Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Day 2 of healthy eating going well so far.

One thing I cannot find the motivation for is exercise. I have gym membership, the gym is next door to my apartment yet I just cannot seem to motivate myself off the couch and into the gym or even for a walk.

Any tips or motivation to get me off the couch? I found when I was doing WW before, that I had to exercise for a loss, probably a slow metabolism or something, so need to get off my bum asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

was gonna try the Quorn Pasties off the WW.ie site the recipe says shortcrust pastry i have light puff pastry in the frezzer would it be awful made with that or should i just make pastry myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Natmus wrote: »

Well done, what an achievement, I don't know you but I'm very proud of you!!! I have been looking at your blog for ages & find it great. I'm just in shock with the pictures of the trousers!!!

Thank you natmus, yes the trousers really make me realise the difference, I wore those trousers to my 1st weigh in so it's a real reminder

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

ccseli wrote: »
    Happy Friday All,

Well It was my 1st week back at wi this week and I was up 3.5 pounds. It was expected, because I really enjoyed my Christmas. I hope you all got on well. Ive blogged another post but its more on my journey on Weightwatchers. This Sunday Im in the Sunday World for the Weightwatchers Magazine supplement, so I thought Id do a post on what started the whole thing off. It's on http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2013/01/the-before-after-and-sunday-world.html. Im actually so nervous about it coming out and before pics, its weird seeing them side by side.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great weekend:-)

Simply WOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I've said this an awful lot over the last few months, but I am struggling, and I need to do something about it. I'm frustrated, but I can't seem to stop myself falling back into my old ways. Buying a bar of chocolate (or two) when I pay for my petrol, not weighing my food out, not tracking, real coke instead of diet... the list goes on. I hate it, but I feel a little bit out of control (sounds a bit dramatic, but I'm sure there's plenty people who know what I'm taking about)

I know all the things I need to do, but I don't do them enough, and if I do, it lasts for a few days after my WI, and then goes by the wayside.
    I think part of the problem is that the novelty of WW has worn off, and I feel a bit overwhelmed by what I need to do, and the fact that I'm probably going to need to do it FOREVER (forever, in my opinion is an awfully long time to do something). Sometimes I wonder if I need to try something new, but I hate the idea of giving up. This is something I've said so many times that I want to finish out this time, but I don't know if I can do it now.

So often I've heard "it's easy, eat less, move more", but if it was only that simple. I knew that while i was putting on the pounds, but lets face it, its easier said than done.

I have PCOS, and at my last appt, I was praised for my weight loss, and sent away for 9months instructed to lose a bit more... I'm 3 months into that, and no lighter (in all honesty, I'm a couple of pounds heavier). I would have thought my health would be the best motivator. But I can put that to the back of my mind so easily, but I know I'll be MORTIFIED if I go to the doc in June and they weigh me and announce I've gained weight.

I've thought about switching to calorie counting instead of counting pp, and still going to my weekly weigh ins. I like the idea of having a change, but I'm a bit afraid of the prospect of that too....

EEEK! What'll I do!

Cseli- well done! I can't wait to read the sunday world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Ck83, i can completely emphasise with u because the exact same happened to me not so long ago, the novelty wore off, similar to u, i would completely binge. The thought of such a restricted diet forever, irritated me! So I've done exactly what u were saying, and started calorie counting with my fitness pal just after new years! My plan is to still go to weigh ins every week to help with the motivation and accountability. I weighed in after one week of it on Monday just gone and was down 4 pounds so i suppose its goin well! But whatever u decide to do, dont give up, you've come so far!

ck83 wrote: »
    I've thought about switching to calorie counting instead of counting pp, and still going to my weekly weigh ins. I like the idea of having a change, but I'm a bit afraid of the prospect of that too....

EEEK! What'll I do!

You sound exactly like me. I started my WW journey in November 2010. Lost almost 4 stone in about 8 months. Then I got married and it all went downhill from there. Kept going to meetings but it was up 2 down 1 and before I know it I had gained over a stone. I still kept going to meeting even though I wasn't following the plan, cheating in every way possible. Then I tried calorie counting, but continued to cheat. Stopped going to classes end of July 2012 and within 3 months, gained another stone.

During that time, I completely went back to my old ways. Dorito's, cashew nuts, chocolate, full fat crisps, takeaways you name it, I was eating it. Even feeling super fat on my holidays in October, didn't cop me on and I continued to gain.

I know I am only on Day 2 of WW again, but I really feel like I have copped on this time, a real lightbulb moment. What changed? I was DISGUSTED with myself, my weight, I thought about it every minute of the day and was slagging myself off constantly. I am only a stone and a half away from my heaviest and I thought to myself, I cannot be like that again, I cannot get bigger than that. If you ever watch the programmes about obese people and they have to lift the layers of fat up to wash underneath them, that was a wake up call for me. I have a layer on my tummy, now it's not that bad, but I said to myself, I do NOT want to be that person.

I am full of regret that I wasted a year and a half not doing anything about my weight, full of regret that I have to lose weight I have already lost. But I am trying to take a new approach this time. Trying to be more positive about myself. I am worth it. I need to lose this weight for me. I need to stop being so negative about myself because it only makes the cycle of guilt worse. I really hope you can push past this and not make the same mistakes I did. I rejoined WW on Wednesday and decided to go back to basics. I pretended I hadn't done that plan before, got a new card, new book and got the leader to explain the plan to me. Even though I know the PP of a lot of things, I am rechecking them, recalculating them, weighing everything, even butter and philly.

It took a 6 month break from WW and a 2 stone gain for me to cop on. Perhaps if you take a proper break, tell yourself you are having a month of no WW, eat what you like, and then rejoin afresh... Maybe you will have a new found desire, to lose the weight again.

Sorry for the rambling, hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Well I just weighed myself this morning after week 1 back on track! Stayed under my calories each day, went to the gym 3 days and walked 2 days and..... I put ON half a pound! I don't understand it at all and am beyond pi*sed off! Was really expecting a big loss! Don't even know what to do anymore :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Yep you need a set of dumbells!

You can use bottle of water but dumbells are so much easier to hold and less chance of being doused in water (like I was the first time I used bottle of water as weights!!!)

Thanks! I bought it! Motivated to start it so hope I stick to it now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can help me. I couldn't find the bacon medallions I usually get in tesco last night so I bought rashers. If I trim the rashers and get rid of all the fat so that im left with pieces that look like medallions can i still point them at 2 for 1pp?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Welcome back Monife :) You're story is very like mine. I also tried calorie counting last year. I wasted weeks on it. The thing I found the hardest was that on calorie counting they encourage you to eat more calories in order to lose weight and they encourage you to eat back calories you burnt from exercise. At the time I was doing a lot of exercise and I got really confused as to what amount of calories I was supposed to be eating. I had no leader to ask and you can post in the forums but everyone gives you different answers. Needless to say I gave up and put on nearly a stone and half over the summer. I hated myself for it and in the end switched back to WW. I did it myself during the winter months but I was only really losing and gaining the same few lbs as I had a lot on with starting a new job and all the nights out that went with it. I started back with meetings just before Christmas and I'm now at it properly.
    Ck83 I think I would have to agree with Monife in that maybe the best thing for you is to take a break altogether. As to be honest counting calories isn't all that different from counting points. I actually found it worse. But at the end of the day only you know what is right for you so you could give it a go and see if you like it or not. My one advice would be enter in your details and once they give you your calorie intake then stick to it. Stay away from the message boards as they only make it more confusing. Good luck with whatever you choose :)

Week one of 2013 has been a mixed one so far. I was so good all week and then last night caved and had a binge :mad: The worse thing is I'm still craving food (TOTM) but I have all my nice healthy ingredients for my meals ready for the weekend. I'm hoping though that my laziness will actually be a help here in that I won't be bothered to get out of my sweats and head to the shop. I'm not heading out tonight so it will be a difficult task. On the plus I have a low fat "fake-away" meal planned for tonight, homemade wedges and chicken goujons.
    I also need to get some exercise in as well if I'm going to have a loss on Tuesday. Cailindana I think I might dust off 30 day shred and do it this weekend. If you can do it at least 3 times a week then its a great video. My advice is don't be put off by the 20 mins. At the start I was pausing it to take a water break as it is tough going and they do switch from each exercise quite quickly.

Also is anyone following Operation Transformation? This is my first year watching it. I'm kind of shocked though that they don't have a morbidly obese person on it. I thought the aim of it was to inspire the nation so surely they should have something for everyone? In the first episode you can see there are people that are 19/20 stone there but don't get picked.

Boop22 wrote: »
    Well I just weighed myself this morning after week 1 back on track! Stayed under my calories each day, went to the gym 3 days and walked 2 days and..... I put ON half a pound! I don't understand it at all and am beyond pi*sed off! Was really expecting a big loss! Don't even know what to do anymore :-(

There could be a number of reasons why that happened. The food you ate prior to Day 1 of healthy eating could be catching up on you. You could be retaining water. It could be near or on your TOTM. Your muscles might be holding onto fluid now that you're back exercising again. Plenty of reasons but there is only one thing you SHOULD do, don't give up and go on a mad binge. Your loss WILL show next week but if you go off plan now, you might STS, or get a small loss or even a gain next week. Keep on trucking, you might be pleasantly surprised next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

As promised here are the propoints for the Hairy Dieters book! If you think ive made any mistakes just let me know!! http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/01/hairy-dieters-propointed.html

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

As promised here are the propoints for the Hairy Dieters book! If you think ive made any mistakes just let me know!! http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/01/hairy-dieters-propointed.html

Thank you so much! Literally just in the door from town and I bought the book... €9.83 in Reads on Nassau St for any Dubliners!!
    Can't wait to try out some of the dishes, they sound so good. Might make the easy crispt chicken tonight.

Thanks again Tiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Monife wrote: »

There could be a number of reasons why that happened. The food you ate prior to Day 1 of healthy eating could be catching up on you. You could be retaining water. It could be near or on your TOTM. Your muscles might be holding onto fluid now that you're back exercising again. Plenty of reasons but there is only one thing you SHOULD do, don't give up and go on a mad binge. Your loss WILL show next week but if you go off plan now, you might STS, or get a small loss or even a gain next week. Keep on trucking, you might be pleasantly surprised next week :)

Thanks Monife!! It is TOTM but I'm still so disheartened :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Thank you so much...saves me so much time & effort!

I made the cod & prawn gratin today - I used potatoes instead of the breadcrumbs as I had the pp to use. It was lovely & I can't wait to make the rest. Thanks again.;)

Even though I only eat 2 meals at the weekend I still find it so hard to stick to 26pp. You think you can have a few treats but they all add up so quickly. Have had a few treats this week but still have 21 weeklies left. Did a killer kettlebells session on friday morning and going for another one tomorrow. Also going for brunch tomorrow so wanna be really good - can't find the menu online so if there is no good option hopefully can just get some poached eggs!
    The weekend is so hard!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Even though I only eat 2 meals at the weekend I still find it so hard to stick to 26pp. You think you can have a few treats but they all add up so quickly. Have had a few treats this week but still have 21 weeklies left. Did a killer kettlebells session on friday morning and going for another one tomorrow. Also going for brunch tomorrow so wanna be really good - can't find the menu online so if there is no good option hopefully can just get some poached eggs!
    The weekend is so hard!!

I hear you! I still am picking on bits of biscuits! I really am struggling to get that under control at the minute. I find myself picking off a corner of a biscuit/piece of bread etc... every time I pass them! These are adding up but can't accurately account for them because lord only knows! It's not loads but I need to stop it as a habit!!!

Any ideas? I'm on the sugar free jelly when I need a sweet fix but it's the quick nibbling I can't stop!!!

The weekend is so hard!!

I'm the same I only eat 2 meals as well because I get up late. I have a brunch and then dinner. It helps because at the weekend I have more time and I'm more likely to binge. I am really proud of myself today because earlier I was so tempted to say screw this and eat all the crap around me but I persevered and stuck to my plan. At least you've stuck to your points so you haven't done any damage yet :) I find the best thing is to try and hold off until after dinner to have your treats that way you are more likely not to go off plan.
    I hear you! I still am picking on bits of biscuits! I really am struggling to get that under control at the minute. I find myself picking off a corner of a biscuit/piece of bread etc... every time I pass them! These are adding up but can't accurately account for them because lord only knows! It's not loads but I need to stop it as a habit!!!

Any ideas? I'm on the sugar free jelly when I need a sweet fix but it's the quick nibbling I can't stop!!!

A carrot! I know it sounds plain and rabbit food but honestly its great for the picking. Or even have some carrots and celery stick if you have them and if you have 0 point mayo, use that as a dip. I might have to resort to one myself if I don't last until bedtime!

• Advertisement

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I'm the same I only eat 2 meals as well because I get up late. I have a brunch and then dinner. It helps because at the weekend I have more time and I'm more likely to binge. I am really proud of myself today because earlier I was so tempted to say screw this and eat all the crap around me but I persevered and stuck to my plan. At least you've stuck to your points so you haven't done any damage yet :) I find the best thing is to try and hold off until after dinner to have your treats that way you are more likely not to go off plan.

I was the same this morning. I was out last night and my boyfriend got a pizza and there was loads in the fridge. He was off to a stag early today and all morning I was lying in bed thinking that I was gonna just forget the weight watchers and get up and have the pizza. I got out of bed and opened the fridge and decided that no I was going to be good and made an omelette instead. I haven't been so proud of myself in ages. Then I took a portion of lasagne id frozen out for my dinner and had that with BNS chips. I know if I'd eaten that pizza then that would have been me gone for the day! Would have just eaten everything in sight.

I sometimes wish the kitchen was a seperate room to the sitting room in my apartment cos I can see the fridge from where I sit or even exercise. I agree with Eabhabear on the carrot and celery - they are crunchy and do take a while to eat. Its just having them to hand. If im really organised I keep them chopped in the container of water in the fridge (keeps them fresher longer). I also find pickles gherkins are great for a snack. The saltiness and vinergar means you cant eat too many and they are quite satisfying!

Tiny Penguin, how do you make your butternut squash chips? Quite a novice when it comes to cooking so if you could give me a guide for dummies :)

Monife wrote: »
    Tiny Penguin, how do you make your butternut squash chips? Quite a novice when it comes to cooking so if you could give me a guide for dummies :)

I just chop up a BNS into chips, pop them in the microwave for 2 mins just to par cook them, season them and spray them with fry lite and pop them in a very hot over - 220 - for 25-30 mins, giving them a shake every 10 mins.
    But they never go crispy, they are always quite soggy. I think its just the nature of the stuff. I tried it in the actifry today and they werent much better. They taste great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Ooooh was so bad last night at a party! Ate well all day coming up to it, then at it, resisted the sandwiches and sausages being handed out and had a few cheddar cheese and grape skewers instead, but then my sweet tooth got the better of me, and had to have a small slice of banoffee pie and about 6 brownie bites! :o I did manage to skip the wine and sipped away on water all night and I'm back to normal again today. But I don't know how WI will go tomorrow after that little binge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Been really bad this week. Just haven't had my usual control and over weeklies by about 20. Good thing my week starts again tomorrow and I can start afresh. In good news I got my bike yesterday and took it for a spin along Howth pier this morning for an hour. So much fun but my ar#e might take a bit of time to get used to it again lol

I had a very bittersweet morning in the Square today. I did my weekly shopping in Tesco and my junk food craving came back. I had picked up a bar of chocolate but when I got to the checkout I ended up leaving it to the side :)

However I noticed something when I was walking around the centre after. There is junk food EVERYWHERE!! I went into Heatons homestore and there was sweets in there, Superdrug had sweets, Argos had sweets and so on. Is it any wonder we are becoming more obese in this country. Is there really a need for them in these types of shops. Needless to say I kept my head down and kept walking.

I was also in Debenhams and I picked up a size 16 dress but decided to take in the 14 just in case. I tried the 16 on and it was too big which I was delighted about but the 14 was too small :(

I also tried on a size 16 skirt which made me realise how disapportioned my body is. It was huge on the waist but fitted perfectly on my hips and thighs. They didn't have a 14 but I don't think it would have fitted properly. Are there any pear shapes out there that have a solution to this problem because I also have it with jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Just thought I would share the link to the girls blogs that's in the Sunday worlds ww mag today she lost over 9 stone! http://www.theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/?m=1

I was browsing through the US WW site the other day and I came across this post in the forum section. It is a bit harsh in some places but it really hit home and is very true that I thought I'd post it here. It is especially for any new people starting out but is also good for people restarting.

"So, we are 12 days into the new year, and this past week, I have observed many posts from newbies saying things like, "I only lost 2 lbs this week", or "I am so frustrated", "I am starving", etc, etc.

So, here goes: You only lost 2 lbs this week? That's WONDERFUL. What the hell did you expect to lose? Do you not realize that 2 lbs is a healthy rate of weight loss? Did you not realize you didn't get fat overnight and you cant expect to lose it all overnight? Don't you know that the slower the weight comes off, the more likely you will keep it off. Remember, losing the weight is not the hard part, the keeping it off FOREVER is the difficult part.

For the, "I am so frustrated crowd", give it TIME and be PATIENT. You know, explore different foods, shake things up using daily points, don't assume you cant eat them and not lose, they are BUILT INTO THE PROGRAM. The scale will not always reflect your efforts, SO WHAT? If you are patient and consistent the weight will come off, do NOT get hung up on the scale, focus on all the other acheivements like eating better, losing inches, becoming more active, etc. Slow and steady gets you results here.

For the, "I'm starving" people, EAT. This is not about starvation/depravation. Get rid of the junky food and eat REAL food, you know those power foods have the staying power. Making fake, "deserts" is a bit wasteful, imo, and you know, you don't real break the sweets cycle, when you invent new ones. Try breaking the cycle, try giving up sugar (you will feel much better and kill cravings)

So my two cents for all those new folk. You know this is FOREVER, I have been maintaining my loss for 12 years now, you can do it too."

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

ccseli wrote: »
    Happy Friday All,

Well It was my 1st week back at wi this week and I was up 3.5 pounds. It was expected, because I really enjoyed my Christmas. I hope you all got on well. Ive blogged another post but its more on my journey on Weightwatchers. This Sunday Im in the Sunday World for the Weightwatchers Magazine supplement, so I thought Id do a post on what started the whole thing off. It's on http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2013/01/the-before-after-and-sunday-world.html. Im actually so nervous about it coming out and before pics, its weird seeing them side by side.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great weekend:-)

Rushed to the shop this morning with the 2 babies to get the sunday world to see you in it. All i can say is amazing! you are stunning well done. it gives me a push to do it too! I have just over 1.5 stone to lose now but sometimes it feels like 10 stone! Did you get to keep the clothes? Love your blog also have been following it for months. Keep up the good work are you becoming a leader now? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 AKS1991

ccseli I got the paper today just to read your article, you are a real inspiration and you look fantastic! Congratulations!

Advertisement