Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

muat21 wrote: »

Just wondering does the clothes you wear differ every week? Weird question or do you think it makes a difference? I see people getting weighed while wearing their heels from work? I wore something different this week as oppose to the last 2 weeks and im wordering had this increased my loss?

I wear the same every week...they lightest track suit bottoms & t-shirt that I own!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Well I am back tonight to weigh in as I cannot do Thurs nights anymore, just gobbled a load of chocolate.

I am weighing in two days early but I still want a loss!!!

Is there anyone who goes every week and never really follows the plan properly? I have to lose weight it's now or never but if only I could stick to what I should be eating...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fluffball

Hi Everyone...been missing for a while myself and decided to check-in today soooo delighted you are all still here. Doctorwhogirl WELL DONE YOU....amazing pic's and as was said an inspiration to us that are struggling. January is a struggle in itself, but with the support on here is second to none. Can I say I personally have gotton MORE help, advice and support HERE than in my class, sort of felt I wasn't 'big' enough ( no disrespect intended) for my leader to even ask every week how I was doing so I gave up going and lost 2 stone since...have put back on 9lbs...so here goes again.... Thankyou all for keeping me going on the bad days....there are a bunch of us 'SILENT' followers who would be lost only for your advice and banter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

TOTM arrived and all I can do is think about food. Stuck to my porridge for real fast, had a salad with goats cheese for lunch so was pretty good but then had a hot chocolate (with skimmed milk) and 3 after eights. Have weigh in this evening so now just trying to avoid eating the rest of the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Doctor who I would love to see some of your before and after pics, it might give me some inspiration!

Girls what days suits ye best to weigh in, I'm thinking Tues could be a bad day for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

TOTM arrived and all I can do is think about food. Stuck to my porridge for real fast, had a salad with goats cheese for lunch so was pretty good but then had a hot chocolate (with skimmed milk) and 3 after eights. Have weigh in this evening so now just trying to avoid eating the rest of the afternoon.

Best of luck! Fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

cailindana wrote: »
    Hi all! Hope everyone had a good weekend.. Im trying a carb free week and have day 1 down.. It's tough because i LOVE my carbs and i thought id be hungry but its amazing how many extra points i have that id usually use on carbs! Hope i can last the week now and get a good loss! :)

Interested to hear how you go. I think even Mon-Fri I need to cut my carbs more. What are you substituting them with? Especially Breakfast n lunch would challenge me.

Lost a pound. Was secretly hoping for more considering how good I'd been but at this stage of my loss I don't think I can get much bigger numbers than that. Nice to move down again though. Sticking to the no evening treats. Have a wedding on Friday so will be drinking but it's just the afters so no meal to contend with. Just gonna be really organised for Saturday and keep the junk out of the house!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 muat21

Lost a pound. Was secretly hoping for more considering how good I'd been but at this stage of my loss I don't think I can get much bigger numbers than that. Nice to move down again though. Sticking to the no evening treats. Have a wedding on Friday so will be drinking but it's just the afters so no meal to contend with. Just gonna be really organised for Saturday and keep the junk out of the house!!

A loss is a loss and down 1 is better then up 1! Go You!! I am in the same boat I hav got rid of all junk and i'm not buying any!! finding myself getting board of food already though:( any good recepie sites? Made the ww veg lasagne from the site at 5pp per 1/4! im going to have half though at 10 points with a salad! it doesnt look great but tastes fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Snap! My TOTM arrived today too and I feel like eating all around me. Have a nice dinner planned and did indulge in a packet of manhattan popcorn and a packet of maltesers. Will be over my PP for the day after my dinner but it was worth it to satisfy that craving otherwise I think I would have got a takeaway. Weigh in tomorrow is the only thing stopping me from eating more :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Monife wrote: »

Snap! My TOTM arrived today too and I feel like eating all around me. Have a nice dinner planned and did indulge in a packet of manhattan popcorn and a packet of maltesers. Will be over my PP for the day after my dinner but it was worth it to satisfy that craving otherwise I think I would have got a takeaway. Weigh in tomorrow is the only thing stopping me from eating more :)

Double snap... It must be contagious! I have my TOTM also and cant stop eating! I'm blaming the cold also! My oh arrived home with cupcakes coz he felt sorry for me and i practically inhaled it i ate it so fast instead of saying no!! Have weigh in tomor also! Was trying so hard to be good but the past 2 days i've gone over my daily points so not really sure how well/bad the weigh will go tomor night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

bb86 wrote: »

Double snap... It must be contagious! I have my TOTM also and cant stop eating! I'm blaming the cold also! My oh arrived home with cupcakes coz he felt sorry for me and i practically inhaled it i ate it so fast instead of saying no!! Have weigh in tomor also! Was trying so hard to be good but the past 2 days i've gone over my daily points so not really sure how well/bad the weigh will go tomor night!

My OH brought home ginger cake bread! I too inhaled a slice of it. Fighting the urge not to have another :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Up a 1.5lb and had a fairly good week but didn't get in as much walks as normal feel crap now it's my 2nd gain since I joined 20 weeks ago but why do I feel like a failure making soups for the next few days but wish I could give up carbs and need my evening treat! Was looking forward to hitting the 2 stone mark this week :( guess I have to wait another week grr! Need a hug

Comic relief bake off and TOTM is not a good idea. How do I avoid stopping to buy cakes on the drive home from my parents??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Wanabeslim13

20 weeks and only 2 gains!!! I'm expecting a gain tomorrow and its only week 3 for me!! Thinks the fact that you have lost so much and at a nice gradual pace is fantastic. You should be proud of yourself, not kicking yourself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well done everyone one your losses. I was delighted I was down 1lb tonight :D

My scales at home have gone dodge so I did not know what to expect going in as I had a really bad day on Saturday. I'm making a really big effort for next week as speaking of TOTM mine will be due the week after next.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Up a 1.5lb and had a fairly good week but didn't get in as much walks as normal feel crap now it's my 2nd gain since I joined 20 weeks ago but why do I feel like a failure making soups for the next few days but wish I could give up carbs and need my evening treat! Was looking forward to hitting the 2 stone mark this week :( guess I have to wait another week grr! Need a hug

# Hug # I know how frustrating it is especially when u had a good week but you are doing brill 20 wks and only 2 gains and you've lost almost 2 stone try think of the positives stick at it and you will get ur loss next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Tough week. No appetite or anything. And the yesterday my and my boyfriend broke up. I feel like I can't breathe and I'm devastated. I'll be honest though, we weren't working and we we kept going because we didn't want to hurt each other and dragging it out made it hurt more. 2 years is a long time and it's going to take me so long to get over him because I do still love him so much and I miss him so much that I feel like the wind has been knocked out of me.

But this horrible, horrible cloud has a small silver lining in that tonight was my second weigh-in and I've lost half a stone in the last week. I lost 2 last week, I've got 9 gone and got my first silver 7 and reached my 5% goal.

I need to keep going now for myself and to keep myself focused on something because I'm heartbroken and I really need to keep busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I've been having such an awful week! I know why. I've done no preparation so I've found myself not having meals which then I've just picked and long story short I've been awful :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Tough week. No appetite or anything. And the yesterday my and my boyfriend broke up. I feel like I can't breathe and I'm devastated. I'll be honest though, we weren't working and we we kept going because we didn't want to hurt each other and dragging it out made it hurt more. 2 years is a long time and it's going to take me so long to get over him because I do still love him so much and I miss him so much that I feel like the wind has been knocked out of me.

But this horrible, horrible cloud has a small silver lining in that tonight was my second weigh-in and I've lost half a stone in the last week. I lost 2 last week, I've got 9 gone and got my first silver 7 and reached my 5% goal.

I need to keep going now for myself and to keep myself focused on something because I'm heartbroken and I really need to keep busy.

I'm so sorry to hear this :(
    But well done on keeping going with the weight loss and your positive outlook. Your focus should be on yourself now and making an even better you! Logging your food, preparing healthy meals and coming on here will keep you busy and keep you going through the tough times. Make sure you're seeing plenty of your friends and minding yourself xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Wanabeslim13

Sorry to hear about your break up it's a horrible time but fab weight loss congrats it's time to focus on you and there is some one perfect out there for you. It takes a lot if courage to end things and of course you will still love him (for a while anyway) are ye cutting ties or staying in contact?
    Big hugs x

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

So sorry to hear your sad news. Break ups are the worst - you'll be out of sorts for a few weeks.
    As others have said, try to focus on something, your weight loss and pointing and shopping and cooking will definitely help.

Big hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Morning all,

Thanks for all the nice words from earlier in the week. This week has been horrendious difficult for me, I'm normally quite selfish...cooking my own dinners and doing my own food shop etc. However this week I've had to mind others so have had to cook for the family each night. Because I wasn't prepared properly, I've not done well this week.

So I'm writing it off as a bad one. But, I've made sure to point each day...I ate 52pps alone on Monday. But you know what, I only ate 30 yesterday. Hehe, every little helps.:rolleyes:

The positives I've gotten out of the mess is that I feel crap having not exercised. My leader often stresses that exercise is not for you to lose weight, but to give you head space and clear your mind, therefore helping you lose the weight. This is my focus for the next while :)

Purple Pawprints - Sorry to hear that. Chin up and keep going. Yes focus is key, you're doing so well on your weight loss. Don't give up now.

pinkstars
    - I've been going to WW since Sept 2011 (this time); I was bold and stupid and really didn't follow the plan. Until end Nov 2012, it was then that I actually started to lose weight and more importantly, lost weight each week. I was fooling myself, not to mention wasting sooo much money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

My week is a disastor! I keep bingeing! It's my own fault, I let my OH get loads of goodies in Lidl at the weekend and I bought a bag of the Kitkat minis as well. Only one of the minis gone coz I've been too busy with the wafer biscuits! I was supposed to do 500 yesterday and stuck to it until 7pm when I tore into the goodies! I'm tired this week and that has a huge effect on my motivation. I keep going to bed on time but I was reading a great book and so ended up staying up late to read it. Grr! I finished the book this morning on the luas so I have no excuse tonight. I also haven't been to the gym yet this week but I'm going to go this evening even though I am still tired and unmotivated today. I am so mad with myself, we are going on hols Saturday week and I really wanted to feel better about myself for photos etc but it hasn't happened.

Sorry for the negative post, just disappointed with myself today. I am going to do the 500 today to make up for yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

So sorry to hear about your breakup purple pawprints. I can totally empathise with you. My boyfriend of almost 6 years broke up with just over a year ago and to say I was devastated was a complete understatement. But, I turned it into a positive, used it as a motivation to lose weight (and show him what he's missing!), joined weight watchers, and got to goal weight at the end of last year. Now, whenever I see him out I know that he can't believe his eyes when he sees me (not to sound vain or anything) but it was a great confidence booster and something great to focus positive energies on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Purple Pawprints, the other posters are right. Use your weightloss journey as a distraction at this time. Getting out for walks or going to the gym or swimming will be a good way to clear your head and beneficial to your weightloss at the same time.

Virtual hugs to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Ate EVERYTHING this week. Tried and failed miserably - does anyone else find that they sometimes go a bit wild after a good loss (I lost three lbs last week which is a lot at my stage and I used it as an excuse to hit the wine and the mini rolls and the bread and the roasted chickpeas (my new addiction)). Tonight's weigh in is going to be horrendous, but I need to go, face it and draw that line under it. I'm a wee bit disappointed in myself though because I was 11st on the nose and was dying to get into the 10s, even if only by half a pound! Still, face facts, go for it and today is a new day.

Purple Pawprints: I broke up with my fiancee about six months ago and it was after that (a few months after but was definitely spurred on by it!) I decided to start losing weight. Seeing the pounds come off gave me a sense of achievement and independence that I really needed after all the heartbreak - I started to realise that if I could do this I could do anything! (And Taz, I also did enjoy showing him what he's missing, I won't lie!). I'm so sorry to hear your news and I hope that you're doing ok xx

CavanGal and gubbie: I'm doing the same all week, haven't tracked and shoveling food into me in drips and drabs, all the time. So disappointed after last week's excellent weight loss - but I'm weighing in tonight regardless and drawing a line under it! But expect wailing and gnashing of teeth and all sorts of guilt here later after the weigh in - I'm fairly confident that I'm NOT going to be happy.

Wanabeslim: 2 gains in 20 weeks is very little - in the long term we are all going to have weeks where we go up and little and then down a little - it's only normal, so believe that next week will be a better week and you'll be grand.

Tiny penguin: I love love love the bake off and it is giving me a hunger for cake and lots of it! Desperate hard - at least it's only for the week this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Nice to see most of us are in the same boat, I had a good weekend WW wise had my treats and dinner in my sisters but tracked everything and am so good during the day but the evening arrives and I get a serious dose of the munchies, just cant help myself and my tracker looks great because I general forget to track the attack of the munchies . Asked hubby to hide the goodies for me from today because if I don't know where they are I can't eat them.

Purple Pawprints - really sorry to hear the news but as the other girls said it is time to concentrate on you, treat yourself to some none food related treats, and concentrate on your weight loss distractions will help you through. Big Hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

I'm dying with a cold and i've had a couple of throat lozenges - Halls type, not gooey in centre. Just wondering would anyone know how many pp these would be?

• Advertisement

Finding it really hard to concentrate today - all i can think about is food (i swear i can smell a cinammon biscuit but nobody here has anything like that with them). I was prepared and have loads of healthy food with me, my lunch was HUGE for 7pp. Salad with loads of 0pp veg, 2pp worth of chickpeas, a hardboiled egg, small tin of tuna and 1tbsp light maya and an bowl of 0pp soup. Also have had a banana and an orange - am WAY above my 5 a day at this stage. Have dinner all ready to go at home, chicken with peanut stir fry sauce for 6pp and a load of stir fried veg mixed in and then 5pp of brown rice to go with it. Still leaves me with 3pp - so need to find a healthy after tag snack to use them on so they do not go on chocolate. Any ideas?

Advertisement