Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Eabhabear wrote: »

Do you have much to lose? Some leaders don't like to broach the subject until you get closer as it can be really daunting. They'd rather you focus on smaller goals. When I first joined, my leader set it at a stone loss and then readjusted as we went. When I rejoined just before Christmas, my new leader never said anything to me. I know roughly as to what I want to get to myself. Maybe have a think about what you'd like to be and just keep at the back of you head!
    Hi
    Thanks. I started at 13 stone and am down just over one stone so around the 12 mark. Looking at getting to about 10.7 which is in my head but I didn't know if she just hasn't spoken to me or if I need to let her know and go from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Hi
    Thanks. I started at 13 stone and am down just over one stone so around the 12 mark. Looking at getting to about 10.7 which is in my head but I didn't know if she just hasn't spoken to me or if I need to let her know and go from there?

I'd definitely say it to her as you're close enough. Most leaders will set it at what you're comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

In terms of goal setting, just looking for thoughts on this. My ultimate goal is 10stone - but my leader has my goal down at 10st3.5lbs (4 stone from my starting weight). I was considering just leaving my WW goal as that and then losing the last 3.5 on my own. I'd like to have a bit of a buffer for my goal too - a little more than the usual 5lbs. The only thing I am worried about is complacency - if I have my gold card will my motivation to actually get to the 10stone mark die a little? Has anyone got 2 diff goals - a WW one and a personal one?

I was in a similiar situation the closer to goal I got. I ended up setting my goal lower than I needed to (9.10) and found it quite hard to get to. It was at the start of the summer too so all started to get a bit hectic then! I went from being about a pound or two off, and with holidays and that, ended up finding myself 5,6,7 pounds off! So my leader suggested bringing it back up to 9.12 and I eventually got down to it.
    Being honest, those last few pounds took AGES! I was up and down constantly and started to lose motivation.. Like you I also wanted a bit of a buffer and actually managed to get to 9.10 at one point after getting to goal but didn't stay at that for long.
    I got to goal over 2 months ago and still havent started the maintenance process as the build up to Christmas has thrown me up and down. I did become a bit umotivated at goal as I felt I had nothing to work for but I could feel bad habits creeping in with that attitude and have decided that what I'm working for now is a flattering new dress to wear to my sisters 21st in 2 weeks time. Here goes anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

All this talk of goal setting has me thinking! Does anyone know if one can set their ultimate goal at something that leaves you with a BMI >25? I know it might sound ridiculous to some, but makes lots of sense to me. Someone else mentioned something similar earlier today. My BMI would be in the healthy range if I weighed 12 st 1 or less, but I've been here before (many moons ago), and it didn't suit me really, and I also don't think it would be that sustainable for me. I intend to aim for 13 stone and then see how I feel, and if I want to drop more, ill take it half stone at a time.
    I know if I reach my own personal goal and don't get a gold card, ill stop going to ww. I'm not forking out that tenner a week for ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

I have my first weigh in after Xmas today dreading it now as I had 2lb just after Xmas and was delighted and did I get tracking and eat proper no I didn't ate more! Could not get enough chocolate granted my 'others' arrived after being absent for nearly 18 months! (had baby) Reading everyone doing brilliant has spurred me on want to get to goal. I wasn't told mine either seen it on the screen and questioned her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Taz1 wrote: »
    I was in a similiar situation the closer to goal I got. I ended up setting my goal lower than I needed to (9.10) and found it quite hard to get to. It was at the start of the summer too so all started to get a bit hectic then! I went from being about a pound or two off, and with holidays and that, ended up finding myself 5,6,7 pounds off! So my leader suggested bringing it back up to 9.12 and I eventually got down to it.
    Being honest, those last few pounds took AGES! I was up and down constantly and started to lose motivation.. Like you I also wanted a bit of a buffer and actually managed to get to 9.10 at one point after getting to goal but didn't stay at that for long.
    I got to goal over 2 months ago and still havent started the maintenance process as the build up to Christmas has thrown me up and down. I did become a bit umotivated at goal as I felt I had nothing to work for but I could feel bad habits creeping in with that attitude and have decided that what I'm working for now is a flattering new dress to wear to my sisters 21st in 2 weeks time. Here goes anyway!

If i actually think back to last time I got close to goal a similar thing happened. The closest I ever got to goal was 10stone 1/2 a pound - but that was for one week and I was back up - i yoyoed for a couple of months never hitting the 10 stone mark and then got fed up and gave up on weight watchers and a year later went travelling and came back 14 stone 3lbs!!

Maybe I am not meant to be 10 stone and I know I can hit 10stone 3.5lbs - so going to leave that as my goal with WW and do what i can to get to 10stone on my own after.

In terms of when I saw what she had my goal as, it was only discussed when it flashed up on the screen that I was within 7lbs of goal - she had me originally at 10stone 7lbs - but I want to at least get the 4stone mark so she changed it to 10 stone 3.5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

I've set my own goal but I do weightwatchers online so a bit easier I guess. The healthy weight range for my height- 5'3 is 8st1lb to 10st1lb so I've chosen the midwayish point and my goal is 9stone. For my frame and from my own experience that is actually a great weight for me (don't wanna lose me boobs and booty completely) and before I put weight on I managed to hover between 9 and 9st7lbs for years so I know it is achievable and maintainable once I get there. This year boys and girls I'm gonna do it. I hope you're all with me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Ye are all answering questions here I didn't even know I had! My initial goal set by the computer was 11st4lbs. I got there just before Christmas and asked to push my goal on a little, it is currently at 10st11lbs. See, when I first started ww (when I was 19 and skinnier than I am now after 16.5 lbs lost!!) I weighed 10st13 lbs and my goal was 10st2lbs, do that's where I'd like to be now. I have a thing in my head about it, but I'm also aware that at my lightest ever adult weight I was around 10 and a half, four lbs off goal. So I'm wondering should I just accept the next goal beyond 10'11 and accept whatever that is? Or aim for the big goal? I'm 5'8" so I am we'll within a healthy range for my height, no matter what I choose.

Or, indeed, focus on my rowel, immediate goal, which is to get into the ten stone bracket in the next few weeks! Only 4lbs and I'm ten stone something for the first time in aa out six years! Exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hmmm all this goal talk is interesting.

I got within 7 lbs of my goal weight and my leader still didn't even mention it to me.
    I asked her what it was when I was about 6lbs away and she kinda brushed it off which I found very demotivating.

I think that's part of the reason that I stopped going, but I have to go back to her as we don't have many leaders to choose from in the north west :(

Just out of curiosity is there anyone here who's about 5'5"? I would like to see what goal, people who are the same height, have set. My initial goal is 11st and then I'm going to see how I get on on the 10's. I know I'll never be a skinny minny and I don't think it'd suit me as well. Might set it as 10st 7lbs for now and see. It's still a long way off though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

As far as i know the goal that the computer sets for you in weight watchers is a BMI of 25 (im 5'3"). I reached this November last it was 10st and my leader suggested reducing it in order to have a BMI of 23 so its down to 9st 8lbs. unfortunatly after christmas i put on a few pounds so i now have 8lbs to get to goal but like the rest of you im going to do it :) I know i could have said that 10st was fine and get my goal card but i was worried that i would loose motivation and I think it makes sense to be a BMI of 23 because it gives you a bit to play around with where if i stopped at 10st if i put on a pound all of a sudden im overweight again (BMI wise) best of luck to everyone

Just out of curiosity is there anyone here who's about 5'5"? I would like to see what goal, people who are the same height, have set. My initial goal is 11st and then I'm going to see how I get on on the 10's. I know I'll never be a skinny minny and I don't think it'd suit me as well. Might set it as 10st 7lbs for now and see. It's still a long way off though.

I'm 5'5" too - like you I will never be a skinny minny. My mum is the same height as me and she got down to 9stone at one point and I always thought it was far too thin I wouldn't be comfortable/able to maintain at that weight. FOr me my love handles are my least favourite part and I need to get below 10st7 to see a shift in them - otherwise I would probably be happy enough at 10st7. I know BMI can be considered inaccurate but I also do want to be comfortably within a healthy BMI!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lorelei_lee

Hi ya,

Bit of a lurker on this thread but thought I'd try and join in!

I'm 5'5" and my leader set my goal at 10st 10 but now that I'm within reach (I'm 3.5lbs away) she wants to lower it to 10st. I originally thought that she was mental but I still appear to be losing from 1.5lb - 2.5lbs per week (on 26pp per day and eat all of my weeklies) but now that I'm this close I think I'll go for it. :)

2012 was one hell of a year for me as it was like something inside me snapped and I just knew I had to do something about my weight. Having been 'big boned' all my life, I have never been anything lower than a size 16. I re-joined WW in Jan last year with a view to losing some of the weight and to date I have lost 68lbs (from a size 20 - 22 to a size 12 - `14)! :o

I've been following this thread for a while but I hope you don't mind me joining in... I guess I decided to post for that extra bit of motivation to get me over my final hurdle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I'm 5"5 and my goal is 10 stone as I got there before with WW so I know I can do it. Granted the last time I only had a stone to lose. I think my problem was that I got to 10 the last time and then kept pushing myself to get to 9 1/2 and when it got too hard I quit. Over the following 4 years, with starting office jobs and travelling, I put on 2.5 stone so now I have a bigger hill to climb. It is falling off very slowly this time. I don't know if its because I am older or have less self control. This time when I get to 10 I am going to maintain for a while and then see if I want to go to 9 1/2. At the moment though, that sames like a long way away.

I got to weigh myself over the weekend and was gutted to see I'd put on half a stone. I was so mad with myself as I had to work so hard to lose that in the first place. Anyway, I got over it as I had a wonderful Christmas and there is nothing I can do about it now except get back to the grindstone and lose it again.

I went to the gym yesterday before work and then did the 500 day. It was tough and when I got home, I was falling asleep on the couch at 7.30pm despite having plenty of sleep on Sunday night. My boyfriend made me eat a small slice of his pizza as he was worried about me being so tired. So I went over the 500 but not by much. Today I've had porridge fruit and my WW pitta and salad so far. I have chicken for dinner and I am perusing some WW websites for a tasty dinner for after spin class.

I have to weigh myself on Thursday morning as the two of us are off for a romantic long weekend Thursday afternoon. We plan to do plenty of walking and activities so I hope the weekend doesn't effect my weight loss.

Anyway that's my weekly essay :) Happy weightwatching to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

Thanks for your kind comments and support! After a day or two of panic I'm flailing only a little (eating one or two things before I knew the propoints and learning my lesson well. DON'T TRUST APPLE TURNOVERS. They look small but they're LETHAL) and falling back on the meals a bit, but still truckin'. Glad now that I didn't give up.

That said, it took 5 days, but the hunger's finally hit. Proper hunger, not just craving. Do you all ever get worried about maybe eating too many 0 points things?

I'm just after looking and I'd be at a healthy bmi at 10st 10lbs so I think I'll aim for that. I think after that maintaining and toning will probably be better than trying to keep going lower.

Cavangal don't worry about the gain. At least you faced the scales before doing further damage.

Thanks for your kind comments and support! After a day or two of panic I'm flailing only a little (eating one or two things before I knew the propoints and learning my lesson well. DON'T TRUST APPLE TURNOVERS. They look small but they're LETHAL) and falling back on the meals a bit, but still truckin'. Glad now that I didn't give up.

That said, it took 5 days, but the hunger's finally hit. Proper hunger, not just craving. Do you all ever get worried about maybe eating too many 0 points things?

One thing about the hunger - it may pass, your body is used to eating different types/amounts of food and it will take a while to adjust. The best way to combat this is to make sure you eat ALL your daily propoints. Try to spread them throughout your meals and not to save the bulk of them for one meal. Snacksfruit is great for snacks - i try to keep my propoints for meals and one treat in the evening and go with 0pp snacks otherwise. But when I was on more daily pp I would usually use 1 or 2 pp during the day for a snack too. Weeklies don't have to be all used but dont be afraid to use them if you need them if you are struggling one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

Was down 2.5lb last night! delighted! Needed a good start to the year so that has set me off well! Going to try get my next silver 7 by the end of January! 6.5lb to go! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Oh I meant to ask, if I start going to the gym in the morning, I will eat my breakfast after at work. Can anyone suggest something handy but filling to have for breakfast? I don't have access to a microwave but do have hot water and low fat milk. Around 5 points would be great.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Hello! Hope to be joining you guys in this thread around next week!

Not sure if this site has been mentioned, but if you're looking for more recipes etc with the WW points system, i discovered www.skinnytaste.com about a month ago and from spending a lot of time looking at the recipes, i feel confident (for once!) going on a diet!

Good luck to everyone! Looking forward to hearing about your successes and hopefully sharing mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Is frozen veg free? Because on the pack it works out at 1pp per 100g so im confused about it

deni86 wrote: »
    Is frozen veg free? Because on the pack it works out at 1pp per 100g so im confused about it

All veg has nutritional information - just the fresh stuff doesnt have it listed. If the ingredients on the frozen veg pack is only 0pp veg and nothing else then its 0pp - some may have added oil or flavourings which may make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Happy New Year all :D

It has been soooo long since I last posted that I think there have been 2 new threads made in the meantime :rolleyes: I have not been to a ww meeting since mid last year. I was following unislim online for a few weeks and I found it very good but as with everything else I gave up on it after about 3 weeks!!
    Anyway I am back on the wagon since Saturday and I am determined to stay on it this time!! I am not looking at it as a diet anymore but as a new way of living!! A few of my friends who have always been bigger than me have lost 2.5 stone since Sept 2012 so it has kinda given me the kick up the ass that I need to cop on and stop saying "I can't do it"!!
    I am not actually following the ww programme at the moment but I am eating healthy and exercising.

Can anyone suggest any mid morning snacks or lunch ideas that don't involve bread?? I have IBS and fruit and salads seem to affect my stomach a lot so I am trying to avoid eating these foods. It is hard to think of snacks other than fruit though!?!

I am doing bridesmaid in 5 weeks and would love to be down even half a stone by then.
    Any advice/encouragement would be most welcome:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Yea i use the ultimate value diary for tracking and id be lost with out it, i would recommend it to anyone. I do use the calculator alot but always a bit unsure.

yeah i know what you mean , i used the barcode pointer on goodfellas mini pizza's it came out at 11pp but when i used the ww calculator it said 10 pp , so i'll point all my stuff from the ww calculator and store it on the ultimate value guide , i know its only 1 pp in the diff but that could be the diff in losing and gaining

Boop22 wrote: »
    Happy New Year all :D

It has been soooo long since I last posted that I think there have been 2 new threads made in the meantime :rolleyes: I have not been to a ww meeting since mid last year. I was following unislim online for a few weeks and I found it very good but as with everything else I gave up on it after about 3 weeks!!
    Anyway I am back on the wagon since Saturday and I am determined to stay on it this time!! I am not looking at it as a diet anymore but as a new way of living!! A few of my friends who have always been bigger than me have lost 2.5 stone since Sept 2012 so it has kinda given me the kick up the ass that I need to cop on and stop saying "I can't do it"!!
    I am not actually following the ww programme at the moment but I am eating healthy and exercising.

Can anyone suggest any mid morning snacks or lunch ideas that don't involve bread?? I have IBS and fruit and salads seem to affect my stomach a lot so I am trying to avoid eating these foods. It is hard to think of snacks other than fruit though!?!

I am doing bridesmaid in 5 weeks and would love to be down even half a stone by then.
    Any advice/encouragement would be most welcome:p

Welcome back! Half a stone is definitely doable in 5 weeks!

When you say you are doing it on your own through healthy eating are you calorie counting? How do you decide portion control - I only ask is that was the trouble when I did it without WW. I was eating healthy but still too much so just something to watch.

For morning snacks yoghurt is good if you can eat that - sugar free jelly, a few nuts (not too many), a piece of cheese like a babybel.

Thanks Tiny Penguin, I hope you are doing well :)

I am just sticking to my meals to be honest and trying to reduce my carbs intake. I haven't being counting calories but I suppose I probably should. I just get so fed up of counting points or calories. Thanks for the tips for the snacks. A typical days food would be Breakfast : all bran or boiled egg on toast, soup and ryvita for lunch and chicken, baby potatoes and veg for dinner. I have cut out snacking except for my 11am break and I don't eat after 6pm generally.

But I think maybe you are right and I should start counting cals just to be on the safe side....

I am just sticking to my meals to be honest and trying to reduce my carbs intake. I haven't being counting calories but I suppose I probably should. I just get so fed up of counting points or calories. Thanks for the tips for the snacks. A typical days food would be Breakfast : all bran or boiled egg on toast, soup and ryvita for lunch and chicken, baby potatoes and veg for dinner. I have cut out snacking except for my 11am break and I don't eat after 6pm generally.

But I think maybe you are right and I should start counting cals just to be on the safe side....

I'd say give it a go for a while without counting cals to see how you get on. Your typical day sounds grand as long as the portions aren't out of control. I know what you mean about counting points and calories - it makes it seem like work. I was only going on my own previous experience - i know loads of people who can do it without counting anything!!

Welcome back :) Don't hesitate to post here because at the end of the day we're all in the same boat.

I would definitely count your calories as people often think they're eating healthily but when you look at the food label they get a huge shock. You should give myfitness pal a go. I used it last year and it can be handy to have.

You should give myfitness pal a go. I used it last year and it can be handy to have.

Thanks Eabhabear, I used that before, maybe I will give it a try again! It's great just to be back on this thread to get tips and support from others, I have missed it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

And the good news is I only gained 1lb over Xmas deligted and focused i want my 4th silver 7 in the next few weeks. Im 5ft 7 and now 12st 1 so want to get into the 11,s soon and my goal on ww screen is 10st 11 I was thinking 10st 7 but would like a gold card sooner :)

Advertisement