Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

How busy have peoples meetings been this week? i couldnt believe the queue when I got to mine - there was easily 4 times the number of people normally there and more than half had to wait until after the meeting to be weighed! I felt so bad for my leader as lots of new people were getting impatient waiting for the program to be explained! I know in 2 or 3 weeks there will be a dramatic drop in numbers again but for the next few weeks meetings are going to be a nightmare. It is great for the talks to be going back to basics again - always good for a refresh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Eabhabear wrote: »
    It's an app for counting calories. It works the exact same way as WW except you're counting calories instead of points. When you sign up it tells you how many calories you should be eating a day.

It also has a feature which allows you plot your current weight, hip, waist and neck length and plots them on a graph for you to see your loss. I only use it for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

gubbie wrote: »
    It also has a feature which allows you plot your current weight, hip, waist and neck length and plots them on a graph for you to see your loss. I only use it for that.

Why would you measure your neck length??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Miss Nell

Hello everyone! New to this forum also but I'm hoping this will give the motivation I need to keep going with WW and not give up in a few weeks as I usually do! Restarted back last night and weighed in at 12st 3lbs which is 8lbs up from when I gave up over a year and a half ago. I have a wedding to go to on the 1st of March so I would love to have a stone lost by then. I bought the ProPoints calculator also last night and then the leader told us that WW are releasing an online calculator for free next week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lorelei_lee

WI went as I expected. Up 1/2 but I know why. TOTM, ate far too much last night (pasta), too much junk on Saturday and no exercise.

Going to use it as motivation...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Lormuz wrote: »
    Why would you measure your neck length??:confused:

I mean width. Didn't think about it when I wrote it but I suppose it does look a bit silly!

I've got my WI tomorrow. I haven't really done any exercise this week but I've been pretty good with my food. Last week was semi busy and the meeting is in a teeny-tiny room. It'll be interesting to see how we all fit this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Miss nell the calculator very handy when shopping suppose you could go online on your phone but calculator handier I think.
    Tracking properly today well it's my first day and bought new journal! Have 25 used and 2 to go did a brisk 4 mile walk but never count them does anyone?
    Which one of you is appearing in the ww supplement with the Sunday world at the weekend. Any one see josie of big brother fame she lost 6 stone, she looks amazing but surely they have airbrushed her. Her skin looks to perfect I have lost nearly 2 stone and my stomach looks deflated! No amount of crunches going to fix that!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

... I didn't lose any weight for my first weigh in. Should I stop eating my weeklies and see if it makes a dent?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Ahhhh!! I was up 7lbs today after not following the plan for 3weeks over Christmas. It was completely expected and deserved but still not nice hearing the news!
    Onwards and downwards now, here's to a good 2013!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Started weight watchers tonight, weighed in at 13 stone!Heaviest I've ever been in my life, thought I'd maybe be 11 1/2 or 12, never weigh myself at home. Got the fright of my life, amazing how you can convince yourself that you're not really that overweight, but I feel like a big fat slob now. dont have a target weight yet, think I will just get through the first week and see how I go. Was mightily impressed with all the booklets and information I got, especially the menu plan, I would need a fair bit of structure in the beginning just until I get used to the Pro-points thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

... I didn't lose any weight for my first weigh in. Should I stop eating my weeklies and see if it makes a dent?

There could be a number of reasons why you STS.
    - Are you a newbie to WW? If you are then it could be that you're not used to the programme and you're still adjusting to the change.
    - Did you track everything? Are you being completely honest with yourself about what you're eating?
    - Are you sure you're pointing everything correctly? Make sure you're pointing butters, oils and milk etc as they can be easily forgotten. Double check your points.
    - Did you have a major binge just before you started? If you did then it could be your body catching up on you. Keep at it and you should see a loss next week.
    - Finally, yes it could be your weeklies. Everyone is different and some can use them all and lose, others can't. Its trial and error. Personally I can't use them. You could try just using half of them and see how that goes. It could also be down to what you use them for. Personally I could never use them for take away etc as I wouldn't lose. You could try using 7 a day and using them to bulk up your meals.

Sorry that probably seems really long winded but like I said it can be down to any of the above reasons. When I first started I was up half a lb but my leader said it can be normal. Stick with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Ugh, I am disgusted! Sts this week, which makes little sense. I also sts over Christmas, when I was cheating all over the place. Then,I track like my life depends on it this week for the same result! It is totm, which I know makes a difference, and my leader also pointed out that I've actually surpassed my assigned goal and I'm heading into losing 'vanity weight' (my term not hers!). But it is disheartening to really stick to it all week for no return! I will say that I've always given up around this point before and I am absolutely gunning to get there this time. Seems I've hit the dreaded plateau that some have mentioned...

I'm thinking of digging out the thirty day shred and seeing if jillion can assist at all...

Congrats to everyone whose getting back on track for the new year! Ye are very inspirational

Anyone who made the Hairy Dieters minced beef and potato pies, did you make the toppings with the pizza mix? I was looking in tesco yesterday and couldn't find it. What section would I find it in? Also I don't have brown sauce at home and we never use it so I don't really want to buy a big tub of it. Would you say it'd make a huge difference to the taste if I left it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Anyone who made the Hairy Dieters minced beef and potato pies, did you make the toppings with the pizza mix? I was looking in tesco yesterday and couldn't find it. What section would I find it in? Also I don't have brown sauce at home and we never use it so I don't really want to buy a big tub of it. Would you say it'd make a huge difference to the taste if I left it out?

I bought it in tesco, but for the life of me, I can't think where I found it. I do know, however, that I didn't spend long looking for it, so it couldn't have been too out of the way. Did you look where the pasta and stuff is? They usually have pre made pizza based there. Maybe that's where I got it. Or else in the home baking section?

ck83 wrote: »
    I bought it in tesco, but for the life of me, I can't think where I found it. I do know, however, that I didn't spend long looking for it, so it couldn't have been too out of the way. Did you look where the pasta and stuff is? They usually have pre made pizza based there. Maybe that's where I got it. Or else in the home baking section?

Thanks. Yeah I looked in that section but it was a smaller Tesco so I might get it in one of the bigger ones tomorrow. I was in a mad rush so didn't have time to ask anyone.

Ugh, I am disgusted! Sts this week, which makes little sense. I also sts over Christmas, when I was cheating all over the place. Then,I track like my life depends on it this week for the same result! It is totm, which I know makes a difference, and my leader also pointed out that I've actually surpassed my assigned goal and I'm heading into losing 'vanity weight' (my term not hers!). But it is disheartening to really stick to it all week for no return! I will say that I've always given up around this point before and I am absolutely gunning to get there this time. Seems I've hit the dreaded plateau that some have mentioned...

I'm thinking of digging out the thirty day shred and seeing if jillion can assist at all...

Congrats to everyone whose getting back on track for the new year! Ye are very inspirational

It's probably just a mixture of Christmas catching up on you and your TOTM. I wouldn't worry about it. You should see a loss next week and if you don't then discuss it with your leader. It sounds like you're nearing goal as well? Its always harder to lose those last few lbs. I need to dig out my 30 Day Shred. It was what got me in shape for my holidays last year so I know it works but just can't seem to bring myself to do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

It's probably just a mixture of Christmas catching up on you and your TOTM. I wouldn't worry about it. You should see a loss next week and if you don't then discuss it with your leader. It sounds like you're nearing goal as well? Its always harder to lose those last few lbs. I need to dig out my 30 Day Shred. It was what got me in shape for my holidays last year so I know it works but just can't seem to bring myself to do it!

I like 30 Day Shred but I just got bored after doing the same thing day in day out!

I think that's why I prefer classes or doing a mix of things in the gym because I can add variety!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Im thinking of buying 30 day shred. Just wondering do I need any other equipment with the DVD like dumbells or anything?

cailindana wrote: »
    Im thinking of buying 30 day shred. Just wondering do I need any other equipment with the DVD like dumbells or anything?

Yep you need a set of dumbells!

You can use bottle of water but dumbells are so much easier to hold and less chance of being doused in water (like I was the first time I used bottle of water as weights!!!)

I was the same this week and last week so I know how you feel. I'm looking at it as last weeks STS was wrong and I've just lost whatever I really gained over xmas!! Still really disappointing but best thing to do is to stick with it again. Like was said the last few are the most difficult to lose, your hard work will pay off!

• Advertisement

I was the same this week and last week so I know how you feel. I'm looking at it as last weeks STS was wrong and I've just lost whatever I really gained over xmas!! Still really disappointing but best thing to do is to stick with it again. Like was said the last few are the most difficult to lose, your hard work will pay off!

You're so close to goal now too Tinypenguin! It gets really tough to lose the last few pounds, but the slower the better, even though it's frustrating! I pushed myself waaay to hard to get them off and it was detrimental in the long run as it was so difficult to get them off! Trying to lose the last few slower this time.

It's mad the classes are so busy again! Gym is the same! Couldn't get on a treadmill for 20 mins this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

You're so close to goal now too Tinypenguin! It gets really tough to lose the last few pounds, but the slower the better, even though it's frustrating! I pushed myself waaay to hard to get them off and it was detrimental in the long run as it was so difficult to get them off! Trying to lose the last few slower this time.

Exact same happened me! I almost killed myself getting myself to goal back in October and ended up going a good bit up afterwards, took it slower this time and got back to it last week. Don't give up, I know its frustrating as you're so close but trust me, those few pounds aren't not shifting because of your lack of effort, it seems to be the same for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Miss Nell wrote: »
    Hello everyone! New to this forum also but I'm hoping this will give the motivation I need to keep going with WW and not give up in a few weeks as I usually do! Restarted back last night and weighed in at 12st 3lbs which is 8lbs up from when I gave up over a year and a half ago. I have a wedding to go to on the 1st of March so I would love to have a stone lost by then. I bought the ProPoints calculator also last night and then the leader told us that WW are releasing an online calculator for free next week!!!

You sound very similar to me!

I started back at WW last night. My last weigh in was in April 2011 and then I was 10 st 13 lbs.
    Last night I was 12 stone on the nose.

Ah well, one stone in over a year and a half, could be worse I guess.
    I know a lot of that is Christmas weight so hopefully I'll be able to shift it fairly lively!

The only thing is, I'm away this weekend for a long weekend and am at a conference in a hotel in Dublin next week - but I really wanted to get the first weigh in over with so that it will jump start me to start losing.

First weigh in will be Wednesday week - fingers crossed for any loss at all.
    I've paid up til Valentines too so no excuses!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

I do weight watchers at home and started back on Monday.
    I have been very good all week, and just can't wait until Monday now to do my weigh in...
    Feel like I need a loss to give me a bit of confidence boost, and spur me on!

looking in the mirror at the moment is not pleasant, even the 5 pounds i put on over Christmas have made a huge difference to how i feel...
    need to keep going!

I'm starting to feel really good for being back on track. Went back to tag rugby last night and was dreading it but the running made me feel better than great. I feel lighter than I was and when I look in the mirror I feel like I should have lost weight this week - which I guess is a bit of a NSV. Have a super busy week this week and I am so glad I got myself organised. If I didn't the foods I need at home or in work then tis would be the ideal week to go off track!

Hope everyone is doing well! Everyone seems to motivated its great :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Does anyone know can you switch ww locations?

I am paid up until Feb Valentines weekend at Mullingar but am considering moving to Tullamore?

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Does anyone know can you switch ww locations?

I am paid up until Feb Valentines weekend at Mullingar but am considering moving to Tullamore?

You can go to any meeting in ireland with your card. The prepays go against your card not against the specific meeting. So once you keep the same card you can WI anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Lormuz wrote: »
    I do weight watchers at home and started back on Monday.
    I have been very good all week, and just can't wait until Monday now to do my weigh in...
    Feel like I need a loss to give me a bit of confidence boost, and spur me on!

looking in the mirror at the moment is not pleasant, even the 5 pounds i put on over Christmas have made a huge difference to how i feel...
    need to keep going!

Lormuz, I'm in the same boat. I thought my face looked skinnier before Christmas and I was starting to lose my jowls as my mother calls them :( Since Christmas, I can see the weight that I gained on my face and my belly is wobbly again! The only thing is it is new soft fat and hopefully will fall off quickly unlike the hard fat that has been there for years that people who are near goal are trying to lose. Cheerful, right? ;)

Anyway, I am in great form today. As I said before, I couldn't weigh in as normal on Friday last as the batteries in my scales were dead and so weighed in on Sunday instead to see a half stone Christmas gain. :mad: Then to make matters worse, I am heading off for the weekend this afternoon and so had to weigh in today. The benefit was it was a great motivator and I went spinning the last three days and did two 500 days (although these were probably more like 600 - 700 cals). It all cumulated in a 3lb lost today-that's 3 lbs in 4 days!! To say I am happy is an understatement. It just goes to show that if I work at it, I can do it.

So the next challenge is this weekend. We will be getting full Irish breakfasts each day so I was thinking I will fill up on the continental foods and order poached eggs and brown bread? Any suggestions as I may get bored of these? I want to fill up to make the most of the free food and also I don't want to be starving by lunch while my OH is still stuffed from his full Irish. For my evening meal, I will order the sauces on the side and try to go for the lowest points option. We plan to go hillwalking and sightseeing around local castles so we will get plenty of exercise. I am also going to stock up on fruit for snacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Feeling really motivated reading all these posts!

I did a 5k run/jog last night and just bought the hairy dieters book...looking forward to an alcohol free weekend, making some no point soup for the freezer and trying out the hairy dieters book! What an exciting life I lead!!!

Did someone post the propoints for the receipes in this book before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Had my first weigh in of 2013 last night and was up 1.5lbs! Was a bit disappointed as I did a lot of exercise over the Christmas holidays but when I think of it I suppose I really indulged also so I'm not really baffled by the gain! Also hadn't tracked since mid December I'd say so back to the tracking from this morn and it'll hopefully pay off! Feeling good and positive about it!
    I'm going on a cruise at the start of June and would love to be at my goal weight by then which is 3 stone less than my current weight, might be a bit of an unrealistic goal to lose 3 stone in 5 months but hopefully I can make a good stab at it anyway if I really put my mind to it! :)

Advertisement