Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Finding it really hard to concentrate today - all i can think about is food (i swear i can smell a cinammon biscuit but nobody here has anything like that with them). I was prepared and have loads of healthy food with me, my lunch was HUGE for 7pp. Salad with loads of 0pp veg, 2pp worth of chickpeas, a hardboiled egg, small tin of tuna and 1tbsp light maya and an bowl of 0pp soup. Also have had a banana and an orange - am WAY above my 5 a day at this stage. Have dinner all ready to go at home, chicken with peanut stir fry sauce for 6pp and a load of stir fried veg mixed in and then 5pp of brown rice to go with it. Still leaves me with 3pp - so need to find a healthy after tag snack to use them on so they do not go on chocolate. Any ideas?

2 ryvita with a bit of philly and tomatoe or cucumber or 3 ricecakes with similar toppings.

Or slice of toast with scraping of butter and sliced banana.

Fruit with yoghurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Monife wrote: »
    2 ryvita with a bit of philly and tomatoe or cucumber or 3 ricecakes with similar toppings.

Or slice of toast with scraping of butter and sliced banana.

Fruit with yoghurt.

Trying to cut out bread/crackers for the week. Might go with the yoghurt - was having plain yoghurt with a tsp of honey or warm milk and honey last week and it really went down well. Might even get some nuts, they are so good for you but I have always been afraid of overeating them - if i could measure them out into portions might be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Finding it really hard to concentrate today - all i can think about is food (i swear i can smell a cinammon biscuit but nobody here has anything like that with them). I was prepared and have loads of healthy food with me, my lunch was HUGE for 7pp. Salad with loads of 0pp veg, 2pp worth of chickpeas, a hardboiled egg, small tin of tuna and 1tbsp light maya and an bowl of 0pp soup. Also have had a banana and an orange - am WAY above my 5 a day at this stage. Have dinner all ready to go at home, chicken with peanut stir fry sauce for 6pp and a load of stir fried veg mixed in and then 5pp of brown rice to go with it. Still leaves me with 3pp - so need to find a healthy after tag snack to use them on so they do not go on chocolate. Any ideas?

Hey, what do you put in your chicken peanut stir fry?

Hey, what do you put in your chicken peanut stir fry?

I got one of the packet sauces -I think it was amoy, works out at 3pp per half pack. I've never tried it but my OH bought it and I have limited time tonight so seems like a good option. He loves satay and peanut sauces but hard to make low point versions so even though I try not to use the packet sauces every now and then its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

tiny_penguin trying to find your white choc Florentines on your blog but cant find them, will you send me in the right direction, Thanks

• Advertisement

tiny_penguin trying to find your white choc Florentines on your blog but cant find them, will you send me in the right direction, Thanks

Here you go http://59lbstogo.blogspot.ie/2012/04/white-chocolate-florentine-heaven.html

Didn't realise how long ago I made them for the first time. Had them again at the weekend and still as good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Hey girls,
    I'm joining back in. Lost over 2stone with weight watchers in 2011 but then I got pregnant!
    Totally worth it and I have a stone and a half I wanna kick so I can get back into shorts for my holidays.

Anyone got a good 0pp soup recipe please.
    One thats more along the winter veg route rather than tomato based please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Just back from WI, week 3, down 2 lbs!!! Honestly thought i'd be up cos even though I'm tracking everything and not going over my points, I just didn't feel that i'd lost anything. 7lbs down now in total, got a silver 7. Very proud of myself, even if I do say so myself!!:D Really feel motivated now for next week, and thats how i'm looking at it, one week at a time, be they good or bad!!

So well done to all who lost this week. To those who STS or gained, draw a line under it and look forward to the next week!!

God, i'm so positive now, this could all come back to bite me the week I STS or gain(as i'm sure will happen):D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 2lb :) Got my first silver seven :D Well not really my first, but because I am starting this journey afresh, i'm calling it my first :) 7.5lb in 2 weeks, couldn't be happier.

This week will be challenging as I have dinner and drinks on Saturday and I am going away for the night to a hotel on Tuesday so my plan is to earn at least 20PP activity points to act as a bit of a buffer in case the weeklies don't cover it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 muat21

WELL DONE to all the LOSERS this week!! I know it can be so hard with so many tempting treats around! Im trying to distract myself from them! My housemate came in with a bag of salt and vinager hunky dorys after work waving them in my face while I was steaming COD!!!! but hey it will all be worth it in the end! Needing motivation this week-week 3! Went into pennys looking at bikinis-mad i know but gave me that extra push!!

Wondering peoples experience with losing weight on ww and exercising. I know one cant expect to lose loads of weight and do no exercise but do people find it has impacted their losses greatly? With the weather so bad (and the fact id use any excuse) it doesnt help!! Any thoughts on this?

xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Up a half pound this wk! Was so disgusted with myself as had a great loss last wk and was just a half pound away from getting my first stone! I know its my own fault i ate like a bottomless pit the last few days with all sorts of excuses, its cold its my totm, who am i fooling?! didnt really track but knew in my head i was doing wrong! Really gotta cop on now and make next wks weigh in a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Brother Psychosis

I've seen threads elsewhere on this but haven't been able to find an answer... does anyone know where to find 0% greek yogurt? it makes a decenct difference points wise as against normal yogurt but its impossible to track down!!!

I've seen threads elsewhere on this but haven't been able to find an answer... does anyone know where to find 0% greek yogurt? it makes a decenct difference points wise as against normal yogurt but its impossible to track down!!!

Ah I really think it doesnt exist not in Ireland anyway I've been looking a long time with no luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Awful day today, didn't plan properly, let myself get too hungry and ended up with chips and crisps and wine. Poo.

Ah well, will pull it back in the morning and have soup made for lunch so that DOESN'T happen again.

Saw this on a facebook group & thought it was brilliant, you can put all your stats in & compare your weight now with your goal, or with half your goal, etc.

http://www.modelmydiet.com/

Here is my weight now against my goal, definitely spurs me on!! (Kinda wish I'd seen it BEFORE the chips, but hey..........tomorrow is another day)

weightplan_zps1b267498.jpg[

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi all,

Well I was up 1 and a half pounds on Tuesday.

Purple Pawprints I am the same, just broke up with my partner of about 7 years who I have a 2 year old babygirl with. Was very unwell after I had her and its only now that I am back at work, and trying to concentrate on losing weight but it's not really working.

Suffered very bad post natal anxiety and had to move in with my dad. My partner was never a great support. Then, I am thinking if I was in his shoes I would have ran a mile too. I told him to leave the family home while I was being phased back into work....that was October and it was only early this month he said its not working. I do think I am better off without him aswell and have learnt so much about myself. I never would have thought I would be a single parent. Cause of being ill I have put on over 4 stone from medication :-(

There goes the sob story lol

Now let's get these pounds off and make us feel better about ourselves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

So last night was my first weigh in since I rejoined and I lost 4lbs so I was happy with that.
    Firmly back in the 11s with about 20lbs to go to goal.

Last night's meeting was about snacking. I'm not a huge snacker, I'm more of a large meal kinda girl! So I took out the Hairy Dieters cookbook last night and went through which of them I'm going to make at the weekend.

With work all day and college work all evening it would be great to do the cooking on a Sunday and just reheat during the week. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Hi All!

Im using WW Discover points from some old books I had lying around the house. My first weigh in was last Saturday and I was down 6lb, yahoo! It's a long road ahead but i'm feeling great about it at the mo!

Made the Hairy Bikers Crumpets this morning for brekkie, so delicious and extremely filling too! Thinking of giving the leek-agne a go for the family dinner tonight. My little ones will probably go mad, they do love their pasta! Hopefully i'll trick them with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Feeling much more positive today. Isn't it amazing how a good day can change your whole perspective? I went to the gym and stuck to my 500 yesterday, well it may have been 600 as I had a banana after the gym but I think I need a bit extra when I go to spin on the 500 days as its a tough workout. I also had a good night's sleep so I feel refreshed today. Football starts up next week (but I will be missing the following two weeks due to my holiday) and I signed up to lunchtime pilates with my coworkers today. It starts the monday I come back to work so I'll be straight back into WW.

I have started to plan my holiday food-wise and the first week will be in self-catering accomodation which is great as I can stock up on fruit and healthy foods. The second week we are renting a car and driving around Western Cape so I will be able to keep fruit in the car to snack on. I think it will be a fairly active holiday so I hope for a STS when I get back. I will weigh myself on the monday morning before I go back to work.

Also its Thursday which means the weekend is not far off! Happy WW everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

This is brilliant !! Wow how different I'd look with a stone and a half off.
    I did the "Seashore" background and will print it out and stick on my bedroom door. My god I will look fab!!

Thanks a mil!

Also, I was going to Nando's last night, their website has all the nutrional value of each dish so you can work out pps. Very handy if you want to eat out within your points :)
    Awful day today, didn't plan properly, let myself get too hungry and ended up with chips and crisps and wine. Poo.

Ah well, will pull it back in the morning and have soup made for lunch so that DOESN'T happen again.

Saw this on a facebook group & thought it was brilliant, you can put all your stats in & compare your weight now with your goal, or with half your goal, etc.

Here is my weight now against my goal, definitely spurs me on!! (Kinda wish I'd seen it BEFORE the chips, but hey..........tomorrow is another day)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I have all my old Discover books I found the plan so much easier to follow then!!

Wondering should I do the same and see what happens!!
    sok2005 wrote: »
    Hi All!

Im using WW Discover points from some old books I had lying around the house. My first weigh in was last Saturday and I was down 6lb, yahoo! It's a long road ahead but i'm feeling great about it at the mo!

Made the Hairy Bikers Crumpets this morning for brekkie, so delicious and extremely filling too! Thinking of giving the leek-agne a go for the family dinner tonight. My little ones will probably go mad, they do love their pasta! Hopefully i'll trick them with it.

• Advertisement

shanna83 wrote: »

I just realised that I follow your blog shanna! Was reading your new post and realised it was you!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hi all - well, I weighed in and managed to be only up half a lb - a bit gutted because it's my first ever gain on the program, but half a pound is easy fix (and I did eat an entire tin of chickpeas earlier in the day yesterday for my lunch (roasted them, they are dangerous dangerous treats and might not be able to do that again!) and I'd say they were still in the system affecting things, without going into too much detail).

So, here I am, pure positive again and heading for a GOOD week. I was inspired by someone in last nights class talking about making pizzas from wraps - I'm working from home today, so I made up two mini pizzas on either half of an Aldi english muffin, with 3pp of Dubliner light cheese, a rake of veggies and a spoon of low fat mayo - all for 7pp and it was a FEAST for my lunch - delighted, a nice wee recipe that I will certainly make again!

I LOVE that website where you can enter your size and see how you'd look at a certain weight - entertaining and eyeopening!

Well done everyone who has been losing this week (this is the one place you can come and shout 'ye are a pack of LOSERS' in the door and everyone will be delighted!) - you know that the giving up your new years resolutions date has passed? If you are still going, you are set to go strong now, which is nice to hear! I'm off to track like a maniac and weight and measure and record. Here's to getting to under 11stone and into the 10s for the first time in years next week!

Had WI at lunch time down 1 and half lb, which is great wont lie would have liked more but sure who wouldn't. Lots of treats on display in class, nearly robbed a star bar off the table ha ha 7PP thought they were higher. Going to the cinema tonight so going to buy my Manhattan popcorn, and maybe a bag of malteesers, my 49 starts today and I have 5 dailies left so not to much damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Tiny penguin, the paprika chicken from Hairy Dieters is pointed as 10pp on your blog, is that without potatoes or rice? Which would you recommend with it taste-wise?

Thanks!

CavanGal wrote: »
    Tiny penguin, the paprika chicken from Hairy Dieters is pointed as 10pp on your blog, is that without potatoes or rice? Which would you recommend with it taste-wise?

Thanks!

I havent made it myself yet so not sure taste wise. I'm not 100% sure but i think its without potatoes or rice. I'd have to have a look at the recipe again to be 100% sure though.

Just to report back, made the leeks-agne for dinner, it was delicious, the only issue I had was it didn't cut well so it looked a bit messy on the plate as it didnt keep it shape BUT the best part of it was the kids polished off their plates!! My 3 year old is a devil for avoiding veg but he was convinced the leek was pasta so he hoovered it up! I felt like an evil genius at the dinner table with every bite he took :D

I made out my Discover points as 7 1/2 points per serving and it really hit the spot, thumbs up for this one, i'll definitely be making it again!

pinkstars wrote: »
    I have all my old Discover books I found the plan so much easier to follow then!!

Wondering should I do the same and see what happens!!

I find this program really easy to understand and stick to, I would definitely recommend! Supposedly there are lots of people selling their old Discover books online and making a fine bit of cash because some slimmers are not finding the new pro points all that great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I'm really proud of myself this evening. I had a really bad day in work today and I felt like drowning my sorrows in chocolate. I was driving home and was near the shop some angel must have been speaking in my ear because something clicked and I just kept driving :D I just need to keep pushing as I really want a nice loss next week.

Well done on all the fantastic losses this week. We're nearly at the end of January so the countdown to summer is on. I booked a holiday for July today so hopefully the motivation will kick in for that asap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

sok2005 wrote: »
    I find this program really easy to understand and stick to, I would definitely recommend! Supposedly there are lots of people selling their old Discover books online and making a fine bit of cash because some slimmers are not finding the new pro points all that great.

I follow the Discover Plan. I don't really talk about it on here as its more a ProPoints thread and I don't want to confuse anyone with the points. I tried ProPoints but didn't lose on it so I went back to what works for me. I still know everything about ProPoints and I go to meetings so I still post here regularly. For Discover Point questions I suggest using this forum http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers/ as it has a specific Discover Plan thread or feel free to PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Right, I'm going to ask a really basic question here because I'm going back to basics and pp-ing everything from scratch.

Does anyone know how many pp in a singapore chow mein? I know it used to be low on the old points and I used to have it as my Friday night treat, but now I'm not so sure.

Thanks folks!

Happy Friday!

Advertisement