Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

So lost 1.5 yesterday, delighted. I'm really in the slow and steady mindset at the moment as I just want to keep losing. Wedding in March so that's the aim to get the last 9 or so pounds off.

Fair play to everyone for all the losses, seems like the January New Year's Resolution have seriously stuck. Well they seem to be for me so far, don't want to jinx anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi all,

It's only me being curious but how are is it that Unislim are advertising on this forum?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

pinkstars wrote: »
    Hi all,

It's only me being curious but how are is it that Unislim are advertising on this forum?

Thanks
    Lol. Good marketing tactic by Unislim.

Well done on all the loses this week, it's really encouraging to see.

I was up 1.5 pounds last night, which I expected. I actually thought I would be far more so I'm happy with that.

I want to work out some mini goals. Thinking it's 7 weeks until St Patrick's weekend; aiming to have 6 pounds gone by Valentines WI (how romantic, I've a date with WW.) Then allow my self lose a pound each week after that until 14 March.
    That would make a loss of 10 pounds, brining me under 11 stone, into the 10's.

I had a chat with myself this morning, I know my goal is more than doable. Put in the hard work for the next 3 weeks knowing I can ease off after that.

Is that realistic? What other mini goals do people set?

Thanks a mil,
    Flowerpower x

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

I'm aiming for 6lbs for St. Patricks and 9 by Easter. It doesn't seem like much, but 9 will get me to goal, and the lightest I've ever been as an adult, so I feel it's going to be a long slog - intending to keep this slow and steady! I am, though, the goal setter of goal setters - I have reached one every few weeks since I started - I sort of invented them, wrote them out and ticked them off as I went - very motivating! Here I'll show ye what I did (it's nearly embarrassing, I was always the kid looking for a gold star in school and I'm absolutely no different as an adult!)

172.5 (start weight)
    170 (get to 170 lbs)
    168 (get to 12st)
    165 (no longer in the overweight BMI for my height)
    160 (get to 160 lbs)
    159 (this was an abitrary Christmas goal I made out!)
    154 (get to 11st - am here now - that's like 7 gold stars I've given myself!!!!)
    150 (get to 150 lbs - this is the next goal)
    145 (this is my final goal - it will be two stone lost and a huge achievement for me)

I'm also adding 148 by St. Patricks to this list - I kind of reach a mini goal every four pounds or so and even though I'm only patting myself on the back, it seems to be motivating me so far. (I know, I sound like an awful lickarse!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Lol. Good marketing tactic by Unislim.

Well done on all the loses this week, it's really encouraging to see.

I was up 1.5 pounds last night, which I expected. I actually thought I would be far more so I'm happy with that.

I want to work out some mini goals. Thinking it's 7 weeks until St Patrick's weekend; aiming to have 6 pounds gone by Valentines WI (how romantic, I've a date with WW.) Then allow my self lose a pound each week after that until 14 March.
    That would make a loss of 10 pounds, brining me under 11 stone, into the 10's.

I had a chat with myself this morning, I know my goal is more than doable. Put in the hard work for the next 3 weeks knowing I can ease off after that.

Thanks a mil,
    Flowerpower x

Ive set myself mini goals all the way through my weight loss for different milestones, and for the most part I have hit those targets. The last few before christmas I missed - I was all over the place and going up and down and I know what i was doing wrong. I'm still not 100% sure where I want my goal to be at - whether I will be happy at 10st3.5lbs or if I want to go the whole way to 10st. So for the moment my next mini goal is to get 4.5lbs gone to get to 10st3.5lbs and to get there by Paddy's day. I know that is a long time for 4.5lbs but i know how tough these last few pounds will be.
    I think I am off to vegas for easter, so if i set my WW goal at 10st3.5 I would like to have my gold card by then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would know the propoints of a low fat spelga yoghurt offhand.

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

Hi I'm new to weight watchers I'm looking for soup recipes with 0 or low points thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Thanks a mil,
    Flowerpower x[/QUOTE]

Yea set goals for my self all the time, write them up and put them on my notice board in the kitchen so I see them all the time. My current goal loose 3.5lbs by valentines and that would be at goal, total loss of 52.5lbs :D Valentines might be a bit of a push the last few pounds seem very hard to shift so maybe I should say goal by Paddy's Day.

just a quick question, I heard some people talking about a 50lb Cert does everyone get these I did reach 50lbs before Christmas (before I overindulged a bit to much) but I have never heard anyone in my class talk about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brownel

Quick question, is Red Lemonade really 0pp? I pro pointed the bottle and it said 0 but seems too good to be true? :)

Re the 50lb cert, you should've gotten it that week. Maybe say it to your leader next night your there. I've seen leaders forget about giving the 5% and 10% books and the 50lb certs before if the people themselves don't know they exist! Oh and, well done by the way :)

pinkstars wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would know the propoints of a low fat spelga yoghurt offhand.

Thanks a million.

I think it might be 2 but could be more. I pp'd a M&S low fat yogurt before and it was 4pps!!!!

The activia raspberry yogurt is only 1pp if u like them.

• Advertisement

cazzak79 wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to weight watchers I'm looking for soup recipes with 0 or low points thanks :)

Here's a nice tomato and basil soup that was on here before which I tried. Got everything for it in Aldi no prob and its 0pp. I like having it in cup size amounts so lasts me ages and was grand in the freezer. I put it in to zip lock bags rather than boxes.

Ingredients

1 large onion chopped 1 celery stalk chopped 2-3 cloves of garlic minced (depending on taste) Spray oil 2 tins of chopped tomato 1 ltr vegetable stock made on boiling water 1 tsp ground basil 1 tsp ground oregano Salt & pepper

Directions

Make up your vegetable stock and set aside.

Mist a large pot or pan with spray oil over a low to medium heat. Add the onion and celery and saute for about 3 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cover with a lid over a really low heat for about 7 minutes. Once the onion and celery is soft pour in the tins of tomatoes and the herbs, salt and pepper to taste and cover again with the lid for about 5 minutes.

Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer for about 15 minutes Turn off the gas and allow the soup to cool before blending to your desired texture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

cazzak79 wrote: »

Vegetable Soup
    Serves: 4 Portions

Ingredients:
    100g carrots (roughly chopped)
    100g Parsnip
    100g turnip (peeled and chopped)
    100g celeriac (peeled and chopped)
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 small onion (peeled and chopped)
    Knob low fat butter
    2 chicken stock cubes
    1 ½ litres boiling water
    60g low fat crème de fraiche
    Drop of milk
    Pinch pepper
    ½tsp oregano
    1/2 tsp thyme
    Pinch salt

Method:
    Put all of the vegetables except onion and garlic, in a large thick-bottomed pan, cover with the water. Add some salt. Bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are semi soft.

Sauté the onion and garlic in a pan, with the butter. Drain the pot of vegetables and add to the onion. Sauté until all the vegetables are soft.
    Add them to the pot with the stock cubes and water. Add salt, pepper, herbs, milk and cream.
    Simmer lightly for 20/30mins. Blend for 5mins until smooth and lump free.

brownel wrote: »
    Quick question, is Red Lemonade really 0pp? I pro pointed the bottle and it said 0 but seems too good to be true? :)

I pointed it as 2 propoints per 2L bottle. I was kind of shocked as I thought it would be full of sugar. I still would limit the amount you drink because it still isn't healthy for you.

I decided a few weeks ago to take my measurements every week as I have a history of hitting plateaus. I know that on a week to week basis there wouldn't be much changing which is why I was shocked to discover I had lost 6 inches all over in the last week :D That's without exercise as well and a mediocre week foodwise. I can feel it on my stomach and hips though and my coat is fitting me much better as well.

I would definitely advise taking measurements as the scales don't always reflect your hard work immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I decided a few weeks ago to take my measurements every week as I have a history of hitting plateaus. I know that on a week to week basis there wouldn't be much changing which is why I was shocked to discover I had lost 6 inches all over in the last week :D That's without exercise as well and a mediocre week foodwise. I can feel it on my stomach and hips though and my coat is fitting me much better as well.

I would definitely advise taking measurements as the scales don't always reflect your hard work immediately.

That's fantastic! Fair play!
    I started doing the same, although I can't find the blooming sheet with them all written this morning!!! :mad:

It's great because as you get nearer goal and the weight slows it's something to motivate you. I do weight training so some weeks I gain a wee bit of muscle I may not have a loss but I'll have toned up!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I've been meaning to do this for ages as recommended by my OH who thinks I shouldnt rely on the scales too much. Where and how often do you take the measurements??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

STS today but it's almost TOM which is usually a gain so I'm happy out!

Do ye point cans of chopped tomatoes when making soup?

I've been making tomato soup for the past few weeks (so delicious) using:

1 onion
    1 clove of garlic
    Fry Light
    2 cans chopped tomatoes
    2 chicken stock cubes

I'd pointed the whole pot at 6pp, so 1pp per bowl? Is this right? When I pointed the cans of tomatoes with the calculator they came up as 2pp per can or 4pp for two cans, then 1pp per stock cube.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ChattyChick

Hi everyone, I started WW online two and a half weeks ago and so far so good. Really glad to find this thread though coz I need the motivation of others doing the same. Was wondering what is an average weekly weight loss so I can get an idea of whether or not I'm on track. Really appreciate any feedback.

shanna83 wrote: »
    STS today but it's almost TOM which is usually a gain so I'm happy out!

Do ye point cans of chopped tomatoes when making soup?

I've been making tomato soup for the past few weeks (so delicious) using:

1 onion
    1 clove of garlic
    Fry Light
    2 cans chopped tomatoes
    2 chicken stock cubes

I'd pointed the whole pot at 6pp, so 1pp per bowl? Is this right? When I pointed the cans of tomatoes with the calculator they came up as 2pp per can or 4pp for two cans, then 1pp per stock cube.

Tinned tomatoes are 0pp - unless there is anything other than tomatoes added in. So all you need to count is the stock cubes - if you get 6 bowls out of it then you would be safe enough at 0pp. 4 bowls and I would go 1pp each bowl to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Hi everyone, I started WW online two and a half weeks ago and so far so good. Really glad to find this thread though coz I need the motivation of others doing the same. Was wondering what is an average weekly weight loss so I can get an idea of whether or not I'm on track. Really appreciate any feedback.
    I think everyone loses at different rates. A pound or two might be a good weight loss for someone whereas a loss of 3-4 might be average for someone else. Depends on starting weight too I think. I started October and have lost 1 or 2 pounds most weeks. I am down about 21 lbs now. Goal now is to lose 1 pound every week until March. I would be happy with that! This weekend I know I have overindulged but back on track tomorrow! Good luck with your weight loss goals.

Had a bad day today - used up most of my weeklies last night at a wedding and in my hungover state I have not made very good choices - dinner was healthy enough, steak actifried chips and asparagus but lunch was brown bread and full fat cheese and coleslaw and I just had a galaxy ripple and a starbar. I have tracked everything I ate though which is very unlike me. Going to get up and do my kettlebells in the morning and be 100% good for the next 3 days to hopefully minimise the damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 gill1

Saturday nights are torture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I hear you ladies! I've had my two choc bars (planned) and am stuffed to the GILLS but just feel like I could eat all around me.

Do you ever have those days where you know you're on plan, but you feel as if you've eaten waaaaaaay beyond what you should. Sometimes I see my food goals as a target to be met and I keep eating until I get there!!! :P

Tiny, that day doesn't sound bad at all for a hungover day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Vegetable Soup
    Serves: 4 Portions

Ingredients:
    100g carrots (roughly chopped)
    100g Parsnip
    100g turnip (peeled and chopped)
    100g celeriac (peeled and chopped)
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 small onion (peeled and chopped)
    Knob low fat butter
    2 chicken stock cubes
    1 ½ litres boiling water
    60g low fat crème de fraiche
    Drop of milk
    Pinch pepper
    ½tsp oregano
    1/2 tsp thyme
    Pinch salt

Method:
    Put all of the vegetables except onion and garlic, in a large thick-bottomed pan, cover with the water. Add some salt. Bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are semi soft.

Sauté the onion and garlic in a pan, with the butter. Drain the pot of vegetables and add to the onion. Sauté until all the vegetables are soft.
    Add them to the pot with the stock cubes and water. Add salt, pepper, herbs, milk and cream.
    Simmer lightly for 20/30mins. Blend for 5mins until smooth and lump free.

I pointed it as 2 propoints per 2L bottle. I was kind of shocked as I thought it would be full of sugar. I still would limit the amount you drink because it still isn't healthy for you.

If you take out the parsnip, butter, milk and creme freche would this be 0 points?

Well my plan to get up and do kettlebells is out the window - my legs and bum are so sore from doing it on friday that I can't do any squats or swings, even sitting down is hard. I know she pushed us on friday but I thought my body was getting used to it. Hopefully will be feeling a bit looser later and can try go for a job. Signing up for the great ireland run this week so need to get training!!

Smidge wrote: »

If you take out the parsnip, butter, milk and creme freche would this be 0 points?

If you use only 1 stock cube then yeah. Tbh that would just be boiled veg and I know some people like it that way, I find it very bland. For the sake of 2 points I would definitely recommend adding the extras. With 2 slices of WW bread that's 5 pro points which is great value for a lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm so sorry to hear this :(
    But well done on keeping going with the weight loss and your positive outlook. Your focus should be on yourself now and making an even better you! Logging your food, preparing healthy meals and coming on here will keep you busy and keep you going through the tough times. Make sure you're seeing plenty of your friends and minding yourself xx

It's very hard. It's only been a week and I'm all over the place today. WW is giving me a focus even though I don't feel like eating much.
    Sorry to hear about your break up it's a horrible time but fab weight loss congrats it's time to focus on you and there is some one perfect out there for you. It takes a lot if courage to end things and of course you will still love him (for a while anyway) are ye cutting ties or staying in contact?
    Big hugs x

It was him that ended things but honestly, it was heading that way. If he hadn't done it now I think I might have a few months down the line. We're cutting ties for now. Maybe in future we'll be friends.
    dammitj wrote: »
    So sorry to hear your sad news. Break ups are the worst - you'll be out of sorts for a few weeks.
    As others have said, try to focus on something, your weight loss and pointing and shopping and cooking will definitely help.

Big hugs.
    Purple Pawprints - Sorry to hear that. Chin up and keep going. Yes focus is key, you're doing so well on your weight loss. Don't give up now.

CavanGal wrote: »
    Purple Pawprints, the other posters are right. Use your weightloss journey as a distraction at this time. Getting out for walks or going to the gym or swimming will be a good way to clear your head and beneficial to your weightloss at the same time.

Virtual hugs to you!
    Purple Pawprints - really sorry to hear the news but as the other girls said it is time to concentrate on you, treat yourself to some none food related treats, and concentrate on your weight loss distractions will help you through. Big Hugs

Thanks so much everyone, I really appreciate all your kind words.

I need to focus on me for a little while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I was just updating my file with my weight loss progress, which I haven't done in a couple of weeks, and I realised I have lost all of the weight that I put on over the holidays and another .5 lb on top! Weigh in is tomorrow so hopefully there will be another couple of pounds to take off the current number too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

Thanks for the soup recipes x
    The weekends are the hardest really fall down the weather dosnt help!

Taz1 wrote: »
    I've been meaning to do this for ages as recommended by my OH who thinks I shouldnt rely on the scales too much. Where and how often do you take the measurements??

Atm I'm taking them every week but the best option is probably every 2/3 weeks because you wouldn't get much change within 1 week.

I measure my arms, waist (just under the breasts), my stomach (just under my belly button), hips, upper and lower thighs and calves just at the centre part (the widest part). I've no idea if these are correct places to measure but it's how I do it. Some people measure their breast. I don't as I just use my bras as an indication!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

I must start doing that now that I'm back exercising again.
    Hit the gym yesterday afternoon while himself was at the Sligo game and it felt great!

Pity I don't have as much time for exercise with college now, but once I keep an eye on my eating I should be fine.

Just got an email that they're starting to do WW at work.
    I think I'll stick to my own class though :)

Advertisement