Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

One of the girls leaving work today so of course on teabreak today they had cakes a toblerone cheese cake, carrott cake, cream sponge, tirmasu , scones, a plate of biccs, omg so hard sat there with everone chomping away eating my ww yogurt for 1pp! Now that's willpower! Wish I could do that all the time :)
    they all trying to get me to have some!
    Can't find weight watchers Ireland for facebook when I search anyone join?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Want to make the hairy bikers minced beef and potato pies tomorrow. Anyone who's made them, how big are they? I couldn't find foil pie dishes anywhere today, so I bought foil storage containers today- they're the same size as Chinese takeaway containers, would they be too big?? I could make one big one, but I'll want to freeze a couple of the little ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Hi could anybody help me work out daily propoints please? It's for a male height 5'7 weight 17stone 4lbs and aged 55.
    Id appreciate any help please, or even if anyone could point me in the direction so i can work it out myself!
    thanksXxx

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Made the hairy dieters chicken korma today, twas nice, but I think I prefer the jalfrezi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

cailindana wrote: »
    Hi could anybody help me work out daily propoints please? It's for a male height 5'7 weight 17stone 4lbs and aged 55.
    Id appreciate any help please, or even if anyone could point me in the direction so i can work it out myself!
    thanksXxx

Hey he would be on 44 points daily.

• Advertisement

Taz1 wrote: »
    Made the hairy dieters chicken korma today, twas nice, but I think I prefer the jalfrezi!

I loved the korma. I'm going to give the jalfrezi a bash next week. I made the lasagne yesterday, and the asparagus and bacon flan today (without the asparagus). Both got a thumbs up, though I think last years operation transformation veg lasagne is more flavoursome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ck83 wrote: »
    I loved the korma. I'm going to give the jalfrezi a bash next week. I made the lasagne yesterday, and the asparagus and bacon flan today (without the asparagus). Both got a thumbs up, though I think last years operation transformation veg lasagne is more flavoursome!

Made the jalfrezi tonight and it was yum - though my chillis were a little spicy. My mouth is burning. I thought it was just as good as the korma, which I also loved though my OH was not mad about the korma. Will wait til he gets home from work to see what he thinks of the jalfrezi!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Totally forgot how great it feels to cycle! Hoping the weather stays good because I've been cycling far more then usual. Otherwise it's too tempting to take the car.

Week is going well so far. Freddo bars are only 2 points! I never realised how bloody hard it is to find good food in a shop. It took a few minutes More then it should to find the fruit and I couldn't find any sort of non chocolate bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

No mention of goal setting in class. Discussion about importance of breakfast.

Could be just our leader then. I'm on day 3 of week 2 and I'm not feeling great. Coming down with the flu I think. I don't really have much of an appetite which probably isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

tattoo86 wrote: »

Hey he would be on 44 points daily.
    Thanks a mill for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

Lost 1lb at this weeks WI, I know its good but im trying to aim for 2lb a week so a little disappointed but ready to get it right this week... Just wondering if anybody knows the pps in a turkey leg/thigh... My mams cooking a frozen turkey she had left from over Xmas and I don't like the breast... Tried to find it but all I can find are the pps for breast...

deni86 wrote: »
    Lost 1lb at this weeks WI, I know its good but im trying to aim for 2lb a week so a little disappointed but ready to get it right this week... Just wondering if anybody knows the pps in a turkey leg/thigh... My mams cooking a frozen turkey she had left from over Xmas and I don't like the breast... Tried to find it but all I can find are the pps for breast...
    It's probably similar to chicken- your purple book will have the pp for chicken leg, maybe just weigh out your turkey and compare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

deni86 wrote: »

I put it into my fitness pal and here is the nutrition for a

Turkey Leg. Roasted, Meat Only No Skin 5oz- so you may have to convert to grams if you're weighing food

Carbs: 0
    Protein: 40g
    Fat: 3g
    Fibre: 0g

So going by an online calculator that would be 4propoints for the 5oz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Knockout_91

Hello

Just wondering, how do you calculate propoints for homemade cakes?

Do I propoint all the individual ingredients then divide the total by the amount of portions it provides?

Also @Tiny_Penguin:

Bought the Hairy Dieters cookbook today and entered the PP to each recipe in it - thank you!

How did you calculate them?

Also @Tiny_Penguin:

Bought the Hairy Dieters cookbook today and entered the PP to each recipe in it - thank you!

How did you calculate them?

I worked out the ingredients and then divided by the number of portions. I'd do the same for any recipe not propoints already. I have the shop book which has way more ingredients so its a bit easier but still quite time consuming!!

Day 4 of me staying on track went really well. We still got our takeaway but got sushi which as my boyfriend said is so low fat and healthy it shouldn't really be considered a weight watcher treat. But it's so tasty!! All counted and within my dailies!!

Also going to my cousins for tea and cakes and baked the white choc Florentines and haven't even had one yet. Also going to make so scones or muffins tomorrow to bring as well, just so I have something to eat!!

Feeling great about this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I made the chicken jalfrezi again last night (3rd time having it this week!!) and it was sooooo good, I have to say I am loving it! I made it to serve 4, so I'm gonna give one serving away and freeze the other 2. There is quite a lot of preparation and cooking time involved (sat down to eat it an hour after I had started!) but so worth it in my opinion.. Anyway I've had a great Tuesday to Saturday and have started off well today so far. I'm off to dinner this evening before going to a gig tonight and Gourmet Burger Kitchen is our destination. Now I know burgers can be extremely bad, but, I've had a sneaky look at the menu online and am thinking of going for falafel (has anyone tried this?) or a chicken breast burger without the buns and loads of salad, and perhaps being a bit bold and splitting a portion of home made chips with the OH. I've worked hard all week for this so while I want to be careful, I want to enjoy it! Anyone any other weight watcher friendly recommendations from here? Happy Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

I made the chicken jalfrezi again last night (3rd time having it this week!!) and it was sooooo good, I have to say I am loving it! I made it to serve 4, so I'm gonna give one serving away and freeze the other 2. There is quite a lot of preparation and cooking time involved (sat down to eat it an hour after I had started!) but so worth it in my opinion.. Anyway I've had a great Tuesday to Saturday and have started off well today so far. I'm off to dinner this evening before going to a gig tonight and Gourmet Burger Kitchen is our destination. Now I know burgers can be extremely bad, but, I've had a sneaky look at the menu online and am thinking of going for falafel (has anyone tried this?) or a chicken breast burger without the buns and loads of salad, and perhaps being a bit bold and splitting a portion of home made chips with the OH. I've worked hard all week for this so while I want to be careful, I want to enjoy it! Anyone any other weight watcher friendly recommendations from here? Happy Sunday!

The faflal burger is coming up as 431 kals on MfP and chunky chips are coming up as 253 so half the chips would be about 127 plus your burger makes the whole meal 558 which isn't bad for a dinner, a cheese burger alone is over 800 kals so I think your making a very good choice

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭All4shopping

Hi all long time looker on the thread, 2nd time to join ww hopefully last time! Just wondering how many pp would be in a homemade vegtable soup from a cafe? Thanks in advance! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Hi all long time looker on the thread, 2nd time to join ww hopefully last time! Just wondering how many pp would be in a homemade vegtable soup from a cafe? Thanks in advance! :)

It would depend on how creamy it is or if it had potatoes. A lot of veg used in soups have tons of butter melted on them. It is very hard to point. If it was creamy it could be as high as 7/8.

I have just spent the entire day cooking. I have cooked all my meals for the rest of the week. I made veg soup, a mashed veg and chicken dinner, a chicken pie that I think I got from this thread ages ago and then the Hairy Dieters chicken and ham tangle pie and the lamb hotpot. The lamb hotpot mixture is gorgeous. I'm having it for dinner in a bit so I'll let you know the actual pie is like.

I just had the lamb hotpot and its gorgeous. The lamb was really tender. My only worry would be that the amount of potatoes in it. I think it'll be kept for a treat dish as I don't want to be eating too much potatoes/bread/pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Hi all. Reading all the positive comments re the hairy dieters. Thinking of buying the book but as I own lots of cookbooks that I don't use do you think it is worth it for a reluctant cook? Are there easy recipes in there or do you have to be fairly accomplished in the kitchen??

Hi all. Reading all the positive comments re the hairy dieters. Thinking of buying the book but as I own lots of cookbooks that I don't use do you think it is worth it for a reluctant cook? Are there easy recipes in there or do you have to be fairly accomplished in the kitchen??

The recipes are gorgeous but like making any meal they do take time to cook. Maybe you should try the cook books you have and just make the recipes healthy but substituting the ingredients where need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Eabhabear wrote: »

The recipes are gorgeous but like making any meal they do take time to cook. Maybe you should try the cook books you have and just make the recipes healthy but substituting the ingredients where need be.
    Thanks for the reply. I think I will try to cook something from one I have this week and will get a hairy dieters recipe on the BBC website next weekend when I have a bit more time to cook too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brownel

Hey all,
    So, I've finally decided to try make some different things to my usual dinners as been getting a bit bored of it recently, I'm not the greatest cook so not great at 'throwing stuff together' myself.
    Made my first homemade soup the other day, super simple Tomato and Basil (Thanks ccseli for the recipe) but was so chuffed as have never made anything from scratch like that. I eat fresh food but normally fish/meat/veg/pasta.
    So, am looking for some help/advice on some other easy ideas to get me going before trying something harder.
    Anyone got more simple 0pp soups? And any suggestions on alternatives to relatively traditional Irish dinners that don't take too long to prepare and cook?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭All4shopping

Eabhabear wrote: »

It would depend on how creamy it is or if it had potatoes. A lot of veg used in soups have tons of butter melted on them. It is very hard to point. If it was creamy it could be as high as 7/8.

Cheers for that it wasn't creamy but there was potato in it, seemed very similar to what I would make at home but don't want to get caught out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 muat21

Hi Guys! Big WI tomorrow and feeling really nervous as was only doen 1/2 a pound last week! was really good this week had chicken salads fresh salmon etc so hopefullt will see the results! Made a chilli con cairne tonight with the ww sauce(2pp for half a jar!!)-was delicious! used 125grms of mince for 6pp-was worried because thought the portion looked tiny but once i had it cooked with the sauce and added in some veg it was huge! had it wil 300g of pots for 6pp! Highly reccomend this-was my weekend treat!

what do you guys think of the tesco lighter choices prepacked food? I had chicken pasta arabiata twice this week at lunch as I was working late and didnt want to be eating a big dinner at 10 at night....I know they are propointed for you etc but di you think they are bad in terms of losing weight? I suppose im still getting used WW and not used to trying to lose weight but not feeling hungry ?!! Anybody else having this issue? I just feel nervous although i'm pointing everything im not sure im doing the right things! I guess ill find out tomorrow at weigh in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

muat21 wrote: »
    what do you guys think of the tesco lighter choices prepacked food? I had chicken pasta arabiata twice this week at lunch as I was working late and didnt want to be eating a big dinner at 10 at night....I know they are propointed for you etc but di you think they are bad in terms of losing weight? I suppose im still getting used WW and not used to trying to lose weight but not feeling hungry ?!! Anybody else having this issue? I just feel nervous although i'm pointing everything im not sure im doing the right things! I guess ill find out tomorrow at weigh in!!

Well done on your healthy week! Sounds like you're doing great! Just be careful of the Tesco meals as the propoints can be slightly off, you'd be better off just double checking the figures on the WW calculator. They're grand for a quick fix, especially when you're working long hours but they can be high in salt and preservatives. Once every so often is grand! :)

I know how you feel about feeling full! I was STUFFED yesterday but had cals left so ate what I had left! Have done so before and was grand!

• Advertisement

Well done on your healthy week! Sounds like you're doing great! Just be careful of the Tesco meals as the propoints can be slightly off, you'd be better off just double checking the figures on the WW calculator. They're grand for a quick fix, especially when you're working long hours but they can be high in salt and preservatives. Once every so often is grand! :)

I know how you feel about feeling full! I was STUFFED yesterday but had cals left so ate what I had left! Have done so before and was grand!

Hey DoctorWhoGirl

I saw the before and after photos of your weight loss in another thread - my God, incredible. Congratulations you really are an inspiration :)

Anyway, I was just wondering what height/weight you are currently? And what you started at? Also, how long did it take you to get to the weight you are currently at?

Advertisement