Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

I made the crispy chicken and while it was really really tasty and everything it just wouldnt go golden brown - it looked so anaemic or something on my plate. It looked nothing like their picture - did yours go golden?

Good luck with the bike - did you buy it online?

No mine isn't that golden either. Super tasty though. Just made minced beef and potato pies. Yum.

Got it from Amazon as it was way cheaper than shops here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

deni86 wrote: »
    I have just started back at ww and I really want to give up the smokes... Just wondering if I did give them up now would it slow down my weight loss? If anyone has any advice or experience with this I would love to hear from them

For me, it was too hard to concentrate on doing both things at the same time. I lost 3 stone at WW and then stopped going, let things get on top of me, turned to food again during a hell of a year and put almost all of it back on again. But, in that time, I managed to give up smoking. I have no idea how I did, and I'm extremely proud of myself for doing it.

I'm back at WW now (at home) and I'm 100% focused on that and I'm finding myself so much more motivated. So I'd say, if you want to give up smoking, then put all your energy into that for a little while. The benefits of giving the smokes up far outweigh the benefits of losing weight, and when you tackle them, you'll be able to start your weightloss with that extra little bit of confidence knowing you can succeed at something by putting your mind to it.

Don't take that as Gospel - that's just been my experience. Others may be completely different, but I just think sometimes we can put too much pressure on ourselves to do everything NOW. The very best of luck whatever you decide x

PS - For giving up smoking, I can't recommend Allen Carr's EasyWay to Stop Smoking book enough. Read it cover to cover in one sitting in May and haven't had the desire to light up since, and highly doubt I ever will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

donnamc5 wrote: »
    No mine isn't that golden either. Super tasty though. Just made minced beef and potato pies. Yum.

I'm planning on making them next weekend. They sound delish. How did they turn out, did you follow the recipe to a tee?

I also am planning on making homemade wedges and chicken goujons. What do people use to spray on the wedges to get them crispy brown? The recipe says olive oil but I was wondering if there's an alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Got the hairy dieters for xmas looking forward to trying things out have any of you pointed the mince and potato pies they look yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I made the pies today! They we're delicious but I had to do it as one large pie and found it hard to serve!

• Advertisement

I made the pies today! They we're delicious but I had to do it as one large pie and found it hard to serve!

Did you follow the recipe exact? Or did you alternate it in anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Well I made it for three and added more mince, no spuds Cos im trying not to have too many carbs. I made it as one large pie, not individual. But it would definitely be easier to serve individually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Eabhabear wrote: »

I'm planning on making them next weekend. They sound delish. How did they turn out, did you follow the recipe to a tee?

I also am planning on making homemade wedges and chicken goujons. What do people use to spray on the wedges to get them crispy brown? The recipe says olive oil but I was wondering if there's an alternative?

I followed the recipe exactly. Messy coating everything but worth it. They were crispy and tasty but the never really browned. I found for oven wedges they never go as crispy as you like and I got just as good results using fry lite as I did oil. I got an actifry for Xmas and loving that so much!! Much crispier chips and wedges!!

Eabhabear wrote: »

I followed the pie filling almost exactly, just replaced celery with leeks as oh sick of celery. I also use my own dough recipe for pie as the recipe one didn't work for me last time. My dough mix which is also my pizza base mix is 250g flour and pinch of salt in processor with prewhisked 175ml water, a tablespoon of olive oil, half tablespoon of golden brown sugar and 3.5g yeast. This makes 4 pies and can be frozen for another day once made. I divide pie ingredients into 4 not 6 as in book and I think it works out about 11 or 12 points each but so filling and yummy you feel like you're eating something really unhealthy and you won't need anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Finally back to reality, Haven't even looked at this forum since early Decemeber. I had lost 10lbs down but I just went downhill each and every day & didn't go to a meeting since. Have 7lb back up since then...BUT today's the day - I'm back on track, going to meeting tomorrow night, going to avoid the alcohol for the rest of January, start cooking again & back to the running. Hope to get the 7lb off again by the end of January.

Going to by the Hairy dieters today after all the good reports. Best of luck to everyone for 2013!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

For me, it was too hard to concentrate on doing both things at the same time. I lost 3 stone at WW and then stopped going, let things get on top of me, turned to food again during a hell of a year and put almost all of it back on again. But, in that time, I managed to give up smoking. I have no idea how I did, and I'm extremely proud of myself for doing it.

I'm back at WW now (at home) and I'm 100% focused on that and I'm finding myself so much more motivated. So I'd say, if you want to give up smoking, then put all your energy into that for a little while. The benefits of giving the smokes up far outweigh the benefits of losing weight, and when you tackle them, you'll be able to start your weightloss with that extra little bit of confidence knowing you can succeed at something by putting your mind to it.

Don't take that as Gospel - that's just been my experience. Others may be completely different, but I just think sometimes we can put too much pressure on ourselves to do everything NOW. The very best of luck whatever you decide x

PS - For giving up smoking, I can't recommend Allen Carr's EasyWay to Stop Smoking book enough. Read it cover to cover in one sitting in May and haven't had the desire to light up since, and highly doubt I ever will.

Wow you sound exactly like me!
    I had been doing WW for about a year when I read Allen Carr's book one rainy day in January and have never smoked another cigarette. And never will.

I actually found it helpful to be doing WW at the same time as it gave me something to focus on other than not smoking.

I don't think it impacted my weight loss either - but as with everyone - this is what worked for me, everyone is different.

I have to say though that I'm more proud of giving up smoking than losing the 40lbs I lost during my stint at WW.
    I have a few lbs on again so going back to WW next week - but I'm still a happy non-smoker!

;)

Down 3.2lbs this week which is the vast majority of my christmas gain so very happy with that. I only started last Wednesday so that's not even a full week. Just goes to show what difference staying away from the booze makes after the holidays lol Fingers crossed you all have a similar WI to me this week as I think it was a lot of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I made the hairy biker korma last week, cooked it with quorn chicken (as I'm veggie) and then with ordinary chicken for my friends who were over. Everyone raved about it! And it feels really luxurious-a real fakeaway! Definitely going to have to give the pies a go with the quorn mince - sounds amazerbeams! I've really enjoyed the hairy biker show, they are dotes and really sensible about weight loss, and they look so well after their efforts-very inspirational.

I made yummy 3pp apple bran and buttermilk muffins over the weekend - they use applesauce instead of oil and butter and only one egg, and they are full of healthy, slow release grains. They really fill me up and I've started to have one after zero pp soup for a yummy, filling and very low pp lunch!

Natmus: fair play for getting back on track - the weight will fly off and look at it this way, you've a head start on where you were the last time, so it'll be even easier now! Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

just got a text from ww 7 pre pay classes for the price of 5 that will bring you up to valentines day.

I love the motivation in WW in january - all the new people signing up may mean huge queues but there is def a buzz in the air. You can even see it on the thread and everythign. Have my WI tomorrow and since i had a STS last week I'd be ahppy with any sort of a loss. Been pretty good - did have a few treats over the weekend, but all counted and still have 18 weeklies leftover. Have no plans to use those before WI too. Also upped my exercise this week so feeling good about that.

In terms of goal setting, just looking for thoughts on this. My ultimate goal is 10stone - but my leader has my goal down at 10st3.5lbs (4 stone from my starting weight). I was considering just leaving my WW goal as that and then losing the last 3.5 on my own. I'd like to have a bit of a buffer for my goal too - a little more than the usual 5lbs. The only thing I am worried about is complacency - if I have my gold card will my motivation to actually get to the 10stone mark die a little? Has anyone got 2 diff goals - a WW one and a personal one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I love the motivation in WW in january - all the new people signing up may mean huge queues but there is def a buzz in the air. You can even see it on the thread and everythign. Have my WI tomorrow and since i had a STS last week I'd be ahppy with any sort of a loss. Been pretty good - did have a few treats over the weekend, but all counted and still have 18 weeklies leftover. Have no plans to use those before WI too. Also upped my exercise this week so feeling good about that.

In terms of goal setting, just looking for thoughts on this. My ultimate goal is 10stone - but my leader has my goal down at 10st3.5lbs (4 stone from my starting weight). I was considering just leaving my WW goal as that and then losing the last 3.5 on my own. I'd like to have a bit of a buffer for my goal too - a little more than the usual 5lbs. The only thing I am worried about is complacency - if I have my gold card will my motivation to actually get to the 10stone mark die a little? Has anyone got 2 diff goals - a WW one and a personal one?

Isn't the motivation brilliant at the minute? Everyone's in a great healthy mood! My WW had me at 11 stone, now I know for a fact that I look extremely gaunt in the face at that, so my personal goal is 12 stone. Can you get your leader to change your goal to 10 stone? Even if they don't, I don't think you would get complacent, you've done amazingly well since you started this.

I'm really jealous of all of you who are on your second week of the new year. I still have to endure my first post Christmas WI. I'm likely to be up about 4/5 lbs. I'm not waiting until tomorrow to get back in track. I'm starting today.

Isn't the motivation brilliant at the minute? Everyone's in a great healthy mood! My WW had me at 11 stone, now I know for a fact that I look extremely gaunt in the face at that, so my personal goal is 12 stone. Can you get your leader to change your goal to 10 stone? Even if they don't, I don't think you would get complacent, you've done amazingly well since you started this.

Its more just that i'd really like to not have to pay -and also if i get down lower than my official WW goal just gives me a little more comfort room. I know she would change my goal to 10 if I really wanted her too - but the 10 a week is tough to keep up with!

Its more just that i'd really like to not have to pay -and also if i get down lower than my official WW goal just gives me a little more comfort room. I know she would change my goal to 10 if I really wanted her too - but the 10 a week is tough to keep up with!

I definitely wouldn't change it as 3.5lbs isn't that much different and the last few lbs can take longer to lose. You can go 5lbs under/above your goal weight. It would be a waste of money to change it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

donnamc5 wrote: »

what happens if a warranty part breaks ???

who will you get to put it together ??

if it's in a box and you get your other half to assemble it , then you lose all your warranty , just hope the extra few quid was worth it

• Advertisement

what happens if a warranty part breaks ???

who will you get to put it together ??

if it's in a box and you get your other half to assemble it , then you lose all your warranty , just hope the extra few quid was worth it

I'm a big girl so I can handle it thanks for your concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

anybody using the Ultimate value diary app ??

http://www.ultimatevaluediary.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

anybody using the Ultimate value diary app ??

http://www.ultimatevaluediary.com/

Yes and I love it! Now, I don't trust their calculator because I generally prefer the official WW ones (more accurate) but I've found that I can save all the foods and meals I eat really frequently (like eggs, quorn, English muffins, 60g pasta) and track in a matter of seconds. I've only been using it for about two and a half weeks, but I find it great. Perhaps I'm mistaken about the calculators accuracy but I feel better safe than sorry! I used to lose the wee green booklets every week and then stop tracking because of it (excuses excuses). Now my tracker is constantly in the iPhone and it takes about ten seconds to stay up to date. I recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Yea i use the ultimate value diary for tracking and id be lost with out it, i would recommend it to anyone. I do use the calculator alot but always a bit unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

If 150g of potatos is 3pp does that make 300g 6pp or would they be 5 or 7?

deni86 wrote: »
    If 150g of potatos is 3pp does that make 300g 6pp or would they be 5 or 7?

As far as I have always been told its 50g raw potato is 1pp - and then multiply accordingly. The most I have had in one day is 300g and I have counted this as 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

As far as I have always been told its 50g raw potato is 1pp - and then multiply accordingly. The most I have had in one day is 300g and I have counted this as 6.

Thank you, im a chip monster lol so I made 300g worth in the oven and was hoping it was 6 and not 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Hi All. I have been going to WW meetings since October. No mention of goal weight yet. Do I need to broach the subject or does the leader? Do I have to reach 10% loss first or how does it work? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I'm a happy camper this evening :) and also SO glad I decided to grin an bare going back to meetings last week, lost the 4lb since last Thursdays WI, that I put on over the 2 weeks of Christmas, and with that back to my goal weight. Now to keep the motivation up! :D Best of luck to all with the fresh start this week.

• Advertisement

Hi All. I have been going to WW meetings since October. No mention of goal weight yet. Do I need to broach the subject or does the leader? Do I have to reach 10% loss first or how does it work? Thanks.

Do you have much to lose? Some leaders don't like to broach the subject until you get closer as it can be really daunting. They'd rather you focus on smaller goals. When I first joined, my leader set it at a stone loss and then readjusted as we went. When I rejoined just before Christmas, my new leader never said anything to me. I know roughly as to what I want to get to myself. Maybe have a think about what you'd like to be and just keep at the back of you head!

Advertisement