Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rawwrrrr

Hey guys. Ok so I had a ridiculous ten day period over Christmas where I ate everything in sight, and it literally just finished 2 days ago.- I mean everything- had a 3 course dinner everyday, at least 2 bars of chocolate per day, 4 bowls of cereal per day and about a billion other unhealthy snacks- you get the picture! I put it down to stress- I had a really stressful Christmas this year and sadly food is my way out! Anyway I finally plucked the courage to go on the scales yesterday, genuinly expecting at least a 3 pound gain.. I had actually lost a pound?! This was ridic, so I weighed myself again this morning, and I actually did manage to lose weight. I have NO IDEA HOW. Anyway it's given me the kick up the ass to start eatnig properly again, and exercising has begun! Hope all is well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Welcome back :) Don't hesitate to post here because at the end of the day we're all in the same boat.

I would definitely count your calories as people often think they're eating healthily but when you look at the food label they get a huge shock. You should give myfitness pal a go. I used it last year and it can be handy to have.

I started using my fitness pal last week, counting calories instead of points and managed to lose 4 pounds in 4 days. Seems to be working well so far, but still early days!
    rawwrrrr wrote: »
    Hey guys. Ok so I had a ridiculous ten day period over Christmas where I ate everything in sight, and it literally just finished 2 days ago.- I mean everything- had a 3 course dinner everyday, at least 2 bars of chocolate per day, 4 bowls of cereal per day and about a billion other unhealthy snacks- you get the picture! I put it down to stress- I had a really stressful Christmas this year and sadly food is my way out! Anyway I finally plucked the courage to go on the scales yesterday, genuinly expecting at least a 3 pound gain.. I had actually lost a pound?! This was ridic, so I weighed myself again this morning, and I actually did manage to lose weight. I have NO IDEA HOW. Anyway it's given me the kick up the ass to start eatnig properly again, and exercising has begun! Hope all is well :)

I'm sorry but, you jammy so and so! ;) Only joking... HOW did you manage that?! I had the same experience over Christmas, ate all around me and then some for the guts of the 2 week period, and was up 4lb!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rawwrrrr

Taz1 wrote: »
    I started using my fitness pal last week, counting calories instead of points and managed to lose 4 pounds in 4 days. Seems to be working well so far, but still early days!

I'm sorry but, you jammy so and so! ;) Only joking... HOW did you manage that?! I had the same experience over Christmas, ate all around me and then some for the guts of the 2 week period, and was up 4lb!

I honestly dont have a clue! Seriously! Most of the time I gain if I eat a bar of chocolate! Trying low carb now to shock my body

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Thanks for all the advice re goal weight. I am going to speak with my leader on thursday about it. I need to set the goal and have it to aim for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

All this talk of goal is making me depressed :(

When I started WW, my goal was never discussed, probably because I was so far off it, but I saw it on the screen and it was 9 stone 9lb. I'm 5ft3 and the lowest weight I remember being was around 13 stone when I was about 13 years old. So have absolutely no idea what 9 stone 9 will look on my body. I think I am around 16 stone 12lb now so I have over 7 stone to lose :(

Re-joining WW tomorrow after 6 month break and 2 stone gain. Feel ready to start this journey again even though I have to lose weight I have already lost which is depressing, I am still down 1 stone 5lb (ish) from my original weight when I joined (18 stone 3lb) so need to think positively. Going to join as a new member so I can start afresh and here's hoping to a great first week loss tomorrow week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Hi all I havnt posted here in a good while. Got to goal last year and have been maintaining fairly steadily but that all went out the window at the start of december!! Heading back to ww tomorrow to face the music after a month of gorging! Actually looking forward to it, want to feel fit and healthy again :-) I set my target at 10st 8 after telling leader I was 5ft 6 but have since discovered I'm 5ft 5 so that'll have to change! I must be shrinking ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Monife wrote: »

When I started WW, my goal was never discussed, probably because I was so far off it, but I saw it on the screen and it was 9 stone 9lb. I'm 5ft3 and the lowest weight I remember being was around 13 stone when I was about 13 years old. So have absolutely no idea what 9 stone 9 will look on my body. I think I am around 16 stone 12lb now so I have over 7 stone to lose :(

Re-joining WW tomorrow after 6 month break and 2 stone gain. Feel ready to start this journey again even though I have to lose weight I have already lost which is depressing, I am still down 1 stone 5lb (ish) from my original weight when I joined (18 stone 3lb) so need to think positively. Going to join as a new member so I can start afresh and here's hoping to a great first week loss tomorrow week :)

Don't be overwhelmed by the goal weight.

I started at 16 stone and I broke it down into small goals. Initially I wanted to be in the twelve stones but I did get down to my WW goal of 10stone.

Just start afresh at the weight you are now. I do that regularly! :rolleyes:

Best of luck!

Two days back at work, lost the run of myself a little because I was mega stressed but think I have it under control. Only issue is no exercise today, waaay too busy. But big gym weights and cardio session planned for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ANOTHER STS this week - am not happy. Was soo good that it should have been a loss. I am telling myself last weeks STS was a false reading and so I may have lost what I really put on over xmas. I am hoping thats the explanation anyway! Tracking everything again this week and hope it pays off next week.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

This was exactly like me. After 2 years of not being on WW I was up 3.5 stone. If I had continued as I was going I'd be 3.5 heavier again in another 2 years. I want to get back done now.

Be positive, you've done it before so you can do it again, only this time when you start to lose you can think about how you felt when the weight went back on and hopefully it'll keep you away from any temptations. :)

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I never thought I'd be happy to say this but I was up 3.5lbs tonight! I was so relieved as I thought it'd be 6/7lbs. My aim for next week is to try and lose that 3.5lbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hi everyone. New to this forum. I re-joined WW this week. Have to say I was shocked at my weight, I had an idea of what I was but it turns out I was over half a stone out, and in the wrong direction too.

I'm 13 stone and I'm 4ft 11. My 5% goal is 9lbs and I'm hoping I can reach it in about 4 weeks.

My target weight is 8 stone 12, so I've just over 4 stone to lose. It's a little bit daunting and I'm not sure how I'll look at that weight because I've been hovering between 12 and 13 stone for ages.

I wasn't going to stay for my meeting this evening because the queue was so long for WIs but I'm glad I did as it was really motivating. It was about how WW is for the year and not just January. Forget about the past. You are what you are now and you need to focus on the year ahead. Like doctorwhogirl said, just set a small goal for now and go from there :) I'm feeling really good about this year. Here's to us all getting to goal :)
    ANOTHER STS this week - am not happy. Was soo good that it should have been a loss. I am telling myself last weeks STS was a false reading and so I may have lost what I really put on over xmas. I am hoping thats the explanation anyway! Tracking everything again this week and hope it pays off next week.....

Definitely keep at it as your good week last week and your good week this week could see a nice loss on the scales next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I really need to work on my ability to resist nice food at work. I brought my lunch the last couple of days, and didn't bring money, but a box of friggin quality st appeared on the wards today and I couldn't keep my nose out of it.
    Maybe I need to consider leaving work....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

When I was working I found the opposite, I ate less - just had my 3 meals and some fruit during the day. I'm unemployed now and I've piled on weight, probably about a stone in the last year. I really need to find other things to occupy my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Best of luck with the re join tomorrow! I think it will do you good to start afresh so that you're not always looking back on how much you had lost before!! Just get into the right mindset and you'll do great. You did it before and you CAN do it again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

bb86 wrote: »
    Hi Gragirl, I'm the same height/weight as yourself and am hoping to run the Limerick half marathon in May so hoping to lose the weight before that and we defo can do it! :D

To be honest I was feeling quite sluggish and bloated since xmas & dreading my weigh in next wk but I've been really encouraged from reading the posts from everyone over the past few days! Someone said in one of the posts 2013 is their yr to get to goal then I wanna join in 2!!! We can do this, PMA all the way!!! Thanks guys think I'm ready to be back on track!! Love this forum!!! ;)

Hey BB86. We can sooooo do it!!! ;) That bloated sluggish feeling has been horrible... not to mind the tightness of my clothes.... but its also motivation. I also went back to my running club on Monday... back to being last in the pack.... but at least I'm there. The gang I usually run with have decided to set a few mini goals.... End of jan on sun we are meeting to do about 7k run. Then end of March we are doing the Wicklow Goal 10k... then we have the half marathon in Clontarf in June. Doing all of that has the knock on affect for me of I'm not going to stuff myself with badness when I'm killing myself pounding the roads... still have treats don't get me wrong.... so far this week is looking good... weigh in Thursday evening!!!

BB86 - this will be the year we do it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Hi all,
    I put on 3 piunds over Christmas but 5 pounds altogether since the start of december!!!
    Started in earnest again on Monday, eating and pointing properly so far, hoping for a loss next week.
    Even managed to dust off the 30 day shred video last night, started back at the beginning, god i really felt it. Just after i finished I got a call from a friend of mine, they tried to Face time me, but if you saw the purple head on me you would have declined too!!!

anyhoo, here's to getting into the 12 stone bracket by end of january!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

OK *deep breath*

First weigh in tonight after leaving WW in April 2011.
    It's going to be hard but I'm going to stay for the meeting to motivate myself and head to the gym after.

I'm away for a long weekend and then at a work meeting in Dublin for 2 days next week but I think if I leave rejoining til after all that I will probably just gain more weight so best to get it over with.
    Plus I want to avail of the 7 weeks for 5 ;)

Wish me luck!!

You should give myfitness pal a go. I used it last year and it can be handy to have.

Started back on My Fitness Pal yesterday.....it is actually really good. And because it shows you your calories, fat and protein intake it helps you see how much fat is in certain foods (like cheese!!!!) and helps you make the right choices:)

It is so easy to go wrong food wise even when you thing you are eating the right foods:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

What is my fitness pal & how does it work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 lorelei_lee

I know exactly how you feel. I re-joined WW this week last year and when I stood on the scales the leader actually said "Oh! We'll have to take it slowly with you." To say I was mortified is a massive understatement. i could feel my cheeks burning with embarrassment but I resolved to show her. One year on and I'm only 14.5lbs away from my goal of 10st (WI is at lunchtime today but if I even get a half lb loss I'll be doing well).

Keep plugging away and think of the end result. For me, it wasn't until I had lost about 50lbs that people really started to notice the difference and my mind is still trying to catch up with my reflection.

It's so worth it, hun, and best of luck!

Down 2lb today. Happy with that, but I know I could have done better. I couldn't stay for the meeting, which was a pity, because I really enjoy the classes, and god knows I need the extra motivation. Going out for lunch today, but then ill be going home to make soup and plan all my meals!

Made the hairy dieters burgers for dinner and they were incredible. Still madly in love with every recipe I have made from this book. Wasn't planning on blogging it so didn't take any photos - but since they were so good I had to share the recipe!!

http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/01/mediterranean-beef-burgers.html

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :-)

tiny_penguin - I got their recipe book as a christmas pressie after reading your reviews. And have to say there isn't a page in the book where I don't go... mmmm!!! I made the granola last week mainly using as a sprinkle on yogurts but its delic. Plan to do some more this w/e!

Guys - the motivation on here is brilliant - hadn't been on for a few days and there was lots of reading to catch up on.

One thing about the goal setting - I know this from my own leader and my parents doing WW. WW set a goal which gives a healthy BMI but it tends to be in the middle of the BMI range. My leader was firmly on a case by case basis that some people don't suit the lower weight and that once you are in a healthy BMI, you can get a doctors cert to say this is a perfect weight from their perspective for you and then WW will adjust accordingly as they will not override a medical professional - meaning you can still get your gold card.

From my own perspective like others say I've always been big boned... my aim is to get to 11st 7 - but I have no idea how that will look for me.... so thats the target.... but to be reviewed nearer the time.... after all I'm currently 13st 12. With exercise my shape will change.

Weigh in tomorrow!!! Hoping for a good start to 2013!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Its my first WI since starting tomorrow and I stood on my own scales today and it seems I havnt lost anything :( I feel really disheartened now

deni86 wrote: »
    Its my first WI since starting tomorrow and I stood on my own scales today and it seems I havnt lost anything :( I feel really disheartened now
    I took the battery out of my bathroom scales this morn, which is something I've said for months I was going to do. I found that i was getting obsessed with it, and if I weighed myself a few days after my weekly WI, and saw a loss, I'd subconsciously start to let things slide. Or else I'd get disheartened and give up.

deni86 wrote: »

I am hopeless for hopping on the scales at home. I'd be the opposite to ck83 though as I find it motivates me if its showing both a gain or a loss. Everyone reacts differentky. your scales can differ greatly from the scales at meeting so I wouldn't worry yet. I know for a fact ny scales are the same as my meeting because at my first WI I weighed myself before I went and when I got home to check if they are. I wouldn't worry too much about your home scales though as the weekly WIs are what matter.

Natmus wrote: »

It's an app for counting calories. It works the exact same way as WW except you're counting calories instead of points. When you sign up it tells you how many calories you should be eating a day.

Natmus wrote: »

It is an online food and exercise diary that tells you how many calories you should consume everyday depending on how much weight you want to lose per week. It has a built in database with hundreds of foods so it is easy to fill out. :) Link below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/learn_more

• Advertisement

It's an app for counting calories. It works the exact same way as WW except you're counting calories instead of points. When you sign up it tells you how many calories you should be eating a day.

You got there before me just as I was writing my reply. LOL :)

Advertisement