Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elle1979

Happy New Year everyone,

I started ww in nov, and rarely get a chance to post on this thread, although I read it all the time.

Just wanted to let you know I bought the Hairy Dieters cookbook in easons yest and it was reduced to a little over 10euro so bargain!

Tiny Penguin I follow your excellent blog, was it you who said you had points for some of the recipes? There are various lists online but they seem to differ greatly, so if you could pass on some of the points I would be much obliged!

Ps just wanted to add had my first weigh in of 2013 last night and am over the moon I only put on a half a pound since the 19th dec! so a total of a 9lb loss, but really i haven't been giving it my all, i really want to step things up a notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Elle1979 wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone,

I started ww in nov, and rarely get a chance to post on this thread, although I read it all the time.

Just wanted to let you know I bought the Hairy Dieters cookbook in easons yest and it was reduced to a little over 10euro so bargain!

Tiny Penguin I follow your excellent blog, was it you who said you had points for some of the recipes? There are various lists online but they seem to differ greatly, so if you could pass on some of the points I would be much obliged!

Ps just wanted to add had my first weigh in of 2013 last night and am over the moon I only put on a half a pound since the 19th dec! so a total of a 9lb loss, but really i haven't been giving it my all, i really want to step things up a notch!

I did point everything in the book (except the gammon, only recipe I am guaranteed not to try) so I never posted the whole list. It is quite extensive. I made a few amendments when pointing (using spray instead of oil and low fat versions of things) but if anyone would like the propoints of any of the recipes just ask.

Made the cocount prawn curry last night - so easy and quick and absolutley HUGE portion. Only prob is the curry paste I bought was a little dodge but with a good curry paste i think it would be awesome. Gonna hit up the asian food market to get a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

I did point everything in the book (except the gammon, only recipe I am guaranteed not to try) so I never posted the whole list. It is quite extensive. I made a few amendments when pointing (using spray instead of oil and low fat versions of things) but if anyone would like the propoints of any of the recipes just ask.

Made the cocount prawn curry last night - so easy and quick and absolutley HUGE portion. Only prob is the curry paste I bought was a little dodge but with a good curry paste i think it would be awesome. Gonna hit up the asian food market to get a good one.

Be very grateful to get that list off you tiny_penguin!! Love your blog also! And to be honest trust your points more than others I found on WW blog recently for the book.

Folks just back from Aldi. They have WW Caramel bars, Wraps, Bagels, Marshmallow things etc... all cheaper than Dealz... average of €1.09. Treats all ready for the w/e now!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

gragirl wrote: »
    Be very grateful to get that list off you tiny_penguin!! Love your blog also! And to be honest trust your points more than others I found on WW blog recently for the book.

Hi Tiny Penguin,

Can you put a link to your blog up please?

• Advertisement

I'll pop up the full list on my blog over the weekend. Have hada few requests now so prob worth posting. Ill let you know when its up.

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi Tiny Penguin,

No worries http://59lbstogo.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi Tiny Penguin,

It's in her signature at the end of all her posts

I'm also a follower :)

Edit: Too slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Here here!!

Thanks for all the love on the blog guys. I didnt realise so many people on here read it. Gonna have to put more of an efford in!! Never thought I'd stick to it for over a year but its def a good motivator to keep you on track - esp when you know people read it!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

First WI since starting back tonight, I lost 3.5lb im delighted! Hopefully I can do the same next week and get a nice shiney 7!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 gill1

Hi All
    Well im back to WW this week after a long absence hopefully will survive over the weekend :confused: I had a look at Tiny Penguins blog and i am motivated by her what an achievement it must feel fantastic to have achieved such a loss well done shes an inspiration :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

WI tonight. Down just 1.5lb for my first week. It's not wonderful but I'm pretty happy since, although I'd kept to my points very well I had been a lazy so and so with exercise. Joined the gym though and I'm having a fitness plan made up on Sunday.

Hopefully next week will be better

Oh and the class was jammers. Took 45 minutes to weigh us all in. Loads of new people so the majority of the class was just about the system itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Eabhabear wrote: »
    CREAMY CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY POTATOES
    13 ProPoints value per serving
    Serves 4

8 medium-sized potatoes, scrubbed
    4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
    2tbsp olive oil
    2 sprigs fresh rosemary
    4 medium skinless chicken breasts
    1tsp Pernod
    1 stock cube (vegetable or chicken), made up to 200ml (7fl oz) with hot water
    8tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
    1tbsp fresh thyme leaves
    1tsp lemon zest, finely grated
    1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
    l Broccoli, cooked, to serve

Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 4. Slice the potatoes thinly without cutting right through them. Tuck garlic slices into the gaps, then use half the olive oil to brush over the potatoes. Arrange in a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes. Remove and baste, then tuck rosemary into the gaps. Roast for another 30 minutes. At this point, start to cook the chicken. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and add the chicken breasts, cooking them over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Add the Pernod and let it bubble up, then add the stock. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, then remove the lid and let the liquid reduce a little, turning the chicken over.
    Check that the meat is thoroughly cooked using a sharp knife – there should be no trace of pink juices. When done, stir the crème fraîche into the sauce with the thyme and zest, heat for a few moments, then season. Serve with the potatoes and broccoli.

I made this tonight for dinner. It was lovely except I'm not the biggest fan of lemon and the lemon zest was quite strong tasting in it. I wouldn't mind but there was very little in it. Anyone who like lemon though its a gorgeous recipe.

Well done to everyone who has lost this week. Some great numbers there!
    I've decided to make some resolutions changes in my life. I'm going to try and make a new meal every weekend. I find myself having the same foods all the time and I get bored and turn to junk food. Also my hairy dieters book came today so can't wait :) I'm also going to try and have healthier treats rather than my bar in the evening. I'm going to cut back on the amount of fizzy drinks I drink. I'm also going to try and to C25k after Easter. I'd do it now except I'm going to be really busy in work up until Easter and I don't want to start it and not finish it.

Thanks for all the love on the blog guys. I didnt realise so many people on here read it. Gonna have to put more of an efford in!! Never thought I'd stick to it for over a year but its def a good motivator to keep you on track - esp when you know people read it!

tiny_penguin - you are certinaly an inspiration to me and very grateful for the effort you make with your blog and on here sharing your journey!:D
    I made this tonight for dinner. It was lovely except I'm not the biggest fan of lemon and the lemon zest was quite strong tasting in it. I wouldn't mind but there was very little in it. Anyone who like lemon though its a gorgeous recipe.

Well done to everyone who has lost this week. Some great numbers there!
    I've decided to make some resolutions changes in my life. I'm going to try and make a new meal every weekend. I find myself having the same foods all the time and I get bored and turn to junk food. Also my hairy dieters book came today so can't wait :) I'm also going to try and have healthier treats rather than my bar in the evening. I'm going to cut back on the amount of fizzy drinks I drink. I'm also going to try and to C25k after Easter. I'd do it now except I'm going to be really busy in work up until Easter and I don't want to start it and not finish it.

Eabhabear - I made the same commitment to do a new recipe for me if not every w/e then every second - this w/e its the Hairy Dieters cottage pie!!! Perfect for this cold snap for me! I reckon if I keep the food interesting I won't get as tempted plus I really enjoy cooking and find I don't pick when I'm cooking either - so even better!

So I weighed in and was down 2lbs!!! Delighted as my appetite post Xmas seemed huge and also seemed to be craving a bit of sweet. TG for WW hot chocolate. Think also the cold weather had a part so gonna make another batch of 0pt soup to fill up on if needs must. And have even a post work run planned this evening - virtually unheard of me doing much on a friday night so delighted with the fact everyones motivation is having an effect on me!

THANKS EVERYONE! ;)

ccseli wrote: »
    Happy Friday All,

Well It was my 1st week back at wi this week and I was up 3.5 pounds. It was expected, because I really enjoyed my Christmas. I hope you all got on well. Ive blogged another post but its more on my journey on Weightwatchers. This Sunday Im in the Sunday World for the Weightwatchers Magazine supplement, so I thought Id do a post on what started the whole thing off. It's on http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2013/01/the-before-after-and-sunday-world.html. Im actually so nervous about it coming out and before pics, its weird seeing them side by side.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great weekend:-)

Wow what an amazing post. I havent seen the ads for the Sunday world yet but I am looking forward to seeing the article.The photo of your trousers shows just how far you have come, 9 stone is an incredible achievement. You should be so proud of yourself. Your blog is great too, love all your recipes! Well done and i know I would probably be terrified too but you should be so proud of everything and I know by being in the magazine you will be an inspiration to so many people!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

There could be a number of reasons why you STS.
    - Are you a newbie to WW? If you are then it could be that you're not used to the programme and you're still adjusting to the change.
    - Did you track everything? Are you being completely honest with yourself about what you're eating?
    - Are you sure you're pointing everything correctly? Make sure you're pointing butters, oils and milk etc as they can be easily forgotten. Double check your points.
    - Did you have a major binge just before you started? If you did then it could be your body catching up on you. Keep at it and you should see a loss next week.
    - Finally, yes it could be your weeklies. Everyone is different and some can use them all and lose, others can't. Its trial and error. Personally I can't use them. You could try just using half of them and see how that goes. It could also be down to what you use them for. Personally I could never use them for take away etc as I wouldn't lose. You could try using 7 a day and using them to bulk up your meals.

Sorry that probably seems really long winded but like I said it can be down to any of the above reasons. When I first started I was up half a lb but my leader said it can be normal. Stick with it :)

I thought I was counting absolutely everything but looking back, I hadn't logged sugar free gum (surprisingly full of points) and more than likely abused the zero points system. I'm going to be super, super strict this week. Thanks!

In other news, banana sandwiches. Banana sandwiches! Why didn't I think of this before?! It only costs the bread!

My local Londis are currently selling WW double choc chip cookies (2 points per 2 cookies) for €2. They were decidedly meh on first taste, but in tea they are AMAZING. The chocolate chips melt just a little bit and the little holes in the biscuit hold in some tea without it dissolving.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

In other news, banana sandwiches. Banana sandwiches! Why didn't I think of this before?! It only costs the bread!

Banana on one slice of toast is even nicer, love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Gracious but this thread is hopping along at an awful rate at the moment!! A good sign and it really sounds like everyone is having a very positive start to the New Year! Thanks for all your support everyone following my disappointing STS this week - particularly you Tinypenguin - I also follow your very inspirational blog and it made me feel immensely better that someone who inspires me sts the same as well this week :-). I know that I'm a big child about it all, but what I love about WW is that everyone's in the one boat - it can be a little lonely when all your housemates take off for Supermacs and you're there weighing brown pasta, so having the support of this thread is really great during the week.

Also, just a wee note to anyone starting out - a weight loss of .5 - 2 lbs is perfect - it is sustainable and when you lose it slowly and regularly like this, its easier to maintain in the long run. I know I loved the one time I got a loss of 3lbs, but it took the winter vomiting bug to get me that (would NOT recommend as a weight loss strategy). Every minus on the scales is a bonus and be very proud, rather than disappointed.
    Happy Friday All,

Well It was my 1st week back at wi this week and I was up 3.5 pounds. It was expected, because I really enjoyed my Christmas. I hope you all got on well. Ive blogged another post but its more on my journey on Weightwatchers. This Sunday Im in the Sunday World for the Weightwatchers Magazine supplement, so I thought Id do a post on what started the whole thing off. It's on http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2013/01/the-before-after-and-sunday-world.html. Im actually so nervous about it coming out and before pics, its weird seeing them side by side.

I pure teared up reading your blog post!! My total weight loss goal is just under 2 stone and I have about half a stone to go. Back when I joined, I decided to go to weight watchers after a terrible week, when my weight was just one more think making me want to hide under a blanket somewhere! I went (very fragile and vulnerable) and came home and cried for four hours because I was the heaviest I'd ever been and couldn't believe I'd let it get that far. I identified with so much in your post, about the emotional impact of weight, and the confidence boost that comes with weight loss. It's about more than just shedding pounds and looking better, its about doing something for yourself and achieving your goals - I feel like if I can do this I can do anything! Congratulations on your achievements and enjoy being a famous person in the newspapers for the day!! You are now a sexy skinny b*t*h ;-) and you get to enjoy every minute of it! Thanks for sharing your story xx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Wow what an amazing post. I havent seen the ads for the Sunday world yet but I am looking forward to seeing the article.The photo of your trousers shows just how far you have come, 9 stone is an incredible achievement. You should be so proud of yourself. Your blog is great too, love all your recipes! Well done and i know I would probably be terrified too but you should be so proud of everything and I know by being in the magazine you will be an inspiration to so many people!

Thank you, I hope so, I didn't no it would be on telly till this week and I'm having serious butterflies but it was a great day getting all the pampering lol

Happy Friday All,

Oh my word Ccseli - that is an inspirational blog there. I saw your trouser pic on FB last night - but having read that blog now... you have put into words so many of the things I've experience... Having to buy in Evans and the utter Joy now of Pennys.... and the things I hope to experience.... Yes I want to be called a Skinny B! - Never has an insult sounded sooo good. Well done on your inspirational journey. And as fearful as you may feel about Sunday... think there maybe someone who'll read sundays article... and you'll be the trigger for them to change their lives... what a gift... certainly reading that blog you inspired me after 18months of stuck... Yes I can!!!
    Thank You very much!

• Advertisement

Gracious but this thread is hopping along at an awful rate at the moment!! A good sign and it really sounds like everyone is having a very positive start to the New Year! Thanks for all your support everyone following my disappointing STS this week - particularly you Tinypenguin - I also follow your very inspirational blog and it made me feel immensely better that someone who inspires me sts the same as well this week :-). I know that I'm a big child about it all, but what I love about WW is that everyone's in the one boat - it can be a little lonely when all your housemates take off for Supermacs and you're there weighing brown pasta, so having the support of this thread is really great during the week.

Also, just a wee note to anyone starting out - a weight loss of .5 - 2 lbs is perfect - it is sustainable and when you lose it slowly and regularly like this, its easier to maintain in the long run. I know I loved the one time I got a loss of 3lbs, but it took the winter vomiting bug to get me that (would NOT recommend as a weight loss strategy). Every minus on the scales is a bonus and be very proud, rather than disappointed.

I pure teared up reading your blog post!! My total weight loss goal is just under 2 stone and I have about half a stone to go. Back when I joined, I decided to go to weight watchers after a terrible week, when my weight was just one more think making me want to hide under a blanket somewhere! I went (very fragile and vulnerable) and came home and cried for four hours because I was the heaviest I'd ever been and couldn't believe I'd let it get that far. I identified with so much in your post, about the emotional impact of weight, and the confidence boost that comes with weight loss. It's about more than just shedding pounds and looking better, its about doing something for yourself and achieving your goals - I feel like if I can do this I can do anything! Congratulations on your achievements and enjoy being a famous person in the newspapers for the day!! You are now a sexy skinny b*t*h ;-) and you get to enjoy every minute of it! Thanks for sharing your story xx

Thank you, it really was about the other stuff, the weight loss really made me realise that I could do other things. I'm just nervous that people wouldn't get that so I'm glad it comes across good.

Taz1 wrote: »
    Banana on one slice of toast is even nicer, love it!!

Banana on choccy philly on a slice of toast - get the protein in... burns more calories digesting the protein!!! So filling...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi all
    I'm just back from 2 weeks in the sunny Carribean...feeling fantastic!
    Put on 4 & 1/2 pounds since 21 Dec but to be honest, it's not the worst. I'm still in single figures (11st9) so I'm delighted in all.
    So, back on track today. Avoiding bread like the plague, I find it really helps me.

Jealous of you all and the Hairy Bikers diet book, so going out to buy it tonight for me and my boyfriend to share!

Ccseli, WOW Congratulations, looking forward to seeing you on Sunday! The trousers photo is fantastic. You're a true inspiration to us all on here. From the bottom of my heart, well done. You well and truly deserve to be a "sexy mom", please enjoy every moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

for anyone looking for some great tips and help with weight watchers check out weight watchers ireland its a closed group so just send a request and ill add you we left it closed so people feel comfortable posting there weight , pictures whatever they want and none of these come up on friends pages . we have about 40 members so far and growing and great for sharing ideas and tips

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Do you have a link for weight watchers ireland? I'd be interested in joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Hi all,

First time posting in here but I've been stalking for awhile. Just a little background, in 2007 I got to goal after losing over 2 and a half stone. Anyway, I was doing really well and dipping in and out of WW but I lost the complete run of myself since November so I started back yesterday properly for the first time in about 7/8 months. I'm 12 pounds off goal so back to actively losing weight.

Well done to everyone so far, thank God Christmas is over and we can all cop on :)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Anyone know where to get the "Pour and Store" bags for freezing soup?
    Thanks!

Anyone know where to get the "Pour and Store" bags for freezing soup?
    Thanks!

I got mine in Aldi a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Happy Friday All,

Well done, what an achievement, I don't know you but I'm very proud of you!!! I have been looking at your blog for ages & find it great. I'm just in shock with the pictures of the trousers!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Anyone know how many pp are in a can of bud? All I can find are bottles

Advertisement