad bowl. Drain the tuna and add to the bowl.
    Add the mayo and dressing to the bowl and mix together. Add salt. Sprinkle with mozzarella.

Also I found this link which has a load of the Hairy Dieters recipes. Anyone who has the book, are there more recipes in the book?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/search?programmes[]=p00vq8c6

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Im the same but have tweaked a couple of things. Love the ragu sauce for the leek lasagne but found leaks hard to slice in it so use sauce for bolognese instead which is delicious. The leeks don't taste very strong though at all. The sauce is very flavoursome. I love the crispy chicken but use herb and garlic Philadelphia instead of natural yoghurt as don't like Nat yoghurt flavour. Love the burgers and the parma wrapped fish. The ham and chicken tangle pie is gorgeous and also the mince and potato pies are delicious. I really hope they bring out another book as its the best diet cookbook I've ever owned.

Bought my bike yesterday so should have it delivered in next couple of weeks. Canny wait to get on it.

I made the crispy chicken and while it was really really tasty and everything it just wouldnt go golden brown - it looked so anaemic or something on my plate. It looked nothing like their picture - did yours go golden?

Good luck with the bike - did you buy it online?
    Eabhabear wrote: »
    I know a few people had asked before for lunch ideas. I have become sick of typical salads e.g. chicken caseser salad. I came up with an alternative salad which is quick and easy to make and is delicious even though it sounds a bit weird. Its only 3 propoints as well because all you need to point is the tuna and mozzarella. I used Hellmanns extra light mayo, Kraft low fat honey and mustard dressing which I got in Dunnes and then Superquinn mozzarella which is only 2 points per serving. Tesco also do a low fat honey and mustard dressing which is 0 points per serving.

Ingredients:
    1 tin tuna, in brine
    1 tbsp light mayonnaise
    3-4 slices cucumber
    1 medium apple
    ½ red onion
    ¼ red pepper
    15ml low fat honey and mustard dressing
    20g Mozzarella
    Salt

Method:
    Slice onion, cucmber, red pepper and apple, and place in a salad bowl. Drain the tuna and add to the bowl.
    Add the mayo and dressing to the bowl and mix together. Add salt. Sprinkle with mozzarella.

Also I found this link which has a load of the Hairy Dieters recipes. Anyone who has the book, are there more recipes in the book?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/search?programmes[]=p00vq8c6

There are loads more in the book but def a good selection there. I think there are a couple there not in the book too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 purdy nolan

Trying to get back on the wagon for the new year.. how many pro points are in large bottles of bulmers berries. I just cant work out points for drink...

Advertisement