Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks for the support guys. I know I have to go which is why I posted it here. It means I have to report back to you's so to speak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Im gonna have to get this Hairy Dieters book yous are all talking about! How much is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Taz1 wrote: »
    *Edit - went a bit crazy on the food last night afterwards, and by crazy I mean, pasta for dinner, a piece of rocky road, a muffin and a bar of chocolate! Does this type of binging happen everyone else? I know today is the first day of a new week for me but its still deterring my weight loss for the week.... Feel terrible for it :(

It happened me the other day. I had 2 chocolate spread sandwiches, a chocolate bar and a packet of crisps. As people say its not what you do but what you do after that counts

At least it's less junk in the house-although my mum has agreed to stop buying junk she refuses to throw out food

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

deni86 wrote: »
    Im gonna have to get this Hairy Dieters boom yous are all talking about! How much is it?

You'll get it for under €15, well worth it
    ccseli wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    I hope your all having a good week. I pulled back this week because I was up last week so hopefully I won't mess it up tonight going to the cinema to see les miserables. I've just blogged a post on some food finds and on tiny penguins blog because I love the post on the hairy dieters book propointed. http://www.theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2013/01/some-weight-watchers-food-finds.html?m=1

I hope everyone has a good wi

Like you Ccseli, I'm not a great cook but having got the HD book and actually spent time and effort in making dishes, they worked out really well. I was delighted with myself last night.
    Thanks for the slimbos, very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Don't know if anyone else noticed this but I don't get it, in the purple book it says pasta is 4pps for 40g uncooked or 150g cooked, but when you weigh out 40g uncooked and then weigh it after its been cooked it only weighs 90 something grams, so if you take the 150g from a pot of cooked pasta you get way more for the same points... How can that be right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Don't know if anyone else noticed this but I don't get it, in the purple book it says pasta is 4pps for 40g uncooked or 150g cooked, but when you weigh out 40g uncooked and then weigh it after its been cooked it only weighs 90 something grams, so if you take the 150g from a pot of cooked pasta you get way more for the same points... How can that be right?

I always go with the raw weight as cooked weight will vary depending on how well cooked you like your pasta. The weight increases as it absorbs more water, so if it is aldente it will weigh less than if it were overcooked. I dont have my purple book to hand but i thought 150g cooked was listed as the same as 60g raw - so 6pp. If possible you are safest weighing it dry though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Thanks for the support guys. I know I have to go which is why I posted it here. It means I have to report back to you's so to speak :)

Do. And then get rid of your scales. It's too tempting, and you don't need it unless you're doing ww at home. I took the batteries out of mine last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

hi havent been on here in months though i have been reading away on all your posts. I'm a gold member for years but hadn't been on goal for ages but last class before xmas i did it so went into xmas on a high but think i celebrated way too much.
    Anyway went back last week expecting to be up loads but was only a half so totally chuffed with myself and being on such a high i had great week pointed and exercised the best i had in months counted every little bite. I went back last night gagging to get on scales i was so sure i was down but shock horror i was up 4!!!!! and being me i had a bit of a binge so now this morning i feel sh*** so im assuming i had a delayed result from being so bold over xmas. So here goes again 4 1/2 back to go and it had taken me about 6 months to lose that much gettin back to goal

sorry about the whine on the up side didn't realise hairy bikers have book i love the programme so project for this week is to look for it and maybe try some new foods

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I have a habit of doing this on a tuesday and its down to lack of organisation. By the time I have weighed in I am starving and still have to get home and sort dinner. Tuesday is the day my OH has to sort his own dinner which means he usually has a frozen pizza - and by the time I get home i just want something quick, so either pasta with cheese or my own pizza, unless i have something healthy premade or have a M&S meal waiting for me. The weeks i have had these binges havent really affected my loss the following week - but I know they arent good for you so this year I am really going to try to curb them altogether.

I suppose I could agree with you on that one. I've a bad routine going nown where I wait until weigh in to see what I feel like, saying that its my treat, and I end up having a bad (as in high propoints) dinner PLUS a load of goodies until I'm full. I end up feeling like (and probably have) put on a few pounds or two in that one evening! And I wonder why I can't shift the belly! :(So I'm going to try stop that.
    gubbie wrote: »
    It happened me the other day. I had 2 chocolate spread sandwiches, a chocolate bar and a packet of crisps. As people say its not what you do but what you do after that counts

At least it's less junk in the house-although my mum has agreed to stop buying junk she refuses to throw out food

Worst thing about living at home, same with me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

ccseli wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    I hope your all having a good week. I pulled back this week because I was up last week so hopefully I won't mess it up tonight going to the cinema to see les miserables. I've just blogged a post on some food finds and on tiny penguins blog because I love the post on the hairy dieters book propointed. http://www.theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2013/01/some-weight-watchers-food-finds.html?m=1

I hope everyone has a good wi

I just tried those Oodles of Noodles and they are YUM!! They are really like some of the other noodle brands, which are one of my fave comfort foods and it's lovely to have found a low pp savoury treat I can keep there for weak moments!

With regard to going all out after the weigh in, it's one of my worst habits! My friend and I have a tendency to go and drink tea and eat Happy Hippos afterwards, and because I won't have eaten much that day, I then proceed home with my blood sugar hyped, my tummy grumbling and a mind for pasta and cheese! I'm really trying at the moment to focus on filling and healthy foods, to think of nutrition as well as points. I suppose 90% of the time I manage it, but then there are days like last Saturday when I ate a toasted sandwich on white with cheese and mayo and a portion of wedges with cheese AND coleslaw. I then had massive guilt and ate nothing else all day - really bad for my metabolism and really bad for my cholesterol! I mean, pointswise I was grand but in terms of learning good habits in the longterm, it wasn't a very sensible choice. But I'm learning, slowly, to change my habits, one mistake at a time. I always used to see my 'naturally skinny' sister have Supermacs and Indian food and big rolls, and wonder why she could eat all that and still be a size 6-8? Well, I've realised that she makes a 'bad' food choice and returns to good food choices straight away. I need to learn to fight my natural urge to have a pig out and then continue having pig outs all week! She isn't good all the time, and she gets away with it because she doesn't let her treats define her eating habits. And that is what I really need to learn - one binge does not a diet destroy. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

ck83 wrote: »
    I've said this an awful lot over the last few months, but I am struggling, and I need to do something about it. I'm frustrated, but I can't seem to stop myself falling back into my old ways. Buying a bar of chocolate (or two) when I pay for my petrol, not weighing my food out, not tracking, real coke instead of diet... the list goes on. I hate it, but I feel a little bit out of control (sounds a bit dramatic, but I'm sure there's plenty people who know what I'm taking about)

I know all the things I need to do, but I don't do them enough, and if I do, it lasts for a few days after my WI, and then goes by the wayside.
    I think part of the problem is that the novelty of WW has worn off, and I feel a bit overwhelmed by what I need to do, and the fact that I'm probably going to need to do it FOREVER (forever, in my opinion is an awfully long time to do something). Sometimes I wonder if I need to try something new, but I hate the idea of giving up. This is something I've said so many times that I want to finish out this time, but I don't know if I can do it now.

So often I've heard "it's easy, eat less, move more", but if it was only that simple. I knew that while i was putting on the pounds, but lets face it, its easier said than done.

I have PCOS, and at my last appt, I was praised for my weight loss, and sent away for 9months instructed to lose a bit more... I'm 3 months into that, and no lighter (in all honesty, I'm a couple of pounds heavier). I would have thought my health would be the best motivator. But I can put that to the back of my mind so easily, but I know I'll be MORTIFIED if I go to the doc in June and they weigh me and announce I've gained weight.

I've thought about switching to calorie counting instead of counting pp, and still going to my weekly weigh ins. I like the idea of having a change, but I'm a bit afraid of the prospect of that too....

EEEK! What'll I do!

Cseli- well done! I can't wait to read the sunday world!

ck83 - I share alot of what you've said. I've been essentially fluctuating the same 7-10lbs for 18mths now and wondered if I'll ever get anywhere. For me I realised coming from a size 20-22 to a size 16 - I needed some time to adjust and enjoy this - I mean I could now shop in Pennys... however I lost track and enjoyed this size to the extent I was now maintaining. The change... before Xmas I saw a pic of myself all done up with a friend.... and guess what I looked great - but I'm still the big girl. This upset me but rather than the size 20-22 girl who ate through that I thought I am done with that. So back to tracking, tracking, tracking. Its tough and I'm struggling... and I'm relearning reminding myself that is this bite of food worth it. The hairy dieters has also re motivated me with cooking new and nice foods. I really hope you can continue your weight loss journey - using whatever means works for you! As much as the food is a challenge its our thinking that also needs shaking up!!!

As promised here are the propoints for the Hairy Dieters book! If you think ive made any mistakes just let me know!! http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/01/hairy-dieters-propointed.html

Thanks so much for that tiny_penguin. Very much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Tiny penguin, you are a star. Thanks so much for the Hairy Bikjer points. I made their Chicken and Veg Stew at the weekend and loved it. I didn't even think to make potatoes to go with it. I am going to do the Breaded Chicken tonight with salad for me and actifry homemade chips for my OH.

Taz1, I am a big binger. I hate it coz it puts me off for the week then and the guilt is horrendous. I just had to get rid of all goodies out of the house. My last binge was to finish the box of Heroes which my OH opened last week. Now all rubbish is gone. I can't even buy the Choccy Philly coz I know if I like it, I will take into it with a loaf and a knife!

My week is going ok. I overdid it during my weekend away but did walking and went spinning Sunday and Monday so I hope that cured it. 500day tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

First weigh in since re-joining WW is tonight. Bit nervous even though I've done well. Stuck to my PPs and got lots of walks in so should be down a little, even a pound is a step in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Im gonna have to get this Hairy Dieters book yous are all talking about! How much is it?

It was 10 euro in Easons or www.kennys.ie for 12 euro posted to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rawwrrrr

Hey everyone.

Sitting here in tears writing this- basically because I can't stop eating everything in sight. I read that last sentance and it frustrates me, because it would seem that my eating annoyed me that much Id stop- but I cant! Ive been upset about things lately and sadly Im an emotional eater, and today was the fifth in a row of ridiculous days that have reduced me to tears. I feel so fat and unattractive, I'm not venturing anywhere near the scales. I'm going to do one of those 500 days tomorrow, hopefully it will help even a tiny bit. Hope your week is going better than mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

rawwrrrr wrote: »
    Hey everyone.

Sitting here in tears writing this- basically because I can't stop eating everything in sight. I read that last sentance and it frustrates me, because it would seem that my eating annoyed me that much Id stop- but I cant! Ive been upset about things lately and sadly Im an emotional eater, and today was the fifth in a row of ridiculous days that have reduced me to tears. I feel so fat and unattractive, I'm not venturing anywhere near the scales. I'm going to do one of those 500 days tomorrow, hopefully it will help even a tiny bit. Hope your week is going better than mine!

You poor thing - I have been there and I'm sure that many, many people who are here have been in the same situation as well. I gained the weight that I am currently losing during a tough time for me, when I dealt with the stress and everything else by eating about twenty slices of toast a day (two with butter, two with cheese, two with Nutella, repeat). And for me, it was like a vicious circle, felt bad, ate to feel better, then felt guilty, then ate to feel better. And it's really hard, you feel like you're shooting yourself in the foot, but it's very difficult to break the cycle.

Some wee things I find that work for me when I'm starting to feel down are:
    (1) Plan a non food related treat for myself - it might be a lie in, a coffee with a good friend, a file and polish, a face mask, a wee private hour with a good book, a bop around the kitchen to the radio... Just identifying one treat, something to do just for me and to DO it increase my feelings of self worth, without increasing my, um, self girth...
    (2) Clear my environment. SO hard, as I was killed for 'wasting' food when I was a child, but it's either the black bag of the bin or my belly, and I'd rather not 'waste' food on my belly. Clear out all the temptations - even now, sometimes I do crave chocolate, and I have to physically get up and go to the shop for it. It means I have to ask myself if I REALLY want it, and if I do, I go for it, but sometimes I don't and then I have avoided the temptation.
    (3) Please don't be so hard on yourself. I know, I know, easier said than done. But everyone has bad food days, everyone has bad food weeks! But they don't have to mean bad food for life! I said earlier in the thread that I keep a list of my weight loss strengths beside my bed and I read them whenever I feel guilty or demotivated or sad. They remind me of all the reasons I can do this! And if I focused on the bad things, I'd just get more despondent and more likely to reach for the bread bin and the butter. What are your strengths that are contributing to you reaching your goal? They can be anything (my friend does this as well, she has a large amount of weight to lose and wrote down - 'because I am bigger I have a faster metabolism and I have more points per day so it's not as hard!') - it's something I've found really helpful on this, my sixth time starting weight watchers. And for some reason, it's been one of the most empowering strategies I've ever utilised.

Don't stress too much. What's done is done and right now is a brand new start. Plan your meals for tomorrow and take it one step at a time. Five days isn't going to scupper your weight loss, and you can and will get right back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Rawwrrr big hugs it horrible when that happens. Have a nice bath and look after yourself.
    I had a nice weight loss of 3lb today delighted I have 1st 12.5 gone so hope I can get my 4th silver 7 next week:)
    I am losing a propoint now down to 26 darn it was hard enough on 27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I stepped on the scales this evening and was in the middle of telling my leader how bad my week was when a loss of 1.5lbs showed up :D I was delighted and all she said to me was imagine what it would show if you stick to plan!

Quick question. You know all those numbers that come up on the leaders scales on the same screen as your loss, the number beside your loss, is that your exact loss (implying the loss your leader tells you you've had., is a rounded number to the half pound?) if that makes sense?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just back from WW and I'm 2lbs down :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Evening all! Bought the hairy dieters book today after all the talk on here about it and I can't wait to try some recipes! My mouth was watering reading some of them and thank you so much tiny penguin for pointing them on your blog! It's going to save me a lot of time and effort! Hope everyone's week is going ok, I have WI number 2 of 2013 tomorrow and im nervous!! I had a good week so please god it wil be a good loss!

Beyond frustrating but another STS this week. Thats 3 in a row, well actually 4 because the last weigh in before xmas was a STS too. I was so good all week. Tracked every mouthful and upped my exercise even more so I just do not understand it at all.

My leader suggested I call this weight my goal but I am very apprehensive to. I really want to at least get to the 4 stone mark. Also I am just 1 pound into my healthy BMI which doesnt give me much wiggle room. Even a 1.5 gain would put me back to being overweight. I am so confused and I don't know what to do. I told her I would think about it this week. I am going to give up all chocolate this week as I think I was spending too many points in the evenings. I have also dug out my wrist and ankle weights and gonna use them to and from work and finally going to try not use any of my weeklies. If that doesnt work then maybe I have just just reached the weight I am meant to be. So heres to one more week!

Ok my last post obviously didn't make sense!

rawwrrrr wrote: »
    Hey everyone.

rawwrrr you are definitely not alone. I've logged in this morning to get myself back on track after going home last night and gorging myself for 3hrs with everything in sight... to the point where my tummy was rumbling for the night with discomfort. All my own advice went out the door and all I could think was how bad I was feeling and to eat through that. But by the end of it all I felt so much worse.:(
    So its a line in the sand moment again. I realise I have too many treats around the house - granted they are all low fat pointed... but having so much around when theres only me is not good. So I'm gonna control that bit first. Then as others say the pamper myself bit - planning a bath nails mask night now. And gonna chat to a friend who I know will listen but will also boot me up the arse reminding me why I'm doing this... I even questioned did I just wanna stop again and remembered the pre xmas photo where I wasn't happy with what I saw...
    rawwrrr - find what works for you and start again! :)

Beyond frustrating but another STS this week. Thats 3 in a row, well actually 4 because the last weigh in before xmas was a STS too. I was so good all week. Tracked every mouthful and upped my exercise even more so I just do not understand it at all.

My leader suggested I call this weight my goal but I am very apprehensive to. I really want to at least get to the 4 stone mark. Also I am just 1 pound into my healthy BMI which doesnt give me much wiggle room. Even a 1.5 gain would put me back to being overweight. I am so confused and I don't know what to do. I told her I would think about it this week. I am going to give up all chocolate this week as I think I was spending too many points in the evenings. I have also dug out my wrist and ankle weights and gonna use them to and from work and finally going to try not use any of my weeklies. If that doesnt work then maybe I have just just reached the weight I am meant to be. So heres to one more week!

Good luck for the week tiny_penguin.
    This stabilizing so close to goal does seem to be quiet common and perhaps those who've been there are better qualified than me but from my own meeting I'm aware three things that helped other friends getting to goal with this slow down was to reduce the processed food treats to around 2pts a day - ie one WW bar at night. Cut out bread completely also. And also having protein in every meal. The shake up of routine seems to kick start the body again.
    Fingers crossed for you this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Taz1 wrote: »
    Ok my last post obviously didn't make sense!

Sorry Taz1 I never seen them numbers but have WI in the tomorrow at lunch time and ill have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Yahoooo....down 3.5lb last night. Delighted with myself coz that's what I put up over xmas.

Feeling very motivated & looking forward to the week.

Our leader last night said most people stop their new years resolution by Jan 15th so hang in there everyone - we are past that & can do it!!!

gragirl wrote: »
    Good luck for the week tiny_penguin.
    This stabilizing so close to goal does seem to be quiet common and perhaps those who've been there are better qualified than me but from my own meeting I'm aware three things that helped other friends getting to goal with this slow down was to reduce the processed food treats to around 2pts a day - ie one WW bar at night. Cut out bread completely also. And also having protein in every meal. The shake up of routine seems to kick start the body again.
    Fingers crossed for you this week.

I am worried I am going to have to give up the bread - and not that I depend on it or even have it every day, but its an easy go to lunch when am not organised. This week I am having a bagel every day for my lunch but I might give that a rest after this week.

I'm not even going to allow myself the 2pp for treats this week and see how that goes. I usually give up choc in january so not sure why I havent this time. Going for cake and tea in my cousins on sunday though so I was thinking of making either some fruit muffins or white choc florentines to bring with me. Give me something I can indulge in too - just to keep me on track.

Its funny because I am having a much healthier breakfast since christmas. Before I was having a nature valley bar - full of sugar - and now I am having 30g porridge made with water and a WW yoghurt mixed in. I am also drinking much more water since I came back to work. And I can def notice the change in my shape since I have upped the exercise but its just not showing on the scales.

This is the weight my body has got stuck at in the past - sure Ihave got below for some weeks but its always bounced back and stabalised around the 10st10 mark. Maybe this is where I should be at???

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi tiny_penguin
    Are you eating all your daily pp? My leader often says that you need to ensure you eat enough.

I defo find the bread kills me. I cut it out Mon to Fri and I really feel it helps.

I can't remember who was talking about living at home with parents?
    One change I've made is the time that I exercise...Im now having dinner first when I get home & then going out for a walk. When I get back, around 10pm, I head straight to bed, my folks normally "close" the kitchen while I'm out. That way I avoid the biscuit press completely at night, I find I tend to sneak eat when they're not watching.

Natmus - well done, great start to the new year.

cailleach an airgid - love the idea of a non food related treat, going to book myself in for a mani next weekend!

rawwrrrr - Today is a new day, so hopefully you've started it well and (sorry to be blunt) moved on.

Good luck with Wi's, I've lost my "swollen" drink neck thankfully so I'm hoping I'll have some loss .

Flowerpower x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 char1980

Hi everyone

I started weightwatchers last night. I've 1st 9lbs to lose.

Hope to gain inspiration from you guys!!

Charlotte x

Advertisement