Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Does anyone know the PP in chicken wings? The purple book has every part of the chicken pointed but the wings :( I got chicken wings in this hot sauce at a restaurant for lunch, but as I am not a huge fan of fat or slimey skin (I like crispy skin), I didn't eat much skin at all so wondering how to PP them. Thanks in advance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Knockout_91

Can I just clarify that a banana and Nutella crepe is 17pp?

I could be wrong. I just google it and 17pp came up on some French site!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Another weekend over and most of my weeklies gone. I am beginning to think I may have to stop using so many of these. Going to wait and see how my weigh in on tuesday goes before I make any rash decisions!

Anywho - made this for dinner, just trying to use up stuff I had in my fridge and it was delicious and I am very stuffed! Was in the mood for some chocolate earlier but I am now too full to have any!! Result!

http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/01/chicken-spinach-pasta.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I'm after making the Hairy Dieters Minced and Potatoes Pie and it was delicious :D The best recipe I've tried this year so far. My family were like what are you cooking it smells gorgeous. I made as one pie enough for 2 servings and I have the other half ready for tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I'm after making the Hairy Dieters Minced and Potatoes Pie and it was delicious :D The best recipe I've tried this year so far. My family were like what are you cooking it smells gorgeous. I made as one pie enough for 2 servings and I have the other half ready for tomorrow.

I'm going to give this a go during the week. I bought the pizza base mix ages ago, and then didn't get round to making them.

Your excerpt this morning was interesting. Made a lot of sense to me. I've realised lately that I can't handle "a little bit of what I fancy". One chocolate will always lead to more. Replacing one sweet thing with another is not effective for me. I need to break the cycle, and start getting the most value for what I eat in the day, in terms of eating good quality foods, and the best fuel for my body, and not seeing how many treats I can squeeze in to my day/week.

Thanks too to you and Monife and Taz 1 for your responses the other day. I've decided that I'm going to continue going to ww for my weigh ins (apart from anything else, I prepaid the 7for5 the other day, so I've six weeks to get out of it!). I'm going to stop counting pp for a while. I need the break. I'm going to use the knowledge I've gained over the last year, to eat healthily, watch my portions, and cut out the sweet stuff. Ill see how it goes. I've about two more stone to lose, and I intend to it, but I need a break from propoints. I suppose essentially, I'm going to aim for filling and healthy.

Good luck everyone in the coming week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Did you get to keep the clothes?

Totally my first thought too...

I also bought it just to see your article! So impressive losing so much fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I didn't manage to get a copy of the magazine today, totally bummed, as I had planned to. Is there any chance someone could put a copy of it up here??

ck83 wrote: »
    I'm going to give this a go during the week. I bought the pizza base mix ages ago, and then didn't get round to making them.

Your excerpt this morning was interesting. Made a lot of sense to me. I've realised lately that I can't handle "a little bit of what I fancy". One chocolate will always lead to more. Replacing one sweet thing with another is not effective for me. I need to break the cycle, and start getting the most value for what I eat in the day, in terms of eating good quality foods, and the best fuel for my body, and not seeing how many treats I can squeeze in to my day/week.

Thanks too to you and Monife and Taz 1 for your responses the other day. I've decided that I'm going to continue going to ww for my weigh ins (apart from anything else, I prepaid the 7for5 the other day, so I've six weeks to get out of it!). I'm going to stop counting pp for a while. I need the break. I'm going to use the knowledge I've gained over the last year, to eat healthily, watch my portions, and cut out the sweet stuff. Ill see how it goes. I've about two more stone to lose, and I intend to it, but I need a break from propoints. I suppose essentially, I'm going to aim for filling and healthy.

Good luck everyone in the coming week.

I'm also trying to break the junk food cycle. Its one of the changes I'm trying to make this year. If you've signed up for the prepay then I'd definitely stick with it to then. You've nothing to lose from it and then at the end of the seven weeks if you're still not happy you can switch then. I hope it works out for you either way :)

ccseli I just rushed to the shop to get the paper as I forgot about it earlier. You look fab well done on your success. You really are an inspiration and I really wish WW would use people like you to be the face of the brand rather than celebs who have personal trainers and chefs and spend all day working out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the lovely messages. 1st we had a choice of what we could keep with the clothes a chose the leather biker jacket and the bag to match, I loved the dress but seriously I never get the opportunity to get that dresses up and I thought better to get something that I'll get to wear and I just love them.

I have to tell you I was so nervous, especially yesterday as I was in work all day and didn't k ow what the reaction would be but everyone was lovely.

It's weird eating your lunch while your on the newspaper that's on the table.

I'm so glad I did it now because the story was what it was like, I had some terrible weeks and then some great weeks.

I went through a faze for a couple of months where I just stayed the same and I seriously that weight gain was air Bourne because I should have lost but I think those are the weeks where your body is adjusting and Tone ing up and their needed.

I'm so glad you all liked it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Well done ccseli, amazing pictures and weight loss!

CK83 - I was thinking maybe you could look in to those motivation clinics, coz it sounds like that's what your missing at the moment - don't know how much one of those sessions would be probably exorbatant! I know it's difficult to stay motivated all the time, but it's when we are unmotivated that we tend to do the damage, and we end up having to lose weight again that we already have, which is a sickener!

I was down 3 1/4 pounds this morning, my scales weighs to 1/4 pounds, so i'm counting it!!
    So that is a good chunck of the weight i put back on since december lost, just need to drop the other 1/1/2 pounds this week and i'll be all square again!

Have to say was delighted with that loss, i was very good all week - weekends are definately harder, especially when your up with a baby from 7am, and don't have work to distract you from food - it's hard to stay within points so used a fair few weeklies, but i guess that's what there for!
    looking forward to next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

ccseli - congratulations on your article - you looked gorgeous and it was really inspirational!

Right, I am currently doing a doctorate in Limerick, and have had the luck to have some positive psychologists in my cohort. They have (via many coffee conversations) been chatting about positive psychology, which is is essentially the psychology of success, happiness and thriving. Some of the techniques I have used this time around with my weight loss have been derived from these conversations and when I have a terrible week, I return to these strategies to boost my resolve.

Essentially, what they advised was the make a list of why you can lose weight. What is it about you that will make it easier? Don't even consider the negatives (I love junk food, I hate walking, I am too busy to go to the gym etc etc) - what are your positives? Scientific research has been done on the impact of focusing on why you 'can' do something, and it makes it much more likely that you'll achieve your goal. So I wrote out a wee list of positives (like I can cook, I have supportive friends and family, I have done it before and therefore can do it again, I know a lot about nutrition etc etc). I have my strengths listed on a piece of paper beside the bed and look at them most mornings. I find focusing on my strengths rather than my weaknesses has really helped me to stay positive and motivated about my weight loss journey over the last few months. I still have moments when I waver, but by facing these moments with positivity rather than beating myself up over them means that a bad day is much less likely to turn into a bad week!

I'm not sure if that helps, but I know that for me, this time, thinking about my journey in a more positive fashion has made all the difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Great article ccseli...well done again.

I stuck to my pp all weekend (which is a first for me coz everything goes out the window with alcohol at the weekend!) so tomorrow evening will tell on the scales!

I cooked everything from scratch, made smoothie's, soup & tried some hairy dieters. I literally ate all around me but ate good food. Did a 6k run on saturday & a good walk yesterday. If I could stay this motivated it would be simple!!!!!

So over the weekend I took my measurements for the first time since before xmas. and I have lost 1in pretty much everywhere since then. I never measured myself right when I started but after about a month and a half and losing over half a stone I did. So since Feb last year I have lost 6 inches on my waist, 7 on my hips, and 5 on eahc of my thighs and upper arms. I can't believe home much is gone from my arms and thighs - which i still think are huge. ANyway, i decided that i dont care what the scales say - i can see i have lost something since xmas in that 1inch so ican wait for the scales to catch up.

But now this morning my pre WI nerves have kicked in big time and I dont think I was being fully honest when i told myself I dont care. I do care - i want a good loss tomorrow and so worried i wont see it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Also, by the by, I made these last week and they are delicious, healthy and filling. I halved the recipe to make 12. They work out at 3pp per muffin and they are lovely for a treat. I made the apple sauce myself from granny smiths - I only added one apple chopped up to the mix but I think that I'll add two the next time. I also think a few walnuts on top would be gorgeous (I'm thinking I might try this with as much walnuts to make them up to 4pp each - I think it'd be worth it!). One of the things I miss most since I started ww is baking (a significant part of my weight gain was my getting high off my own supply!), so getting to make these is great.

http://www.food.com/recipe/low-fat-but-tasty-buttermilk-apple-bran-muffins-ww-friendly-101631

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Monife wrote: »
    You sound exactly like me. I started my WW journey in November 2010. Lost almost 4 stone in about 8 months. Then I got married and it all went downhill from there. Kept going to meetings but it was up 2 down 1 and before I know it I had gained over a stone. I still kept going to meeting even though I wasn't following the plan, cheating in every way possible. Then I tried calorie counting, but continued to cheat. Stopped going to classes end of July 2012 and within 3 months, gained another stone.

During that time, I completely went back to my old ways. Dorito's, cashew nuts, chocolate, full fat crisps, takeaways you name it, I was eating it. Even feeling super fat on my holidays in October, didn't cop me on and I continued to gain.

I know I am only on Day 2 of WW again, but I really feel like I have copped on this time, a real lightbulb moment. What changed? I was DISGUSTED with myself, my weight, I thought about it every minute of the day and was slagging myself off constantly. I am only a stone and a half away from my heaviest and I thought to myself, I cannot be like that again, I cannot get bigger than that. If you ever watch the programmes about obese people and they have to lift the layers of fat up to wash underneath them, that was a wake up call for me. I have a layer on my tummy, now it's not that bad, but I said to myself, I do NOT want to be that person.

I am full of regret that I wasted a year and a half not doing anything about my weight, full of regret that I have to lose weight I have already lost. But I am trying to take a new approach this time. Trying to be more positive about myself. I am worth it. I need to lose this weight for me. I need to stop being so negative about myself because it only makes the cycle of guilt worse. I really hope you can push past this and not make the same mistakes I did. I rejoined WW on Wednesday and decided to go back to basics. I pretended I hadn't done that plan before, got a new card, new book and got the leader to explain the plan to me. Even though I know the PP of a lot of things, I am rechecking them, recalculating them, weighing everything, even butter and philly.

It took a 6 month break from WW and a 2 stone gain for me to cop on. Perhaps if you take a proper break, tell yourself you are having a month of no WW, eat what you like, and then rejoin afresh... Maybe you will have a new found desire, to lose the weight again.

Sorry for the rambling, hope this helps :)

Monife, you are me. I could have written that. I was flying at WW - was down 3 stone in less than a year. Then I stopped going for various stupid reasons and took that as a licence to go overboard. Ate a shocking amount of food, went back to using the deep fat fryer & the pan, the chinese, the beer, multipacks of crisps - by the time my wedding came around in October I was back up to a size 18. Since then I've put on another stone and a half, which left me three pounds HEAVIER than my original starting weight. I also tried calorie counting and I found that tedious, boring, and I was always starving. I need the structure of weightwatchers. I need the discipline of knowing exactly how many points I have per day, and if I want more, fill up on 0pp soup or tell myself to cop on and plan the next day so I'm not hungry.

The first thing I did was to change my WI day. My original WI day was Thursday - and I'd eat damn all on Thursdays, pig out that evening, use all my weeklies by Saturday, cheat on Sunday, and tell myself I'd start again Monday. This time round, I've changed my WI to Saturday. It completely eliminates the Thursday & Friday binge, and I can use all my weeklies on Saturday night if I need them, or split them between Saturday & Sunday. I've been sticking to PP religiously - I've finally gotten it into my head that if I follow WW properly, it works. If I stick to it, put in the effort, I can do this. I can be healthy. I've also realised that I genuinely can not have junk in the house because I have no willpower around it. If I want something I will buy one little bar or one bag of skips or whatever. I also stopped counting activity points, I was giving myself an extra 6 for a walk that would barely break me out in a sweat.

I've had to resign myself to the fact that yes, I will probably be doing this forever - but in time I think I'll be able to recognise a good breakfast, dinner & tea over bad choices. I swore I wouldn't be a fat bride - and I was. I swore I wouldn't have another Christmas fat - and I did. I am livid with myself for all those tenners I wasted, all those miles I walked, and all those nights I went to bed so proud of myself for doing well that day. I feel disgusted, embarrassed, and disappointed. I feel sick every time I meet someone who gave me a compliment when I was doing well. I feel like a total and utter failure.

But, I had the lightbulb moment after Christmas - I made myself this way, I'm the only one who can undo it. If I cheat, I'm cheating myself out of a healthy & happy life. The universe doesn't care whether I had a biscuit that I didn't point, I'm the only one who knows that and is it really worth it? No. It's not. If I want the biscuit I'll wait until the following day and save a couple of points for it. Result? I was down 6lbs this week and I'm already getting back into good habits automatically.

It's taken time to cop on mentally, but I'm crossing everything that I can do it this time. For anyone who's struggling, sit down for a half an hour with a cup of tea and write down how you feel, what you want, what your goals are, and how you're going to get them.

I am going to say goodbye to 63 pounds in 2013. I am.

Only 57 to go!

Best of luck for this week. (Gutted I forgot to get the Sunday World)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

As promised here are the propoints for the Hairy Dieters book! If you think ive made any mistakes just let me know!! http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/01/hairy-dieters-propointed.html

OMG this is brilliant thanks so much for doing this cant wait to start trying some things from the book, really need to start trying out new foods worried about getting board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

STS this week which was a blessing after a bad last week. Feel determined to get a loss next WI and am back at college tonight so can get my normal routine back on track. Think I had too much time on my hands last week and filled it with eating. Note to self- when i finish degree, get non food related hobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

The picture doesn't do it justice as to how delicious it was! Hairy bikers Korma! Felisha! Made even lighter by using delight instead of oil, sweetener instead of sugar and quark instead of creme fraiche! So more room for more chicken and more veg! Delish!

The picture doesn't do it justice as to how delicious it was! Hairy bikers Korma! Felisha! Made even lighter by using delight instead of oil, sweetener instead of sugar and quark instead of creme fraiche! So more room for more chicken and more veg! Delish!

Sorry here's the pic!

Sorry won't let me add a pic! Bloody phone app!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Sorry won't let me add a pic! Bloody phone app!
    Aw thats a pity it sounds yum!!!

Up a pesky half pound at tonights WI, was kind of expected I suppose! Was really good Tuesday to Friday, good all day Saturday, until Saturday night when I had a slice of banoffee and about 10 brownie bites! :cool: But, was back on track the following morning and good all day except for a tiny slice of cake... Was hard at it in the gym tuesday to friday to try earn those treats for myself. Ah wll, can't let that deter me now...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Morning all,

Have had a good few days, lots of Hairy Dieters ! Made the meatballs on Sunday night and then the spag bol sauce last night. Everyone in my house ate it and really enjoyed it, they were surprising thankful it was a ww friendly meal too.

I walked for a solid hour last night, was a bit bold and wore less clothes than I should have in order to ensure I walked fast to keep warm!!

It's so cold out today, defo a soup day...curried BTS in my lunch bag, half tempted to eat it now for a bit of warmth!

*Edit - went a bit crazy on the food last night afterwards, and by crazy I mean, pasta for dinner, a piece of rocky road, a muffin and a bar of chocolate! Does this type of binging happen everyone else? I know today is the first day of a new week for me but its still deterring my weight loss for the week.... Feel terrible for it :(

I need to post this so you will all make me go to my WI tonight!! I know I'm going to be up tonight as I stepped on my scale this morning and its looking really bad. I wasn't going to go as I'm mortified going after having my post Christmas gain last week. I know I need to go or else it'll just be a disaster for the rest of the week.

Taz1 wrote: »
    *Edit - went a bit crazy on the food last night afterwards, and by crazy I mean, pasta for dinner, a piece of rocky road, a muffin and a bar of chocolate! Does this type of binging happen everyone else? I know today is the first day of a new week for me but its still deterring my weight loss for the week.... Feel terrible for it :(

Yep it happened to me on Friday. I think it's important to identify the triggers. For me it's tiredness and lack of planning. Work is really stressful atm and it was a mixture of the above 2 that caught me out last week but I'm much better prepared this week. I also find staying away from the shops helps as well when you're in that mood.

Yep it happened to me on Friday. I think it's important to identify the triggers. For me it's tiredness and lack of planning. Work is really stressful atm and it was a mixture of the above 2 that caught me out last week but I'm much better prepared this week. I also find staying away from the shops helps as well when you're in that mood.

To be honest its just a kind of 'get it out of my system' binge before the new week, just eating what I want before I start afresh the following day, but its gotten to a stage now where its just a pure binge, that is probably doing me harm in terms of losing...

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I need to post this so you will all make me go to my WI tonight!! I know I'm going to be up tonight as I stepped on my scale this morning and its looking really bad. I wasn't going to go as I'm mortified going after having my post Christmas gain last week. I know I need to go or else it'll just be a disaster for the rest of the week.

Just GO! You know you will only eat more and feel guilty all week if you don't!!! Today is a new day & the start of the rest of your life!!!!! Hope that inspires you to go:D Good luck!

To be honest its just a kind of 'get it out of my system' binge before the new week, just eating what I want before I start afresh the following day, but its gotten to a stage now where its just a pure binge, that is probably doing me harm in terms of losing...

I'm the same regarding post WI binges. It's not a good habit as it beats the purpose of trying to have a healthy lifestyle and it'd make me more susceptible to relapsing to old habits when I lose the weight. What I'm aiming to do is cut out junk food altogether but like weight loss it's not an easy thing to do. For now I'm just reducing the amount of junk I eat and finghtjng urges for binging. I also have decided to keep track of the amount of money I spend on junk. Im hoping the amount will shock me into not buying them. Why don't you allow yourself one proper treat after your WI or even look at non food treats instead.

• Advertisement

I have a habit of doing this on a tuesday and its down to lack of organisation. By the time I have weighed in I am starving and still have to get home and sort dinner. Tuesday is the day my OH has to sort his own dinner which means he usually has a frozen pizza - and by the time I get home i just want something quick, so either pasta with cheese or my own pizza, unless i have something healthy premade or have a M&S meal waiting for me. The weeks i have had these binges havent really affected my loss the following week - but I know they arent good for you so this year I am really going to try to curb them altogether.

Do go - if you don't go you have nothing to get yourself back on track. Your leader wont judge you, but they will help you snap back into the mindframe of it! and you never know what the scales tonight will show!

Advertisement