Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hey DoctorWhoGirl

I saw the before and after photos of your weight loss in another thread - my God, incredible. Congratulations you really are an inspiration :)

Anyway, I was just wondering what height/weight you are currently? And what you started at? Also, how long did it take you to get to the weight you are currently at?

Aw thank you :o

I'm 5ft 4 and 10st 5 at the minute. That's literally on the cusp of a healthy BMI but my doctor says with the exercise I do I have a good bit of muscle so I'm alright once I'm below the 10st 7 mark! I'm trying to get to the 9st 7 mark personally though! :P

I started trying to lose in about June 2009 at 16stone on the dot but had been heavier previous to that, I just never weighed myself. Joined WW in August that year.

Got to goal June 2010, I weighed in at 9st 13. :) So just about a year. It was when I joined WW that the weight properly came off though!

Since then I've been between 10st and 11st. I gain very easily so maintenance is tough for me but I'm really trying now to get back down a bit more. To be honest though, once I'm not near that 16 stone mark again I'm happy! And once my clothes still fit! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

brownel wrote: »
    So, am looking for some help/advice on some other easy ideas to get me going before trying something harder.
    Anyone got more simple 0pp soups? And any suggestions on alternatives to relatively traditional Irish dinners that don't take too long to prepare and cook?

I find mashed or roasted veg is a great substitute to potatoes and are free except for parsnips. I would mix carrots, parsnips and swede together. The beauty is I can have as much or as little as possible. I can still have traditional Irish dinner with meat, mashed veg, gravy, and salad. If you go through this thread and some of the older WW threads you'll find some great recipes.
    muat21 wrote: »
    what do you guys think of the tesco lighter choices prepacked food? I had chicken pasta arabiata twice this week at lunch as I was working late and didnt want to be eating a big dinner at 10 at night....I know they are propointed for you etc but di you think they are bad in terms of losing weight? I suppose im still getting used WW and not used to trying to lose weight but not feeling hungry ?!! Anybody else having this issue? I just feel nervous although i'm pointing everything im not sure im doing the right things! I guess ill find out tomorrow at weigh in!!

Technically they shouldn't stop you losing weight if you're still within points but they are in no way good for you. As doctorwhogirl said they are full of salt, preservatives and sugar. I understand they can be good in emergency so I would recommend a the M&S Count on Us range. While they are still convenience food and contain preservatives etc, I think they are better quality than Tesco's. I would have one or two in the freezer in case I ever get caught out.
    If you're unsure, go back over everything and double check that you're pointing them right. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask here or your leader. Good luck at your WI tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Cheers for that it wasn't creamy but there was potato in it, seemed very similar to what I would make at home but don't want to get caught out!

If its homemade on site then usually they don't mind you asking. I always ask if oil or butter was used, if any cream was added and if there is potato in it. Makes it easier to work out the pp and staff are generally as helpful as they can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Knockout_91

Aw thank you :o

I'm 5ft 4 and 10st 5 at the minute. That's literally on the cusp of a healthy BMI but my doctor says with the exercise I do I have a good bit of muscle so I'm alright once I'm below the 10st 7 mark! I'm trying to get to the 9st 7 mark personally though! :P

I started trying to lose in about June 2009 at 16stone on the dot but had been heavier previous to that, I just never weighed myself. Joined WW in August that year.

Got to goal June 2010, I weighed in at 9st 13. :) So just about a year. It was when I joined WW that the weight properly came off though!

Since then I've been between 10st and 11st. I gain very easily so maintenance is tough for me but I'm really trying now to get back down a bit more. To be honest though, once I'm not near that 16 stone mark again I'm happy! And once my clothes still fit! :P

6 stone in one year! :O

Wow! That's incredible. Have you any tips? During that time, did you stick to the daily points religiously? And lastly, how much exercise did you do? For instance, would you say sticking to the daily points was enough, or was exercise a huge factor? If so, what exercise? (Sorry about all the questions!) :o

It's my second time on WW, I gave it up the first time because I felt that I was up and down a pound every week... so after about spending €100, I was at the weight I started at. Although I must admit I got lazy and I started rounding off points, whereas now I am tracking every single thing.

Stuck to my plan and only allowed myself sweet treats today. I had one of my florentines at my cousins and half a small slice of her gluten free carrot cake which was so delicious it was quite difficult not to go back for more, but I didn't. I am feeling so good about my weigh in on tuesday!!

I also made this to bring to my cousins, which by all account went down a treat. Lemon and orange drizzle cake. 5pp per piece, (if you make the pieces smaller you can get a piece for 3 or 4pp) Was quite easy to make too!

http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2013/01/st-clements-drizzle-cake.html

• Advertisement

6 stone in one year! :O

Wow! That's incredible. Have you any tips? During that time, did you stick to the daily points religiously? And lastly, how much exercise did you do? For instance, would you say sticking to the daily points was enough, or was exercise a huge factor? If so, what exercise? (Sorry about all the questions!) :o

It's my second time on WW, I gave it up the first time because I felt that I was up and down a pound every week... so after about spending €100, I was at the weight I started at. Although I must admit I got lazy and I started rounding off points, whereas now I am tracking every single thing.

Don't be silly, I don't mind at all! So long as noone else in the thread minds!!! I had a friend who had lost weight when I started and I had her pure mithered!

I have to say, not to blow my own horn, but I was fairly dedicated, purely cos I had to be. Even now I'm not trustworthy when it comes to portions etc!!! So I did stick to my points rigidly. That being said I had my days off every so often and every Thursday after weigh in myself and my mam had a chinese. A pointed chinese, but a chinese!!! I was on the old points system as well so didn't have the bonus of weekly allowance!

Tracking is a big thing for me. Even though I'm more onto cal counting at the minute I still write down every bite! If you bite it, write it my leader said!

Exercise was and is huge with me. I literally couldn't walk up the stairs without being wrecked, but I built it up.
    I started with Figure 8, which is like Curves and I did that with a friend 2/3 times a week.
    Once I had lost a bit I felt more confident in trying other things. I started rebounding in the gym and I did couch to 5k. The May before I got to goal I ran the mini marathon and it was such a good feeling!!! These days I do boxing once a week and then do weight training and a bit of cardio the other days, about 5 days a week. I'm starting back to football this week too which is huge for me as I gave it up when I started to get heavy!

I think with exercise though it's about doing what you like and what you're able for. No point pushing yourself too far to the point where you hate doing it. And you don't need exercise to lose weight, you can do it through food alone. Exercise just helps and if you have a significant amount of weight to lose it helps with toning up as you go. I'm not as *ahem* firm around some areas but I'm grand like!! Much better than I was when I had weight on and thankfully exercise has really helped with toning! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

So, I'm quite happy with my meal out in GBK this evening. Weetabix for breakfast, light salad for lunch, piece of dark chocolate and then GBK for dinner where I chose chargrilled chicken without the bun, but a bit of mozarella and about 2 tbsp of habanero sauce on a bed of mixed salad with some homeslaw and a side of homecut fries which I split with the OH (about 7/8 fries in total!). Had one of those snack wafer bars and a yogurt then when I got home and sin e. Hopefully minimal damage done, but shall find out at WI tomorrow!

Taz1 wrote: »
    So, I'm quite happy with my meal out in GBK this evening. Weetabix for breakfast, light salad for lunch, piece of dark chocolate and then GBK for dinner where I chose chargrilled chicken without the bun, but a bit of mozarella and about 2 tbsp of habanero sauce on a bed of mixed salad with some homeslaw and a side of homecut fries which I split with the OH (about 7/8 fries in total!). Had one of those snack wafer bars and a yogurt then when I got home and sin e. Hopefully minimal damage done, but shall find out at WI tomorrow!

Sounds like a great day, really well managed! Best of luck tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly! Have you much to go Taz? (If you don't mind me asking!! :o)

Sounds like a great day, really well managed! Best of luck tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly! Have you much to go Taz? (If you don't mind me asking!! :o)

Thanks doctorwhogirl, and thanks to you for being a great source of support on MFP too! Well I'm currently .5 above goal but have a few events coming up this wee so have been working on trying to give myself a bit of a buffer!

Thanks doctorwhogirl, and thanks to you for being a great source of support on MFP too! Well I'm currently .5 above goal but have a few events coming up this wee so have been working on trying to give myself a bit of a buffer!

Oh brilliant! How did I forget you were at goal. Head like a sieve, I do remember reading that!

I know what you mean about a buffer! When I got to goal I went up the next week by like a pound and then I went on holidays and never got to get my buffer in place! If I see my goal again, which I hopefully will, I'm going to work on a buffer too! My goal was 10st and I'm free 10st 5 and under but 5 pounds isn't a huge amount! Especially for me! I look at a doughnut and I've 5 five pounds on! :P

• Advertisement

Oh this weather is awful to be out in. Nearly froze on my walk to work and practically inhaled my porridge just to get some heat into me. Was feeling so good about my lunch I made last night - a salad with chickpeas, goats cheese, smoked salmon and loads of salad veg - but now all I want is a stew or a soup or something to keep me warm!! Gonna go make some tea now - the warmth from the porridge is all gone. Wrap up warm out there guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Bah, stupid snow getting in the way of my run today :mad:

I haven't posted here in ages but I've been following the thread to see how everyone's getting on. Maintaining is going grand for me now. I found it hard to stop losing at first but I kept adding to my dailies every week until I started seeing STSs on the scales. They're now up to 34 which I'm delighted with because I'm loving my healthy fats at the moment! Before I levelled out I got to 8lbs under my WW goal and I have to say, I am really happy with my current weight so am going to maintain this.

Good luck to everyone with their WIs this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Diaster of a weekend. Fecking drink is a killer for the propoints!!

Went out for dinner and a few drinks on Friday...fish cakes, thai curry, boiled rice, (watched everyone eat dessert) had wine with meal and a few beers after. It had eaten into my weeklies within minutes. This is the part of ww that I hate. I find you nearly have to sit in and stay away from alcohol.

As I was hungover on Saturday I ate crap, so not only did I use up my daily pp, my weekly pp, I also used my exercise (which I never touch) & still managed to go over by 5 pp. Did a sneaky WI this morning & was 1lb up...hopefully I can get that down before my WI tomorrow evening.

Not as positive as I was this day last week...but I'll stick at it :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Rubbish week again. Was up 0.8lbs. Just have no motivation and the appetite of a horse in this cold weather. Am going to try and keep within my dailies this week. Was grand before Christmas but struggling at the mo. Need to get back in the right head space. Please tell me Im not the only one struggling. I did make a big batch of the hairy dieters bolognese yesterday though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

I had a bad weekend, I didn't point so just wrote off all my weeklies. I went out on Saturday and drank sparkling water so at least I saved there. We went for Sunday lunch yesterday and I tried to be sensible but destroyed that by digging into the hobknobs when I got home. Friday and Saturday weren't great either but I have 4 days to make up for it! The weather is so demotivating! All I want to do after work is jump on the luas and go home, not walk to the gym.

I didn't have time to make my soup over the weekend but I will do it this evening and I'm going to start printing off a few recipes and putting them in my WW folder. I have to say, I am loving the Hairy Dieters recipes. I never thought of writing the propoints in the book with them. Doh! I am going to do the paprika chicken and the beef pie this week. How long did the pie take altogether? Is it better to make it at the weekend instead of in the evening after work? I think I will make one big pie as I don't have dishes for individual ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hello everyone!

Well I rejoined WW on Wed 9th January and I will be having my first WI this Wednesday evening (as I had a fall on holiday and ended up in hospital - long story).

Anyway I hadn't been at WW since April 2011 and I've gained exactly one stone.

I guess it could have been much worse, but I was hoping not to see a 12 on the scales again!

I've not been able to properly track so I'm not sure how I've been getting on, but I've definitely been eating a lot less than I had been eating and I'm trying to make more healthy choices with less picking at night.

I haven't been able to exercise but I'm hoping to get back into it a little this week.

I started my MSc. online last week so with working full-time my spare time is almost nil!

Fingers crossed for Wednesday anyway, I would like to be in the 11's again so I can move forward. My goal is 10 st 5 lbs - I'm 5'7.

Have the classes gotten a little quiter yet or will it be another couple of weeks? My gym is mental in January too!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

PS I have the Hairy Dieters cookbook since Christmas and am determined to start making some of the recipes - I need to start eating different foods - it gets so boring otherwise. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

up 2 3/4 pounds this morning - gutted - was hoping for a stay the same, but had a big weekend and that killed me!

anyhoo, back on the bandwagon!
    fingers crossed for a better week this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lp85

Hey folks,

Lost 3lbs on my first WI so happy with how things are going but just yesterday and today I've noticed a dip in energy/increase in tiredness earlier in the day. I'm still adjusting to the programme so can anyone let me know any high energy items I could easily include in my day? I've started swimming 3 times a week for 40-50 mins and walking two days a week for 1/1.5hrs at a time so I'm probably not giving myself enough protein to keep going and it's tough to keep the resolve up when the tiredness kicks in!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Hi all,
    I'm not in great form tbh and it's having a terrible effect on my eating.

My weekend started out well but issues that have come to light in the last days have really bought me down. I'm quite emotional and whilst others around me (also affected by these issues) have no appetite, I eat like there's no tomorrow.

Yesterday alone I had 3 slices of avoca brown bread, smothered in butter and marmalade. A massive roll with ham, coleslaw and the devil that is cheese. And then I'd a roast dinner followed by half a pizza. Did I mention the chocolate eggs (cadbury's, viciously delishious) in between these meals??

I mindlessly made soup last night to bring into work today, but I'm so upset that I couldn't face sitting in the office so went to insomnia at lunch. I got a tuna wrap which I thought was better than a panini. Then came back to the office and ate two chocolate bars and a packet of chewy sweets.

I know that I'm the kind of person that "life takes over" sometimes but I wish I had the control and will power to rein it in. I know that I will be so utterly disappointed on the scales on Thursday if I've put on weight. Yet I cannot seem to put mind over matter.

I'm tired and an emotional wreck granted but I wish I could see beyond the haze of the tears to stop eating and making silly choices!!

Ironic thing is my last post was about staying positive. ROFL.

I think I will track my food from yesterday, I remember a girl in class said she ate 88 points one day but because she'd tracked it and pointed it, she recognised the necessity to stay on track the rest of the week, otherwise she'd have ended up eating 88 points the next day.

Sense has prevailed and I know this is simply a stumbling block...right now, it feels like I'm at the great wall of china and no ones offering a leg up.

Sorry for the rant,
    From a very wilted flowerpower :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Hi all,

My weekend started out well but issues that have come to light in the last days have really bought me down. I'm quite emotional and whilst others around me (also affected by these issues) have no appetite, I eat like there's no tomorrow.

Yesterday alone I had 3 slices of avoca brown bread, smothered in butter and marmalade. A massive roll with ham, coleslaw and the devil that is cheese. And then I'd a roast dinner followed by half a pizza. Did I mention the chocolate eggs (cadbury's, viciously delishious) in between these meals??

I mindlessly made soup last night to bring into work today, but I'm so upset that I couldn't face sitting in the office so went to insomnia at lunch. I got a tuna wrap which I thought was better than a panini. Then came back to the office and ate two chocolate bars and a packet of chewy sweets.

I know that I'm the kind of person that "life takes over" sometimes but I wish I had the control and will power to rein it in. I know that I will be so utterly disappointed on the scales on Thursday if I've put on weight. Yet I cannot seem to put mind over matter.

I'm tired and an emotional wreck granted but I wish I could see beyond the haze of the tears to stop eating and making silly choices!!

I think I will track my food from yesterday, I remember a girl in class said she ate 88 points one day but because she'd tracked it and pointed it, she recognised the necessity to stay on track the rest of the week, otherwise she'd have ended up eating 88 points the next day.

Sense has prevailed and I know this is simply a stumbling block...right now, it feels like I'm at the great wall of china and no ones offering a leg up.

Sorry for the rant,

First thing - you came on here and were honest about how crap it is for you at the mo - which I'm very sorry to hear. So take it hrs by hrs, minute by minute if you have to. As you are tempted by the crap, run to the loo - hide! Think of us here egging you to goal, think of the scales on thurs, think how you are worth a downward result - and if you don't believe that right now Fake it till you make it. And return knowing those temptations don't make you feel better in the long run. We didn't become emotional eaters overnight... So you are doing the emotional eating equivalent of C25k! - be gentle with you and know it's ok to slip - you'll just learn for next time.
    And we are all here!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lp85

*hug*

I've had days like that and they feel awful. Like you've dug yourself into a hole too deep to get out of. You'll be grand. Just take today to be kind to yourself. Have a hot bath, watch a favourite show, get an early night and start again tomorrow.

Down 1.5 this evening, yay :) Although I've been working my butt off for a loss to give me a buffer for this weekend as I've a dinner with friends AND my sisters 21st so it'll all be goin back on, and then some! Best of luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Hi all
    Have my weigh in on Wednesday and think i'm going to be up after an initial loss of 5lbs last week. Have been tracking everything and haven't had a blow out but hurt my ankle so couldn't walk the last week, and was hoping to really get going on the exercise this week. Feeling wrecked all weekend even though I got loads of sleep. I just feel very heavy, like I did before I started WW, i'd felt the loss of the 5lbs last week and felt so positive but really on a downer now, just feel very bleegh!!!!!:(:(

:)But well done to everyone who is having a good week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Hi all! Hope everyone had a good weekend.. Im trying a carb free week and have day 1 down.. It's tough because i LOVE my carbs and i thought id be hungry but its amazing how many extra points i have that id usually use on carbs! Hope i can last the week now and get a good loss! :)

maryfred wrote: »
    Hi all
    Have my weigh in on Wednesday and think i'm going to be up after an initial loss of 5lbs last week. Have been tracking everything and haven't had a blow out but hurt my ankle so couldn't walk the last week, and was hoping to really get going on the exercise this week. Feeling wrecked all weekend even though I got loads of sleep. I just feel very heavy, like I did before I started WW, i'd felt the loss of the 5lbs last week and felt so positive but really on a downer now, just feel very bleegh!!!!!:(:(

You wont feel every single loss, there have been times where I have felt hugely bloated and have still lost. keep the positive attitude going and just wait and see what happens on wednesday, no point in getting down ahead of things. If you have stuck to your propoints you should still lose even with no exercise. In terms of the tiredness try to play with the types of food you are eating, try and really maximise your allowance.
    Down 1.5 this evening, yay :) Although I've been working my butt off for a loss to give me a buffer for this weekend as I've a dinner with friends AND my sisters 21st so it'll all be goin back on, and then some! Best of luck everyone.

Thats what being at goal is all about isnt it, managing your life to keep you in and around the same weight. Well done Taz!!!

Hi all,

Sorry for the rant,

Like others have said you have come here and faced up to it, the next thing is face the scales and move on. Its so easy to have days/weeks like that but the keep is to not let it take over. Be able to get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 muat21

Hi Guys down 3.5 this week soooo happy! Jumped off the scales!! Was very good all week but was worried as I had eaten ww meals from tesco with pasta so wasnt sure! Still getting used to this! If I can lose 3lbs this week ill be at my silver 7!!

Just wondering does the clothes you wear differ every week? Weird question or do you think it makes a difference? I see people getting weighed while wearing their heels from work? I wore something different this week as oppose to the last 2 weeks and im wordering had this increased my loss?

ahhh so many questions just want to keep up my good work!

Have a good week everybody!

xx

thanks tiny penguin

got up off my backside and went for a short walk just to test out the ankle, felt ok, so will get in another 2 walks before my weigh in, just little ones but it all will help!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one struggling and giving in to temptation and feeling lousy about it after ate a crunchie yesterday just gobbled it up and regretted it after , I did get out and walk after hoping Wednesday to c something on the scale..l I have set up a closed group on Facebook we have about 65 members just search weight watchers Ireland anythig you write is only seen by you and members lots of people posting gret tips and recipes

Advertisement