Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

bb86 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, Hope you are all having a good wk!
    Can I just ask a question for anyone who goes to evening weigh ins... What do you usually eat that day like would you have your lunch and stuff as normal or would you eat very little for the day? As in how many points would you have used prior to weigh in? Would you drink much water? Or what's the best way to go about it? Sorry about all the questions, I know it's prob only a small difference but still interested to see what others do. Thanks!

I used to have my breakfast & lunch as normal, then prepare my dinner & eat it when I got home. I decided it was too late to be eating a dinner (wouldn't get home from class until 8:30 so not eating till 8:45) as I would sit for an hour then go to bed.

I have decided to have my dinner at my normal time of 6pm, WI at 8 and maybe have a WW bar and a cuppa as a treat watching tv later that night.

I figure if in the same routine each week it won't matter on the scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Eabhabear wrote: »
    If you're eating under 1200 calories then you're in starvation mode. 1200 is the bear minimum you should be eating to last the day unless you doing 5:2. Seeing as you're doing so much exercise its surprising you even lost 1.5lbs. You need to be eating around 1500/1600 calories at least and on some of your exercise days you could even go up to 1800. This is why I'm not a fan of calorie counting as its never straight forward the amount you should be eating. You need to put in your exercise into my fitness and it will tell you the amount you should be eating :). I don't mean to sound harsh but honestly if you don't up you calories you won't lose the weight.

Hi Eabhabear. Thanks for your advice. I thought that cutting down on calories would give me a boost in the weight loss but from what you have said....obviosuly not :( I put in a goal of losing 2 pounds a week on my fitness pal and it gave me a calorie goal of 1220!!! Even though I am eating a lot less than I was, I actually don't feel hungry:confused: I think I'll try to up the calories and see if I notice the difference but I am afraid then that I will be overeating.

I should propably join back ww but I don't have the money at the moment and to be honest I was just fed up of the whole counting pp! I wanted to take a new approach to the whole thing!

I just seem to be stuck at this weight and don't know how to change it. Confused.com:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Had WI at lunch time and after a really good week I was up half a lb really annoyed but I know I just have to put my head down and get on with it, and hope it shows up next week. I went to the cinema this week and for the first time ever I ate nothing I was so proud of myself and I also did a 6.5km run which is the furthest I have ever ran so v disappointed when your hard work doesn't show up at weight in. what I would love to do now is eat all round me have a real binge but I wont cause ill only feel worse for it tomorrow. hoping I can be good over the weekend. Going to track everything I track perfectly Monday to Friday evening then the tracker gets lost for the weekend so ill try not let that happen this weekend, best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Had WI at lunch time and after a really good week I was up half a lb really annoyed but I know I just have to put my head down and get on with it, and hope it shows up next week. I went to the cinema this week and for the first time ever I ate nothing I was so proud of myself and I also did a 6.5km run which is the furthest I have ever ran so v disappointed when your hard work doesn't show up at weight in. what I would love to do now is eat all round me have a real binge but I wont cause ill only feel worse for it tomorrow. hoping I can be good over the weekend. Going to track everything I track perfectly Monday to Friday evening then the tracker gets lost for the weekend so ill try not let that happen this weekend, best of luck to everyone

Well done on not giving up, I find it hardest when I work really hard and it doesn't show up but you know it will do give it a week of being good and you'll see that loss and this weeks loss... Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Down 2lb this week! Was a bit surprised because it was my birthday last week and I had a bit of a binge for it. Back on track now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Weigh in today. Down 3lbs now. Very happy. Down 10% of original weight. Forgot to ask about goal so going to check healthy Bmi in the original book and tackle leader about it next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Was anybody else asked in class to set a 4 week goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

Anyone looking for some more good advice help and want to stay motivated always looking for new members on facebook page just search weight watchers Ireland we have nearly 60members now. It's a closed group so all info is only seen by members.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Ok so I had my usual 13pp left for my dinner and had cod tonight - but cod is so low in pp - even cooking it in 1tsp oil, having low low spread with my baked potato and mayo with my fish I still have 3pp. Was thinking of doing 1 hour on my stepper and then using my 3pp for some low fat yoghurt with a tsp of honey. Any other suggestion of a healthy way to use my last 3pp??

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Was anybody else asked in class to set a 4 week goal?
    No mention of goal setting in class. Discussion about importance of breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Just joined my first Weight Watchers meeting this morning, thrilled!

I lost weight with the plan before (at home) but then lost the run of myself so determined to stick to it this time! Have felt so unmotivated but going to the class this morning and getting officially signed up and weighed in just changed my mind set, am ready to make real tracks this year!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 muat21

Heya, welcome! Firstly, congratulations on a loss, because any loss is a good thing. Secondly, you said it yourself, it took you six months to put on a stone. It's not going to vanish in the first week, or probably not even the first month.

Weeklies are a grey area for everyone - I'd say, use them if you feel you need them. That's what they're there for - the Wednesday night when you've no daily PP left and you'd love a bowl of cereal. The Saturday night when you'd like a glass of wine or a muffin. You're not going to pile on weight by using weeklies - but if you feel you don't need them, don't use them. If you need them, track them.

With regards to carbs, apart from white bread which I find really stodgy, you can still have your carbs. Just weigh, point, and track them properly and control your portions.

You're just getting over a bad dose, so give yourself a break this week. Stick to your plan over the next week, use your weeklies if necessary - they wouldn't be allowed if they were going to make you gain weight automatically so don't be worrying about that.

Everything takes time, and our bodies take a little time to readjust to good habits after months of bad ones. Go easy on yourself and see how it goes this week.

You should really talk to your leader if there are any aspects of the plan you don't grasp - that's why they are there, because they understand & they've done it too. You're paying for the class, use the resources :)

Best of luck x

Thanks for all your advice! Youre right I guess I was jumping the gun a little bit! I will see how I get on at weigh in this week. I am so focused so I am hoping I will see the results! This thread is great a real eye opener!

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Knockout_91

Ok so I had my usual 13pp left for my dinner and had cod tonight - but cod is so low in pp - even cooking it in 1tsp oil, having low low spread with my baked potato and mayo with my fish I still have 3pp. Was thinking of doing 1 hour on my stepper and then using my 3pp for some low fat yoghurt with a tsp of honey. Any other suggestion of a healthy way to use my last 3pp??

What kind of stepper do you have out of interest?

Do you find it works?

I was considering purchasing one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Had my first weigh in on Wednesday since joining last week and was down 5lbs. Am pure thrilled, followed my points religiously, and tracked everything. Need to get working on the exercise though, thats the bit I find hard to get motivated to do. I work shift work as well so my meal times are different every second week, I find when i finish work in the nite time (1am) I'm starving, so I'm trying to keep pp's for then, but at the same time I dont want to be eating too late. Before WW I wouldn't have cared and would just have pigged out. Still 5lbs is brilliant, was 13 st at start and would love to get down to 10, that's my own goal, but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Day 4 of my new week and I'm happy with how I've been getting on. Was in such a foul mood yesterday, tired, weak etc, that I was SO close to binging on a box of heroes. I had to throw on dinner early so that I wouldn't. Also made the Hairy Dieters Minestrone soup for lunch today, tried some last night, amazing! It does look a bit odd admittedly but it tastes delicious. I'm looking for something low cal, that will fill me a bit more at lunch time. Trying to be really strict with myself this week as I might be going for dinner before a gig on Sunday and then I've dinner with friends next Thursday and a family birthday night out next Saturday so I know my week next week wont be great! Heres hoping for a good weekend food wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

So i'm going to cliff house hotel with hubbie on saturday as part of my Christmas pressie! Yippee, i can't wait!

Anyhoo, I have been really good all week as I plan on enjoying myself when i get there and we are going for the 8 course taster menu in michelin starred restaurant. But weighed myself this morning hoping i had built up a buffer, and no - the same as monday morning. :(

An what do i do, instead of having porridge and being good, i go and have two slices of toast with butter - how many times can you repeatedly do stupid things!!!

Just need to be good for the rest of the day and go from there really. annoyed with self....

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

So I'm down .5lbs this week. Its a loss and I'm amazed after the damage I did on Tues night. It does make me wonder if I'd been good what I'd have achieved! So on to another week and I'm hoping the weather doesn't prevent me getting out and about over the w/e - that would not be good for Ms Picky Fingers!

Lormuz wrote: »
    So i'm going to cliff house hotel with hubbie on saturday as part of my Christmas pressie! Yippee, i can't wait!

Anyhoo, I have been really good all week as I plan on enjoying myself when i get there and we are going for the 8 course taster menu in michelin starred restaurant. But weighed myself this morning hoping i had built up a buffer, and no - the same as monday morning. :(

An what do i do, instead of having porridge and being good, i go and have two slices of toast with butter - how many times can you repeatedly do stupid things!!!

Just need to be good for the rest of the day and go from there really. annoyed with self....

Lormuz - line in the sand. Its done now - if you let the guilt and frustration get to you we all know where that goes. Rather view this as you're a kid learning to ride a bike and this morning you fell off. Get back up and keep trying! Maybe try get in a walk or something. Drink lots of water. And most importantly enjoy your w/e! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Morning All!
    Happy Friday

Down 2.5 pounds last night, delighted. Really happy with myself too, have made a good effort cooking from scratch this week.

Was anyone elses class so unbelievably busy? I was 25 mins after class waiting to get weighed. It'll all "filter" out I suppose.

Anyone a fan of a BLT? I'm going to try a Slimbo, 3 bacon medallions, lettuce, tomato and extra light mayo - 5 pp in all if I'm not mistaken?

This Monday is the gloomiest of the year it seems. So, I'm trying very hard to keep positive!! I don't want my hard work to fall by the way side.

So, in a bid to avoid the blues, I'm going to...
    1. Get out in the fresh air - I know the weather is miserable, but I have a rain coat.
    2. Treat myself to a file and paint.
    3. Stick with avoiding the bread, it stops me feeling sluggish.

so....What are you going to do to stay positive?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lp85

First WI last night since joining and I'm down 3lbs so off to a good start. I'm hoping if I can keep going at a 1 to 2 lb loss per week I'll be at goal by Christmas 2013 which would be a great pressie to myself :)

Our leader made an interesting point last night about how we eat things for the momentary pleasure they give us but then how we feel guilty for ages afterwards. I'm a divil for snacking on biscuits in work but then I do spend so much time feeling frustrated or upset about my weight. For some reason putting the thought of all the time wasted feeling bad in my head caused a lightbulb to go off and it seems easier to resist the snacks now. Hope it sticks and pays off at WI next week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Down 1.5 in the class last night which I was very happy with, if I really really track this week hopefully I'll keep it up. I'm happy losing anything now, I don't need 2 pound loses every week to be happy I reckon!

Greatest revelation this week was cinnamon in porridge, using miles less sugar than I used to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Morning All!
    Happy Friday

Down 2.5 pounds last night, delighted. Really happy with myself too, have made a good effort cooking from scratch this week.

Was anyone elses class so unbelievably busy? I was 25 mins after class waiting to get weighed. It'll all "filter" out I suppose.

Anyone a fan of a BLT? I'm going to try a Slimbo, 3 bacon medallions, lettuce, tomato and extra light mayo - 5 pp in all if I'm not mistaken?

This Monday is the gloomiest of the year it seems. So, I'm trying very hard to keep positive!! I don't want my hard work to fall by the way side.

So, in a bid to avoid the blues, I'm going to...
    1. Get out in the fresh air - I know the weather is miserable, but I have a rain coat.
    2. Treat myself to a file and paint.
    3. Stick with avoiding the bread, it stops me feeling sluggish.

so....What are you going to do to stay positive?!

Had that BLT without the T last weekend really yummy, I toasted the slimbo first really nice and low PP lunch or breakfast. Enjoy

Happy Friday Everyone:D:D

Ok so after my bad luck with the scales lately I have decided to stay away from them and stop weighing myself. I have been counting calories for 2 weeks now and exercising and only lost 1.5lbs (whereas I would usually lose about 5lbs in my first week of being good):mad: This has then led to me being in such a terrible humour all day and wondering what the point is and basically eating what I wanted!!!

BUT today I noticed a difference in my body shape......my "love handles" have definately reduced in the last couple of weeks. So to me a change in body shape is much more important than the number on the scales. I am going to continue with the healthy eating and the exercise and hopefully the loss in figures will follow (when I eventually decide to weigh myself again in a couiple of months time):P

Not loving this weather - was hoping to go for a nice long walk in glendalough tomorrow with the OH but I know that if the weather is like this then he will not be leaving the apartment. Did a super kettlebells session this morning and want to keep up the activity over the weekend. So if my OH is being lazy I might try drag my sister out in the rain or just go walking near where I live on my own.

Since being so strict on myself I have nothing that maybe I wasnt as 100% good as I thought I had been - not counting the bites here and there and eating something just cos my OH is. I forgot how good it feels being so strict and feel that I have turned a page. Am just praying this shows on the scales!

Here comes the weekend - so good luck everyone

Boop22 wrote: »
    Happy Friday Everyone:D:D

Ok so after my bad luck with the scales lately I have decided to stay away from them and stop weighing myself. I have been counting calories for 2 weeks now and exercising and only lost 1.5lbs (whereas I would usually lose about 5lbs in my first week of being good):mad: This has then led to me being in such a terrible humour all day and wondering what the point is and basically eating what I wanted!!!

BUT today I noticed a difference in my body shape......my "love handles" have definately reduced in the last couple of weeks. So to me a change in body shape is much more important than the number on the scales. I am going to continue with the healthy eating and the exercise and hopefully the loss in figures will follow (when I eventually decide to weigh myself again in a couiple of months time):P

THats really what its all about - the number on the scales will follow if you shape is changing. Have you taken measurements? They are also a great way to really see how your body is changing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Down 2lbs today! Very happy with that considering my less than impressive week. Like gragirl though, I am now thinking about how much I could have lost if I'd been good. Isn't it ridiculous how hard we are on ourselves? If I lose, I wish I'd lost more, if I sts or go up, I feel so disappointed, if I go to the gym, I feel I could've pushed myself harder (even if the sweat drips off me!), if I don't go to the gym, I feel so guilty whether I stick to my pp for the day or not. I think I need to relax and feel proud of how well I've done and like someone here said, draw a line under the bad moments and get back on the bike :)

CavanGal wrote: »
    Down 2lbs today! Very happy with that considering my less than impressive week. Like gragirl though, I am now thinking about how much I could have lost if I'd been good. Isn't it ridiculous how hard we are on ourselves? If I lose, I wish I'd lost more, if I sts or go up, I feel so disappointed, if I go to the gym, I feel I could've pushed myself harder (even if the sweat drips off me!), if I don't go to the gym, I feel so guilty whether I stick to my pp for the day or not. I think I need to relax and feel proud of how well I've done and like someone here said, draw a line under the bad moments and get back on the bike :)

Well said CavanGal!!!
    And well done on the 2lbs!!!

THats really what its all about - the number on the scales will follow if you shape is changing. Have you taken measurements? They are also a great way to really see how your body is changing!

Hi Tiny,

Haven't taken measurements yet, must do over the weekend though:)

Was kinda bold for lunch today. Had a hot chicken wrap and about 10 chips!!! I think the horrible weather makes you want to eat nice hot comfort food:rolleyes:

Anyway I will try have a light dinner tonight and do half an hour on exercise bike to cancel out my boldness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi girls

(and boys)

How are ye all getting on?
    Week 3 really for me but finding it so hard to stick to plan.
    Starting afresh really today.
    Have so much more going on in my life too at the moment and I think that's making things seem harder than what they actually are.

I've lost 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks so I am hoping for my half a stone next week.
    Hope ye are all well!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 gill1

Hi All hope everyone is doing gud was wondering if anyone knows the pp of lamb chops. The small ones with the bones??? Thanks in advance

Advertisement